Affordable Renovation Services LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2011

We believe in providing great customer service and great quality work for an affordable price. We have over 20 years of combined experience in this type of work. We treat our customers with the up most respect, and gratitude because we believe that we make a customer for life....

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

Bathroom Remodel

+62 more images

interior painting (103)home remodeling (30)woodworking (21)flooring (17)house painting (13)tile installation (11)siding companies (9)cabinet refacing (8)countertop installation (8)marble & granite (6)hardwood floors (6)decks & porches (4)

02/11/2022

susan G.

We recently hired Affordable Renovation Services to install a door in an upstairs closet to gain access to attic space over the garage. It was somewhat complicated because duct work had to be moved, and steps installed to get from the upstairs closet to the attic floor which was lower than the closet. From the beginning it was a pleasure working with the company. Communication was excellent during the entire project. I left a message and received a call back the same day to set an appointment for an estimate on the project. The Field Manager showed up on the scheduled day, and was even a few minutes early. I received a very detailed estimate the following day. After deciding to go with this company, a start date was set and the project was completed ahead of schedule. During the whole process I was in constant communication with the Field Manager who kept me updated on when he and/or sub-contractors would arrive, etc. The job was done perfectly, and I will not hesitate to contact them again for any future projects I would like completed.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Work Completed On 02/15/2022

It’s a pleasure to hear positive words from our customer! We strive to do our best and provide excellent customer service. Thank You again for the positive review! Affordable Renovation Services

12/30/2021

Laurie B.

very easy to work with. They remodeled my shower area just as I imagined and at a very reasonable price. Subcontractors were all excellent.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

10/08/2021

Dave W.

Exceptional tile installation for a fireplace renovation by Affordable Renovation Services LLC. Anthony and his team performed the tile installation that was amazing! Our neighbors and even the fireplace contractor commented on the tile installation. Highly recommend them for future renovations.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/09/2021

Thanks for the positive review, it means so much to us! Hope to be able to work for great clients again in the future!

03/09/2021

Timothy H.

Anthony and his crew did a great job on our attic remodeling. He was very affordable and professional. Anthony personally ensured that the work was performed to our satisfaction and his crew was courteous and highly skilled. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

It's great to hear positive review from past clients, we are honored to do work for amazing people!

10/16/2020

ANA S.

Marcus was very efficient and professional. We got everything we asked for. The workers that did the remodel, were all very good and trusting while I left the house to run errands. They did an amazing job.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & bathroom

Category custom cabinets, countertops, decks, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, siding, home remodeling, house painters, doors, patios

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 38955736

We appreciate the positive review, we are glad we could make our clients vision come true. Her selections for the renovation were very well put together and make her home look beautiful. We are thankful to have been selected as her General Contractor!

07/09/2020

Hector M.

I needed an estimate for home improvement

Description of Work
The company reached out to us and we scheduled an appointment. I left work early and they did not show up. There was no phone call or any type of communication. As of today they still have not reach out to us. That is poor customer service. This is the first time using Angie’s List and I have to say that I am not impressed. I thought this app had reliable services. Very sad.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

We sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding, our estimator should have called to say he couldn’t make it, after getting sick. Please accept our apologies...

06/20/2020

Bob R.

Professional in every aspect of the build. Finished the job early.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

It was our pleasure to do this project. The homeowners were so nice, and hands on. Thank you for selecting us to do your project.

06/05/2020

Tracy D.

They were prompt and professional; very easy to work with. They followed up and made sure I was satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General: They added a small roof over my entryway, finished a pergola, and sealed exterior doors

Category awnings, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

It’s always great to hear positive feedback from our customers. We are grateful to have great clients

05/25/2020

Kay D.

Fantastic experience. Most professional and knowledgeable of all the quotes we received and the project came out beautifully. Very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Bath Remodeling

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 38618010

We are always grateful and humbled, to hear our customers are pleased with our work. Thank You for the positive review.

04/30/2020

Robert H.

Excellent and done ahead of schedule. The 19 x 13 room plus replacing carpet in 2 rooms and adding shelves in new room. Total time 4 weeks and 2 days. It all looks great and I know I can always call if any situation arises. Anthony is very reliable.

Description of Work
Room addition on 2nd floor

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

This is one of our most loyal and kind customers. We've done several projects, and are honored to work for this loving couple. Thank You for the great review!

04/10/2020

Evelyn P.

Very well, I have used Affordable before and will use them again without a doubt.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets doors replaced and some of the cabinets were repaired, also replaced kitchen door.

Category woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

It's great hear positive feedback from our most loyal customers!

12/24/2019

Mr. S.

Went very well. Very satisfied with the quality and timeliness of work performed. This is the second project we have used them for.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

This is an awesome customer, we did another project prior to this one. Thank you for the positive review, we are glad to hear we could help you on this project.

10/09/2019

Milly B.

Excellent work. Attention to detail.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category replacement windows, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

Thank You for the positive review! It was nice working with you.

09/06/2019

Jeana O.

Excellent work performed to replace a door with a window, repair the surrounding stucco, and finish and paint the insid. They also repacked a second door. Very responsive, timely, and concerned with customer satisfaction. We will happily use them again.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

Thank You for the positive review, we are glad to hear, you all are happy with our workmanship. We look forward to servicing you all again in the future.

08/06/2019

Joel S.

Marcus always kept us up to date on project status and hired proficient, professional, clean and friendly crews. It was a real pleasure to work with him and will hire him on upcoming projects.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior renovation including large window and front door installation with demo and masonry reconstruction on the exterior and trim carpentry on the interior. Additionally, construction and installation of cedar gable treatments.

