Armadillo Granite & Marble

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2011

18230 Bracken Dr

San Antonio, TX 78266

ARMADILLO GRANITE & MARBLE is a full service fabrication and installation company for granite, marble and quartz with 24 years. We make every effort to be your "one stop shopping" source for your natural and engineered stone needs. Our priorities are: PERSONAL Service, Quality Craftsmanship, Competitive Pricing, On-Time Scheduling & Completion. We are happy to assist you in the selection of the proper stone and design for your project. We pay very close attention, not only to your project's finest details, but also to your schedule and peace of mind. We want you to feel confident that your investment is completed the way you want, on time, and with the highest quality of craftsmanship and service in the industry. ARMADILLO GRANITE & MARBLE provides very personalized customer service and all of our work is guaranteed. We take great pride in our artistry in fabrication and our installation services. Our reputation is reliant on our customers' satisfaction. We offer a 10 year guarantee on complete installation and a 1 year guarantee on repair work. Our best compliments are customers' referrals. Staying busy is our goal. Contact us for a free estimate. 210.315.2703 cell 210.967.9300 office...

02/02/2018

Dora V.

The entire project was fantastic!!!!

Description of Work
Mario and his team are true professionals. I hired him to place granite in my entire home from grades 1 through exotic with different fabrication edges. Excellent service and professional!

11/18/2017

Shelbi H.

Mario is phenomenal to work with. This was our first time dealing with counter tops of any sort. Mario was very responsive and walked us step by step through the entire process to an amazing finished product. He is very personable, professional, and helpful. We could not be more happy with our counter tops and we will be hiring him again when we start our bathroom remodeling. I would recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Consultation, quote, and installation for granite counter tops and window sills.

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the opportunity to help you with your renovation project. The first time, countertop renovation can be very daunting. I'm glad that I was able to help you with your project and that you were satisfied with the product, our work and service. I look forward to working with you again when you are ready for your bathroom renovations. Sincerely, Mario Villarreal

11/18/2017

Virginia L.

I couldn't be happier with this company. We did a total remodel of our kitchen and kept getting postponement of the delivery of the island and bar countertops. They would give up one time frame and then move it to a later time. We called Armadillo and they came out the next day. In a little over a week, Mario installed the new island and bar. They look awesome! We were so pleased we had his company install the back splash. We will definitely use this company when doing the remodel of the 3 bathrooms.

Description of Work
Project: Install Stone Slab Counter Tops

Category countertops,marble & granite

Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to help out with the completion of your renovation. I guess it was a blessing in disguise for us. We were very happy that we could step in to help you in trying to meet your time frame with your project. It was my pleasure to work with you. Please do not hesitate to call on us with any issues that you might have. We look forward to working with you and your husband on your future projects. Thank you again. Sincerely, Mario Villarreal

07/21/2017

Keith P.

The project was done on time and on budget. Mario was a great help in providing guidance and working with our schedule. The workmanship was excellent, from removing the old counter tops to measuring, cutting and installing the new ones. I would not hesitate to recommend Armadillo Granite and Marble.

Description of Work
Select and install new granite counter tops, kitchen sink and back splash.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite

06/16/2017

Ginger S.

Great! Quick!

Description of Work
Fixed a kitchen sink

03/30/2016

Richard M.

11/12/2014

Suzanne H.

I had to take a moment to comment on Mario's professionalism. I called to inquire if he did marble polishing. He does not, but said he could recommend someone. I've been looking for a service provider for several months. Mario stopped his car, checked his phone, and then gave me the name and phone number of the polisher. Talk about impressive. I'll definitely call Mario in the future for any of my granite and marble needs.

Description of Work
Assistance

10/07/2014

David F.

Description of Work
Floor tile installation of 1400sf. Did a great job. Attention to detail was very good. Worked 10 days straight even on Sunday to get the project completed on time. Did a great job of cleaning up and moving our furniture back in place. And returned immediately to touch up the grout in a few areas.

01/16/2014

William C C.

Excellent. Cannot say enough good about this company.

Description of Work
Granite counter tops installed.

12/03/2013

Tim O.

