Personal Castles

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2015

We are the premier residential cleaning service of Austin and now offering large scale disinfecting and decontamination! We are BBB certified, Insured, bonded and have been serving the Austin and surrounding areas. Most of our wonderful staff has been with us for over 10 years. All of our workers are payed a living wage, are bonded, insured and have a maximum of 2 houses a day to ensure that the quality of work reflects the highest standards of our most demanding customers. The same warm hearted maid will clean your house every time she is scheduled so that she can get to know exactly how you like things done. We can also offer and coordinate other services such as window cleaning, power washing or deep cleans to make sure everything is perfect for you when you arrive home after a hard day of work. Chemical-Free cleaning by request at no additional charge for anyone who is hypoallergenic, has sensitive kids or pets. Please call for a free estimate and the BEST service you and your family deserve....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

house cleaning202078665
Cleaning makes for a happy wife... And a happy wife makes for a happy life 🥰
Cleaning project

202078665
Post Construction Clean Up project
Post Construction Clean Up

202078665
Move In/Move Out Clean project
Move In/Move Out Clean

202078704

house cleaning (69)window cleaning (8)carpet cleaning (3)pressure washing (1)

07/25/2022

Medora K.

Personal Castles staff has cleaned our home several times. Each team member has been outstanding. They arrive promptly, communicate thoroughly and provide excellent cleaning services. Last week, Brenda was here and went above and beyond to make our home spotless! I have hired many cleaning companies over the years, and Personal Castles is the best.

Description of Work
house cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

Thank you for the kind words. We definitely try our best and it is customers like you that highlight our hard work that allow us the opportunity to help others out. Thank you so much!

02/01/2021

Aaron C.

My wife and I needed a deep cleaning for our house to prepare for interior painting (can't do painting if the walls and baseboards are dirty). Tania did an outstanding job cleaning the house - in fact, she went over and beyond our expectations! JC, the owner of the company, was very courteous and professional over the phone and by email and even visited our house before the cleaning to make sure that everything went smoothly. Personal Castles may not be the cheapest service around, but they're definitely worth every penny. I highly recommend them if you need a high-quality service that will treat you right.

Description of Work
Deep cleaning

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

Thank you for the wonderful review! I will show up whenever I can to introduce you to the cleaner that will be taking care of you. It is important for me to convey how much we appreciate your business and how every customer we have is important to us despite frequency of service or size of house. Thank you again for the review, it helps us find wonderful customers such as yourself and grow one happy customer at a time.

01/15/2021

Martin P.

Personal Castles cleaned my house yesterday and did an amazing job! We just moved out and needed to have our home professionally cleaned prior to closing. They really went above and beyond and did a better job than we could have expected! I would gladly refer them to any friends or family. If you need your home cleaned Personal Castles is the best around!

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Work Completed On 01/16/2021

Thank you Sir! Always a pleasure to be of service. See you in two weeks!

11/15/2020

Susan M.

JC was able to accomodate my schedule with a quick turn-around time, and he and his crew did a great job cleaning a home that had some unexpected areas that needed extra attention. There was an area that was overlooked (it was a big job!) and JC came back out the next day and took care of it himself to my satisfaction. He won me over as a customer and I plan to use Personal Castles again.

Description of Work
Deep cleaning for an elderly family members home

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

If we can, we will! :)

11/12/2020

Kim K.

I have never received so much for my money! The team scrubbed my home as it likely has never been scrubbed before. I requested a "move-out" cleaning in order to put the house on the realty market, and I lacked clearing out a couple of cabinets, a pantry, a hall closet , and a large refrigerator/freezer before the team arrived (I'm still living in the home, sleeping on the sofa); the ladies straightened the contents of those storage areas anyway, which was not in their work description. The team had to be EXHAUSTED, as they came early and stayed late! I was exhausted just staying out of their way for so long... These folks served me FANTASTICALLY on short notice, and were so nice and respectful -- they are TRULY the GOLD STANDARD, and I'm thrilled with the services I received!!

Description of Work
THOROUGH and TOTAL housecleaning and window cleaning for realtor house showing.

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

That's what we strive for! I am glad you were pleased with the service, we followed your listing after you put your home on the market, Hopefully a clean house helped it sell in under a month :)

10/31/2020

Mary H.

