The Washer and Dryer Guy, LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since September 2013

200 University Blvd

Round Rock, TX 78665

The Washer and Dryer Guy is your best choice for honest, reliable and on time appliance repair. Locally owned and operated right here in Round Rock. Licensed and Insured. I have been an appliance repair technician for over 15 years. I work closely with local parts vendors, doing so allows me to

li W.
10/10/2018
Very knowledgeable and able to figure out the problem quickly. Awesome guy to deal with, highly recommended.
Description of Work
Washeris not working error code
Kimberly G.
09/18/2017
Went great! Nick was on time, very professional and knowledgeable. I would absolutely recommend him and use him again.
Description of Work
I needed to see if our washer was worth repairing or if we should purchase a new one.
Stuart O.
08/18/2017
He did a fine job.
Description of Work
He repaired a washing machine.
Jennifer M.
01/29/2017
Nick was willing to work with my schedule, which was pretty important to me! He was exactly on time and guided me through everything he was doing to the dryer. However, the dryer had more than the expected problems, but Nick did not try to haggle me into spending more money to fix an older dryer vs. buying a new one. Even though I declined to spend the money to repair the dryer, Nick kindly stayed and cleaned up all of the lint around my dryer and washing machine. He also gave me the name of a company to clean out my vents as he thought that was part of the problem with my dryer. I would highly recommend him and his company if you ever find yourself with a dead washer or dryer!
Description of Work
My dryer had begun to stop heating and after several tries at remedying it myself, I figured it was time to call in a professional.
Ronald P.
05/02/2016
He was prompt, honest, complete and I think he is very reliable.
Description of Work
Identified the issue with washing machine. Part that was not working is no longer being made anymore. So he could not buy the part to fix it.
Linda E.
02/05/2016
Nick arrived during appointment time slot, was pleasant, and knew what he was doing. He immediately diagnosed the washing machine problem and had the correct replacement part in his van. I asked him if he could vacuum the dryer hose, which he did, and then he asked me if he could replace the hose from the back of the dryer to the vent. He said the type of hose I had (19 years old) was flammable and was no longer used. At every step, he told me what the charge would be before proceeding and gave me a senior discount on the labor charges. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Description of Work
Replaced broken part in washing machine, installed new hoses between washing machine and water connection, vacuumed lint from dryer exhaust and replaced worn dryer hose.
Jamey J.
01/22/2016
Lori P.
12/08/2015
Description of Work
Checked my washing machine and confirmed the transmission seized and both washer and dryer needed replacing. Thorough, friendly. Gave recommendations for brand and type of washer/dryer to buy. Will hire to service new machines.
Eric V.
10/19/2015
I was extremely happy with the service that Nick provided. He identified the problem and prevented an additional problem down the road. He is friendly, reliable, and trustworthy and I highly recommend him.
Description of Work
My dryer was not drying efficiently. Nick came out and identified the problem - a birds nest in the dryer vent. Because of the lack of venting the internal workings of the dryer had to be replaced. He did that and came out at a later date to replace the dryer vent with one that matched our house.
BOB AND VANESSA L.
09/28/2015
Nick asked for a two-hour window for service to begin. He was at our door ten minutes into the window. He charges per visit, not per hour, and took about 90 minutes to perform the job. In a phone conversation prior to his visit, Nick provided my wife and me with his experience with several different brands. Our old dryer was creating a loud screeching noise, and he knew this brand was notorious for key parts wearing out prematurely. (Our dryer was nine years old.) He recommended several replacement brands for their durabiiity. Our online research after that conversation verified his remarks. Another person might have been tempted to recommend a repair, knowing that it would be expensive and wouldn't extend the dryer's life that much. Nick simply gave us the benefit of his experience and left the decision up to us.
Description of Work
Installed venting system (including a side vent alteration) for a new dryer
Jessica D M.
09/21/2015
Trisha L.
08/18/2015
Description of Work
I called Nick to look at a dryer that was dying. He gave me his honest assessment and told me he didn't think it was worth fixing (it was 20 years old) because of the cost of the parts. He was very professional, most helpful, and even recommended a company to replace a dryer vent. I'd definitely recommend him.
David J.
06/22/2015
Description of Work
Oddly, he discovered my dryer problem was merely our not pushing the "start" button hard enough even though it certainly wasn't apparent to us that we weren't pushing it quite hard. It's fair enough that he charged us anyway, but I would have graded him up had he realized that his effort was minimal. To his credit, he said he'd apply our charge to further service of this dryer.
James B.
06/12/2015
The reason I'm writing a review (my first) is that both my husband and I were so impressed by his demeanor and professionalism. He was thorough in explaining why and what he was doing and recommended various products (not sold by him) to get rid of the mildew in our front load washing machine. It was obvious that he had a lot of experience. Can't recommend this company highly enough!
Description of Work
Our washer was broken so we called him to fix it. While he was fixing that asked if we had ever had the dryer cleaned out before (obviously it had not) so we paid $140 for him to clean out all the lint. This involved cleaning the line that goes from the house as well as taking off the front of the dryer and cleaning out the inside and even fixing a broken piece of our lint screen.
