Alamo Handyman LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2007

Alamo Handyman is a professional company committed to quality home improvement, repair, replacement, and energy efficiency updates. With Alamo Handyman, you can rest easy knowing that our skilled employees are in your home or business to protect your investment. Our dependable master craftsmen bring years of experience to each job, large or small, and complete it with pride and professionalism. You will have peace of mind knowing that we have handled your improvement project in a timely manner, using quality materials. And not only are we insured and bonded, we give each customer a written warranty because your satisfaction is our reward. Alamo Handyman has earned Angie's List Super Service award eleven years in a row. Only Texas licensed plumbers and electricians are used and their information is available upon request....

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

4.4

handyman (422)drywall (77)door installation (66)woodworking (62)interior painting (59)electrician (47)plumbers (39)lighting (29)fence company (29)home remodeling (28)flooring (28)tile installation (28)

04/06/2022

Susan H.

If I could give them 0 stars I would. Our 2nd story balcony (30 feet from ground level) had water leaks. I called them and explained out issue, telling them they would need a 30 foot ladder to get a good look at the problem. An estimator came out 9/29/21, looked at it from the ground and the balcony and said he would need to send a 2 person team with a 30 foot ladder (duh) to pull off some wood to do a proper estimate. They said they would charge ~$600 for this, to which I agreed and promptly paid. They scheduled this for 11/2/21 and then called to change to 11/8/21. Two older gentlemen came on the 8th WITHOUT a 30 foot ladder. They said they would need to come back with a younger person and a 30 foot ladder. Scheduled this for the next day. They came back with a ladder but no younger person. They said he was delayed due to a wreck on I35. I later heard him say on the phone "I told her you were stuck in traffic in case she asks". The young guy eventually got there, climbed the ladder, pulled off one piece of siding and took about 3 pictures. That was it for $600. They said they would get me a quote. I called them many times to ask about my quote, the last being 1/6/22. Despite repeated assurances, I never received a quote. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE BUSINESS DON'T STRING PEOPLE ALONG. I had this work done by Moses General Contractors, who did a great job on the work and a great job of communicating with me.

Description of Work
2nd story balcony repair

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/08/2021

03/22/2022

Mary B.

I needed to make repairs in my attic as part of selling my condo. It was easy to schedule an appointment for an estimate and later to schedule the work to be done. The estimator was very knowledgeable and helped me understand how the work would be done. On the day of repairs John reviewed the work to be done and set to work. Later a coworker arrived to assist. John and Bill got to work and completed the work in a few hours. The work was well done and they were careful to pickup after themselves. I asked that whenever they were not in my garage (cutting sheetrock) to close the garage door and they were careful to do so each time. They were professional and personable. A very pleasant experience. I've used Alamo Handyman for 2 other projects and would recommend them to anyone. It was very easy working with the office as well. I called a few times to ask questions and each time, everyone was pleasant to work with and very helpful.

Description of Work
Repairs to attic: reinforce truss, replace torn sheathing, patch holes in firewall, add protective covers to lights, redistribute insulation to cover evenly, and repair of "bubbled" wall paint was scraped, spackled, and textured.

Category handyman service, chimney repair

Cost $823.51

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

03/16/2022

Paul K.

They did a great job repairing the shed. Will recommend this company to a friend that needs similar repairs.

Description of Work
Repaired work shed that had extensive water dsmagr on bottom of siding on sll four sides.

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

12/26/2021

Lisa T.

Initially, they reached out the same day. Charged us $50 to come out and look at the area we wanted repaired. Said once they provided a quote on the work we needed done, they would apply that $50 to overall cost of the project if we went with them. After that, we've not heard from them...almost 3 weeks and no response. We've reached out via email and phone multiple times and all we are told is they'll follow up, but no follow up has happened.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote on some bathroom repair

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

10/11/2021

Regina L R.

Lalo realigned hinges on a metal door and adjusted door knob on a closet door in same room. He was professional, knowledgeable and courteous. For other handyman services, I would not hesitate to call Alamo Handyman.

