George Plumbing Co Inc

Founded 1947 • With Angi since August 2005

George Plumbing Company, Inc. has been proudly serving the greater San Antonio, Texas area since 1947. We specialize in residential and commercial repairs, vintage plumbing restoration and repair, kitchen and bath remodels, backflow prevention, tankless water heaters, and water treatment....

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

plumbers (255)water heaters (44)water softeners (32)drain cleaning (27)excavating (12)home remodeling (7)drain pipe installation (6)irrigation system (5)gas fireplace repair (2)gas leak repair (1)well & water pump repair (1)home security systems (9)

08/25/2022

Toni G.

It was already late morning when we were alerted to the leak. George's staff were able to make adjustments to their work schedule and work us in. It turned out to be a complicated situation but Kody and his team worked until 6:00 p.m. to repair a failed valve and replace part of the main water line to our house. They is a great job. We will definitely call them again for future plumbing issues. I'm sorry we didn't think to take before and after pictures.

Description of Work
Kody and his team worked to repair a broken valve and main water line to our house.

Work Completed On 08/24/2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! If you need us, #Yell4George !

06/07/2022

Bryan S.

I started using George Plumbing about 6 months ago and I have found Shawn Jackson and the team at George to be very professional. They arrive on time and had the ability to troubleshoot what was a difficult problem. I would use them again for any plumbing problem.

Description of Work
Replace tank on water softener

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 06/07/2022

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you :)

05/30/2022

Terrie R.

I was very pleased with the quick response I received from George Plumbing. Doug was a joy to work with. He is very experienced and professional. He enjoys what he does and was happy to explain the problem thoroughly and in layman's terms. I recommend George Plumbing to anyone who needs a great plumber!

Description of Work
Determine Leak Under Kitchen Sink

Work Completed On 05/24/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! If you need a plumber, #Yell4George !

03/30/2022

Regina L R.

Doug and Duane arrived on time. Doug replaced the hose bibb that extended from my garage in my back yard. He then installed a new washing machine hose from the hose bibb to the hose reel. I have used George Plumbing Company for over 25 years for various plumbing issues. I'm always given an appointment as soon as possible. Doug, the other plumbers and employees are knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Hose bibb replacement

Cost $248.43

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

Thank you so much for your feedback and for trusting us with your plumbing. If you need us, #Yell4George!

03/19/2022

Rick W.

George Plumbing responded so quickly and serviced the issue following day. The work was done in a very timely manner. All our questions were answered and they took time to explain the work. The professional business ethic was outstanding. We could not have been more pleased. We had never used George Plumbing prior to this, but we would not hesitate to call for any future service and repair needs. We would recommend to anyone seeking an honest and ethical business. We are very grateful!

Description of Work
Faucet leak

Work Completed On 03/19/2022

03/16/2022

Mary B.

It was easy to schedule an appointment for the same day I called. Kody and his coworker arrived on time. He thoroughly checked the faucet and plumbing. He confirmed that the situation did not cause any harm to the plumbing in the wall and there were no leaks. I decided not to have him investigate further because that would involve breaking tile and I felt that as long as there are no leaks or plumbing issues, I didn't want to take any further actions. The plastic cartridge was damaged during the investigation so we scheduled a second appointment which allowed me to pick up a new cartridge for him install. While he was working, I had lots of questions for Kody to make sure I understood and to ensure everything else was perfectly safe to use. He was very patient with me and answered my questions in a way I understood. I would definitely use George Plumbing again.

Description of Work
The hot/cold settings of my main bathroom shower/tub are reversed. In order to get hot water, I turn the lever to the right; to get cold water, I turn the lever to the left.

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need us #Yell4George!

12/10/2021

DEWANE C.

Shawn was awesome. He arrived early ( after calling to make sure it was ok), was very professional, kept me informed with what he was doing, and unclogged the drain quickly!! I would definitely use their services again !!

Description of Work
Unclog shower drain

Category excavators, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need a plumber, #Yell4George! Happy Holidays! :)

12/01/2021

Joe D.

Very pleased with Shawn Jackson and his helper. They made quick work of replacing the water heater. I recently had knee surgery and couldn't lift the salt pellet bags so they did me a favor of loading my water softener with salt. Shawn and his helper were cordial and professional. George Plumbing is the company I'll always call.

Description of Work
Replaced a Rheem water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. And, for trusting us with your plumbing and home. If you need us, #Yell4George!

10/09/2021

Regina L R.

Doug checked, cleaned and tested wall furnaced, flushed the hot water heater and emptied washing machine lint trap drain. Doug is always professional, courteous and answers all my questions regarding other plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Check and clean wall furnace and flush hot water heater

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. And for continuing to trust us with your plumbing needs. :)

06/25/2021

Linda or Michael S.

It went great! It took Doug 30 minutes for what would probably have taken us so much longer. Doug and Will are a wonderful team: knowledgeable, informative, and very helpful. Everything was cleaned up and they also disposed of the old faucet.

Description of Work
Installed new faucet.

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

06/22/2021

Phil S.