Janet F.
05/27/2015
Kavita N.
05/12/2015
Service not done due to washer brand (needs special service).
Description of Work
I called Nick to inquire about fixing a Bosch washer. He informed me that he does not service Bosch washers. However, he spent a lot of time with me on the phone trying to help me diagnose the problem, and offering helpful suggestions. He was honest and helpful, and I would have used his services.
Dayna E.
01/08/2015
Discovered a not-so-obvious issue with the dryer making a terrible noise and used his knowledge of the equipment to get it fixed. Very thorough and friendly service.
Description of Work
Investigated and solved a squealing stacked dryer.
Erin L.
11/12/2014
Above all Nick was honest. He explained that the part I managed to break was more of a "child proof" item and not a safety issue. He offered two solutions and explained the cost and pros/cons of each solution. He easily could have sold us a $150+ fix for parts and labor but was honest and explained that we could use it as-is safely. His fee to come out and diagnose the issue was very reasonable and (in my opinion) worth every penny for the peace of mind he afforded us. Service call was scheduled for the next business day and he arrived within the two hour window provided. Nick was professional, knowledgable, and a pleasure to have in our home. I can honestly say the he will be our first choice for appliance repair in the future.
Description of Work
Diagnose and explain fix options for broken lint trap piece on newer front load dryer.
Mark B.
11/06/2014
We were very pleased with the work performed by Nick in our home. He was very responsive to our call and came to our house the same day that we called. He was polite, courteous and professional. He diagnosed our washing machine as irreparable and even made suggestions for replacements as I shopped online while he cleaned our ducts. We were pleased that he would work on our dryer and clean our vents/ducts. His prices were reasonable and even returned later (free of charge) at our request to deliver an additional part that we needed after we installed our new washer and dryer.
Description of Work
Diagnosis of failed washing machine, cleaning of dryer and vents
Lois L.
05/12/2014
After a move, my washer was completely out of balance. I called Nick and he was able to come the same day. He immediately understood the problem and went to work. My washer is working good as new with no balance problems.
Description of Work
Repair my washer.
Carrie H.
04/11/2014
Our front loader washer was leaking water from the door due to a nick in the large rubber gasket. After looking at a YouTube video and deciding the repair was a much larger job than we wished to tackle, I called Nick and was immediately impressed with his professionalism, responsiveness and friendly manner. At his request, I texted Nick the model of the washer so he could see if he had the part in his shop. He did not have it in stock but within 2 hours of my call, Nick found the gasket at his supplier, called me with an estimated cost, and was on his way to my house to repair the machine. He also took time to clean out a trap in the machine and removed quite a few coins, paper clips, hairpins, pieces of ink pens, etc. which had likely contributed to the nicked gasket and also caused the machine to be excessively noisy during the drain cycle. This is the first time I have ever called for customer service at my home and had the job completed on the same day and within only a few hours from the time of my call. We will definitely call Nick should we need any type of appliance repair in the future. We found him to be honest, reliable and trustworthy. Thanks, Nick!
Description of Work
Replaced rubber gasket on front loader washer
Kirk D.
12/13/2013
Wow. I don't write allot of reviews for service but i felt compelled to in this case. Some history: About 6 months ago i had the heating element burn out on my new style front loading dryer. I got it replaced by a different repair service i found on Angie's List (Nick, The Washer and Dryer Guy wasn't working in my area at that time). With the brand new heating element installed drying times for my loads remained unchanged ( up too 1.5 hours for many loads). No mention of my dryer venting was ever brought up by that other repair person. Fast forward 6 months and I referred by a friend to Nick , The Washer and Dryer Guy, because i was looking to get the vents chased and cleaned out.(research on internet about long drying times). He confirmed what i was seeing on internet about vent clean out and also about fire hazard concerns about clogged vents. Also, he informed me that clogged vents are one of the main contributions of why heating elements burn out to start with.(the other guy never mentioned it of course) Nick went to work and you wouldn't believe the amount of crap he pulled out of that dryer vent! I should have taken a picture of it. My wash loads now dry in about 1/2 the time they were before the clean out. I can't recommend Nick high enough!. He was also very respectful of my home, covered his shoes before going on my floors, very careful pulling my appliance out etc... I will be dealing with Nick only for my washer and dryer issues from now on.
Description of Work
Clean dryer vent internally and external portion of dryer vent. Check dryer function efficiency.
Christopher T.
11/01/2013
It is not very often that you find someone that really cares about what they are doing and Chris really does, I will be telling all our friends about him in the future!
Description of Work
A friend told me to call The Washer and Dryer Guy, and they were so right! Our washer sounded like is was about to explode and we new something was wrong. We have not been using it and had to wait because we could not afford to have one of the big companies come out because it was so expensive. We had Chris come out after one our friends used him and it went GREAT! He was on time and he really seemed like he cared about not only getting the job done but at a very fair cost. it was a relatively simple fix and did not require any parts so there was no charge above his trip fee which was only $70!

