Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2015

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through

4.3

irrigation system (424)drain pipe installation (22)lawn care (13)landscape lighting (11)lawn & landscaping (8)plumbers (4)drain cleaning (2)pool cleaning (2)lighting (2)insulation (2)

11/20/2021

George J.

The guys showed up on time and were polite. But buyer beware if you use this company you need to read the details for whatever special they are offering. I called them for the sprinkler tune-up and it turned out to be a trip fee/diagnostic fee and felt less like a tune-up. They very quickly looked over my irrigation system and missed one of the heads that needed to be replaced. I did ask them prior to the work starting if I could pay the initial sprinkler price of $75.00 and call them back since I thought it was overpriced so I could get several other estimates. I was then made aware that I could do that but if I had them come out again it would be an additional $75.00 trip fee plus the repair fee. This definitely rubbed me the wrong way and it felt like a pressure sales tactic. The job entailed 3 sprinker heads needed replacing and a small section of pvc pipe needed to be repaired. I felt the quote was over charged at ($350.00). Why did I still have the work done. In all honesty I just wanted it done and I was already in for 75.00 and they were already there. In conclusion ask lots of questions, they do offer 1 year warranty on the work they do. The worker did replace the one sprinkler head I pointed out that he missed for free (why I gave 3 stars and not 2). Do your research prior to booking this company all the best.

Description of Work
Sprinkler tune up

Work Completed On 11/19/2021

11/11/2020

Sherry M.

I went great! Terrance came out the afternoon I called. He assessed the situation, established a plan and provided an estimate on the spot, which he detailed and followed up with a formal email bid when he got back to the office. The construction of the addition had also left a great deal of bare ground and we had Andy's re-sod the grass. They provided some of the most beautiful grass I have seen in awhile. Work started on a Tuesday; the drainage system was finished on Thursday; the grass installation on Saturday morning. These folks are very professional. I see that some reviewers have said their prices are a little high. Having seen what too much runoff and flooding can do to property, we wanted a well established company to do the work and felt the bid was fair for the job. Once work got underway, we knew we had made the right choice.

Description of Work
We needed a drainage system installed along the back and side of our home to redirect stormwater.

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

11/08/2020

BILL C.

They arrived on time, work was completed in one visit. Technician was courteous and friendly.

Description of Work
Repaired various heads in sprinkler system

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

06/29/2020

Anne E.

Requested repair of one broken PVC pipe, replacement of one sprinkler head, and capping off of four other sprinkler heads. Annual check-up cost is $75. He quoted me repairs at a whopping $987. I did not hire him. He still charged $75 and performed no repairs at all. This seems like an outrageous price considering the cost of sprinkler system parts and the prices I've previously paid for sprinkler system repairs.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

05/22/2020

Peter H.

Very well. Ernest & his partner were helpful, efficient and competent.

Description of Work
Replacement of one control valve

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

05/19/2020

Andrew U.

Call center wants to charge $75 to adjust system BEFORE they will quote for any other work. Previously contacted about drainage quote and they offered for free. Call Center lady stated it was 'a new policy'.

Description of Work
Drip line added, move/raise sprinkler heads

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

04/29/2020

Denise K.

They analyzed the issue you made suggestions for repair and completed the project.

Description of Work
Repair sprinkler system

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

04/22/2020

Walter M.

The service went very well! Chris and Luis showed up on time, surveyed the property for necessary repairs, checked the water line pressure, and then gave us an estimate of the costs. We gave the go ahead and they began. Their work lasted almost 4 hours. Replacement parts required the digging out of the damaged heads and height extenders. Also, Chris recommended a smaller head replacement for one of the rotating heads as the difference in water pressure during operation didn't allow the other heads in the zone to have a sufficient amount of pressure. Chris recommended hidden line in our shrubbery be extended so it would cover the shrubbery better. The drip line controller head was broken and was replaced and the leaks in the line repaired. It was a thorough job done by professionals who knew what to do. Prior to finishing up Chris ran each of the 7 zones to demonstrate the fixes made and asked for any other changes that we thought were needed. All in all they did excellent work. By the time they finished, Chris was soaking wet from the waist down. The great news was that their work is warranted by Andy's for 1 year. Both my wife and I were very pleased with the outcome. The cost was a little more than I expected, but the result was excellent. The quality of work and the warranty made it all worthwhile.

Description of Work
A number of the sprinkler heads were damaged and, or needed repair or replacement. Additionally the drip line head was broken and needed replacement and the drip line as well had leaks. We didn't realize that it was actively leaking water.