What you need to know if you hire this company, be prepared to take an hour of your time to do a white glove, lint roller, flashlight, top-down inspection of your house before you allow the cleaner to leave. If you find work not up to standard you are to keep the cleaner and inform her/him/them to redo the work. If you say anything later they will repeatedly tell you that you signed off on the work by allowing a grown adult to leave your home before you completed a through enough inspection of the work. Note that this inspection is not in their terms of service and as such is a deceptive trade practice. Also be sure to watch the cleaner load her/his car because if mop water leaves you home it is going on the lawn. Do not expect a sorry, period. You can expect to be threatened with a lien on your home for nonpayment. I told him to go for it that I would enjoy laying this out for a judge and putting him on the stand. A few of the details: After finishing a long day at work and looking around the house more I did not think that things looked as clean as in the past, but I thought maybe it was just me and that I was tired from a long couple of weeks. It was not just me. As I started spending time in the areas cleaned it was clear that nothing close to a deep clean had been done. The lint roller pic is from a carpet 18 hours after a supposed deep clean. Initially I was willing to give them a second chance, we all have bad days, get sick, make mistakes, etc. The fact that they sent 1 person for 4 hours for a deep clean of 1,500 square feet, well I cannot hold the cleaner responsible for that and for the time she had she got as much done as she could. I final blew my gasket when I saw the dying grass patch on the lawn from mop water. Mind you we had just received "Yard of the Month" recognition from the local garden club. The male owner told me it was absolutely impossible that the burn in the grass was from the mop water, that it would take 24 hours for a brown spot to develop. I noticed the spot starting at hour 25/26 so he was 100% on the mark with that time estimate. Unless this issue has occurred prior he would not have a time frame immediately available for reference. He finally admitted that the mop water left the house, but he said it was thrown in the gutter. The gutters go to storm drains so that is illegal dumping. Either way it is bad news. The burn mark is also where she parked and loaded her car. They billed me $210 + tax for 1 person for 4 hours. This is after knowing how upset I am and destroying my entire weekend. They are more expensive than a number of other companies and I have no problem paying a little more for a superior job. It is not the client's responsibility to confirm a job has been done. How dare a company try to make me feel responsible for checking their employee's work. the expect me to order the person to redo the work. The pics are sample, the details are also a sample there is/was more. To sum it up, I spent my supposed free weekend to play cleaning because this company failed miserably. I have huge burn spot in the middle of my award-winning lawn that will take months to recover, I also now have to be concerned about my live oak trees soaking up this vile concoction of chemicals, along with wondering what toxic residue is left in my home from it, I have been told it was my fault, and been threatened with a lien. To top it off they have sent two invoices back-to-back and customer satisfaction survey after threatening me with a lien. There is no making any of this right, but the company does have a path to payment. I have offered to pay if I am provided with a written, signed, and notarized letter outlining the issues and taking responsibility for the issues. What blows my mind is the lack of integrity and ethics it takes to bill me after all of this.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Review for Personal Castles - 1801 Red Bud Ln, Round Rock, TX - 38993743

There are some people you can not please in any industry. I tried until I couldn't any longer. Despite her colorful rhetoric and profane language to myself and my staff and not paying for services, Personal Castles did its best to remedy the situation, offer alternatives to redo the work, or adjust the price to her liking. Even the cleaner that was assigned to her home felt offended and belittled by how poorly she was treated. It was just our luck to be given this jewel of an opportunity. We are responsive to any constructive criticism we are given by any reasonable or prudent person. Thank you for reading the response, but please feel free to call to make your judgment on how we conduct business. Below is a link to the same customers review on yelp. Feel free to take a look at the other reviews she has posted. First person I have ever personally seen complain about tiffs treats. https://www.yelp.com/biz/personal-castles-round-rock?hrid=IdhqcTimayvgca-hv7v_OQ&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

08/07/2020

Kevin D.

Overall they were great. They were timely and thorough. I am pleased with the result.

Description of Work
One time house cleaning for a 2 story home with wood floors, tile floors and carpet.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thank you. I am glad we were able to come last minute. I look forward to meeting you during your next scheduled cleaning in a couple weeks. Congratulations on your new house and welcome to South Austin :-)

07/22/2020

Laura M.

It was an excellent job! I needed a deep cleaning which took about 4.5 hours, as promised. All surfaces were dusted or cleaned including baseboards, all light fixtures, stove vent, and more. I am so pleased that I am hiring Personal Castles to clean my home every week. Their pricing is fair for the excellent job they do. My rating for them is A+ ! LM, Austin

Description of Work
House Cleaning

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

It was such a pleasure to meet you and your husband. I am confident that Carla will be a wonderful fit for you for years to come. I am glad everything worked out and we met your expectations :)

07/17/2020

Emily T.

The crew did an amazing job! I had the same renters for 2.5 years who, quite honestly, did not clean or maintain the unit while living there. Personal Castles came in and gave us a quote for a deep cleaning and cleaning the appliances/walls. They were able to get all the tenant dirt/smells/stains out perfectly and would definitely recommend this company! I was thoroughly impressed and astounded they were able to make the house like new again.

