Village Green

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2009

1316 J Ave

Plano, TX 75044

Founded in 1980 by Ken Hyatt, Village Green is a family owned business that specializes in lawn care, landscaping, fertilization and weed control, sprinkler repair. We serve North Dallas, Plano, Richardson, Allen, and Frisco, Texas. We would love to earn your business....

07/29/2020

Darryl C.

Neither of Mindy's List top contractors showed sufficient interest in my needs and therefore missed a $10 K project, now completed by an independent contractor!

Description of Work
Complete rehab and updating of round-the-house landscaping

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry you are disappointed with the contractors you attempted to work with. Unfortunately, I don't think we are one of those contractors. We don't have any record of anyone with your name or address having called us. I'm glad you were able to find someone you were pleased with for your project. - Ken, owner and founder

Kevin B.

Village green has been servicing my home for 2-3 years now and my yard looks great. They have been good about coming out to spot-treat weeds on the rare occasion that I spot dallis grass in my yard. They also helped identify a grubworm problem that was affecting a significant patch of my yard (I had attributed it to a sprinkler problem - but the sprinkler was fine). Good service, convenient to pay and ask for help, and no problems.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization and Treatment

Susan V.

Am very pleased with Village Green. They are a little more expensive but I feel they are worth it. According to owner they provide benefits for their employees which results in less turnover. Which results in the same person treating your lawn. This person becomes familiar with your yard and its needs.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization & Treatment

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. Yes, we do offer many benefits to our team. We have found that allows us to attract great people plus, as a family owned business, it just seems like the right thing to do for our team. -Ken, owner and founder

Joshua B.

Been with Village Green for 2 seasons now. They have a fantastic fertilization program, quick followup with any questions, and they return quickly with any spot treatment issues when needed. I've used multiple companies over the years and my lawn is in it's absolute best shape since moving to Village Green.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

Category lawn treatment

Thank you for such terrific feedback! I'm glad you're so pleased with your results and our follow-up. Thanks for choosing Village Green for your lawn care company. Ken, Owner and Founder

Tony G.

Very good company, nice results, friendly staff

Description of Work
Lawn care

03/05/2020

Bill L.

I have used Village Green for several years. They provide fertilization and weed control. The service has been very good and is reasonable.

Description of Work
Lawn care

08/19/2019

Marc K.

We hired Ken and his team to redo our entire 1/2 acre backyard. It was a huge project, and they did an unbelievable job. The communication throughout the entire process was fantastic. They took their time and did ALL the required prep work. Most companies will just come dig a hole, plant something and then cover it up with mulch. They actually created the beds, tilled it at least twice and included compost, and then dug the holes and planted. Prep work is everything when it comes to landscaping. I've made the mistake of hiring the "cheaper" option before, and it shows. You for sure get what you pay for in landscaping. In addition to the plants, their team did extensive work to my existing irrigation system. That turned out really well too. In addition to the plants, my existing grass looks 10x better now too. The follow up so far has been phenomenal as well. Ken has come out a couple times, and so has the irrigation team to ensure everything is getting the appropriate amount of water, etc. They don't just do the job and then forget about you. They make sure that everything is done COMPLETELY. A big shout out to Hannah and her team - Johnny, Miguel and Kristian. They were all amazing. We still have a lot more work that needs to be done, and they'll definitely be the ones getting the work. A+, trustworthy, and just downright good people. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Extensive Landscaping Work on a 1/2 Acre yard and Irrigation

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

05/23/2019

robert R.

not well just fired them after sending two pictures of my poor lawn to the owner and never even got a call back

Description of Work
they were my fertilizer weed control supplier

Category lawn treatment

We worked with this person for several years and I believe had been very responsive to his emails and phone calls until this time. I searched my emails and never received one around this date from him. Where we really dropped the ball was by not following up to find out why he cancelled and attempting to find a solution to his concern. I have reached out to apologize for our mistake. -Ken, Owner and Founder

02/23/2019

Steven B.

Village Green sent me a solicitation that included an account number and which thanked me for selecting their service. By all appearances it looked like a bill - Except I’d never had any communication with them. So, I give them an F for their deceptive advertising.

