Ace Piano Tuning

Founded 1983 • With Angi since March 2012

Piano Tuning
Music Instruction

Complete piano services including tuning, regulation and repair. We can repair sticking keys, broken keys and hammers. We replace old ivories with new keytops. We replace damper felts. Reface hammers. Adjust pedals and much more....

05/01/2017

They never contacted me. Poor responsiveness.

Description of Work
Piano tuning.

06/06/2016

Excellent service. Very professional and knowledgeable. He will return at no charge if you are not satisfied. We'll definitely call Ace for every tuning.

Description of Work
Tuned our baby grand piano. Excellent service.

02/04/2016

I moved here one year ago and needed piano tuned after move. I was able to get an appointment quickly and he arrived on time. The appointment lasted one hour just as he had said. It was very enjoyable to have piano tuned for the Christmas season. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Steve tuned my piano.

02/02/2016

Steve was great. Punctual and gave me several options for the pitch change. I would recommend him, for sure. Awesome.

Description of Work
Performed a pitch change and piano tuning.

12/29/2015

Steve was excellent. He explained exactly what needed to be done and why. The results were as expected. No complaints at all. Would definitely recommend Steve and will use his again.

Description of Work
Adjusted the regulation and tuned the piano

10/23/2015

I recently moved my Mother's baby grand piano into my new home in San Antonio. While I had it professionally moved, it clearly needed some TLC and tuning. Mr. Nichols arrived on time and prepared to work. He clearly knows exactly what he is doing and had disassembled my piano in no time. He was happy to answer any questions I had, and he shared key information with me for my records like Serial Number and Model. He explained and then performed a couple of 'extra' steps in order to alleviate 2 keys that were sticking slightly for a modest sum, and polishing up some of the brass fittings. He also suggested several subsequent actions for a later date including a full cleaning. Overall, I was very happy and intend to use Mr. Nichols again on a routine basis. Well Done.

Description of Work
Tune baby grand piano

10/07/2015

Mr. Nichols was extremely prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, and very kind. Would use him every time.

Description of Work
Basic piano tuning.

09/22/2015

Mr. Nichols responded to my inquiry very quickly. After setting the appointment date and time Mr.Nichols sent me a reminder the day before, which was great, as I don't always look at my calendar. He arrived at set time and tuned both pianos. I had some questions which he answered to my satisfaction and he didn't mind the crew of cats watching him!!! I will certainly call Ace Piano Tuning next year at this time for a yearly tuning and I would recommend them to anyone with a piano.

Description of Work
Tuned two pianos.

09/09/2015

Steve was on time and did a good job with the tuning. He was able to identify the root cause of a sticking key (a loose pin) that other tuners had not been able to definitively fix. He showed class in speaking well of the other tuners as respected colleagues. His prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
Tuned piano and fixed sticking key

09/09/2015

He is very friendly and although was running late he called to let me know that he was.

Description of Work
Steve tuned our Baby Grand, did some cleaning and removed the keyboard to tighten a loose part that was affecting the guilty of the sound.

Category piano tuning

Tuning, regulating & repair.