NUTEX Mechanical

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2018

4.4

161 S McKinley St

Prosper, TX 75078

We are locally owned and operated and have been servicing the entire DFW Metroplex for almost 10 years. From air conditioning & heating, plumbing or electrical, we specialize in repairs, maintenance and installation to both home and business owners. Our professionals main purpose is to service efficiently, quickly and at a cost affordable to you....

05/15/2019

Eddie S.

My water heater busted in my attic and I had water going everywhere. I called Nutex because they were local and they sent two guys out. They had the water cleaned up and a new water heater installed in a couple of hours. Fair price and great customer service

Description of Work
Water Heater Installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

05/14/2019

Kyle B.

Gentleman who came to my home was very professional and kept everything picked up when he left. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Water heater repair

05/03/2019

Kari R.

Horrible. The customer Service department has the worst communication I have ever seen. They are rude, and I had to initiate all contact with them. They messed up the first set of repairs, causing additional repairs to be needed, and then tried to stick me with the bill. Not to mention that it has been 6 weeks since the second repairs were completed and they still have not come out to replace/fix the soaker hose, sprinkler system and gate that the tunneling company removed/broke. So i haven't been able to water my lawn or foundation for the past 6 weeks. They keep telling me they have set appointments for the repairs to my property, and I take time off of work, and then they don't show up. Steer Clear of this company!!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing repairs

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

02/12/2019

Jeffrey G.

Company was on time and showed up with all materials needed for the job. Price was better than expected and service was top notch.

Description of Work
Hot water heater replaced.

01/31/2019

chad A.

The service was great, plumber was professional and did a great job. I will defiantly use these guys again.

Description of Work
Replaced 50 gallon water heater

01/23/2019

Sharon B.

Technician arrived on time very professional and courteous. I would recommend NuTex.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

01/22/2019

Zachary A.

Our water heater began leaking on a Thursday afternoon - My wife sent me several companies and finally I decided on Nutex Mechanical. They were quick to answer my questions and offered me an appointment to look at what was going on with our water heater. It was old and replacement was the only option. The technician called the office and relayed the information- he was able to provide me with a quote and a possible install date if I wanted to move forward. I felt like they gave me a fair price and the timing was average. When the technician arrived he was friendly and had no problem walking my wife through the process (I was not able to be there for the install). My wife mentioned that they did wear booties, cleaned up their mess and took the old heater away. This company does seem to have a fair pricing and we felt the technician was honest and upfront with us.

Description of Work
Water Heater Install

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/13/2019

April R.

Everything went great, I have 2 water heaters and the tech checked the 2nd one although only 1 wasn't working. He was very pleasant and I received a call informing me he was on his way. The staff and technician were very accommodating to my schedule!

Description of Work
water heater repair

01/03/2019

Kyle B.

Very professional and installers kept us in the loop o veverything that needed to be completed.

Description of Work
Compressor installed to outside unit

12/27/2018

Kay R.

Nutex sent a plumber to fix my hot water heater. The plumber turned off the main power and when he turned it back on, it did not stay on. It took him a few times flipping the breaker until it stayed on. He said the breaker was faulty and could catch fire. I had an electrician check it and he said there was nothing wrong with the breaker and that the plumber just didn't push the breaker hard enough. I contacted Nutex because I am now out the cost of an electrician, and they will do nothing about it. In addition, it took from July to December to resolve a plumbing issue because of lack of responsiveness from customer service and technicians that do not communicate thoroughly.

Description of Work
According to a Nutex employee, I needed a breaker replaced or my house would catch fire.

Category electrician, plumbing, water heater repair

10/02/2018

Heather A.

This company used to be DFW HVAC and Plumbing (search their reviews first). Had my AC repaired by DFW HVAC, the company provided by my home warranty OneGuard, in June. Two weeks ago (after only 3 months of use), my brand new compressor blew. An independent AC Tech advised that it was likely because the system was not properly pressurized. When attempting to track down the company, was first told they were out of business; then was told they merged with Nu-Tex Mechanical, but only the plumbing end; finally, through confirmation from Nu-Tex receptionist, I found out that they do still provide HVAC services and DFW HVAC merged with them. However, they will only offer a 30 day guarantee on their labor for work done through OneGuard. Apparently, the part warranty for the compressor covers replacement, regardless of whether the cause was a faulty part or improper installation, but it costs $500 in labor and refrigerant to replace a compressor. Not much incentive to replace it properly. In fact, sounds like great incentive to do faulty work, especially when work is virtually guaranteed through home warranty companies. One additional note: Notice all of the review for this company occurred after August 2018. This is coincidentally after DFW HVAC "merged" with Nu-Tex. They also left the old unit and all their trash in my attic.

Description of Work
Replace AC system and converted to new refrigerant

09/07/2018

Doug S.

They did some good work with me on the commercial side and residential

Description of Work
They came out and service my a/c, work on my water heater.

08/30/2018

Kathy T.

They were very nice and did a good job. They went above and beyond. I would use them again.

Description of Work
A/C work.

08/30/2018

Corey M.

They are always on time and have great communication.

Description of Work
Different work for multiple management properties as well as my home.

08/24/2018

Corey M.

Went well; called them up and got on scheduled, gave me a heads up, work done in first trip. Easy to deal with. Explained what was going on and gave maintenance tips. Great company and will continue to use and referral.

Description of Work
Plumbing drain issue

Category electrician, plumbing

Jennifer K.

Everything went smoothly and I was very satisfied

Description of Work
I was need my ac unit looked at

Christine S.

Absolutely wonderful. Our tech was on time, extremely nice, professional and did not try to charge for things we did not need.

Description of Work
AC line cleaned out and ac unit maintenance

Lori A.

Excellent !! They were here the next day!! Worked all day on a Saturday!!! Put full system in a/c And heating.

Description of Work
Full HVAC System

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Brittnie P.

Stormy was very friendly and knowledgeable. He repaired my AC quickly and the price was very fair compared to other companies ive used in the past.

Description of Work
AC repairs

Angie C.

Excellent. We were in a bind. It was very hot that day and they came right over. Was fixed in no time

Description of Work
Needed capacitor on ac repaired

Air Repair Pros

Air Repair Pros is greater Dallas' premier source for dependable, affordable, and industry-leading HVAC repair and maintenance services. For over 20 years, the company has forged lasting relationships with Texas homeowners and families, providing dedicated service that operates on integrity, punctuality, and unflagging professionalism. Air Repair Pros not only provides a broad spectrum of different HVAC services but is also a preferred vendor of Trane and Carrier products, ensuring that their customers have access to some of leading technology on the market. Free estimates are offered on all replacement equipment and diagnostic fees are waived for all Comfort Club members. If you are currently experiencing issues with your air conditioning, heating, or air quality, the knowledgeable, friendly professionals at Air Repair Pros are ready to speak to you. Call the company today, seven days a week, for more information on their products and services. Emergency services are available.

Mechanical Comfort Systems Inc

We are a licensed and insured HVAC company. Our employees are certified and highly trained in their feild. We offer service repairs, unit replacement and new installations on all air-conditioning and heating equipment. License #TACLA021383E

LifeTime Air, LLC

We service , repair and or replace all types and brands of heating and air conditioning equipment. We offer free estimates, service agreements as well as preventive maintenance services and even duct cleaning repair or replacement. We guarantee all our work 100% and offer fair prices. Financing available.

TACLA32367E , M-21174
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Air conditioning, heating, plumbing, drain clearings, slab leak repairs, gas leak repairs, sewer line repairs and replacements, electrical, inspection code corrections, water heaters, tankless water heaters etc.