CASTILLA'S CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2008

5002 RITA LN

San Antonio, TX 78228

8 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & HEATING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. SERVICE FEES APPLY....

06/17/2015

Bekah K.

Before Frank showed up, my remodel was a disaster. After, it was smooth sailing. I had originally hired another contractor to do my garage flip/remodel. I wanted to take my garage from bare studs and tar paper to a properly finished out bedroom including putting in a window, an AC unit, multiple light fixutures and electrical outlets, insulation, drywall, tape/float and texture. This first contractor did maybe a 1/3 of the job and took off with my money, also without paying Frank Castilla whom he'd subbed out some drywall work to. Luckily, I liked Frank and thought the work he'd done was good so I asked him to give me a bid on finishing the job. He came in at a reasonable rate and did the work in a timely fashion. He was very easy to get a hold of, responsive to my texts, and was a pleasure to work with in person, offering good ideas for ways to fix some of the issues we encountered along the way. I was surprised to see he was reviewed so poorly on his other review. Not sure what to make of that. It certainly wasn't my experience. I only stop short of giving this job an "A/Excellent" because I'm a very detail oriented person (used to work on a remodeling crew for the most meticulous contractor you've ever met) and there are some minor cosmetic things that were not necessarily "excellent" grade, for example, a little bit of texture overspray left on my light fixtures and some very small sections of drywall that probably could have been sanded a bit more before being textured. Small stuff. Please don't let the "B/Good" grade fool you; it would be very difficult for any contractor to get an "A" from me. Overall I feel like Frank rescued my remodel and I don't know what I would have done without him. I plan on hiring him again for future home projects and would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
flipped my garage and walled in a small porch area. interior: framing, insulation, drywall, multiple door installs, ac install (wall mounted unit), trim, electrical exterior: hardy plank install

Category drywall

03/26/2008

Roy R.

Nasty experience. Instead of 2 weeks it was over two months and he never finished although he was paid in full.

Description of Work
Total remodel- counter replacement, new stove top, new wall oven, sheet rock, wall demo, tub install, refinish wood floors and paint.

Category appliance repair, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters, floor cleaning

Creative Remodeling and Home Restoration

Just Quality Painting

With over 20 years of professional painting experience, we are here to brighten your home with skilled craftsmanship.

Texas Professional Tile

Experienced Laborer with a demonstrated history of working in the construction industry. Skilled in all types of Hardwood Flooring, Ceramic Tile, and vinyl , back-splash , custom bathrooms etc you name it. workers with over 10 years of experience. customer satisfaction is the thing here at TPT. you dream it , we build it .

ASK FOR DETAILS

REMODELING, ROOM ADDITIONS, DRYWALL, DECKS & PORCHES, NEW CONSTRUCTION, WINDOW & DOOR REPLACEMENT, ROOFING, SIDING, DRIVEWAYS, CONCRETE WORK & INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING.

CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS.