AmCenCo Inc, Construction & Roofing

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2010

2.3

PO Box 2262

Pottsboro, TX 75076

We are General Contractors for all your residential and commerial needs. We offer 5 year labor warranties on roof replacement and as a Certainteed Shingle Master company, we are also able to offer 3 STAR , 4 STAR and 5 STAR extended warranties. Insured and bonded for your protection. Locally

06/05/2012

Diana S.

Overall it was good. Quality is good and price is about normal.

Description of Work
AmCenCo Inc., Construction and Roofing just put a brand new roof on my house.

01/15/2012

kevin W.

Upon the signing of the contract and the half down payment to start the work, it started as a job we were highly anticipating getting done for our porch cover was leaking pretty bad. We had set a date for when the work was to be started and completed for I was leaving town for business and wanted the work completed before I left which was agreed upon at the signing of the contract. Unfortunately this is not what happened as promised, and we still have a leaking porch cover. The first of our problems was not getting reliable help on the day(s) or time(s) promised. Not only were the contractors late, in most cases they were not competent in their skills. Materials either came in really late, or if they arrived on time they were the incorrect items. The roof was constructed incorrectly which has caused the same leaking issues we had from the start, only worse, which occur around the fireplace mainly. The reason for the leaking is because they built the roof on top of the flashing which is a definate path for water to get through. In reality, they built the roof too high and did not compensate for the top runners and sheet metal height thus forcing water to run backwards towards the roof, yet again creating additional problems. After explaining that they need to tear it down and reconstruct it correctly, they proceeded to apply a sealer (multiple times/visits) to stop the leaking. IT STILL LEAKS! They did not complete the task in the time promised and I had to leave town. I told them to wait until I return to complete the job, but they proceeded anyway. Had they waited, they could have reconstructed in at an early stage and corrected the initial problem of building the roof too high and saving all the labor and materials. On the flip side of the coin, they are not warranting their work. I have a small claim court petition against them and per their business addresses can not be located to be served, so it looks as if I am out all that money and need to hire someone else to get the roof fixed. I DO NOT rocommend this company to do ANY work for ANYONE.......EVER! To top it all off, I had to haul off the old roof material at my expense and perform nail/scrap material retreival from my yard. These are also tasks to be performed stated in the contract that were to be completed. Just a warning for the wise, beware if you hire this company for services.

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild porch cover at my residence due to severe leaking when mother nature prevails. These tasks were to include the complete tear down and removal of all old materials, complete clean up of such said work and the construction of the new porch cover.

Category ceramic tile, decks, remodeling, roofing

09/06/2011

Patricia T.

Roofers left nails and shingles all over my yard, my dog got a nail in her foot. The people that he hired to work for him was a framer that was found on Craigslist. He also had his 2 teenage sons working for him which I will say did a good job. the painters did not cover my wood floors and got paint on all the floors (just like the commercial for Angies list) I came home early and they were SCRUBBING my wood floors with sandpaper to get the paint off. He also was going to "do me a favor" and redo my bathroom in which the framer tried to lay marble tiles which ended up being not done right and they are all cracked and broken. Two other contractors that I have had out to bid to repair the damage he did and the work he did said that it is the worse work they have ever seen. There is another home-owner in North Richland Hills that he walked off the job not finished. He has not paid the people he contracted out, a plumber and concrete person. I still do not have my air conditioner, my screens and my gutters are not completed. The police are looking into possible insurance fraud and myself and the other homeowner have contacted a lawyer and are filing a joint lawsuit. I am not a disgruntled customer, he always had an excuse as to why he couldnt come on the day promised, always asking me when the insurance checks were coming. One of the workers let it slip they wasted an entire day because he didnt have the money for the materials. My advise: Dont pay any contractor until they are done. I am now left with a leaky roof, a patched together air conditioner, a bathroom I cant use and ruined wooden floors. We are all waiting for our day in court and when he will have to repay what he has taken from us. I have the pictures to prove the damage and what it looks like. I could of done a better job.

Description of Work
Contractor was hired to redo roof, replace Air Conditioner,gutters,screens all as a result of the storms in April and May.Also hired to redo bathroom , bedroom and closet..

Category contractors, ceramic tile, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, roofing, screen repair, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters

We are very concerned that this client feels this way especially after many communications from her raving about how pleased she was with the result of the project. All concerns that the client had were addressed immediately and completed to her satisfaction. If there are any issues with the roof or the interior, we will honor our warranty to her as outlined in her contract. Ms Tear has been a pleasure to work with and we truly appreciate her business.

08/06/2011

John T.

Good to work with on bid/contract/payment. Tile and drywall work was outstanding. Painters were not experienced (I later understood they were actually primarily framing carpenters) and caused numerous issues and problems (which contractor remediated). Overall job took a week longer than predicted, they stuck with it and got it done. My advice: Up front make certain they provide you with their good, experienced people for each task, not some guys being "repurposed".

Description of Work
Combination of drywall replacement, painting, ceramic tile install, finish trim, tile floor cleaning/sealing. We had a plumbing flood which caused the need for repair.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, interior painters

The completed job turned out well and we thoroughly enjoyed working for the members. Thank you for the review!

A-1 Installation

I specialize in vinyl plank laminate wood and ceramic tile

Rick and Sons Painting

We like to say "we take the pain out of painting". We have been painting since 1994 and have had the opportunity to do many different projects all over the US, commercial like Wal-Mart, government projects like military housing in different bases and residential projects like small starter homes to custom homes of tens of thousands of square feet in size. Now we focus on the residential projects and love applying everything we've learned over the years to maximize our customer experience and assure a 100% satisfaction. We have 5 star rating in Google and most of our work comes from word of mouth, we're family and locally owned with the owner himself being present in every job. What makes us different from the rest is very simple, we do the work one time and in a timely manner, our crew finishes the project without the need to "come back another day for touch up". That gives the customer peace of mind and the freedom to continue onto their daily activities.

A&D Handy Painters

We are A&D Handy Painters and we offer painting services at an affordable price. Our Estimates are Free. We Specialize in Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Drywall Texturing and Repair. We value our work and the customers who provides us our work. We make sure that the work meets your expectations.

Award 2022
    MasterCard, American Express, Check, Visa, Discover

Residential roofing and repairs, skylights, gutters and downspouts, hardi-siding, painting, fencing, flooring, patios, room additions and build outs. We are General Contractors for all your residential and commerial needs. Insured and bonded for your protection.

foundation leveling