We have used Armadillo twice. Once for our kitchen remodel and most recently for our business. Mario has been a pleasure to work with. He keeps us informed of the status and goes out if his way to ensure our satisfaction. As with most remodels, things are bound to go wrong but Mario worked around those obstacles to make sure that the project was completed timely and to our satisfaction. I would definitely use Armadillo in the future.

Description of Work
Installed granite countertops in my retail showroom

11/01/2013

Claudia K.

I talked to Mario on a Tuesday morning, he came to the house did the template for the granite and we had our granite installed on Friday .they installed our backsplash on Saturday and grouted on Sunday. They showed up exactly when they said and cleaned up afterward. Will use Armadillo Granite and Marble again when we redo our bathroom vaniity.

Description of Work
Mario was very prompt about answering his phone. Never had any problems getting ahold of him. He came to our house when he said he would and gave a fair and accurate estimate. He told us different place to go and look at different granites and pick what we wanted.

09/26/2013

Lauretta S.

While shopping granite for our kitchen countertop remodel, Armadillo Granite & Marble was recommended to us by a Daltile employee, where we selected our granite. He suggested that we call Mario for an estimate. On September 13th I left a voice message for Mario; he called me back on September 17th, made an appointment for the next morning at 9:00 am. Mario did not keep the appointment; never called; we received no further contact from Mario. That was a clear message to us to look elsewhere. I called Mariio prior to submitting this review as I felt that he should know why I will not consider his company for any work in my home and he responded that he had had gall bladder surgery (micro) done a few weeks prior and he was not at 100%. With this kind of business ethic, I am fortunate that he did not keep our appointment; blessing in disguise.

Description of Work
It is basically what the provider did NOT do.

Category countertops,marble & granite

We apologize for these occurrences. At that time, I went through gall bladder surgery. My recuperation period did not go as smoothly as my physician nor I expected. Due to my slow recovery, my communication with clients did suffer. The lack of communication is definitely not my norm for conducting my business. Every potential client is very important to me and I try to meet their needs promptly. As one can see, close to 90% of my reviews have been given an "A". We regret that we could not have had the opportunity to receive the same caliber of review from you.

08/12/2013

Josh M.

Perfect. Professional work from start to finish. All our questions were answered and the final cost was the same as the estimate. He was on time for all appointments. His bid was very competitive and included a plumber for the sink and faucet install in the bid so we didn't have to hire a plumber. Bottom line: Adrian and his team did a great job. We can't say enough great things about the job and results. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Changed out our countertops to granite.

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

05/18/2013

Ana N.

I think they did a fabulous job. When I came home from work, I was in awe. They were thorough, friendly, very efficient, and were careful not to damage any of my appliances. They were very clean. They made sure the house was in as good of shape or better when they left. I would use them again in a heart beat. We are actually considering remodeling our bathrooms.

Description of Work
They updated our kitchen countertops to all granite.

04/09/2013

Kay R.

Preparation and installation of granite vanity top, removal of granite from cooktop counter. (Please reverse these two sections)

