POPE PLUMBING INC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2009

4.1

3205 MAIN ST

Rowlett, TX 75088

LICENSE # M-36071 We are there when you need us, ready to take care of any problem that you may have with your plumbing systems. We know your time is valuable. That is why when you call, we will arrive when you need us with a skilled service technician and a well stocked truck ready to troubleshoot, and repair your plumbing problem on the spot. We are dedicated to servicing your plumbing needs with the professionalism you deserve....

11/29/2017

Kyra H.

I messaged them over the weekend and they called first thing Monday morning to set up a time. The plumber was very courteous and explained exactly what was wrong and what he needed to do. I have a broken pipe in the yard and they will need to come back and dig it up. He was able to clean out the roots so that I can wait a little longer for repair work.

Description of Work
I had water backing up into the house. They came out and diagnosed the problem quickly. They were able to temporarily fix the problem, but it is going to be a large job that I need done at a later date.

06/09/2017

Michael G.

After some miscommunication on when they would arrive, Jason was awesome! He completed the job in no time and made sure everything worked properly.

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 exterior faucets.

01/18/2017

George & Margie B.

Jason came out and, after testing a few things, called the Noritz customer service number. He was on the phone with them for over 30 minutes, trouble-shooting. Together they diagnosed and fixed the problem. I was very grateful for Jason's persistence, and couldn't believe that it was actually fixed after years of malfunction. It works perfectly now.

Description of Work
Our tankless water heater had never worked properly. Several plumbers were unable to figure out why. They tried a few things and nothing worked.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

03/06/2014

Kurt M.

Hired these guys in 2006 to fix a leak on the main line into my home. Just spent another $900.00 for a real plumber to fix Pope's repair. It turns out, the Pope Plumbing repair was accomplished with plastic fittings and hose clamps.....Plastic fittings and hose clamps are for temporary repairs and sprinkler systems not the main plumbing in to your house. Unbelievable that any plumber would think plastic and hose fittings is going to last for any amount of time buried in the ground. The real plumber that I hired said he was surprised it had lasted this long. Of course the Pope plumber knew his work was crap, he just didn't care. Cheap, below code, half-a**ed work just like you would expect from an idiot plumber that doesn't want to be a plumber. If you hire these losers, you get what you deserve.

Description of Work
Poor, below code, cheap, we-don't give a d , repairs.

12/07/2013

Elaine C.

Original call to plumber was for 3 external faucets on house were leaking at the handle, and one external faucet in the yard not working, city water but low water pressure. The1st plumber came out showed me the nuts that needed to be tightened on house faucet to stop leaking, took picture of external faucet because he hadn't seen one before. He then tells me the routine visit cost is $185 and was sorry he had to charge me that much to tighten the nuts, but if I brought an annual service plan for $300+, services would be at more of a discount. I paid for the service, not the plan, believing they would return to finish the work and apply the $185 to future work. Eleven days pass without hearing from the company. I called to ask what had been determined about the external faucet. The original plumber calls me to explain his boss hadn't had chance to review the pictures he took. I became angry and went to the office to complain. I spoke to Jordan, the owner's son, and explained the situation. One of the things that he said was that before services were performed, I was supposed to have been given an estimate and agree to the work, which didn't happen. He offered to look at the faucet and give me an estimate, to include credit from the original visit, and discount services. Jordan came out to see faucet, left voice message about cost being $385 and he was going to order the part he needed and be back the following Thursday. I called the office on the Tues and Wed before the day of service to obtain explanation of estimated costs, what was included and final potential cost. Jordan called the morning of Thursday in a rush to get the job done because of the weather coming, and explained the $185 had been put toward parts, the current work would be $320, but with a 10% discount due to my trouble with their services. I told him that I didn't have $300 for this repair so close to Christmas, and he assured me the repair was not close to $300. I agreed to the work since he insisted it would be significantly less than $300. Work was completed. I called the office on Thursday to settle accounts. I was told the bill was $292. I told the receptionist that I had been told it would be significantly less than $300, but $292 was only $8 off, and I never would've agreed to that so close to Christmas. I told her I had said that to Jordan when he told me the original cost. I will pay the bill, but not all at once since I don't have the money for that.

Description of Work
Tightened faucet screws to prevent leaking. Changed faucet on external free standing water outlet.

02/13/2013

Lauren E.

This company was who my foundation repair company set up our leak test with. They were scheduled to do a leak assessment on 1/29/13 at 10 am. At 10:45 I called to get an arrival estimate. The girl answering the phone was nice and apologetic saying that the rain that morning had delayed the plumber's first stop and said she couldn't give me an estimate. I called again at 11:30 to see if anyone was on their way - again she couldn't give me an estimate, only that the plumber was almost done with his first job. At no time did anyone contact me. I told her that I'd have to reschedule because I needed to get to work. We rescheduled for the first appointment on Friday, 2/1/13 between 8 and 8:30. By 9 am, no one had arrived or called. At 9:20 I got a call from the company asking me to spell my street name because the plumber's GPS sent him to a different area. (Incidently, I read some other reviews where this was the excuse for them being late too.) They finally showed around 9:45. After conducting the leak test, the plumber told me that I had a sewer line leak and it would be $550 to localize it. I thought this was very expensive and knew I didn't want to work with them further. The next company I called said they charged $135 for the first 1.5 hours to localize the leak and the price could go up depending on how much time they spent. This second company were also on time and called me several times to let me know they were on their way. They also - and this is the big one - did NOT find a leak! Imagine that. I'm not surprised that Pope did not diagnose the leak correctly or blatantly made up a leak to earn some money. I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
Leak test after foundation repair.

