ARCHADECK OF AUSTIN

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2007

4.3

402A W Palm Valley Blvd. #309

Round Rock, TX 78664

Archadeck Outdoor Living designs and builds custom outdoor living spaces for our clients. From porches and patios to decks and sunrooms, Archadeck is North America’s leading outdoor space builder....

09/16/2020

Michael P.

Archadeck rushed thru the project and failed to get the electrical and footing inspections done with the city. We spent many months emailing them to try to get the inspections done with a third party, but eventually they stopped responding to emails and phone calls. We have had to pay out of pocket to have inspections done and are still in the middle of trying to get the footings inspected without taring down the pergola.

Description of Work
Patio refresh and pergola build

Category awnings,concrete repair,decks,electrician,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,ceiling fans,sunrooms,hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

04/27/2018

M Pierre A.

Tip of the hat to Archadeck of Austin. Working with Jim Schallon was like working with a trusted family member. Jim was super responsive to my questions and requests and was beside us through all steps of the process - from initial consultation to post sales follow up. Would hire again and have already recommended the services of Archadeck to others.

Description of Work
backyard deck deconstruction + installation of stone patio w pergola

Category concrete repair,decks,electrician,deck cleaning

06/11/2016

KYOUNG C.

Jim was very helpful and responsive. I contacted many contractors and he was the first one replied and many questions promptly answered afterward. (More than half did not bother returning my request...) Their quote was higher than I thought, and as I went thru many other contractors I learned it is not that they were expensive but my budget was low. I got similar quote from 3 reputable contractors and they were all about this range, some even using cheaper material. I decided not to do it at the end due to budget issue, but this guy deserves some good review from me.

Description of Work
Off existing covered concrete patio, install 13.5' x 20' deck with pergola that can block sunlight and rain - PolyGal polycarbonite is recommended.

Category decks,outdoor kitchens

12/05/2015

Henry D.

The initial installation of the pergola and paver patio was pretty fast, but a few months later, the pavers started to shift and sink, and the patio because uneven. I talked to the owner, and they came back and leveled the patio pavers. Another year later, and the pavers continued to shift and sink. Again I talked to the owner, and they came back and level the patio pavers. Here I am now, and the pavers have again shifted and sunk over the past year to the point where the patio is unsafe and needs to be replaced. I am very disappointed in the quality of the work Archadeck has performed. To be fair, the owner has tried to be responsive to my concerns, and I give him credit for that, but it seems the path forward here will involve replacing the patio. Also, the pergola built is not completely stable, and contractors I have spoke to about routine staining of the pergola have said it is not stable enough for them to work on. They don't see larger lag bolts usually seen on most pergolas to connect beams.

Description of Work
I hired Archadeck to install a paver patio, and a wooden pergola over it. The paver patio is 10 x 22 feet in sized, and raised about 18" because of the slope of my yard. The wooden pergola is 10 x 20 feet, and about 14 feet high.

Category decks,hardscaping,patios

[removed member name], I am sorry that you’re not happy with the patio and I’m sorry that you chose not to contact me again because as you indicated each time you have contacted me I too action. I do think it’s important to note that the work was completed in April of 2012 not 2015. As you know the patio is a paver patio, 10x22 is basically goes from grade 10’ out from the house and raised above grade by about 10”. The patio was level when completed and repaired a year later as you described. I’m pretty certain that if it has shifted again it must be a result of settling and not of the patio construction. Having said that, I no longer promote these type of patios. Experience has proven that properly re-enforced concrete patios with stain or flagstone make a much more reliable patio and aesthetically pleasing surface. If you are interested in that I will work with you on a replacement. This is the first I have heard about any issue with the pergola. It is properly braced, looks very nice and if there is something wrong I would be more than happy to take some corrective action. Jim Odom Owner Archadeck of Austin

11/03/2014

Virginia J.

It went very well. The lines of communication were open, which I find rare. We made it known up front that we have had bad experiences with contractors not setting our expectations properly and "disappearing". We were communicating long distance as we were not living in the house at the time of design or construction. This could have been a bad situation with misunderstandings and miscommunications, but it was not the case. The principals and their subcontractors were all professional and really knew their trade. I would highly recommend Archadeck of Austin and I plan to use them again on other projects we have planned.

Description of Work
Designed and built a covered cooking and entertainment area outside which included a slab, metal roof, electrical/cable/gas, stone pillars, finished cedar ceiling and installed every known cooking appliance in stone. It's beautiful!

Category decks,electrician,outdoor kitchens

06/09/2014

Guy M.

Initial contact with the office staff was awesome. Very polite and helpful. Tory came out and took and we spent some time discussing a to scale plan I had. He had some good input so I told him I would make changes to the plan and email it to him. I did so that night and then emailed him 2 weeks later asking for a progress report on the quote. He got back to me informing me he had had some medical issue and would get the quote out shortly.. I haven't seen it yet.

Description of Work
They came out to give me a quote on a patio

Category patios

06/02/2014

Heather P.

They never performed work so can't give a review for this part of the business.

