ARTISTIC TREES INC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2005

Thank you for taking the time to view my profile, I am a certified arborist and my specialization is care, preservation, and maintenance of native trees. With over 30 years of experience serving the San Antonio area, Artistic Tree Inc is the solution for all your tree service needs. I take great pride in my extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. I am an expert in my trade and will do my best to keep you as educated and informed as I can on your particular task or project. Satisfaction guaranteed! Please call today!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

tree service (158)lawn & landscaping (26)lawn care (21)decks & porches (5)irrigation system (3)hardscaping (2)mulch delivering (2)fence company (2)lawn treatment (1)

06/24/2022

Linda F.

In November of 2021 I hired Artistic Trees to come out to remove a tree stump and roots. I did not inspect their work until recently (June 2022). I am nearing retirement age and work 7 days a week. During the summer, my schedule slows down. When I inspected the yard, there was a large pile of shavings I had to rake up to get it level. After raking, I found that the stump is still there, only a couple of inches down. Additionally, they also left 2 large roots that are above the ground. I called Rene on June 8th and left a message, and he never returned my call. A week later, June 13th, I called his office and spoke to the receptionist, and she said she would talk to Rene and get back to me. She has not called back. I called again on June 20th to Rene. He texted back, "sorry, I can't talk right now".I called his office, and it went to voicemail. Artistic Trees has good reviews, and I did not think I had to worry that this job would not be done right. Their website says "stump grinding and will leave no traces behind". I was working and not present when the job was done, that was a mistake. I would not use Artistic Trees or recommend their service. As of today, they have not called me back.

Description of Work
Stump grinding

Cost $514.19

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Hello Ms [Member Name Removed], we apologize for the not being able to get back to you sooner and appreciate your patience. We did contact you and came out today to go over the stump again with our grinder. Our Forman spoke to you personally and let you know we did the best we could. Artistic Trees (6/29/2022)

06/29/2021

Anne W.

(December - 2020) - Rene Pena, (owner of Artistic Trees, Inc) offered excellent advice about which trees to prune, where to cut and why. His men were quick, thorough and knowledgable once the job was started. Rene and his crews have a sound understanding of oak wilt (which is in the neighborhood) and were very careful to follow strict protocols for trimming live oaks. His bid was reasonable and detailed. Every facet of his outline was checked off, one by one by Rene and his crew. Because of the success of this venture, I then selected him to carry out renovations in our back yard (after getting several bids from several companies) (April, 2021) Once again, Rene was the CEO in charge of multiple facets of our yard renovation. He was very "hands on" before, during and after the project. He made it look easy to present an overall view of his vision for our back yard, including removing railroad ties borders, reshaping existing beds to capitalize on our changing sun/shade cycles, recommending treatment for newly planted Cedar Elm trees, and offering advice on new shrubs and plants to replace existing beds, etc. His bid was reasonable and very explicit so that there would be no surprises in the end. Once the job started, Rene was key in overseeing deliveries, assigning duties to his workers, arranging for sprinkler repair, purchasing and making plans for various beds, directing the shape and design of Windsor Stone retaining walls (again, his suggestion). He demands much of his crews and has no problem pitching in to help when needed. Because deliveries of dirt, stone, mulch, etc. were done in a timely manner, no time was wasted when employees were present. His crews are very knowledgable, work efficiently, ask appropriate questions and get an amazing amount of work done in a single day. Communication was easy with his assistant, Ashley, and all calls were returned and questions were answered quickly. My experience with Rene has been that his word is his bond. If he says he will get it done, he will find a way to get it done! I would, and have, recommended Artistic Trees, Inc. to my friends and family because of the excellence of their work. Anne Wright Bluffview

Description of Work
Pruning very large live oak and cedar elm trees (December, 2020) and re-doing the landscaping in our back yard that has been there 35+ years (April, 2021)

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

01/14/2021

Amy D.

This is the third time we have used arborist Rene Pina with Artistic Trees, Inc. to sculpt, prune and trim or beautiful native and hybrid oak, sycamore, American elm, mountain laurel and crape myrtle trees. The results have always been amazing. We love their work so much we expanded it to include our exceptionally large sage, holly, olive, and antique rose bush/shrubs. They look incredible! We love that they let us keep the chipped bark for mulching in everything and all the firewood limbs to chainsaw up for next year’s camping trips.

Description of Work
Tree/scrub pruning

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

08/12/2020

Eunhee C.

Mr. Pena and his team did wonderful job. We did the oak tree pruning service 3 years ago from another company, but they did very poorly. This summer, we decide to find the best company we can rely on because The Oak tree was covered our solar panel and Raccoons are contentiously invading our roof. We searched Angie's lists and got the estimation from two companies. Artistic Trees are slightly expensive, but we decide to use it because Mr. Pena is very knowledgeable. We are very happy about their work. We plan to use his service from now on.

Description of Work
Prune 2 backyard oak tress, remove four deal red tips, Stump grinding, dress pruning wounds on oak tree

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

07/15/2020

Greg T.

We are VERY impressed with the service! They were certainly not the cheapest of the 3 estimates we had done, but we decided on Artistic Trees, Inc. because of Rene Pina's expertise as a certified arborist and the company's great reviews. When Rene came to look at our trees, you could tell he knows trees! Three men arrived today at 7:30 am as scheduled and began working immediately. Our live oak hadn't been trimmed in more than 10 years, and it had a lot of dead limbs and a TON of ball moss. That team did a fabulous job all morning, and later 4 MORE men arrived to help with the trees in the back yard. They were careful to move any personal items in the yard and on the patio, and put everything back exactly as it was after cleanup. Aside from a raised canopy on all of our trees and no more ball moss, you'd never know they were here! Thank you Rene Pina and team for a job well done!

