Gregory Brothers Painting

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2010

3608 Carnousty Cv.

Round Rock, TX 78664

Gregory Brothers Painting is a small, local, family owned business serving Austin and surrounding areas. Our goal is to exceed our customers expectations. We are not a big franchise company where there are often times confusion and miscommunication when it comes to giving you the service you deserve. Andrew Gregory(Owner) is the one you discuss the scope of the work with from the very beginning. He is the one that will provide the estimate to you and schedule the work. All our painters are highly experienced with 5-20+ years in the trade. You will always have a highly experienced painter on the job that speaks your language. We never have more than two small jobs going at once or one large job at a time so that we can provide better service to the customers. Jobs under $4000 require no deposit and larger jobs require 1/3 deposit. Payment options are check, cash, or paypal. Award Winning....

09/13/2020

Nicholas N.

After a first great experience with this company, we hired Gregory Brothers again recently to repaint some trim and restain sink areas after water damage. Before the job started, we added the repainting of common areas in our house and fixing small drywall cracks. The job Andrew's company did surpassed my high expectations. Beto and his team worked a solid week at our house, going above and beyond to do an amazing job. They were extremely considerate and hard working, and the end result was amazing. I'm positive the house's common areas look better now than they did when the house was first built. It is so nice to find a company like Gregory Brothers. Any time I have a painting need, I don't have to research/evaluate/etc., as I know who I want doing the job. It is impressive to see the pride Andrew and Beto have in doing a professional job and making customers happy reflected throughout the entire team. Below is my review from our first time hiring Gregory Brothers - also a five star review. :-)

Description of Work
Staining, trim finishing and painting, interior painting, fixing drywall cracks

10/30/2018

Connie T.

This is my second review for Gregory Brothers Painting which makes sense because this is our second home since I discovered the best Painting Contractor in Austin. Yup. Gregory Bros. is all that. My honey and I recently sold our home in Travis Country and moved to a downtown condo. This has been a dream of ours for a long time. The walls of our new downtown space were painted a dark, somewhat dreary color, and the 11’ walls were in need of some TLC, but I could see past these issues because I know what magic Andrew Gregory and his incredible team could work. As other reviewers have noted, Andrew and his team are professional and show great attention to detail. An added plus – Andrew and his team are nice guys with positive attitude and a can do approach to all tasks. We were lucky to be able to find a slot in Gregory Bros. busy schedule that worked for us and the other contractors we were juggling prior to our move. If your new or old home needs some TLC these are the “go-to guys” – Gregory Bros.

Description of Work
Whole House Interior Painting & Sheetrock Repair

Category drywall, pressure washing, interior painters

01/15/2018

Lori B.

I've been remiss on posting a review. In July 2017, we hired Andrew to paint the interior of our new home as well as epoxy the garage floor before we moved in. We couldn't have been happier with the quality of the work and the professionalism of Andrew and his team. The paint 'lines' between the walls and the trim (different colors) were perfectly straight. They communicated throughout the week and were very flexible regarding schedule and timeline. Andrew was not the lowest bid; he came in slightly higher. However, the quality and ease of working with Andrew was well worth it. HIGHLY recommend!

Description of Work
1) paint interior walls and millwork 2) paint garage wall 3) epoxy garage floor

09/27/2017

Ali K.

After getting estimates from other drywall repair companies I decided to go with Gregory Brothers and I am extremely happy with my selection. Andrew showed up on time for the estimate, he provided me with a detailed quote that same night breaking down different options, he listened to all my concerns, was always respectful and his prices were very reasonable. I've never dealt with water damage like the one that was caused to my bathroom, and while other companies kept telling me they'd do exactly what I wanted and replace the drywalls and baseboards while giving me high estimates, Andrew was the only one to recommend what I actually needed replaced and what I could reuse. I'm not a drywall or water damage expert, and while I appreciate being given quotes for exactly what I've asked, I value the advice and experience of the professionals I am hiring more especially when I may just be considering superficial issues. Once I asked Andrew to start work, I found the Gregory Brothers team to be professional and courteous (really appreciate Beto's friendliness and him answering all my questions during the work), they showed up on time and were easy to talk to. Even though I had waited a week after fixing the water leak to start work (continuously running a dehumidifier and fans), after removing the ceiling drywall we found out the beams were still wet. I mentioned this to Andrew and he told me that the he would like to do the job right and would come back a week later. This would give the beams time to dry out and when he returned he would also apply a mold killing primer. Having dealt with other contractors I've never seen anyone take their guys off of a project and then return later as it is costly and uses a lot of the workers time, yet Andrew did it. He didn't change the quote and once his team returned they finished up the work as they had promised. With everything done the team replaced my ceiling drywall, checked my other walls to ensure they did not need to be replaced, textured, replaced attic insulation (both the batted and blown in insulation), replaced my AC register, applied mold killing primer to the beams and board that holds the water heater, and they left my house clean when they got done (I asked them not to repaint as my wife and I may pick a different wall color and were undecided). I am happy with the quality of the work and highly recommend Gregory Brothers.

