Ty Ramsey Piano Service Company

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2010

7216 Cloverleaf Dr

Plano, TX 75074

Providing quality piano tuning and repair services since 1976....

02/06/2020

Margaret N.

Ty did a great job, and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

Category piano tuning

Thank you. It was a pleasure to serve you.

06/25/2018

Lonny W.

Smooth as silk. Would use this company again.

Description of Work
Piano Tuning

07/18/2017

Shannon B.

The piano sounds great. Ty knows what he is doing and his prices are very reasonable.

Description of Work
Piano repair and tuning

04/20/2017

Carol M.

The work Ty did was outstanding. He was prompt, professional, polite and he knows his pianos. I strongly recommend using Ty if you need a piano tuned. His experience, expertise and fabulous piano side manner makes him one of the best in my opinion. We are set to have him come again on a regular basis to keep our investment in tip top shape. A well tuned piano is invaluable and if you want to enjoy it for years you need to have it tuned annually and Ty is the guy for the job. My wife and I could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
I needed my piano tuned

Category piano tuning

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure serving you and making a new friend.

04/11/2017

Carol Ann B.

He was very professional and thorough.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

02/04/2017

Paul W.

Mr. Ramsey inspected our piano that had not been tuned for many, many years. In addition, the lid that closes over the keys was broken. He assured us the piano could be brought back to good, playable condition. After giving us an estimate he took the action with him to repair and restore. When he brought it back the following week he throughly cleaned and performed an initial tuning. In the third and final visit Mr. Ramsey finished the repairs and performed a final tuning. The lid closes now and the piano sounds great. Mr. Ramsey was punctual and worked efficiently on each visit. One can tell he is a professional with many years of experience.

Description of Work
Tuning and repair off my wife's cherished childhood piano.

Category piano tuning,musical instrument repair

10/05/2016

Henry V.

Excellent, what was needed to be done was clearly explained. Arrived punctually and worked diligently.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

04/13/2016

Joseph L.

We have used Ty for many years and he has been the only tuner for our piano. We have always been pleased with his service and knowledge. He is very personable, friendly, and also an accomplished pianist. We have recommended him to many of our friends and they have all been very pleased. Definitely a very good value.

Description of Work
Tuned baby grand Kawai piano.

02/25/2016

patsy A.

Ty arrived right on time, took the cover off the piano looked it over and called me back in the room to talk about it. He said he couldn't touch the piano for fear that it was in such bad shape, we would get too deep into repairs for it's value. I laughed and was so grateful for his honesty!! He didn't want to take my money... he wanted me to invest it in a piano worth something. :) He offered to take a look at up to 5 pianos I found on line for his opinion before I bought them. I also want to say that his service charge, he comp'ed as a mercy to my bad piano. :) Really great personality... if I get another piano I would definitely call him back. Thank you Ty!

Description of Work
I have a 1913 'free piano' that I asked Ty to come tune and make usable for my adult piano lessons.

08/04/2015

Jean S.

Very well. Mr. Ramsey handled everything from initial contact by me via e-mail to completion of the job. He sent a reminder the day before the appointment was scheduled, arrived on time, tuned the piano and inspected it. He is competent, knew what melodies to play after turning to check bass and treble balance. He was friendly and professional. The piano sounds very nice to my pianist's ear. I would ask him to come again when needed. Especially refreshing was that Mr. Ramsey did not suggest additional services that the piano needed (because they weren't needed). But after listening to his tuning process, I trust him to suggest when additional work would be needed. He indicated in the appointment-making process that since the piano had not been tuned recently, it could require more than a 1-hour appointment to tune. Upon arriving and doing some arpeggios, he said the piano sounded good and only needed regular tuning. Total time spent on the job was about 50 minutes. Very professional, competent, pleasant to talk to, and businesslike.

Description of Work
Tuned Model L Baldwin Grand Piano and inspected the instrument to do an appraisal of its value.

Category piano tuning

It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for your kind words.

04/02/2015

Nicole T.

He did a good job. He was professional while he was there.

Description of Work
I used Ty Ramsey for piano tuning.

03/18/2015

Doug W.

I used him because of Angie’s List. It wasn’t really cheap but it wasn’t overly expensive. It was really fast and it was good quality. I’ve used them twice. This time they didn’t do any repair or maintenance on it but the previous time, they did a voicing.

Description of Work
I got my piano tuned by Ty Ramsey.

03/16/2015

Beth G.

Excellent! Ty met my expectations (which are very high when it comes to the tuning of my baby:) When he finished he played his wonderful rendition of Wayfaring Stranger Gershwin style! You will be very happy if you choose Ty Ramsey to tune your piano.

Description of Work
tuned my grand

Category piano tuning

Thank you for your kind words. Welcome to Texas. I look forward to having a new friend.

12/31/2014

Bessie G.

It took two visits but he got it in perfect tuning.

Description of Work
Tuned our piano.

11/21/2014

Rebecca L.

Ty has excellent customer service, is very prompt in communicating through his website and email. Very punctual and did a great job tuning our older piano. He even replaced the screws to the piano lid and put it back into place (it had been removed by a previous piano tuner who didn't show up to complete the job.) I appreciate him and look forward to him keeping our piano in tune in the future.