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

09/18/2018

ARLENE D.

Very satisfied with their work. Cost was increased due to site conditions associated with repairs

Description of Work
repair sprinkler head and install new valve; full system check; change heads.

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

08/31/2018

Eugene D.

Very knowledgeable, they did a whole system check and gave me their assessment and what it would cost to complete repairs. Price was very reasonable. Would definitely utilize them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tune-up of irrigation system along with fixing some leaks

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

08/27/2018

Bill C.

Three leaks were discovered and repaired.

Description of Work
We had a high water bill and wanted Andy’s to check our sprinkler system for leaks and make necessary repairs.

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

07/23/2018

David S.

Really well. Andy's installed a fantastic wireless controller and were very diligent in identifying and repairing a couple of breaks, electrical issues, and numerous bad sprinkler heads. Not the cheapest service, but a lot cheaper than redoing a lawn, and top notch quality!

Description of Work
Needed a survey of our irrigation service and repairs to several zones.

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

07/03/2018

Scott T.

Layne and Arturo(sp?) did a fantastic job! Courteous, professional and kept me informed of what they were doing each step of the way. The work I needed required some additional charges and Layne let me know right up front about how much it would cost. After finding/fixing my problem, he took a few minutes to quickly check my entire sprinkler system. He then recommended a few preventative maintenance items, which I agreed to. I would call them again if/when needed. Hopefully, that won't be for a long time, but I will keep their number handy!

Description of Work
Sprinkler Repair

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

04/18/2018

Tom B.

Diagnostic suggested we needed a new regulator, which was quoted very high. Neighbors had an emergency after-hours replacement for $150 less than today's quote. Pretty sure this is "dumb housewife pricing". No, thanks - paid for the diagnostic visit only and will have the regulator installed by someone else at a more reasonable price.

Description of Work
Diagnose sprinkler system problem

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

12/25/2017

Imelda C.

Went very well They explained up front was work was required and cost.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system check and repair

Work Completed On 12/25/2017

12/04/2017

Lynn L.

They showed up on time and were great. They fixed what they should and gave me some estimates on additional work should I choose to do it later.

Description of Work
Needed a couple of sprinkler heads replaced and a general tune up.

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

10/04/2017

Jeanette T.

Techs were prompt, knowledgeable personable & fast. Inspected property. Provided estimate. Truck was fully stocked. Checked, adjusted, replaced and/or moved some heads. Set controller. Price was fair. Met all expectations.

Description of Work
Needed a full irrigation system check.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

09/26/2017

Lynn C.

N/a we did not use this company. So no review.

Description of Work
None we did not use this company so I have no reviews at this time.

Category plumbing

09/21/2017

Charles S.

They did good work they just showed up 2 hours late and I missed work for the appointment.

Description of Work
inspect system, replace some broken parts.

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

09/08/2017

Brannon L.

It went fine, but the price for the services was not equitable.

Description of Work
I needed a tune up and a handful of sprinkler heads replaced. I swap out sprinkler heads often, and know they cost ~$10 for a rotor. These were charged at $69 for each (including installation). It took them two hours, and it cost me nearly $500. I thought the technician was excellent, but the price for this was ridiculous.

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

09/08/2017

Brannon L.

They did the tuning. I took much longer than it should have and then I was charged an outlandish amount for a couple of sprinklers being replaced. I also walked the sprinklers and found some that were spraying poorly, or not raising fully (needed the filter cleaned), etc. For what I was charged, this thing should have been dialed in by the time they were done, it was not. They fixed two sprinkler heads, and did a poor job tuning the overall system. I got ripped off.

Description of Work
I needed tuning of my system

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

09/06/2017

Marisa D.

The 2 guys that came out checked every head and adjusted angles. I even had heads I didn't know existed! They also set up my system with date and times to go off on my designated drought days .... I even had one small leaky head (no idea it was leaking) and the 2 gentlemen fixed it at no charge. Also appreciate the fact that they actually called me to say when they were on their way... may companies say they'll do that but don't.

Description of Work
Moved in a house that had an irrigation system but I had no idea how to use it. The system had no been used in over a year so a tune up was def in need

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

09/04/2017

Steve C.

The repair was done professionally and the gentlemen were very professional. The total bill was more than $400. Seemed extremely expensive for the work performed. I may shop around for a better price next time I need help with the sprinkler. The service was great -- my only complaint was the price.

Description of Work
Repair sprinkler line leak