09/24/2012

Sveta R.

We had a stoppage in the master bathroom drain after remodeling. Pope Plumbing used a camera and found construction debris in pipes, apparently left by remodeling company. They had to push it down to the city drain line. They also fixed some defects that connect a toilet to a water line. Service men were polite, professional and did a good job.

Description of Work
Stoppage in a master bathroom after remodeling

Category sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

07/25/2012

Talia C.

I'll say that the end product was good and the plummer seemed to know what he was doing and was really nice. The problem is that it took three trips; they brought the wrong size heater the first install even though they measured. The other problem is the business office is terrible, rude, and unresponsive.

Description of Work
We had them come out to fix a water heater through our home warranty.

Category water heater repair

07/11/2012

William Y.

At the suggestion of a foundation repair consultant I needed to check for slab leaks. He was pretty sure I had one. I hired Pope Plumbing as they had the equipment to do so and I had used them before. They sent a two man crew out to do a pressure test and could show me the leak in the video monitor. Turned out I had leaks in two areas under the slab where the old cast iron sewer lines were breaking down. They cut through the slab in my laundry area to get to one leak then tunneled from the outside to reach the other leak. Both leaks were in the outgoing sewer lines and they replace all lines they could reach with new PVC. It wasn't cheap, such repairs never are, but Pope Plumbing did a fine job.

Description of Work
Detected and repaired slab leaks under my slab foundation.

07/11/2012

CINDY E.

The jobs varied in cost. A flat rate for the call, then Labor and parts if they supplied them.

Description of Work
They replaced a bathroom sink and faucet. Repaired Washing machine drain leak and increased drain capacity for new washing machine output. Repaired leaking Hot water to Tub/ Shower in bathroom recently and replaced outside water taps due to age and leaking.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Legacy Plumbing

Family owned and operated with over 20 years of experience, Legacy Plumbing is here to take care of all your plumbing needs. We are fully licensed and insured. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your plumbing contractor and Legacy Plumbing always go the extra mile to ensure our customers’ satisfaction. Along with years of experience, our clean and professional technicians offer a full range of services that are customized to fit your specific plumbing requirements. Legacy Plumbing is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Legacy Plumbing wins multiple awards annually, including Small Business of the Year, presented by the Frisco Chamber of Commerce. In addition, we are a 4th-year award recipient for Best of Business in Frisco Style Magazine, Reader's Choice Winner for Plumbing in multiple publications, and was awarded the Best Emerging New Business for the Collin County Celebration of Enterprise Awards. Legacy Plumbing is also a proud accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with a rating of A Plus and a member of the Frisco Chamber of Commerce. Our Promise: We only hire skilled licensed professionals. We will show up on time. You will always know the price before we start. We will leave the area cleaner than we found it. Be sure to check out our website for more information.

Offers by Legacy Plumbing on Angi
    Atlas Plumbing Company

****** Please know that Atlas Plumbing Company is doing everything possible to protect our customers and our employees from the risk of the Covid-19 Virus.****** Atlas is a family owned and operated company, was established in 1932 and owned since 1967 by Sonny and Carolyn Friedman. Their son, Ben, is also an integral part of the organization and sits on the State Board of Plumbing Examiners, the State's Regulatory agency. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations by providing fast and efficient service. Our technicians are true "Professionals", many who have been with Atlas for over 30 years. They are licensed and highly trained in their craft... and in customer relations. They speak "YOUR" language. Our customers will always be the most important people in our business. You will love doing business with Atlas Plumbing Co. Our commitment to you is to provide excellent service and quality products faster, at affordable rates, and take the time to clean up before we leave. As consummate professionals, we take pride in everything we do. We are very proud of our A rating with Angie's List and have received Angie's "Super Service Award" for nine years in a row. You will love doing business with Atlas Plumbing Co.

Offers by Atlas Plumbing Company on Angi
    Sunrise Plumbing LLC

Ask us about our Sunrise Prime Membership and all the benefits that are included!!!! Our Vision “Is to build a Home Services Company that has a Positive Influence on the Lives of our Team and Customers” Our Mission “We believe in living our lives with a positive mindset. Focused on our Core Values and setting THE NEW STANDARD in Home Services everyday” Core Values Lead-Where you are with Character. Professional. Check the Ego. Empathy. The way you do anything is the way you do everything. Do what you say you’re going to do. Believe-In the influence you have and the impact you make. We move forward and accomplish the mission together as a team. Win-Team Wins. Customer Wins. Company Wins. Have a Winning mindset. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee “If we fail to deliver The New Standard of service we are known for, we will do whatever it takes to make it right. PERIOD.” Mitchell Salas Responsible Master Plumber #41201 Regulated by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners PO BOX 4200 Austin TX 78765-4200

Offers by Sunrise Plumbing LLC on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

PLUMBING, SEWER & DRAIN SERVICES.