Category drywall, masonry, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 38028959

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are always happy to hear from our clients. This home was beautiful to start with, now it stands out with the new exterior finishes. Glad to be a part of it.

07/15/2019

Sandra L.

We are so happy with the results and the project manager, Marcus, was the best. He has gone beyond what was required and guided us every step of the way. We are going to do our 2nd bath soon. We will hire from this company for anything we do from now on. Also, A+ to Amaris for her expertise in choosing the design and coordination of materials we used. All around a truly wonderful experience.

Description of Work
Complete master bath remodel with walk in shower. As shower was completed, we decided to add granite countertops with new sinks and hardware.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

We are honored to have clients who truly appreciate our work. Reading positive reviews is always great! We value our clients and are grateful to them, for allowing us an opportunity to make their project a reality. Thank you all !

05/21/2019

Alesa A.

Great Service! Marcus was knowledgeable and it was apparent that he knew his craft. He was onsite generally once or twice each day to check the work and its progress and communicated every step of the way. All workers were professional and considerate, always on time and respectful of our situation. Highly recommend..

Description of Work
Tub to Shower Conversion

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Thank you for the great review. We are always pleased to hear from our clients. It’s always our pleasure to help out clients make their projects a reality.

03/19/2019

John S.

We chose Affordable Renovation Services to perform a partial remodel of our kitchen and couldn't be more pleased with the services provided. From the start of the project Marcus Armstrong was quick to respond, from working out our budget to finding solutions to the little snags I would imagine almost always pop up with a remodeling project. They converted our multi-level island into a single level, replaced our old double bowl top mount sink with a large single bowl undermount version. We also had them mount a convertible range hood vent following replacement of an old down draft cooktop. When we purchased the hood, our initial plan was to use it as ductless system but during the installation process it became evident that due to our existing cabinet structure, we really needed to have it installed with the duct routed through the wall instead. ARS did a great job of keeping us informed of the changes that needed to be made along the way and we couldn't be happier with the end result. Would definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling project

Category countertops, electrician, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/14/2019

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 37819484

Thank You for the awesome review! Our clients are so important to us, and we value their thoughts about our company. We are always glad to hear we’ve made a happy customer.

02/20/2019

Lynn M.

I chose ARS out of 6 candidates for my bathroom remodeling project because of Marcus Armstrong. When I explained what I wanted done Marcus was the only contractor who said my particular request to have a walk-in shower was possible and gave me some ideas/choices. And what really determined my decision was the bathtub part of the project. I was leaning towards just leaving it as is, until he came up ideas to help me decide. Marcus's ability to visualize possibilities and provide me with great choices is such a necessary talent which I relied on heavily throughout the entire project and is just ONE of his many great qualities. I always felt that he was fully invested in making my renovation a great experience (and restores my damaged, by horrible experiences, faith in hiring contractors) and like it was his only project. So the professionalism is another high quality trait that is greatly appreciated. I could write a book on all the great qualities Marcus/ARS has, but aside from what I've already listed a few more important traits for a contractor to have is integrity, dependability, and honor. You will pay more going through a renovation specialist, but it's worth it because they deal with all the headaches of hiring and management of all the specific contractors needed to accomplish specific tasks. And ARS does so while providing a guarantee that all work will be completed with high quality standards even when the project is complete I know if something fails to work properly or for instance cracks in the grout are forming that Marcus will get it fixed even though my project is completed. That is also worth the extra you are paying for. There is so much more positive things I could write about these guys so I end this with a glowing recommendation for ARS and my next project of renovating my kitchen & living room will definitely be done by ARS.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 37722816

It was our pleasure to help our clients with their project! We are appreciative and honored to have been chosen for this project. It’s always great to hear such positive feedback from our clients, we look forward to helping them again in the future!

02/16/2019

Jonathon Z.

ARS was professional and knowledgeable. Very receptive to my questions. Will absolutely use them again for all of my future projects!

Description of Work
remodeled bathroom and installed new garage doors

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

It was a pleasure doing work for this client! He was patient when the tile took a few days to come in. We are always pleased to hear what our clients have to say about us.

02/08/2019

Eric S.

Did not end up contracting with them - had a quote from a company we had used before that was less expensive and more comprehensive. However, Marcus was professional and spent time to understand what we required.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Category siding

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

01/29/2019

Sandy C.

Affordable Renovation Svcs. llc. in San Antonio ABANDONED OUR JOB! After unsatisfactory work on our bathroom remodel, they decided it wasn't worth their effort to finish. Per the owner, "We've exhausted all our efforts at this point. The guys tell us one and do another, they are being uncooperative and we are having trouble getting a hold of them." My yard is a mess and we are left trying to find subs to finish our job. Plumber put NO MUD under our tub then lied about it, reversed the cartridge in our shower valve, cracked our tile and that's just the tip of the iceberg. New slab was poured uneven with existing so now our floor slants so badly we can't put a cabinet on it unless we want to shave down the back legs. We asked that no heavy equipment be used on our driveway. We have video of their bobcat driving on it. We were left with no ac/heat in our new ducts. The list is quite extensive. Bottom line, this company was extremely unprofessional, non-skilled and unethical...in addition to running 2 months past the due date. Owner ceased contact when he no longer wanted to be responsible for his work.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category contractors, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

Review for Affordable Renovation Services LLC - 1777 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX - 37685484