Description of Work
I have a two story house with two water heaters, one in the garage and the other in the attic. The attic water heater leaked and caused damage to the bathroom below it. When I discovered the damage, the ceiling was wet and had mold growth. Part of the ceiling was cracking and there were stains all over it. Some of the side walls also were stained from the water. As the water went down the walls some of the baseboard came loose and looked warped. Attic insulation was also wet and the paint on the AC register had started to bubble. My family doesn't use this bathroom (it is attached to the guest room) so I'm not sure how long the water heater had been dripping. I had the water heater replaced and put in a humidifier and multiple fans in the bathroom to stop mold growth and dry out the walls. I then started calling for estimates to repair the damage.

09/20/2017

Margie S.

Great job you can't even tell there had been any damage.

Description of Work
Painting ceiling where damaged and sheetrock repair

Category interior painters

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the great Review. We really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your trust. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything in the future. Andrew (Owner)

03/12/2017

Paul M.

I have not had good experiences with contractors in the past however this was not the case with Gregory Brothers Painting. They exceeded all my expectations and then some. Painting is difficult to do correctly and attention to details is a must. Gregory Brothers Painting did all the right things, power washing the house, calking and using a very high quality paint, not one used by builders. I could not have asked for a better job. Would I use them again? YES, without hesitation. If you are looking for a house painter who is professional, easy to work with and will do an excellent job, then you need to hire Gregory Brothers Painting because they are simply the best.

Description of Work
The house exterior and large deck needed to be painted. After calling Gregory Brothers Painting and making an appointment, Andrew arrived on time to take a look at what needed to be done. I received an estimate for this project that same day which was very fair. A date was set and his crew arrived on time and knew exactly what was to be done.

Category pressure washing, house painters

01/08/2017

Leanne B.

Andrew and Beto and Hector were so professional, efficient and trustworthy. Job was completed and clean up great! Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
We had a 2 story wall enclosed, painted and cracks repaired.

11/21/2016

Todd V.

Excellent! Very satisfied and would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Paint interior of our home

09/13/2016

Rosca T.

Fantastic. This company prides itself on quality and meticulous attention to detail. They also did the exterior of our house the year before. We would not consider using anyone else.

Description of Work
Interior painting of our entire house with repairs of some ceiling problems. This included all painting all woodwork including exterior surfaces of kitchen cabinets and installing drywall and corner moulding in one room.

06/22/2016

Katie T.

Andrew and his team did a fantastic job on the exterior painting of our hose. Andrew was very responsive from the initial contact, to quote, to the confirmation of when his team could start work. His team was punctual, did a fantastic job, and was respectful of the noise for repairs with a newborn baby. I felt the work completed was worth the cost and I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint Job Power wash exterior to remove contaminants Mask and tape windows and surfaces Caulk all seams and trim boards Replace rotted wood and trim Paint exterior

Category house painters

03/01/2016

Carey J.

Gregory Brothers was great from start to finish. Andrew responded immediately to my quote request and came out the same day to scope out the project. He got me a quote the next day and within a couple days of my approval they started the project. They meticulously laid down construction paper and everything else needed to protect the office from their foot traffic and from paint, and they did an awesome job, repairing, priming, and repainting. When they were done, they cleaned up completely. They're a rare breed of service company.

Description of Work
They repainted our conference room and repaired and repainted a couple other walls that had cracked.

01/12/2016

Teresa K.

From start to finish this was such a great experience. Andrew and his crew at Gregory Bros. Painting do a fantastic job. The crew was prompt, friendly, and professional. They are very detailed oriented and if they see something that looks off or needs correcting they make sure that it gets done. The crew made sure that everything was picked up daily and did a great job of cleaning up on the last day. It was nice to find a company that cares so much about the end results. I would most definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Painted entire new construction home.

01/06/2016

Corky P.