Description of Work
I give this company an "F" in customer service & satisfaction. Initially Mario seemed great to deal with. He even ID'd a couple of areas where my existing kitchen granite needed more shims for greater stability and said he would put those in when he installed my bathroom counter and removed granite from a cooktop counter so a new cabinet could be installed. I picked out a remnant for the bathroom at his shop and he and his installers cut it & came out to install it. Looked good, though they left a big hole in my drywall on one end. I didn't even make a big deal about it. He then tried to raise the price on me re: the return trip by $100 -- he would need to come back to put the cooktop granite back on after installation of new cabinet base and cut holes for bathroom sinks/faucets once I got them in. I said "No, we agreed on $250 more and I would like you to stick to that unless there is some good reason not to." I reiterated I was arranging things for HIS convenience so that he only had to make one more trip. He said ok. I called him back when my bathroom sinks arrived, having already explained at least twice that we were installing vessel sinks that need to be recessed slightly below the counter to obtain the right overall height. He said ok. I had also explained I was on a very tight schedule for other tradesman who had to come in after him, in order for us to finish our remodeling and get moved into our house. So his granite cutter, who has a sour demeanor and attitude, told me when he got there that he couldn't cut the holes for the sinks or faucets because "he didn't bring the right saw." I said my plumbers were wrapping up their work in the kitchen; before they go back to get the right saw, why don't they install those shims Mario said you would take care of, and by the time you do that, my plumbers will be gone and you can place the pieces back on the cooktop base. All I heard in response was his mumbling that he was leaving to pick up the saw. About 20 min. later I got a call from Mario, who had the gall to say I wasn't ready for them, and they were "done with me and couldn't waste any more time." I said "How can you say I wasn't ready when YOUR guys didn't bring the right saw to do the vanity cuts?" Even though his guys were woefully unprepared and had poor attitude/scowls, I said they could install the shims and start with the kitchen portion of the work. My plumbers were literally out of the house 5 min. later, so absolutely would not have been in their way. Then Mario changed his story and said, "We don't do that type of work (partially recessing vessel sinks). You bought the wrong kind of sinks for that anyway." I told him I knew that is 100% wrong, as I'd had exactly the same thing done at our last house. And why hadn't he told me they were not qualified to do this days or weeks earlier and saved us both the trouble? He caused a "domino effect" of scheduling delays, but did not care. Anyway, I had a wonderful "A rated" Angie's List company come in today who did an outstanding job with work Armadillo either could not, or would not, do.

Category countertops,marble & granite

We are very sorry that this project did not go as expected on both sides. The situation that generated the domino effect was that the kitchen cabinetry was not in place for the installation of the granite countertop along with the cooktop, as was the plan on both sides. Time and manpower had been allotted that day for the installation. Since the site was not ready for us to do our job, an additional trip was necessary to complete the job. This situation generated an additional fee for time and manpower. This is a common practice for most businesses. Our apologies that the job didn't turn out to be a favorable experience.

02/10/2013

Donald L.

They were here on time. They reaired chips in granite counter tops. Cleaned and polished all granite counter tops.

Description of Work
Repair and polish granite counter tops in kitchen

10/22/2012

Richard and Barbara V.

We have recommended Armadillo to everyone we know and our general contractor was impressed and also recommends the firm. My wife selected the granite before we retained Armadillo. She was a science teacher for 35 years and the piece she selected had numerous mineral outcroppings. It is a truly unique piece. Our interview process confirmed our preference for Armadillo. He suggested Barbara come to the shop and lay out the counter with him. He would not make a cut without Barbara's approval. She did go to the shop and choose the flow of the lines and minerals in the granite. They did not miss a trick. The back splashes matched the counter top; the entire project looked as though it had been painted on a canvas. Once the meeting with Barbara was completed, the next meeting was with the general contractor. They both measured and re-measured the counter top area. They discussed matching the back splash behind the cook top with the hood vent. Also, they reviewed the support that the counter would rest on. Armadillo works well with general contractors. The owner of Armadillo is an artisan with a very practical side. One of the problems with a granite top is the installation of an under counter dish washer. It often requires screwing into the granite top. He showed us a product he brought from California. It is a strip that glues to the granite and the screws go into the strip not the granite. He also has a unique method of reinforcing large cut out areas ( cook top, sink ). The installation was as meticulous and perfect as the pre planning.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed counter tops.

01/21/2012

Sarah J.

Product was delivered on time and the staff was very efficient at the installation.

Description of Work
Installed sink. Installed granite countertops in four placed in my kitchen & backsplash.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

12/19/2011

Curtis W.

I am completed satisfied with the granite counter tops and ceramic tile that Armadillo Marble & Granite installed in our kitchen. The company is owned by Mario Villarreal. From start to finish Mario & his crew were polite, displayed the highest level of professional and kept us informed of their status throughout the project. Mario is very personable and with the many types of tile and colors to choose from, he helped us select tile colors that complimented both the granite and the tile floor. In addition, Mario added a design to the tile back splash that really complimented the color of the granite. It was clear that they were extremely knowledgeable in their craft, but we were extremely impressed with their attention to detail. Everything was completed to perfection. When they finished, the kitchen looks as if it is new. The project took several days and at the end of each day, they thoroughly cleaned the area where they were working. I highly recommend Armadillo.

