A Plus Drywall Repair Specialities

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 2013

122 Luna Circle

Royse City, TX 75189

A Plus Drywall Repair Specialities has been in business since 1980. We pride ourselves with a record of one hundred precent satisfaction to date. Our primary business and specialty is sheetrock repair, commercial and residential. A Plus Drywall Repair Specialities also offer a wide variety of general contracting tasks creating a simplified working one stop shop kind of relationship. A Plus Drywall Repair Specialties offers a wide variety services including interior and exterior projects or repairs. If you can think it we can do it. If it is not in our range of expertise we will be honest with you and refer the right people....

02/29/2016

Subbu R.

Estimates were expensive. Chose to go with another provider.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for drywall repair, baseboard install and painting.

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

12/31/2015

Daniel C.

We ended up patching our ceiling ourselves because it was a small job.

Description of Work
We asked for an estimate for the cost of repairing a hole in the corner of our ceiling.

12/07/2015

Chad F.

The vendor was prompt at the specified time. The work was done professionally and didn't leave until I was happy. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
the provider came in and sanded down the front doors frame inside and outside, painted and caulked.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

10/19/2015

Mary C.

We used this company to repair the cracks in our drywall after we had our foundation repaired. The repair work went very well and was performed professionally. Our furniture & carpet was covered with plastic while the work was performed, pictures were removed from the walls. There was a little miscommunication before the appointment but nothing major to the point where I wouldn't have used the company or wouldn't refer the company. This is a one-man show and he seems to be quite busy but just doesn't seem to manage his time well. Can't complain about the work that was done.

Description of Work
Cracked drywall repair

06/12/2015

Cinda R.

Oh my! What a fabulous job Phil Wardell and Martha did!! You cannot tell there was ever a hole in my hall ceiling. (Husband put a leg through it when he slipped in the attic). I called yesterday, expecting at least a week or two out on service but, nope - he came the next day with a call before, something I deeply appreciate. Protection and then clean-up left the area immaculate. The price was very reasonable. We will be definitely having Phil back for other projects very soon. So relieved and happy with A-Plus' work! Highest rec. A note: I had called a well known and highly rated painting company and they scheduled me way into late June/July. A few other calls had the same 2-3 weeks out issue because of the storms. And since my job was small, I didn't get a lot of enthusiasm. Finally, I looked under Handyman and A-Plus came up. Called and boom, job is now done. My point is, don't be afraid of the smaller companies. I've learned that they are the ones that appreciate getting a job, even a small one. Now, Phil is #1 on our go-to list.

Description of Work
Repaired and finished ceiling hole.

Category drywall, handyman service

Thank you for great review! Great customer!

05/14/2015

Glenda R.

My front brick gable was sagging due to poor original craftsmanship/too great a span. Phil evaluated the options and suggested adding an additional brick support column. That was something I hadn't even considered, but certainly a classier treatment than I'd anticipated. The man was amazingly patient through my paranoia that the column would stand out in comparison to the original brick. Phil is so professional; he carefully measured and took pictures. He had his brick guy come out so that the correct brick could be ordered. The brick took about a week to come in and still the project was completed within about 3 weeks of my first contact. The actual job was done in 2 days! Six months later you can barely see a difference between that column and the rest of the brick. The brick gable is well-supported. I'm not much of one to do the online reviews, which is the reason for the delayed endorsement. I'm here today because I was looking up the number to contact for a new issue. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Built a 2nd brick column on our front porch

Category handyman service

02/11/2015

Russell H.

He responded timely to all requests and timely started and completed the job.

Description of Work
Installed fascia and soffit boards and painted to match. Removed sun room walls and roof and installed new gutters. Replaced sheetrock on the inside walls and painted to match.

Category drywall, interior painters

That you, for the review. I enjoyed doing your project.

12/30/2014

Linda K.

He was professional and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Build a closet for refrigerator in garage. Redid shelves in garage.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

Thank you [removed member name] for the review!

12/23/2014

Barbara A.

He spent several hours redoing a damaged ceiling in a bathroom. Previously, a plumbing repair person had fallen through the ceiling. The plumbing company hired a handyman to repair the ceiling, but the job was poorly done. We decided to hire a professional drywall person recommended on Angie's list to redo the ceiling. Phil totally restored the ceiling to its previous condition - including texturing and painting it to match. He also touched up some other areas in the bathroom and repaired the ceiling in our attic. He also cleaned up all the areas he worked in.

Description of Work
Phil repaired a poorly done drywall repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Thank you Mr. and Mrs [member name removed] for the review. If you need anything else i hope to hear from you.

11/14/2014

Joseph H.