Description of Work
Tory came out to give me a quote. Was very nice and had some good ideas. He said he would be back in contact in a week with a proposal. After two weeks I called him and left a message on his cell, he never called back. I spoke to the receptionist and asked her if everything was ok and if he was going to call me back. She said he would. It's been about two months and he never called. The job would have been around $30K. I'm sorry I wasted my Saturday meeting with Tory, and delaying my project by a month hoping for a call back. Very unprofessional. If I did that to my clients, I wouldn't have any clients.

05/07/2014

Jennifer M.

Quick to respond. Consult with a now former employee Mark Mommsen was terrific. Expensive project but could do just what we wanted - 2 large wood pergolas that were to be stained and one with a wired wet rated ceiling fan. Then the troubles began. They do not tell you they sub contract out ALL their work. Could not get the wood pergola construction guys to show up. They would show up whenever they felt like it and then maybe stay for an hour and take off. It took weeks past the projected dates to get them built. Then the hassle started again. With the stain sub contractor. Then the electrician - who actually showed when he said he would and did great work. Fast forward and it has been two years. The pergolas already need restained. Been trying for days to get a response out of them. Want to know our stain color and name of sub who did it. Cannot get return call. They're customer service stinks. As does their responsiveness. Check out their Angieslist reviews indeed! The reviews here should reflect just how poorly rated they should be.

Category decks

Dear (removed member name), As the owner of Archadeck, I would like the opportunity to respond to you. First, I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have been absolutely slammed this year with new requests and having difficulty keeping up with demand. We do try to get back with people promptly but are admittedly short handed on the administrative front and I apologize. I will personally look into your file on Monday to try and get you a stain color. You should also know it is not unusual at all that the pergola needs to be restained after 2 years. We are a design/build firm and it's common practice that businesses like our sub contract all the work. I will followup with you directly next and I apologize for our slow response. You can also email me anytime at jim.odom@archadeck.net Thanks you Jim Odom Owner

03/03/2014

Julie F.

I got a returned call on Monday and I was on the other line so the woman left me a message saying that she got my request but by the zip code she wondered if I was in Wimberley and if so it is WAY, this word was stressed on the message, out of thie service area but I could call her back if I wanted. I called her back thinking the request was routed to another city by mistake. It was not. She was rude, interrupted me, and she said even though the site says they cover Wimbereley, it would be hard to do. She had no interest in helping me at all. I was really disappointed with this experience and suggest that they remove Wimberley from their Cities Serviced and ask their receptionist to be more professional.

Description of Work
I looked at them online and it looked like they had great work AND their coverage area included Wimberely Tx. I filled out the please contact me form on Saturday.

02/25/2014

Sharon T.

From the time I contacted Archadeck, the experience was great. Jim came out and listened to what I wanted and came up with a design that was exactly what I envisioned. He walked me through each step of the process and let me know where there were going to be delays (i.e. the city permitting and inspections). Christine took over and made sure that I was kept in the loop as to where the project stood and what to be expected next. Then Wes came out to manage the actual project and he made sure that the individual sub contractors each took care of their tasks. Whenever there was something that did not turn out the way I envisioned, there was no question as to if it was going to be changed, but just how did I want it corrected. I kept waiting for there to be a problem that was not addressed or fixed to my expectations, but this just never happened. I have had a number of friends complain about their contractors and how horrible their experience had been, but I have no complaints. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is looking to transform their backyard into a retreat.

Description of Work
demolished existing deck and replaced with a new covered deck with an outdoor kitchen

Category decks,remodeling,woodworking

[member name removed], I just want to thank you again. You were an absolute joy to work with and it turned out beautifully. Jim Odom Owner

Austin LED Supply

Austin LED Supply is a locally owned and operated LED lighting supply business located in Georgetown, TX. We have more than 10 years of experience in the industry. We sell all kinds of LED lights, fixtures and bulbs. We custom make LED strips orders for all your home and business projects. We will custom make your project to the specifications you are imagining. With the variety of LED strips and aluminum channels available, we will give your home a touch of modernity.

Georgetown awnings LLC

Based in Georgetown, Texas, Georgetown Awnings And Canopies designs and installs awnings and canopies for both residential and commercial applications. From small residential jobs to large commercial installations, our team has the experience to get the job done on time and within your budget. Please contact us with any questions you might have. We look forward to hearing from you. Patio Awnings, Custom Awnings, Entrance Awnings, Free standing Awnings, Custom Canopy, Metal, Fabric

Monroe professional painting

Great quality interior and exterior painting, residentials and commercials. There's no job too small. From little patching to installation and texture. Call us today to schedule a free estimate for your painting needs! We offer a 24 hour answering service!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

FULL SERVICE DESIGN-BUILDER OF DECKS, PATIOS, PERGOLAS, PORCH COVERS, SCREENED PORCHES, COMPLETE OUTDOOR LIVING ROOMS, OUTDOOR KITCHENS, AWNINGS, FIREPITS, & FIREPLACES.

Pools and water features