Description of Work
Removed the old kitchen back splash tile and counter tops. Then installed new granite tops and ceramic tile in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite

06/06/2011

Richard and Barbara V.

They were fabulous. The owner of the company came out and I did not want just the uniformity of designs. Like some people want it all the same but I didn't want that so I wanted to first see the designs. I had a corner window that I previously had a ledge that went up into the two windows in the kitchen by the sink. There was a triangular block at the back that was made for plants. The tile person came out to make sure that all of the designs flowed up into the backsplash and into the window sill which he also made out of granite. He was very meticulous in the designs and how he cut the marble. We discussed beforehand how that would happen so I was extremely pleased. We bought the slab and then he had it delivered to his place of business and cut it. The thing that made this thing unique for me as a husband was he took Barbara over and cut the piece. Barbara is a science teacher so found a piece that had all sorts of minerals in it of granite. He cut the pieces so that it all falls and made it match. He did exactly what she wanted and also did something that even the contractor had not seen here in the dishwasher. He had a metal strip that he adhered to the granite because lots of people would drill holes. He had a strip and the screws went into the strip, they never touched the granite. We worked with him because we had a stainless steel splash made so he came over to measure everything twice to make sure before it was ordered. Everything he did was just great and we completely changed that kitchen. He just did it exactly the way she wanted and as part of the amount we paid he mounted with a proxy where the sink was because she put in a big double color sink. He reinforced that granite, he did it with a proxy and it literally looked like rebar. We can't see where the cut was made; those are the little things that we wouldn't have known to ask about. When my wife was trying to describe where the two windows were, he cut pieces of granite that matched what we had on the countertop and built a window sill for us. He also took the splashes by four to six inches around where the windows are in that area and he made the splash go all the way from the counter to the window sill. It all flowed and it wasn't like two pieces of granite. He allowed Barbara to go over and they marked the granite with the white chalk. They talked about what they wanted, was easy to deal with and they marked exactly what we wanted. The pieces were cut and it wasn't like they were the boss. They asked us being the customers what we wanted and he did everything that we wanted to be done. We went around to different places where they had already cut half inch granite on with a plywood backing and he beat their price with three quarter inch granite. Our contractor saw his work after they were finished and he got a hand full of cards. Not only was the work good but we had a situation with the contactor where we had to delay the granite install because the contractor's wife had breast cancer. The granite guy handled that the same way as he handled everything else. If I had any other work to be done I wouldn't look anywhere else but call Armadillo Granite & Marble.

Description of Work
We used Armadillo Granite & Marble in November 2010 to put in a granite countertop.

Western Standard Tile LLC

Western Standard Tile LLC Family owned & owner operated, Milton Sellman has been in the shower repair business in the Greater Houston area for 35 years with extensive experience. So if you have leaking faucets, need to fix a toilet or just looking to change things up in your bathroom area give us a call. Additional website - Westernstandardtile.com Additional email - lees4ya@gmail.com

Granite Brothers

Our company started out in the home building industry. Realizing the lack of good contractors, we understood there was a great opportunity as a company to make the move to a specific trade. Granite and Quartz happened to be something that we really enjoyed and it felt like the "icing on the cake" in a remodel. After the transition our company has grown every year. Granite Brothers has a bunch of great builders, remodelers, designers, realtors, residual clients continuing to use our services. Our Clients are seen as people looking for a professional to give them guidance. Whether it's commercial job, an investment property or a forever home we try to make sure to give the client exactly what they need as far as budget, color and product. Granite Brothers strives at having the best trained staff and tradesman around. We stay away from having random sub-contractors so we know the quality of our work stays at our high standard. We look forward to working with you here at Granite Brothers!

Jorge's Tile

Install Wall tile and floor tile indoors and outdoors. Remodel Kitchens, Handicap and regular bathrooms as well as mud-set in showers. We Strive on making the clients tile vision into reality with Zero worries and errors at the time of completion. By working with budgets and schedules that best fit the client. Jorge's Tile is owner operated and has been doing tile in commercial and residential for 24 Years.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Granite and marble stoneworks, countertops, stone tile work, stone installation & repairs. Cabinets, backsplashes, Kitchen remodeling. Bathroom remodeling.Garage floors & organization.