Alamo Discount Water Systems

Founded 2012 • With Angi since July 2012

9830 Autumn Dew

San Antonio, TX 78254

Cost is determined by the job. Family owned & operated.

09/30/2017

Nina C.

it was great. he was punctual and professional

Description of Work
I got media replaced in my water softener and net basket to catch media replaced

09/11/2017

Marsha G.

Joe seems to know his stuff. Showed me what was wrong with old. gave me all options. No pressure. My choise to buy new. Work done neatly and efficiently. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
checked over old water softener. Deemed not worth fixing. Installed new and hauled off old.

09/04/2017

Jane V.

Service was prompt and well performed. The owner was attentive and helpful. I would hire him again in a heartbeat. His prices beat the competitors.

Description of Work
New water softener.

05/23/2017

GERALD P.

This is the third system they have installed for us in 3 different houses over 15 years. Great service, professional representatives, responsive, and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Purchase and installment of a water softener system

05/10/2017

Jon P.

Jay and his helper arrived on time and performed the service. Meter was repaired but continued to leak so it was replaced at no additional charge. Tank was cleaned and resin replaced.

Description of Work
Water softener needed leak fixed on meter and replacement of resin.

03/23/2017

KEN & NILA K.

Jay Gomez arrived a half hour early and labored at the Reverse Osmosis machine, getting it out and tightened. He made sure there were no leaks and then set the timer on the water softener, explaining how it worked. He also checked our water pressure and found it was quite high and that we would need pressure adjuster installed, then explained how we could save money on its installation. He was highly proficient and efficient. I would give him the highest marks and will have him back for future needs.

Description of Work
We needed our Reverse Osmosis System adjusted and the timer set on our Water Softener.

03/06/2017

Amy J.

These guys are the real deal! I was searching many vendors for an effective and reasonably priced solution for our large family. Jay installed within days, a clack ws1 water softener/ whole house carbon filtration/ and RO. He didnt sacrifice quality one bit for the price. Top notch valve, tanks, and I watched him pour Purolite brand 10% crosslinked resin into my tank myself. Installing the RO faucet required drilling a hole in my granite, and Jay did a beautiful job for quite a bit less cost than his competition! Also, the plumbing work on the install is solid and very well done. Professional, quality, ontime, and met our budget. A+

Description of Work
Install new water softener/whole house filtration tank/reverse osmosis

07/14/2016

T J H.

Description of Work
Install water softner

03/31/2016

Marcus H.

Installation was done quickly and professionally, and at a very reasonable price. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Installed water softener plumbing and softener system.

02/18/2016

Fernando M.

After several days of researching water softener companies, I decided to call Alamo Discount Water Systems to repair or replace my 10 year old water softener. I left a message and got a return call within 5 minutes. Mr. Jay Gomez was very professional and answered all of my questions. He gave me a price and I decided to have a new system installed instead of having my old one serviced. Mr. Gomez had an opening the very next day so I made the appointment to have the work done. The next day, Mr. Gomez called about 30 minutes before our appointment to confirm and then arrived right on time. Mr. Gomez and his assistant, Sergio, worked efficiently and completed the work in a little over an hour. Mr. Gomez explained the features and how to operate the new system. They left my garage clean and mess-free. The price was as quoted and there were no surprises and he didn't try to sell or upgrade me on anything. Alamo Discount Water Systems and Mr. Jay Gomez are top-notch when it comes to honesty, quality and professionalism. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New water softener installed.

10/02/2015

George Y.

He was punctual. He and his crew did a professional job. The house was not plumbed for a water softener and so there was more work than normally putting in a soft water system. His price was more was economical and affordable.

Description of Work
Put in a water softener system and reverse osmosis system.

09/03/2015

Ruben S.

