DIRECT BUY OF SAN ANTONIO

Founded 1971 • With Angi since July 2010

4.2

12663 SILICON DR

San Antonio, TX 78249

We are a private membership club. We have over 700 manufacturers catalogs that members can buy directly at cost from. We also have the services for installations, builders, contractors etc.....

07/28/2014

Ann J.

Description of Work
EVERYTHING HAS TO BE SHIPPED TO THEM AND HAS TO BE PICKED UP IN 1-2 DAYS OR CHARGES START ACCRUING. WHEN YOU LIVE 150 MILES FROM THE NEAREST STORE IT MAKES IT TOUGH TO ORDER AND GET YOUR PURCHASE.

Category appliance sales

We do ask that all orders that are shipped to the club are picked up within 5 business days as our warehouse space is limited. We also understand that some members do live further away from the club, and we will always assist those members in making sure that storage charges are not accumulated. There are a lot of manufacturers that do have home delivery options, and through a current line review of all of the manufacturers, we are seeing home delivery options rise. Items that do deliver only to the club, typically have an inspection restriction placed by the manufacturer that limits the amount of time for any damage to be reported to the the manufacturer for a damage claim. We do offer recommendations fro third party delivery companies to assist members in getting a product to the home, if the manufacturer does not offer home delivery options. The service and management team stands ready to assist its members in taking advantage of the benefits afforded to them as DirectBuy members, and are also ready to help in any way possible to ensure that their experiences in being a member of DirectBuy is a pleasant one.

07/18/2014

Noel S.

Category appliance sales

05/30/2014

WILLIAM S.

Description of Work
We have used Direct Buy of San Antonio many times and have had a good experience each time. This time, the material was excellent and the local installer did a beautiful job. We have never been disappointed in anything we have purchased through Direct Buy.

Category replacement windows,appliance sales

04/28/2014

Pam W.

It is a discount place for members. It was less than half the price of other companies. It was ridiculously cheap. We bought it for wholesale and we had the guy come out from there and the contractor too. It was good and they did a very good job with inexpensive price.

Description of Work
We went with Direct Buy of San Antonio for our windows.

Category replacement windows

01/28/2013

Stephanie G.

Overall it was a great experience. The installer was very professional, efficient, and he cleaned up the job site and even took the old carpet with him.

Description of Work
We have been members of Direct Buy of San Antonio for over 10 years. We purchased new carpet for a house we were putting on the market. We were directed to a flooring wholesale warehouse where we picked out the carpet we wanted. Direct Buy also gave us a list of installers to choose from. The installer picked up the carpet from the warehouse once it was ready, delivered it to our house and installed it all in one day. They did a fantastic job with the installation and we saved a bundle of money purchasing through Direct Buy. We were able to buy a better grade carpet for the price of the lowest grade carpet at the local home improvement superstore.

Category carpet installation,hardwood floor,furniture sales,appliance sales

05/25/2012

Juan G.

Has been going great and I plan to keep my membership

Description of Work
I have bought many things from Direct Buy. Well worth the membership. I have many cost savings.

Category carpet installation,hardwood floor,plumbing,mattresses,appliance sales

03/04/2011

Amanda B.

They've been awesome and they supply the materials and then refer people to individuals who do the job and I've had very good experience because of Direct Buy. The materials I purchased were hardwood flooring. I received advice and referrals for professionals to actually do the installation of the materials I purchased. It was a family referral so I went to them. My mother had excellent service and when I told her that I was in the market for new floors. She said anything that having to do with your home because they sell appliances, they sell all kinds of things for your home. She said you only have to go to Direct Buy and sure enough I went to the San Antonio location and the service was incredible. They have a ton of selection on different types of wood and tile and flooring and they have carpet samples, furniture, appliances and pretty much everything that you could need. If you have any questions, staff is always available. There's always someone around that knows their stuff, understands what the product is and answers questions. Even if you don't really know what exactly the kind of a question that you have, they have enough information to explain the kind of things you want and that's really incredible. I worked with a woman and she was very helpful in explaining the difference between the different materials and she was also very helpful in recommending a professional to get it installed and then once I was connected with that professional, she was excellent in keeping me informed when my materials were coming in and what the prices were going to be and getting the materials to my professional so my professional would be able to install them. I didn't have to deal a whole lot. She was able to do it and that was really convenient. She was really good at getting back to me, phone calls and everything. I had an incredible experience, a family member recommended, best pricing and I would recommend them to everyone as well. I've had good experience with them. Their price is very competitive. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased hardwood flooring from Direct Buy of San Antonio in February.

Category hardwood floor

11/29/2010

PAULETTE P.

Experience has been less than acceptable. Have had more problematic purchases than not. First order for golf balls and golf clothing came back with some items being discontinued and the other was not worth purchasing to save 50 cent. The second order was for a bed and I got a call that my bed had been in and I would be assessed a fee since I had not picked it up in a timely manner. I had never been called about the bed being available for pick up to begin with. They waved the charge. Next I purchased a dishwasher and when it arrived it was dented. The originating company gave me a discount, but Direct Buy had nothing to do with that. At this point I'm starting to wander if the discount is for subpar service and merchandise. The light purchase was the worst yet. Still not resolved. Have order a few pieces of furniture which came in box as opposed to assembled, that was a surprise. Still have my membership, but would be happier without it.

Description of Work
I joined Direct Buy for $5000 and have had a nightmare ever since. My current problem is that i purchased lighting and equipment in June of 2010, have no merchandise and am out all my money. I have been in contact with the service manager and one of the onwer's which have been pleasant on the phone. However, here it is almost December and the only thing I have to show for my purchase it the interest I paid on the money spent. Out of 25 lights, cable, and transformers, I received light bulbs, two transformers and some wire. No lights whatsoever. They kept telling me Sea Gull lighting was backing up the order and then finally said they are not sure that they will be making them at all. After waiting months and being put off, I finally cancelled the whole order. I returned what little merchandise I did receive, I still have not received a refund after three weeks. The owner assured me the 26th of November I would receive a refund today, but as of yet have not received said money. Really tired of the run around and feel the Direct Buy should stand behind what they say in their "presentation." This is the worst $5000 I have ever spent as I have had more problem orders than not. My credit card statement says that I paid Direct Buy, but Direct Buy says they won't pay me without Sea Gull Lighting paying them. I'm not responsible for a third party. Direct Buy should stand behind their business. I have no contact with Sea Gull Lighting. I just want my money back and my membership money back!

Category outdoor lighting

OptiRest Mattress

We are a mattress retailer who offers every level of quality the mattress industry has to offer. While we have THE BEST prices in the city on kids and guest room beds, we actually specialize in Latex, Memory Foam, Pocketed Coil and Adjustable Beds. Also, we are local owner/operators who believe that every customer deserves 'the extra mile' of service. Stop by and you be the judge!

Propel Prefab, LLC

Propel Prefab offers metal fabrication and welding service. We have mobile welding options available. In additional, we also offer electrical prefabrication service.

Outdoor Comforts

We specialize in outdoor landscape lighting such as house accenting lights, trees and walkways. We also install in tree lighting. We offer free night demos so we can come and set up lights so you can see it before you purchase. We have been in business since 2014.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

General contracting, plumbing, roofing, electrical, flooring, windows/doors, landscaping, pest control, painting...