Village Green

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2009

1316 J Ave

Plano, TX 75044

Founded in 1980 by Ken Hyatt, Village Green is a family owned business that specializes in lawn care, landscaping, fertilization and weed control, sprinkler repair. We serve North Dallas, Plano, Richardson, Allen, and Frisco, Texas. We would love to earn your business....

07/29/2020

Darryl C.

Neither of Mindy's List top contractors showed sufficient interest in my needs and therefore missed a $10 K project, now completed by an independent contractor!

Description of Work
Complete rehab and updating of round-the-house landscaping

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry you are disappointed with the contractors you attempted to work with. Unfortunately, I don't think we are one of those contractors. We don't have any record of anyone with your name or address having called us. I'm glad you were able to find someone you were pleased with for your project. - Ken, owner and founder

Kevin B.

Village green has been servicing my home for 2-3 years now and my yard looks great. They have been good about coming out to spot-treat weeds on the rare occasion that I spot dallis grass in my yard. They also helped identify a grubworm problem that was affecting a significant patch of my yard (I had attributed it to a sprinkler problem - but the sprinkler was fine). Good service, convenient to pay and ask for help, and no problems.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization and Treatment

Joshua B.

Been with Village Green for 2 seasons now. They have a fantastic fertilization program, quick followup with any questions, and they return quickly with any spot treatment issues when needed. I've used multiple companies over the years and my lawn is in it's absolute best shape since moving to Village Green.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

Category lawn treatment

Thank you for such terrific feedback! I'm glad you're so pleased with your results and our follow-up. Thanks for choosing Village Green for your lawn care company. Ken, Owner and Founder

Susan V.

Am very pleased with Village Green. They are a little more expensive but I feel they are worth it. According to owner they provide benefits for their employees which results in less turnover. Which results in the same person treating your lawn. This person becomes familiar with your yard and its needs.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization & Treatment

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. Yes, we do offer many benefits to our team. We have found that allows us to attract great people plus, as a family owned business, it just seems like the right thing to do for our team. -Ken, owner and founder

Tony G.

Very good company, nice results, friendly staff

Description of Work
Lawn care

03/05/2020

Bill L.

I have used Village Green for several years. They provide fertilization and weed control. The service has been very good and is reasonable.

Description of Work
Lawn care

08/19/2019

Marc K.

We hired Ken and his team to redo our entire 1/2 acre backyard. It was a huge project, and they did an unbelievable job. The communication throughout the entire process was fantastic. They took their time and did ALL the required prep work. Most companies will just come dig a hole, plant something and then cover it up with mulch. They actually created the beds, tilled it at least twice and included compost, and then dug the holes and planted. Prep work is everything when it comes to landscaping. I've made the mistake of hiring the "cheaper" option before, and it shows. You for sure get what you pay for in landscaping. In addition to the plants, their team did extensive work to my existing irrigation system. That turned out really well too. In addition to the plants, my existing grass looks 10x better now too. The follow up so far has been phenomenal as well. Ken has come out a couple times, and so has the irrigation team to ensure everything is getting the appropriate amount of water, etc. They don't just do the job and then forget about you. They make sure that everything is done COMPLETELY. A big shout out to Hannah and her team - Johnny, Miguel and Kristian. They were all amazing. We still have a lot more work that needs to be done, and they'll definitely be the ones getting the work. A+, trustworthy, and just downright good people. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Extensive Landscaping Work on a 1/2 Acre yard and Irrigation

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

05/23/2019

robert R.

not well just fired them after sending two pictures of my poor lawn to the owner and never even got a call back

Description of Work
they were my fertilizer weed control supplier

Category lawn treatment

We worked with this person for several years and I believe had been very responsive to his emails and phone calls until this time. I searched my emails and never received one around this date from him. Where we really dropped the ball was by not following up to find out why he cancelled and attempting to find a solution to his concern. I have reached out to apologize for our mistake. -Ken, Owner and Founder

02/23/2019

Steven B.

Village Green sent me a solicitation that included an account number and which thanked me for selecting their service. By all appearances it looked like a bill - Except I’d never had any communication with them. So, I give them an F for their deceptive advertising.

Description of Work
Weed control

Category lawn treatment

This is Ken Hyatt, Founder and President of Village Green. I don't feel this review is fair. Our system notes say when I spoke with Mr. [Member Name Removed], he wanted us to begin treating his lawn and told me he would like to be notified the day before we came out so he could unlock his gates. We sent an email confirming we would be treating his lawn and he emailed us a reply on February 7th stating... "Perhaps a miscommunication on my part. Didn't intend to confirm and accept new service. Just looking for info and pricing at this point. Thank you." We replied to his email apologizing for the miscommunication and removed him from our list. I hate that we had a communication break-down, but claiming we are using deceptive advertising tactics is a bit harsh considering.

09/15/2018

Mary M.

They were cheaper than the other bid that I got. They were prompt . They were good.

Description of Work
Irrigation work.

Category irrigation systems

I'm glad you were pleased with our service! Ken- President/Founder

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

1st Choice Softwash Solutions

We are a Veteran Owned & Operated Small Business. At 1st Choice Softwash Solutions, we specialize in Roof Cleaning and Low Pressure Exterior Cleaning known as Soft Washing for residential, commercial & small businesses.

Carroll Custom Painting

Carroll Custom Painting employees and trainees are professional painters who have superior skill sets, focus on quality, and share in the company's commitment to exceed client expectations on every job. All jobs are run by the owner (Chris Carroll) from the initial estimate to the final walk through. There are no middle men to deal with or phone numbers of people who never call back. Free estimates. In business since 1966.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Lawn fertilization, weed control & sprinkler repair, mosquito and pest control, landscape design & installation, Residential and commercial Christmas light installation.