Description of Work
Tuned piano, repaired lid.

10/22/2014

Brian P.

Ty was great! It was very easy to contact, schedule, and pay for services from him. He was responsive to my tuning request through this website and quickly scheduled a time that worked for me. He showed up as promised, on time, and tuned our piano to perfection. He additionally suggested things we could do to preserve the tuning, like a humidifier, given the swings in temperature here in North Texas. His pricing is fair and reasonable when compared to other tuners and those suggested by Steinway & Sons. I'll be using Ty for all of our piano needs in the future.

Description of Work
Tuned new Boston Grand Piano.

Category piano tuning

Thank you for such a detailed review. Your confidence in me is almost enough of a reward. However, I do also like the money. Ha!

09/11/2014

Shane Z.

Prompt, courteous, skilled, professional, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Great experience

Category piano tuning

Thank you for letting me be your piano tuner.

08/28/2014

Russell T.

Mr. Ramsey was simply wonderful to work with. It is easy to see how he is held in such high regard on Angie's List. Our piano required two tunings before he was satisfied with the outcome. Mr. Ramsey would not accept payment until the second tuning was complete and we were satisfied. He was prompt, courteous, professional. It is refreshing to see someone who takes such personal pride in his work. He thoroughly inspected all the action, keys, pedals, etc. Given we are in a somewhat rural area, I was surprised when he quoted us $200 total. I felt it was more than fair. I would recommend Mr. Ramsey's services to anyone without a shadow of a doubt. If there were grades higher than an A I would give them....

Description of Work
Mr. Ramsey tuned our piano. It had not been tuned in many years, and had been moved and stored multiple times since the last tuning. It required two separate tunings.

Category piano tuning

It was a real pleasure serving you and your wife in your beautiful home. I look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you for your kind words.

08/15/2014

Colleen R.

My childhood piano, which has been in storage for four years, is back in tune. Thanks, Ty.

Description of Work
Tuned piano

Category piano tuning

You're welcome. It was a privilege to serve you.

08/09/2014

William S.

Ty contacted us and set up an appointment to come out. He came and tuned the piano and gave us his appraisal on the value of the piano. His professionalism and promptness were very appreciated.

Description of Work
Provided piano tuning service and an appraisal of said piano.

06/13/2014

Jeri H.

Ty came and gave us a price make repairs and replace the felting on the paddles of the sound board to a piano we had just inherited, and tonalso tune it. He gave a mini-education on our particular piano, age, condition, etc., and told us he felt that it was our call on whether or not to proceed with the repairs. Since we inherited it and had basically no money in it, we decided to go ahead with the price to repair it. We agreed to the repair price, he gave us a date of completion, and he followed through on his promises. When we asked for a brief delay in working on the project, due to a sudden, but temporary cash flow setback, he worked with us and reset the date to start the work and complete the job. He was honest, fast, and professional. We will definitely be calling him again!

Description of Work
Replace parts & tune 1965 piano.

Category piano tuning,musical instrument repair

05/14/2014

Jane S.

Ty did an excellent job. He said the piano needed only a minimum of tuning and only charged for a partial tune-up but the piano sound is now so much better that it ever was. The big challenge turned out to be the squeaky pedal which was a result of not one but several different issues. Ty worked diligently to get to the bottom of each and every issue and now the pedal is working beautifully.

Description of Work
Tuned the piano and fixed a very squeaky pedal problem.

04/28/2014

Thomas H.

Ty arrived at the appointed time and assessed what repairs the piano required. He determined that the hammer mechanism needed to be taken back to his shop for repair. He also determined the piano would probably require two tunings since it had been years since it was last tuned and thus he scheduled two return visits. The first visit was to reinstall the hammer mechanism and perform initial tuning. The second was to perform a second tuning of the instrument. The price for the complete job was $400. Ty again arrived at the appointed time to reinstall the hammer mechanism and tune the piano. After reinstalling the hammer mechanism he had to adjust several keys that were still sticking. After getting all of the keys working correctly he tuned the piano. He was surprised at how well the piano tuned up and determine that he would probably not need to perform a second tuning. Since it did not require a second tuning he lowered the price to $325. We are very pleased with work that was performed on our piano and are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Repaired many sticking keys and tuned piano.

Category piano tuning

Thank you for such a detailed review. I look forward to serving you again.

04/27/2014

Richard H.

Professional and very courteous and on time

Description of Work
Professional and very courteous and on time

Category piano tuning

Thank you for your business and your review.

04/23/2014

Ashley R.

He was excellent. He was fantastic, very very honest. He was a real nice guy. He is hugely honest. It was a great deal, and he didn't upcharge us.

Description of Work
I had used Ty Ramsey Piano Service Company. He tuned the piano.

Category piano tuning

Thank you for your review. Honest!
    Piano Tuning
    Musical Instrument Repair
    Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Piano tuning, repairs, regulations, voicing, appraisals, prepurchase evaluations, and piano detailing/cleaning.

Piano moving, refinishing