Description of Work
Move Out Clean

Category carpet cleaners, house cleaning, window cleaning

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

Yeah, I have to admit, my head spun when we walked in the first time. 3 college aged lads with an affinity for pets was probably one of the tougher projects we have had for a make ready. However, I did pull one of our specialists from the construction clean up side and a couple from our residential house cleaning side and we were able to make the house look picture ready. I am so glad everything worked out and if you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. It was a pleasure and we are always up for a challenge.

07/16/2020

Rob S.

JC got in touch right away and his cleaning staff arrived the next day after we spoke, could not ask for faster response time. The cleaning was more then I expected and exceeded all previous cleaning services I had used in the past. The house was spotless when the cleaning crew left and although I had signed up for only one cleaning when the job was done I contacted JC and signed up for bi-weekly cleaning service.

Description of Work
House Cleaning

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review. We understand that everyone has a different schedule so we try to get back to people right away. It has been such a pleasure to be of service and we look forward to being your choice providers for years to come!

06/10/2020

Tiffany B.

Personal Castles is more then a 5 stars for sure! This was the first time I've used them. JC and his team showed up on time. His staff was very nice. I worked from home so I was here all day and the attention to detail was great. I have scheduled a few more cleanings with them. I also had my windows cleaned inside and out. WOW what a deafferents that made. Again the attention to detail was awesome. If you or someone you know is looking for a great cleaning service. Give JC at Personal Castles a call!

Description of Work
House Cleaning and Window Cleaning

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review. It has been such a pleasure to meet you and your husband. We are so happy that you chose to work with us as we couldn't have asked for better customers to work for.

03/02/2020

Jacqueline G.

Personal Castles does a good job, especially if you need someone in a pinch. The cleaners were nice and friendly. I'd use them again when I do not have time to handle it myself.

Description of Work
House Cleaning

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

thank you for the kind review. If it can be done, we will make it happen.

02/22/2020

Cindy E.

Excellent! Our people arrived on time and ready to clean our home. They were wonderful. Firstly, knowing what to do and secondly in asking what else we wanted done. They found every crevice and corner cleaning even things I may have missed. I found them each to have delightful personalities and truly wanting to please. JC stopped by to see how it was going and I really appreciated his personal attention. This is truly a wonderful company with great people. I can not recommend them highly enough!

Description of Work
A deep cleaning.

Work Completed On 02/22/2020

Thank you ma'am!

02/21/2020

Scott H.

Cleaner showed up right on time worked hard and had great attention to detail. I surprised my wife and she was very happy!

Description of Work
Clean house

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

As long as your wife is happy, that's all that matters :)

02/21/2020

Alex G.

Great communication, fast service, and great pricing!

Description of Work
Post construction cleaning

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review. Its always a pleasure to work with Soleil floors, you all do exceptional work and we never mind cleaning up after you!

02/20/2020

Alex R.

JC and his team at Personal Castles are awesome. They are easy to work with and are professional in what they do. I have recommended them to multiple friends and they have all been pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Home cleaning

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Thank you for all the referrals you have sent my way, It is greatly appreciated and we love helping your friends and family.

Justin B.

JC & Personal Castles are a high class operation. They are very professional and I have referred them to my clients and consistently receive great feedback. I would not hesitate to continue to refer them to my friends, family, clients and more!

Description of Work
Referred Business

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

Thank you! Nothing like having a clean house to come home to :)

Justin K.

We hired Personal Castles a few months back to do a monthly cleaning. We've had a couple of other services with varying results, but this company does a fantastic job every time. The owner did a walkthrough with me the first time and asked what details I wanted. They've gone above and beyond each time and I can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Monthly House Cleanings

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

We appreciate it! Thank you for the kind words. We try to be proactive with our customers. Thanks again for the recomendation and for helping our group out with our health insurance needs.

Dwayne S.

It went awesome......they did a great job and they really focus on customer satisfaction....call them you won't be disappointed

Description of Work
Office cleaning

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

Thank you sir, and my cleaning technicians and I really appreciate the kind words and the excellent work you do for us at Genuine Diesel and Automotive. Thank you for the loaner! it got us out of a pinch and helped us keep our schedule.

Joel L.

Great. They did what they said and to a very good quality. Price was spot on.

Description of Work
Cleaning of my office.

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Thank you!

Chad R.

I was very impressed with Jean Claude. As a family business, it is very clear that excellent service is important to him personally, and a hallmark of their successful years in business. I immediately appreciated the fact they he and his workers are licensed, insured, and that his workers are better-paid for their labor than others in the same industry. The fact that so many of his workers have been with the business for 2 plus years also speaks highly for his business in an industry with traditionally high turnover rates. I have no problem in recommending this business for either commercial or residential cleaning.

Description of Work
Interviewing for cleaning services for home and office.

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words. We do our best to stand out above the rest while offering a personal touch. We appreciate the feedback and the referrals.

Jeremy M.

They are efficient and lave all my jobsite better then when I got there! Amazing!!

Description of Work
Post construction cleanuo