Totally professional service. From the phone call to answers to our questions, punctual show up on appt date, and delivery of services. Never asked me or pushed me to do anything else besides what we discussed. However, upon my asking, he did inform me about the additional services available. I then asked him if he could do the additional work now that he was in place, and after confirming his scheduled, he proceeded to deliver an amazing system. Upon finishing, he went over the system working and requirements in detail and to my overall satisfaction. Definitely felt he knew his business well and never attempted to take advantage of the situation whatsoever. Would rehire him again in the future without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed a new Clack WS-1 Pro-Series Meter Demand with ByPass system and a new Pressure Regulator. Also, Installed a 50 gallon/day Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System

02/25/2015

Ollie B.

He and a helper did the replacement within the same day. The new water softener seems more efficient and works very well. They removed the old unit and left the garage clean and neat.

Description of Work
Jay Gomez from Alamo Discount Water Systems evaluated our water softener system we had for nine-plus years and gave us a price for repairing it or replacing it. We chose to replace the unit.

12/30/2014

Tom W.

After installing everything, it was discovered that when the house was built in 1983, they plumbed it for the filtration system, bur failed to plumb the cold water. We wanted both the hot and cold water filtered, so Jay had another company come by and replumb the water from the street to the house so that the cold water could be included in the filtration process. This was an added cost that caught us by surprise, but it was nobody's "fault" - the mistake happened 20 years ago and since previous owners never installed a filtration system, the mistake was unknown until now. I was given the option of canceling the entire deal when the mistake was discovered, so everything was handled fairly.

Description of Work
installed a whole-house water filtration system for both hot and cold water. Added faucets outside - one in the front, one in the back yard - to use with unfiltered water. Installed an osmosis filter under the kitchen sink and added a faucet next to the existing faucet for cold bottled-water quality water use and provided a line from that to our refrigerator so that our ice and water from the refrigerator would be of the same quality.

12/22/2014

Donald D.

I thought I needed a new water softener so I started my search on Angie's List. After reading over 100 reviews from some of the top rated companies I called Alamo Discount Water Systems. I talked to Jay the owner 11-15-2014 and he said he would come out on the 17th. to check the existing system to see if it could be repaired. After Jay looked at my system he quoted me a price of $400.00 to repair it. After thinking about it I decided to get a new system over repairing a 10 year old one. Jay installed the new system and was very efficient and willing to answer any and all questions I had. I likes to know the details . I was very impressed with the service and profesionalism offered by Jay. I could be because I was dealing with a small company. As a result of this service I had Jeff return on 12-17-2014 to install a reverse osmosis system. I am very happy with all the work Jay has done for me. Should I need any further water system service I will have it done by Alamo Discount Water Systems.

Description of Work
Install new water softener and reverse osmosis System

08/06/2014

Joel K.

Small company- owner called back right away and since I knew what I wanted, he was able to install the very next day. Owner arrived on time and install was done with full explanation of the system and warranty all in under 2 hours. Price was about half of our previous Culligan system, which needed major expensive service after only 6-7 years. The whole process was very easy and I am very confident that we got the best price for the best, most reliable system. The owner also gave us a hard water test kit so if we were to ever have a problem, we could test the water. The owner answers all calls and assured us he would provide warranty service in the event we needed it, which was unlikely with the system we purchased.

Description of Work
Install new water softener

07/03/2014

Verna H.

I would say that my experience with them was very good. I am very pleased with their services. It was a good and neat job. They are reliable and that they do good work. They were very efficient. They did a good job. They did not screw around and I did not end up paying for extra charges. Their price was the not the best among the four companies that we looked at but I think we made the right choice because they gave us what we need. They were right on time.

Description of Work
I used the services of Almo Discount Water Systems.

06/02/2014

Rosalind G.

The principal, Jay Gomez, answered the phone himself and gave me a quote for the service call, instructed me how to shut off the system to prevent further leaking and damage, and was on the scene within an hour, as promised. Jay was extremely knowledgeable and efficient, and very neat and careful. He explained the proper range of pressure going in to the house and how the PRV can help avert disastrous flooding when the pressure rises in periods when it's not in use. He diagnosed the source of the leak within 10 minutes of arrival- a huge crack in the o-ring. With such a large crack and the elevated pressure, he was surprised the tank did not explode and cause worse damage. He will come back tomorrow to install the reverse osmosis system (included in the price quoted above). We will definitely call on him for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Assessed leak from Turbo Soft water softener, assessed water pressure greater than 75%, made recommendation and installed new Clack softener system and PRV, removed old equipment, explained operations and trouble shooting, and recommended reverse osmosis system for installation tomorrow.