JT Appliance Repair

Over 8 years of experience in appliance Repair and Televisions. We work on most brands of Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Stoves, Microwaves and garbage disposals. We guarantee our work and offer the best prices in the area. Not working on refrigerators at the moment.

Alpha Omega Appliance Service

In This Hectic, Unpredictable Life We Live in, Today's Appliances Need to be Running, Not Just Most of the Time BUT All of the Time! When Your Appliance is Broke Down it Disrupts the Household. Our Philosophy is: We Are Not Only There to Repair the Appliance, We Are Also There to "Fix" the Client. We Understand if You Have 5 Loads of Clothes Stacked Up and the Washer is Dead, We Are There to Help YOU Through the Repair Process, Getting Your Appliance Up and Running as Quickly as Possible - to Help Get Your Household Back in Order!

All American Appliance Repair LLC

All American Appliance Repair is a reliable Appliance Repair Service in the Georgetown surrounding areas. As we would like to service all of your appliance needs we are only an appliance REPAIR company; WE DO NOT INSTALL. Being a great service provider means having complete and total confidence in the people providing those services.

2022 Super Service Award

Washer and Dryer maintenance and repair on all major brands. Brands including but not limited to, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Amana, Magic Chef, Kitchenaid, Roper, Estate, Electrolux, Frigidaire, Samsung and LG. I also offer complete annual maintenance for washer and dryers to prevent you from having any problems in the first place. It is extremely important to have your units looked over annually to extend the life of your machines.

I am currently unable to get parts for or service GE, Fisher Paykel and Bosch.