We had a problem with a part of the ceiling drooping down in the living room. Phil cut a hole in the ceiling and we could see that the 2 by 12 support beam had cracked, due to a large knot on the bottom edge. It was obvious that the builder had tried to repair it but they didn't do a good job. Phil cut a large hole the length of the beam, cut the many 2 X 4s tied to the beam, and supported the existing beam with a couple of 4 X4s and bottle jacks. He trimmed the 2 X 4s so that we could slide a new 2 X 12 alongside the broken one. He tied the new beam in with the old, added another short section of 2 X 12 straddling the broken area, and tied the 2 X 4s back into the new 2 X 12. He put up about 60 square feet of new drywall on the ceiling, taped and bedded it, then sprayed acoustic over it all. He also taped, bedded, and textured a 4 foot crack in another part of the ceiling. I'm pretty good at spotting a repair but I literally could not tell where the crack had been, and he matched the acoustic so well that you can't see where the repaired sections are. The original ceiling had not been painted and he knew what material to use so that it matched perfectly. Phil is a perfectionist that takes pride in doing a job well and he tolerated me observing him the whole time (I wanted to learn more about the process).

Description of Work
Repaired a broken beam in a living room ceiling, replaced drywall and patched acoustic ceiling

Category drywall

Thank you for the great review. Looking forward to dinner next job for you.

08/28/2014

Kris F.

We received an estimate from this company and decided to move forward and get the work completed. The company said it would be 4-6 weeks before they could start. 8 weeks went by and we heard nothing from the provider. We contacted them and they said we were still on their list to do the work. 8 more weeks have now gone by and no contact. Not a good experience, would not recommend.

Description of Work
Skim coat walls and ceilings

06/21/2014

Michelle W.

See attached.

Description of Work
See attached.

05/28/2014

DONNA P.

As usual, perfection is this company's motto. Was able to re-establish light in ceiling above fireplace to center, replace drywall and paint. Light is no longer "off center" as installed by builder and is no longer an eye sore to the owner (me)!

Description of Work
Moved light in ceiling above fireplace and repaired drywall.

05/27/2014

DONNA P.

Job done to perfection, cannot tell that it was not original work.

Description of Work
Demo of fireplace surround due to damage, replaced, refinished and painted wall prior to installing new fireplace surround.

Category drywall, handyman service, fireplaces, interior painters

01/08/2014

DONNA P.

I am from California (San Diego) and am a new transplant to Texas. I have yet to find something this man cannot do when asked or if he sees a need. This project began back in November of 2013, when I asked for a bid on a fireplace surround. I had many projects in mind, but many more that God gave me! Though the surround was the only project I had in mind for Phil, I couldn't have accomplished everything without Phil's generosity and helpful attitude. He helped me with the moving company that arrived from San Diego with all of my "things". He was here when the granite company installed the new kitchen granite and partial fireplace surround. He was here with moral support during the "freezing rain" and subsequent power outage and gave me valuable advice on what to do until the power was returned to normal (I had no idea what "freezing rain" was, let alone know what to expect!). He has installed new electrical circuitry for televisions in 3 separate rooms. He has helped in the installation of my phone and computer. I could go on and on, however I do want to try and stay on the finished product, the fireplace surround. He found a surround online (on his phone) and we both agreed that it would be perfect. He drew up plans, took me with him to the lumber yard and purchased the lumber. He went to his shop and worked on the project. He and a partner installed the fireplace surround but it still needed to be stained. We agreed to take a bit of time off during Christmas to celebrate Our King. I took ill with a cold, and then New Years. He had busied himself (thankfully) with other projects and was able to start back to work on mine today. What a beauty! It is perfection! The stain will take overnight and then the finish will need to be applied but I am thrilled! Please call Phil with any of your projects! He is fair on his pricing and his work is absolutely God honored! I was blessed by being given Phil's phone number as a referral and I hope that this referral will be a blessing to you!

Description of Work
Built a fireplace surround to specification from photo.

Category electrician, handyman service, fireplaces

Sevillas Painting

in Sevilla's painting we do more than just painting we do remodeling, power-wash ,demolition ,fence making, toilet repairs, deck makers, drywall installation, door installation, my focus is to connect with my client and do a good job so that they can be happy

Phillips Home Improvements

18 MONTHS FINANCING AVAILABLE - NO INTEREST - NO PAYMENTS (Request Quote for details) Over 25 Years Family Owned and Operated in North Texas! Voted TOP 10 in Texas 2021 by Qualified Remodeler and Guild Quality for Customer Satisfaction. Call Today. Free Estimate. Free In-Home Consultation. Our Project Consultants will love to show you the difference that Phillips truly makes on your needed home improvements. Financing is available. We Thank You for choosing our services!

Offers by Phillips Home Improvements on Angi
    Five Star Painting of Dallas

Locally owned and operated by Josh Christensen, Five Star Painting in Dallas is dedicated to providing painting services that exceed expectations. Our primary focus is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the quality of our work, which is why we thoroughly train all of our painting contractors. You can rest assured that our painters are skilled, knowledgeable, and respectful. Five star quality without the five star price. Additional phone - (214) 447-7005. Book your appointment online by clicking on our website!

Offers by Five Star Painting of Dallas on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

We specialize in all general remodeling projects including Kitchen, Baths, Room additions, moving/adding walls, painting, fences, decks, and general repairs.