Description of Work
Back room metal door was sticking and hard to open

Category handyman service, doors

Cost $169.99

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

05/08/2021

Millie B.

Handyman Bill arrived promptly and completed all work as requested and cleaned up the job site completely. He was knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Paint 1/2 bath, remove old arbor and assemble and place new arbor, replace 1/2 bath TP holder, spray paint front porch rails, caulk base of 1/2 bath toilet, & spray paint one A/C return grill.

Category handyman service, hauling services, chimney repair, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

07/09/2020

Stephen S.

Brilliant, Professional repair and great customer service. Friendly, Knowledgeable handyman. Benny Cortez from the company gave us great advice on the smart lock we can go for and provided the service to restore the door and install the lock we picked. Will utilize services in the close future if repairs required. 100% recommend service provided.

Description of Work
Restoring our door and installing Schlage smart locks

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Review for Alamo Handyman LLC - 6735-A Low Bid Ln, San Antonio, TX - 38705591

06/23/2020

H.B. C.

Well. They cleaned up the area and re-sealed it properly.

Description of Work
Re-sealing windows in the bedroom

Category small appliance repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/20/2020

Robert S.

The contractor does nice work and addressed all of my concerns. The work is definitely A rated. It was the financing the brought the overall rating down a letter. The interest free promotional period was supposed to be for 12 months. It ended after 6 months and I was unable to transfer the balance to another creditor.

Description of Work
Door trim replacement, drywall repair, ceramic tile repair, baseboard installation, door alignment

Category ceramic tile, drywall, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

03/28/2020

LePaula J.

Timely, professional, clean area after job. Great service!

Description of Work
Door replacement

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

02/10/2020

Keith G.

It went very smoothly, the technician was friendly and knowledgeable. The job was complete in 30 minutes and they came within 2 hours of my first contact with them.

Description of Work
The bottom portion of our railing was separated from our wall and very loose.

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

Thanks for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate it.

01/03/2020

Alison M.

They schedule a quote and then decide they don't want to give you one. Then they stop answering when you call to find out what happened. Don't even bother with this company. Save yourself some time and call another company.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], We could not give you an estimate on drywall repair since the plumber had not cut into the walls to do some fairly extensive repairs on your plumbing. Depending on various factors, the repairs could be minimal or they could be considerable. Once the plumber finishes the repairs we can see what drywall needs to be repaired and give you a quote at that time. This was explained to you by our estimator.

11/04/2019

Carol and John B.

Didn't know it would cost an extra $1,000.00 to paint the schiff and fascia until they already started the project. Brought the cost to almost $4400.00.

Description of Work
Repair/replace Schiff and fascia.

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

08/23/2019

R C.

When the service guy came out he was great, very professional and answered all my questions. He came out on Wednesday to give an estimate, said he would email me the estimate but that if I did not get the estimate in my email by Friday to call the office. I called the office Friday and was informed it takes 7 to 10 business days to recieve an estimate. I was not aware it would take that long. She stated she would let the technician know and see if she could give it a push and it will be quicker but that ultimately it would take 7 to 10 business days. I stated I was not aware it took that long and I would not wait 7 to 10 business days and that I would go somewhere else fort what I need if I did not receive the estimate today but she really did not care. She just said ok, thank you. This tells me they do not care about the customer and/or gaining new customers. I guess they have many, many customers so losing 1 or two to bad customer service really does not mean anything to them,

Description of Work
Door replacement, new door and electrical outlets for additional room

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

[Member Name Removed], On behalf of Alamo Handyman LLC we would like to apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. We're usually known for our exceptional customer service. We regret not meeting those expectations here. We value all our customers, potential customers as well as your feedback.

08/20/2019

Tracy N.

Well great, scheduled and arrived on time, when extra time was needed worked with our schedule to arrange follow up. Guys were really nice to work with as well. Very friendly and very organized.

Description of Work
Brick column rebuilt, mount ceiling fans, mount TV into brick wall

Category decks, home theater design, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

08/15/2019

Layne G.

Work was performed fast and very professional!

