Ameristar Remodeling & Roofing

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2011

1004 Deepwood Dr

Round Rock, TX 78681

AmeriStar Remodeling & roofing is your one stop for all remodeling & roofing needs. We also offer handyman services, general contracting, painting, fencing, deck & patio installation and much more....

11/16/2015

Kathleen C.

Description of Work
Matt Law was recommended by a friend and he was quite likable and informative. Because of those things, we put our trust in him and paid him a bit more than we would have for a company that only does bathroom remodels. Everything was great until the tile guys came in. They were sloppy and careless and not only did a finishing job that looked like a child had done it, they left our shower with two unbelievable functional flaws. The shower floor does not slope properly and it creates a huge pool of water near the door. AND, the shower door does not keep water from getting on the bathroom floor. I discovered this when I stepped on the mat that has rubber backing and slid across the floor. Not only dangerous but a big disappointment. Even worse, is the lie from Matt who said during the process to please give him a chance to fix anything we were unhappy about. I fixed all the ugly tile grout issues he said he was sending someone to fix which he did not. As far and the two serious issues, he has been contacted more than once and more than once he has failed to show up and repair it. The last time he did not bother to say he was going to be a no-show. He was Johnny-on-the-spot before he got all our $=9K+, now we are apparently of no worth to him, not even for a good recommendation.

Category home remodeling

10/04/2013

gina W.

I paid a large $10,000 deposit which Matt Law, the contractor required, telling me he had to order the windows and doors that he was supposed to install. He showed up that day and did not show up for a month. The windows and doors he said, would be in by the next week never came in. I called him every few days to see if they had come in and said that the company was backed up. I also called him daily to see when my fireplace mantle would be measured for and he kept telling me that someone would be out in due time. No one ever showed up to do that. I had to go out and buy my own materials to put in the trim work and the workers did not have the tools they needed to do the job. The workers showed up every day without instruction about what to do. My interior doors showed up on the third day and they had been ordered wrong. The contractor Matt Law told me it was my fault and that was what I ordered and that he would charge me for the change. We began to be suspicious and called the window company, Anchor Ventana, and they told us that Matt had never ordered my windows. We finally asked him to tally up the work that had been done and refund our money. He agreed to do this but when we got the bill, it charged us for $10,000 worth of work. Basically, we paid $10,000 to have crown moulding put in, doors put in and a wall and a cabinet removed. The drywall work he did will have to be redone by a professional since it is crooked and the texture is unmatched. They also dry walled over an open plumbing line. This was one of the most stressful experiences of my life. .

Description of Work
He was supposed to do a remodel on my home. He asked for a 10,000 deposit which I gave him. He was supposed to build a fireplace mantle, put in windows and doors, do trim work, take out some walls, replace doors in the home and build a new support for my garage. A month after he started all that was done was to have the walls out which took one day and some crown moulding and the doors. The doors were ordered wrong and some were installed backwards. The big windows and doors that were supposed to be put in never came. I called the company he was supposed to order them from and he had never made the order. The fireplace mantle was never done and neither was the garage repair.

Category remodeling, wallpaper removal

Triple R Interiors

Hello I'm Richard with triple R interiors. I've been painting for since 2007...over that time, I've earned my stripes, transitioning from being a painters helper to owning my own painting contractor business. I do not cut corners and I'm here to satisfy my customers 100%!

Austin Lath & Plaster

Austin Lath & Plaster has been serving the central Texas area since 1999. Our experience includes EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System), Stucco, Interior Plaster and Unique Texturing. We also specialize in roofing, painting, and all other exterior home repairs. We specialize in industrial and commercial buildings, custom homes and developing design build projects of all sizes.A true difference is noticed with a true emphasis to detail and craftsmanship. Having complete knowledge of the latest products and applications needed for building at the speed of today’s fast-paced industry, we have the ability to deliver those applications using skilled craftsmen practicing a high degree of quality workmanship, pride and dedication to excellence in their chosen field of endeavor that evident in every facet in our work. contact name - Celso Cedano.512 247 8572 fax (512) 547 2349 Email: austinlath@gmail.com !

Izzy Interior Paint

We specialize in interior painting! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

Remodeling, roofing, patios, decks, fences, general contracting, concrete, handyman services, etc.