Description of Work
Weed control

Category lawn treatment

This is Ken Hyatt, Founder and President of Village Green. I don't feel this review is fair. Our system notes say when I spoke with Mr. [Member Name Removed], he wanted us to begin treating his lawn and told me he would like to be notified the day before we came out so he could unlock his gates. We sent an email confirming we would be treating his lawn and he emailed us a reply on February 7th stating... "Perhaps a miscommunication on my part. Didn't intend to confirm and accept new service. Just looking for info and pricing at this point. Thank you." We replied to his email apologizing for the miscommunication and removed him from our list. I hate that we had a communication break-down, but claiming we are using deceptive advertising tactics is a bit harsh considering.

09/15/2018

Mary M.

They were cheaper than the other bid that I got. They were prompt . They were good.

Description of Work
Irrigation work.

I'm glad you were pleased with our service! Ken- President/Founder

07/26/2018

Dale S.

Very responsive! Ken immediately spent time examining my lawn and pointing out his recommendations for insect control, fertilization and irrigation. Very professional and helpful initial meeting, and timely follow-up. A little more expensive than what I expected, but if this is effective it's worth it. I guess time will tell if I see improvement, but I certainly welcome Ken's attention and professionalism! I certainly appreciate Village Green's attention, follow-up and customer communication.

Description of Work
Turf evaluation, proposed turf care services.

Category irrigation systems, lawn treatment

01/24/2018

Rudy I.

The gentlemen from Village did a great job. I called them and others on Wednesday, December 27 and said I needed some painting done as we were going to have some VIP guest in the office Tuesday, January 2nd. I had called several companies and none of them would do the job. But Patrick said I will be right over gave me a quote and was at the office on Saturday to do the work. It turned out to be a larger job than originally thought but his guys stayed here until it was done and done right. I will wholeheartedly use them again. I have recommended them to some of the people in the office already.

Description of Work
Need some Office repainting.

Category irrigation systems, interior painters

As much as we love an A rating, we have never performed work at this home which might be a good thing - we are great at plants and sprinklers but you really don't want us painting any homes.

11/06/2017

JIM R.

All went just fine. Have used them previously with good results also.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system check including freeze sensor. Ended up replacing a couple of valves also.

Category irrigation systems

Thanks so much for choosing us and taking the time to give great feedback.

08/17/2017

Tina G.

We used them for several years. We loved them. They were very, very good. We would be still using them except they don't service where we moved to so we can't but we would definitely if we could.

Description of Work
They fertilized and took care of the lawn. They put on weed preventer and fertilized the lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying our service. Ken

06/12/2017

Marsha S.

Village Green has top quality folks maintaining my sprinkler system. I will use them forever and recommend to anyone. A+ company and A+ service technicians.

Description of Work
Annual check and tune-up of sprinkler system

Category irrigation systems

Thank you so much for the kind words. You might like to know that based upon your review I will be giving Sam, the sprinkler technician who worked at your home, a gift card to a local restaurant as a thank you for a job well done. - Ken - Founder and President

06/12/2017

Wayne P.

They showed up on time and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
I had a some sprinklers that weren't working properly.

06/02/2017

Denise M.

It took a while to actually get the work scheduled (4 weeks) due to limited availability. The crew came out and did the work however the next day there was an error in the sprinkler system (alarm going off on the panel) and the sprinklers ran for about 10 hours without shutting off. (We shut the whole system down). I called to let Village Green know about the issue however it's another week plus before somebody can come back and fix it. They seem like a good company and the guys who came out are very knowledgeable and pleasant. I'll update after the repair.