The work went great; we were very pleased with the outcome. Andrew walked all the way around the exterior of the house looking at everything that would be painted and pointed out items that would need special attention prior to painting. Andrew was a real jewel to work with and to make certain that we were satisfied with the completed work. We will be hiring his company again to paint the interior of our home.

Description of Work
Scraping off loose paint, priming lintels, front door and wood surface then painted exterior trim, wrap around front porch ceiling and railing.

01/03/2016

Barbara W.

This is the second time I have used Gregory Brothers Painting. Four years ago they did the entire inside of my house. This time the exterior needed painting. They always go above and beyond what you might expect from a painting company. They recommended a paint brand that was available at Home Depot so I could go and get color samples. Part of the fascia they painted was galvanized drip edge installed as part of a new roof. They researched how to prep this metal surface so the paint would adhere. They also prepped the existing aluminum fascia so the paint would stick to it. They applied two coats of paint to everything. They went out of their way to find 2x8 cedar that matched the trim around my garage door and used it to replace rotted areas. Before doing the painting they pressure washed the entire house (including the vinyl siding). And the paint job was excellent. They even painted the cables and utility boxes to match the colors next to them. There was a team of four that worked about 3 1/2 days. The owner was on site every day and checked in with me on any questions they had. I am extremely happy with their work and will use them for all my paint jobs.

Description of Work
Painted fascia, soffit, exterior side of all doors, Hardi board on chimney, edge of chimney cap, all wood gates, trellis, and garage door. Also replaced and painted rotted cedar trim around the garage door.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

12/07/2015

Kelly H.

Andrew responded to my initial contact within about 30 minutes. He scheduled a meeting for estimation the same afternoon then was able to work my home into his schedule within 3 days. Andrew arrived about 15 minutes early and started preparing for the job before two of his crew arrived on site. Andrew was very professional yet personable throughout the entire process. His guys were courteous, respectful and did an outstanding job. I am very satisfied with the entire project start to finish. I would definitely recommend and use Gregory Brothers Painting for any future projects.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged ceiling. Had to cut a small hole to determine whether insulation was molded then repaired whole and entire seam between two pieces of Sheetrock where water had leaked through causing original tape & texture to peel. Repainted entire ceiling area.

10/01/2015

Donna M.

Great professionalism, prompt, great quality, but more expensive compared to other comparable painters

Description of Work
painted bedroom and dining room

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the great review! It was really great working for you. We appreciate your business and your trust. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of service to you in the future. Thanks! Andrew

08/08/2015

Mark E.

Words cannot describe how happy my wife and are with the job Andrew and his crew did (yes, he actually works alongside his crew!). I have never experienced service quite like this with a contractor. Not only were they punctual but actually showed up early! The estimate was detailed and the price was very fair for the work they did. Andrew explained the process as the work progressed and made suggestions that my wife and i had not thought about, which in the long run saved us money. Not only was the work they performed exceptional, they placed the furniture back in the rooms and even dusted!! Needless to say, anytime I need painting done, Gregory Brothers will be who I contact.

Description of Work
Removed popcorn texture from all ceilings in downstairs, re-textured ceilings, painted ceilings and walls

Category drywall, interior painters

Thanks so much for the great review. We really enjoyed working for you. I'm glad that we were able to get the downstairs completed before the furniture got put back into place, so that y'all can really enjoy the space. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future.

08/03/2015

Deborah C.

I cannot say enough good things about Gregory Brothers Painting. First, Andrew was quick about calling me back. My experiences with contractors over the years have taught me that that in and of itself is a rarity. He also made me feel like my job was important, even though it was relatively small. In the past, I have felt dismissed by contractors when I am not looking for massive overhauls. He made me feel like my business was valuable to him, and I appreciated that. He showed up when he said he would show up without fail, from coming out for the initial estimate to the end of the painting. When he told me he would be arriving at 8:30, he arrived at 8:30. His communications were prompt and informative, and he kept me up to date with the progress being made in the house. His price was reasonable, and the quality of work was above reproach. It was also completed faster than expected. He was in and out in less than 3 days. His crew was polite, and everything was cleaned up when the job was complete. They went above and beyond in the work done, including filling settling cracks around the house and touching up areas where my husband and I had gotten paint on the ceilings during our previous painting attempts. I can confidently say that I will recommend him to anyone who needs paint work done, and I will certainly be using him again in the future.

Description of Work
Interior painting of kitchen, hallway, living room, and nursery including trim and doors. Filled settling cracks and corrected mistakes made when we painted ourselves.