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet repair

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review!

06/23/2019

Millie B.

Most of this job went well - I've used this company before with outstanding result. Most of the work was completed satisfactorily. The only reason I gave a C rating for quality is because the handyman Toby didn't tighten the green wires in the thermostat after relocating the device which caused my A/C to quit working. Without knowing the cause, thinking the outage was coincidental, I called an A/C company after hours to fix the problem once I realized the A/C was out (the A/C tech arrived as the handyman was leaving around 6 pm.). The A/C repair person ran some diagnostics, located the problem and fixed it. Also, Toby forgot to get the white spray paint for the porch rails while at the store so on his own time, he returned to the store & got the white paint. When he was finished, he informed me that he didn't use the spray paint due to our cars parked in the nearby driveway (though he could've asked me to move the cars) & instead used paint that needed to be brushed on that he had in his van though the color was off white vs. white. However, the finished rails, though not a high gloss nor the color I had wanted, still looked OK. So, he did try and make good for forgetting the paint during his initial visit to the store. He also left three pieces of equipment behind; a drill upstairs, a saw on my dryer, and another piece of equipment, all of which I rounded up and returned to him before he left. Toby was accommodating as he fixed a desk lamp (simple fix to tighten base) and attaching two pencil holders inside the secretary desk, neither of which was on the original order. Overall, I was pleased with the work he did but not happy about the thermostat and A/C issue. Dispatcher Genevieve followed up with my complaint, saying that she would've normally sent an electrician for the thermostat relocation and made sure that I was reimbursed for the A/C repair invoice upon receiving proof of this transaction . Despite this occurrence, which I consider an anomaly, I would still recommend this company and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Paint patio furniture (4 chairs, a chaise, and a small table) & porch hand rails; repair two gates, one slat of siding on tool shed, security light fixture, and desk lamp; replace dryer vent; relocate thermostat; replace vanity latch; fix latch on computer hutch; and repair secretary desk hinge & pencil holders.

Category handyman service, siding

Cost $907.78

Work Completed On 06/23/2019

06/06/2019

Judy and David B.

Juergen and his crew did an excellent job. They removed the existing kitchen cabinets, removed the moldy old wall, reenforces the structure, cut the hole in the wall, reapplied the popcorn texture, painted the wall and hung the cabinets. Everyone who sees their work find it hard to believe the wall has not been that way since the house was built - exactly the response we were looking for.

Description of Work
Wall between LR & kitchen redone

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

Review for Alamo Handyman LLC - 6735-A Low Bid Ln, San Antonio, TX - 37914526

06/05/2019

John C.

Due to price being twice that of Lowes for the cost of the stairs and the installation, we did NOT use this provider.

Description of Work
Remove & replace attic stairs

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

03/14/2019

Tracy C.

What a mess over there. I cancelled the estimate they showed up anyways told me they would send an estimate for the back door. Never heard from them. Called to get gutters repaired. They set up estimate for Monday I called to cancel as I found some one else turns out it was never scheduled even though they called me at work to get details of work that needs to be done. Some questionable behavior going on.

Description of Work
Needed gutters cleaned repaired. Dry wall repaired Need an estimate on a back door replacement

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed], We apologize for the miscommunication. We value our customers and the services we provide. Thank you, Josie

02/27/2019

Dayna B.

Great Going to hire in a few months when we get further along in the house project.

Description of Work
removed a fan, removed and replaced some lights. Added a outlet. Fix four outlets

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

Thank you for the review.

01/29/2019

John S.

Great job -- I'm happy. A leaking hot water heater in a utility closet resulted water stains on the closet walls in the garage and the surface layer of the drywall was flaking off.. Rey from Alamo Handyman showed up on time and set to work. We found the drywall didn't need to be replaced - just resurfaced, so he sprayed mildewcide then scraped all the loose drywall layers off and prepped the surface before applying mud and texture in several layers, drying the wall in between. Finally, he painted the repair to match the existing surface.

Description of Work
Repair drywall that was water damaged

Category drywall, handyman service