Description of Work
Our sprinkler system needed to be inspected/maintained and several sprinkler heads replaced

Category irrigation systems

This is Ken Hyatt, Founder and President of Village Green. When I was in school I didn't feel "B" was necessarily a bad grade, but as the owner of Village Green a B and C review are worse to me than a failing grade! After reading this review I went into our system to research where we dropped the ball to see why this valued customer would only give us an A based on our history with them. What I learned is that the customer called on May 1st and we scheduled a service call on May 16th (roughly two weeks which is pretty standard for May one of our busiest months of the year.) We inspected her system on that date and learned that there was substantial work required so we scheduled a second visit from May 31st for 2 of our technicians (we scheduled them at a lower combined rate which saved the customer on the hourly rate.) The customer called us the day after we performed the work (June 1st) and told us the system had run for 10 hours. Our technician returned her call, but was unable to make contact, so he left a voicemail offering to stop by that afternoon. We did not hear back. We followed up on Friday (June 2nd) and offered to bring someone in on Saturday, June 3rd (we don't normally work on Saturdays) but the customer was unavailable. Our next available opening was the following Friday, June 9th which worked for her scheduled so we made the appointment. We called on Tuesday, June 6th because we had an opening in our schedule, and the technician was able to check all zones and we found no issues with the valves or wiring and the controller was set to a total of 120 minutes. Our technician suspected the controller may be the culprit to her problem, they can become erratic when they are starting to fail, so we recommended replacing that as a solution. The customer decided to wait and see if the problem occurred again before investing in a new controller at which point we informed her we would follow-up in a week to make sure the problem was resolved. At that time, the client seemed to be satisfied with our service which is why her B review caught me off guard. After I saw the review, I personally called the customer and left messages on June 8th and 12th but have yet to get a response.

06/02/2017

Denise M.

excellent - super knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair

05/15/2017

Jeffrey M.

Great. They were on time and my yard looks its best ever. They really understand local lawn types and proper treatment.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weed killed nf

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad our service is working so well for you. - Ken

05/04/2017

David G.

They do great work although somewhat more expensive than others. A classic case of getting what you pay for.

Description of Work
Lawn and bed care + fertilization & weed control

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

05/02/2017

Jim P.

They showed up when promised and did a god job.

Description of Work
Fertilized lawn

04/12/2017

Jim R.

They responsded quickly - even gave me a discount on first treatment. Its easy to contact them and if you pay for the year you get another discount.

Description of Work
Chemical lawn care - needed to have someone come and analyaze the lawn and develop a plan to get rid of weeds.

04/04/2017

Kathy T.

We used them for only two applications so far so the results aren't there yet. They got back to us and scheduled quickly. They are expensive but we are willing to pay for it. So far they have been great. He even says on his site and webpage that if you'relooking for a cheap lawn service, we are not tje cheapest in the area, you're going to pay more and you're going to get what you pay for. He's completely honest about, he's saying I charge more. You get what you pay for. They do good work.

Description of Work
They applied pre-emergent.

04/03/2017

Lezlee S.

Great! I have used them for over 4 years and they are very responsive. I would definitely hire them. Owner is very helpful.

Description of Work
Fertilization and weed control

02/14/2017

Joe D.

They're my service company right now. They do eight services a year so it was actually the beginning of February. They're on an eight month program and this is my year with them and they seem to be doing a good job.

Description of Work
I use Village Green for lawn fertilization and treatment. The last thing they did for me was pre-emergent for weeds.

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Landmark Painting

With over 20yrs of Professional Painting experience we offer "Great High Quality Work At Great Price!" A fresh coat of paint or stain can bring new life to rooms, add curb appeal to homes and commercial buildings, and help protect your investment for years to come. We are happy to bid on all types of painting, or staining projects in the North Texas area. We will meet with you, at your convenience, and provide you with a free, written, detailed estimate. There will be no surprise charges added after the fact. Locally owned and operated, we are a small company with big capabilities, including interior painting, exterior painting, commercial painting, deck and fence finishing, and drywall repair and installation. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Landmark Painting on Angi
    Phillips Home Improvements

18 MONTHS FINANCING AVAILABLE - NO INTEREST - NO PAYMENTS (Request Quote for details) Over 25 Years Family Owned and Operated in North Texas! Voted TOP 10 in Texas 2021 by Qualified Remodeler and Guild Quality for Customer Satisfaction. Call Today. Free Estimate. Free In-Home Consultation. Our Project Consultants will love to show you the difference that Phillips truly makes on your needed home improvements. Financing is available. We Thank You for choosing our services!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Lawn fertilization, weed control & sprinkler repair, mosquito and pest control, landscape design & installation, Residential and commercial Christmas light installation.