Category interior painters

Thanks so much for the great review and kind words about us. It really makes my day when I open up my profile and read these reviews about how satisfied our clients are. I have also noticed a big problem with how unprofessional trades-man can be sometimes. I remember once when I was a kid, my Mom was frustrated with a contractor because she felt like he didn't even care about the work and only wanted to rush through it to make a quick buck (and my mom didn't have much money). Later when I started my business, I thought to myself about how I can make the most satisfied customers. And I told myself that if I can treat my customer how I would want a contractor to treat my own parents, then I would be doing the right thing. So I am glad that my clients can see the difference and see why we made our slogan "the painter's you can trust".

07/23/2015

Rex C.

He did an excellent job repairing the drywall and matching the existing texture. He was punctual and professional. We'll definitely contact him again if we need this type of service or painting in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired Drywall

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the great review!. It was really great working for you. I'm really glad that the patches turned out well for you. We appreciate your business and your trust. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of service to you in the future. Thanks! Andrew

06/06/2015

Michael O.

Andrew was responsive and professional, his crew did a good job. I will use again.

Description of Work
Hung, taped, floated and textured drywall for a remodel project.

05/26/2015

Greg M.

They did a very professional job in a timely manner and the quote matched the final cost!

Description of Work
Painted our Master Bath Walls, ceiling and cabinets

02/04/2015

Kyoko M.

Domingo did a great job. He was nice and appeared to be really professional. Andrew called me to let me know the crew member will be 5 minutes late, which was assuring. Only my disappointment was that the new paint color that I purchased from Lowe's didn't exactly match with the existing wall color. Domingo told me it is a problem most of the time. Of course, this is not their fault.

Description of Work
Repaired 2 holes on the wall. There was miscommunication when I received a quote from Andrew over the phone. Although there actually were 2 holes, I received a quote just for 1 hole. When a crew member showed up this morning, I found out the error. Nonetheless, Andrew offered the quoted price for the 2 holes, which means 2 for 1 offer. Therefore, Domingo had to work double to the quoted time. I appreciate Andrew's consideration.

Category interior painters

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business and your trust. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of service to you in the future. Thanks! Andrew

01/25/2015

aaron R.

Andrew was great to work with. A true professional from quoting the job to finishing on time and price. Andrew and his team were on time, worked all day and cleaned up every day. Andrew is easy going and has great attention to detail. We are more than pleased with the job and will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
popcorn removal from ceilings, painted and textured ceilings, repaired cracks in walls from previous foundation repair, repaired texture on arch window, painted two bedrooms, bathroom, hallway, doors, window sills and baseboards.

Category drywall, interior painters

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate your business. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future. Thanks! Andrew

11/24/2014

Lindsey M.

I contacted Gregory Brothers via Angie's List and Andrew was super responsive and came by to provide a quote for 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths (which were builder beige). We scheduled the work shortly thereafter and he and his crew showed up exactly on time as scheduled. They knocked out the entire job in 1 day. They put down a paper walkway to protect the floors and overall were very considerate of keeping the area clean. They even vacuumed the areas afterwards so everything looked great when they left. Crew was very polite and it was great to see the business owner working right alongside his crew all day to get the job done and done extremely well. I have already recommended Gregory Brothers to a friend and will very Iikely use them again in the future. Thanks guys!!

Description of Work
Painted 4 rooms: 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad that we cleaned up well at the end of the job. We always try not to leave a mess for the client. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything in the future. Thanks! Andrew 512-970-4059

10/24/2014

Daniel T.

Andrew and team are the best. This is one of many jobs he has done for me. He is excellent to work with not only for his superb painting skills, but he has a fantastic eye to help with colors. On this job, we were not quite sure what color to go with. He helped tremendously on what he thought would look good. Sent us some samples and we went with his suggestion. Thank Goodness. Media room looks awesome! Even better than I imagined. If you want the job done right, on time, with complete professionalism, Gregory Brothers painting is your choice. Last note. On all my bids he was not the lowest bid, nor was he the highest, but his work is un-paralleled to any other painting company I have ever worked with. I will gladly pay the premium over low bidder because I know I will get my money's worth.

Description of Work
Painted media room. fixed damage from other contractors.

Category interior painters

Thanks again for the great reviews! These reviews really do make my day. You have been an ideal client for us and we really appreciate your business and your trust. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of service in the future. Thanks! Andrew 512-970-4059