Dan The Computer Man

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2006

Awards & Badges

16310 Puma Pass

San Antonio, TX 78247

Dan The Computer Man is an owner-operated business with more than 15 years in the industry offering on-site computer repair. I work side-by-side with the computer owner to resolve problems, asking questions about the person's usage and preferences, and coming to a resolution together. I charge an hourly rate & can help with all of your computer needs. I have also been an Angie's List Super Service Award winner from 2008-2020!...

computer repair (330)

02/26/2021

Things went smooth as silk. Dan came to my house the same day I contacted him, and spent around 2 hours getting my home PC back up and running (I am typing on it now). He is knowledgeable, professional, prompt and reasonable in his rates. I also liked the fact that he was willing to answer my questions as he did his work, so a got a bit of education as well! 5 stars.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reinstalling Windows operating system

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/25/2021

11/03/2020

Dan resolved my list of issues and provided clear and concise explanations for his findings and resolutions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dell Inspiron ethernet issue. Misc. PC clean-up issues. Provided new pc backup process.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2020

10/24/2020

Dan responded promptly after I submitted my request. He asked for me to explain my issues. He very quickly assessed my issues, pointed me to his website which includes recommendations for minimum requirements, and I was able to see quickly what my issues were. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I will hire him for my next computer project!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Evaluating computer slowdown issues.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2020

10/12/2020

It went great! Very polite and professional (bonus points as he was knowledgeable to all of the nerdy fandom decor we have along our walls 😂). He had already had suspicions on what was wrong beforehand and immediately was able to resolve my issue(s) while also informing and educating me on the steps he was taking and why. 10/10 would definitely hire again!!! 🤗

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He solved the issue I had with my laptop looping/not wanting to install windows that I absolutely could not figure out (as I am not very tech savvy lol).

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2020

09/10/2020

Dan was an awesome person. When I described my problem, he actually took care of my issue over the phone and did not even charge me. As a result of his great service, he will now be my "go to" person for future computer problems. Thanks again Dan.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a printer problem.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/27/2020

08/11/2020

Expected it to be simple and quick, ran into a minor issue that was resolved with some thinking. All my prior issues were resolved and now have a fully functioning and healthy PC again. Thank you for your help.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Full Wipe, Reinstall of Windows to Fix Issues

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/11/2020

07/22/2020

Fantastic! I've used Dan several times for various computer issues. He's prompt and highly knowledgeable. He fixed what I needed and taught me how to rip old family movie DVDs to the computer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean off unwanted programs and learn how to rip old DVDs

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/21/2020

06/14/2020

Dan was awesome, dependable, knowledgeable, and efficient. I would definitely hire him again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaned up, organized & installed program on new MAC computer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2020

06/02/2020

He did an excellent job, was knowledgeable, professional, and prompt. He even gave me a very reasonable price. I would definitely hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He upgraded my computer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2020

05/18/2020

Perfectly and professionally. Dan has done several jobs for me over the years flawlessly...and in the computer space, flawless is never found. This was by far his most complex for me, as it appears that Dell really does not believe their keyboard would ever need replacing. It required him to remove nearly every single component in the laptop just to get to the keyboard. I greatly appreciate how he...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a new keyboard installed in my laptop (I'm typing this on the new KB.)

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/18/2020

Computer repair, virus removal, teaching, installation, new computer setup & data transfer. Printing, wireless networking, wireless devices.

Cabling (network drops in walls); limited help with Macintosh; repair printer hardware.

Hourly rate