05/27/2014

KEITH F.

The service went well. I will use this company again.

Description of Work
Changed the circuit board.

04/20/2014

Andrew U.

Jay arrived on time, earlier than planned but called ahead of time which worked out. He was very professional and was ready to go the moment he arrived. The best is he offered to work on an existing system, did not up sell me on anything, and offered prices that beat everyone locally. I wish I would have found him when I was looking to install the system initially. I'm very pleased with the services provided and would use him in the future.

Description of Work
Installed new controller valve, inspected resin and brine tank, and made corrections to brine tank assembly.

03/21/2014

Donna A.

Great. They were on time and very professional. I am so pleased with both systems.

Description of Work
Installed Water Softener System and Reverse Osmosis

12/16/2013

MIchael B.

My regular guy Chris Affeldt from 'Texas Water Systems' wouldn't return my calls (6 of them) or answer my email (3 of them). I called Jay and he was out within an hour. Very nice and very professional. Fixed my R/O system in about 30 minutes. Jay is my new 'go to' guy whenever I need service in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired my R/O system.

09/01/2013

Sandra M.

Excellent service and professional friendly staff.

Description of Work
Installed water softener

07/10/2013

Shari K.

They installed Water Softener and Osmosis System and we were very happy with their services. No complaints at all.

Description of Work
Water Softener/Osmosis System

07/23/2012

Louise D.

I am 67, a single woman and being new to San Antonio desperately needed a referral for someone safe, reliable, honest and professional to install a water softener and reverse osmosis system in the 6-yr. old home I had just bought. I called Jay Gomez because my son had used him to install a large water softener in his new home that he recently had custom built. Jay was so amiable and professional that my son suggested I call him for my water needs. Jay was totally pleasant and helpful on the phone because I had lots and lots of questions since I knew nothing about water softeners or reverse osmosis systems. He explained each in detail in a very patient and kind manner which I really appreciated. He was very upfront about his pricing and his warranties. After Jay gave me his bid, I compared prices with several other "A" rated Angie's List companies. I hired Jay to install both. He came on time, had all his equipment, did not forget anything, and installed both in a timely fashion. He wrote the exact warranty times on his invoice and advised me to call him for any questions or problems that I may ever have. Really a nice gentleman, well groomed, respectful, and extremely professional in his installation.

Description of Work
Jay Gomez owns this company and does the work himself. He installed a Clack water softener (32,000) in my garage (previously fitted for a softener by the builder, but none ever installed by previous owner) and a Pentax reverse osmosis system under the sink in my kitchen for a total of $1,445.00 for both, which included equipment and labor.

Tonys Plumbing

All plumbing done with a great price. Call for a great bid on any plumbing job. All with a great warranty. RMP 39826

BioTech Water Researchers

Since 1986, BioTech Water Researchers has been satisfying the water softening, purification, filtration, and treatment needs of thousands of happy customers. We SELL new systems and only service products that we sell & install. We only offer superior grade products backed by a professional team. We have done thousands of jobs for a reason; fair pricing, extremely high quality products, a professional team and long-term written warranties (full 5 year written warranty on service calls, labor bills, and materials, against defects caused by manufacturing or installation). We are the complete package! We proudly contribute to local charities and participate in community outreach programs. **We carry $5,000,000 in liability insurance for your security. We are proud to be a BBB Accredited Business with a 25+ Year Merit Award**. WE DO NOT INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PRODUCTS.

2022 Super Service Award

George Plumbing Co Inc

George Plumbing Company, Inc. has been proudly serving the greater San Antonio, Texas area since 1947. We specialize in residential and commercial repairs, vintage plumbing restoration and repair, kitchen and bath remodels, backflow prevention, tankless water heaters, and water treatment.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Water Softener' Iron Filters, Reverse Osmosis drinking water systems sales and service. $39.00 service calls on most makes and models