Douglas and his assistant arrived at promised time (after confirmation phone call) and confirmed the old water heater was leaking and needed to be replaced. They removed leaking unit and replace with a Rheem tank water heater. The work was completed in a timely manner and the old water heater taken. They explained how the water heater worked and how to adjust and maintenance I could perform to assure peak performance. The work quality was excellent and professional.

Description of Work
Gas Tank Water Heater Replacement

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! If you need us, #Yell4George! - George Plumbing Co., Inc.

05/21/2021

Tyler H.

I preface this review by saying that I was informed ahead of requesting service that the first hour was a flat rate of $170, nonrefundable and for every 30 minutes it was another $85. This is not listed on their website and was only reported once. That being said. The repairman Lee was sent my way, arrived on time, took 1 hour to diagnose that my kitchen faucet and its set of accessories did not have the rubber stoppers to seal out water (the cause of my slow leak). He then said I could have everything put back and not get water up there or we could put stoppers/sealant. At this point one hour in is $170. I figured that it was worth getting the stoppers placed. To place these stoppers (4 in all) took 2 hours. This was not a time or labor intensive process. Additionally he only replaced two stoppers with one being inappropriately sized. This is a Kohler sink set, and they use their products. Our total bill was $441 (with tax) with $7 in itemized service and parts. (I was told that he kept it to a minimum to keep the charges low). I cannot speak for the company as a whole or other repair technicians in the company. If the send you Lee PLEASE ASK FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Get the service in the morning only to minimize them wasting time at the end of their work day, go to their website get the coupons on there (THEY DON'T MENTION OR OFFER) and please, please, please take pictures of everything they do.

Description of Work
Kitchen Sink Leak

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

04/02/2021

Jude M.

I've used this plumbing company multiple times since moving to San Antonio about 15 years ago, and I always appreciate their professional, personable, and prompt expertise. This was the second time in barely a year that the garbage disposal unit in my sister's house had led to an overflow disaster under her kitchen sink, and this time--thank goodness--I contacted Georges Plumbing for assistance, based on my own experience with them. They quickly identified that the disposal unit had been installed improperly and (at our request) removed it completely and put new drain pipes in place. What a relief!

Description of Work
Removed the "garbage disposal unit from ****" and installed new drain pipes

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are always here to help. If you need us, #Yell4George!

12/25/2020

Ellen A.

Doug showed up on time and got quickly to work. He inspected the water softener, found the leak, fixed it and cleaned up afterwards. Then he got to work on the kitchen sink leak which was resolved by tightening the faucet housing. Doug answered all my questions and even showed me how to DIY if these problems arise in the future, which saves me both time and money. I've used George Plumbing services for the past 10+ years and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I trust them completely.

Description of Work
Fix leaks on water softener and kitchen sink

Work Completed On 12/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need us, #yell4george!

08/25/2020

James S.

Excellent!! Dan was professional, courteous and explained all the steps to resolve the issue.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need us, #Yell4George!

08/18/2020

Barney F.

It was finally determined that I needed to replace the toilet because of age and scale build up in rim of toilet.

Description of Work
Replace seal on tank

Category plumbing, home security systems

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! - George Plumbing Co., Inc.

07/25/2020

Lanae M.

Lee was very professional. He listened to my concerns and promptly got to work when I arrived. He gave me opportunity to express my concerns and explained everything in layman’s terms. Even after work was done and paid for Lee took the time to explain what happened and what work he did. He took the time to offer suggestions and physically show me how to turn off water. Thank you Lee for sharing good information and being so professional

Description of Work
Leaking pipe in the front yard

Category home security systems, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need a plumber, #Yell4George!

06/20/2020

Misael G.

The staff here rocked our world. For 5 years we’ve dealt with regular plumbing emergencies. The team helped us re-structure our entire system and the impact it’s made on service and sanitation is amazing!

Description of Work
Consult on Bar Plumbing Systems.

Category plumbing, remodeling, water softeners, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to service your plumbing needs. Check out our website yell4george.com for discounts and coupons for your next plumbing service.

06/19/2020

Billy H.

George Plumbing has been our go to company for years. Shawn Jackson is always our request and not only does a great job but is super courteous and always dependable and punctual. Thanks again Shawn for your dedication and thank you George Plumbing for a great crew!

Description of Work
Toilet Replacement

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you trusting George Plumbing Co., Inc. for your home plumbing needs. If you need us, #yell4george!

06/16/2020

Ted H.

Excellent job - just like every time I've used George Plumbing. Needed electric water heater replaced. They came out same day and did a professional job.

Description of Work
Replace electric water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We thank you for continuing to chose George Plumbing for your plumbing needs.

06/15/2020

Joshua C.

The lady on the phone was very informative. The plumbers were thorough, prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Clear drain

Category home security systems, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

[Member Name Removed]: Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone. Keep us in mind for any future plumbing needs!

06/12/2020

Michael K.

George Plumbing was awesome to work with. They explained everything very well and provided an honest quote. Not once did I feel like I was getting something sold to me. They showed up on time, performed the work in accordance with the estimate, and the plumber was very professional and courteous. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Tankless water heater and water softener installation

Category water heater repair, water softeners, home security systems

Work Completed On 06/05/2020