Description of Work
Raise the canopy for 6+ trees and remove ball moss.

Category decks, tree service

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you Mr and Mrs [Member Name Removed] for taking time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you both. Good luck and health to you!

05/01/2020

Val P.

Rene and his crew did a very thorough and professional job pruning, shaping and de-rmossing all of our trees, greatly improving the appearance of our overall landscape. The crew cleaned up and removed all of the trimmed limbs and brush very well. When we found one oak limb with an untreated wound, Rene returned promptly to paint the cut and reinspect the rest of the trees to assure all was well. The cost for this service was slightly higher than another other estimates we received for the job, but the thoroughness and professionalism of the entire crew made this small difference we’ll worth the price. The crew from Artistic Trees, Inc really are artists in the trees.

Description of Work
Class 1 Tree Service of native live oaks and crepe myrtles in front & back yards of residence.

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

04/30/2020

zac N.

The owner Rene came by to do an estimate. Of the four estimates I got, he was not the lowest, but he did give me the most confidence that his team would do a good job. Now that the job is done my backyard looks much better and I'm very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Tree and shrub removal

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

04/10/2020

Suzanne K.

The work was perfect with them including clean-up and they'll be back next week for an estimate for another job.

Description of Work
Tree removal.

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you. We look forward to helping you with your future projects.

03/26/2020

PAUL S.

Punctual and work done professionally and quickly

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking time to post a review for us!! It was a pleasure working with you. Good luck and health to you and your family!

03/04/2020

Kirk O.

Couldn't have asked for better service. Prompt, and amazingly talented. Very professional!!

Description of Work
I needed to see if a tree could be saved, and if not, taken down.

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you.

01/06/2020

Jonathan S.

It has gone well so far... trying to save a tree that was destined to be cut down. The owner and workers were very knowledgeable and skillful. Completely cleaned up and removed the debris.

Description of Work
Needed one tree trimmed and cared for.

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

12/16/2018

Patrick G.

We wanted to cut all the lower branches (some quite large) which they did and then made every effort to balance out the tree. It was a big job and they did great. They were on time and worked very professionally. Clean up was perfect! This is the second time I have used them and I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Aggressive tree trimming

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

09/26/2018

Rachael D.

Professional, reasonably priced, quality work. Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and ball moss removal

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

08/22/2018

Chris M.

Left message and never returned call. I never recieved an estimate.

Description of Work
Tree bracing

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/20/2018

Robert C.

We are very happy with the work and the look of the shaped trees.

Description of Work
Removed one small tree. Trimmed several trees to remove from roof. Shaped several tall trees.

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

07/19/2018

Charles S.

Okay, everything looks good. I wouldn't pay for tree feeding again.

Description of Work
tree triming

Work Completed On 01/01/2021

05/08/2018

Emi R.

Very thorough and easy to talk to. Very happy with their services.

Description of Work
Trim and removal

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

04/10/2017

Ruth D.

Arrived in time and did a great job, as well as a good job cleaning up.

Description of Work
We have lots of trees and I call annually for them to come and trim the trees back from the house and pool. They always do an excellent job.

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

02/24/2017

JIMMY J.

He is not very prompt. He didn't show up when he was supposed to and I had to call him. And he took a while to get here. Once he got here, he did a great job. They did a good job when he he got in his crew. The price was a little higher but he did a great job.

Description of Work
They did all my trees. One of my trees looked like it was not doing well and he did some special stuff to it. He drilled holes in the bottom and stuff like that.

Work Completed On 11/20/2016

11/23/2016

Michelle J.

It went really well. The 3 man crew were very polite and arrived on time.

Description of Work
Cleaned up two trees one front and back. Hedged the bushes by the house. Cut theStraggler growing by fence in back yard

Work Completed On 11/23/2016

09/17/2016

Nancy H.

It went very well. After buying consultation on Angie's list, he made prompt contact, we made an appointment for him to come out. Was on time, made recommendations, and set up appointment for next weeks service, with a credit given from consultation for using their service. Return visit was on time, did excellent job on tree removal and tree trimming. A few neighbors were impressed and solicited their service as well. Will use again, and recommend.

Description of Work
Remove tree in front yard, and trim a second tree.

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

04/02/2016

John S.

Rene the owners crew showed up on time Feb 15 & 16, 2016. The crew returned on Feb 22nd to trim any missed limbs, Spray wounds on trees cut out 90% of ball moss.

Description of Work
Lifted up canary on 21 live Oak trees-trimmed lower branches and removed several large branches. Painted trees where limbs were cut. Also cut out 90% of ball moss. Hauled away all tree trimmings, branches once debris.

Cost $2,462.69

Work Completed On 02/22/2016

02/17/2016

Ruth M.

They started cutting and the branches landed on my roof. They damaged some shrubbery. They said they would trim the bushes and didn't they broke off the broken pieces from the bushes and all my dogs toys were gone. They didn't make clean cuts, there are several jagged cuts. The quality of the work was not that of the owner. The workers took on extra work at my neighbors while working on mine. The owner tried to make it right but the workers retaliated. Professionalism of the owner was good but the workers was an F.

Description of Work
i hired them to stop branches from falling on my roof