Reed Fence & Deck Co

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2010

Reed Fence and Deck has been helping homeowners all over the North Dallas Area affordably beautify their homes with custom fences, decks, arbors, patios, and patio covers since 1980. We believe that good decks and fences should adhere to certain standards. Accordingly, Reed Fence & Deck develops structures that consist of a strong design and gives a sense of coherence as well as aesthetic pleasure. A well-organized project takes into account both the nature of the material to be presented and the nature of your landscape, making sure that the enhancement of your property is to your complete satisfaction....

Green Property Services

Our family business has been serving the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for over 38 years! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and guaranteed satisfaction at the best possible price. Our values include professionalism and timely work. Give us a call for projects of all sizes - from estates, starter homes, high rise condos, investment properties and retail locations and restaurants. We will personally help you every step of the way without delay! We would LOVE the opportunity to prove why we are one of Dallas's top general contractors!

Boyles & Sons

⭐ Veteran-Owned Company -- I offer Military Discounts⭐ I have been in this line of business since 1985. The quality of my work has not fade over time, and I value every project as if it were my own. Let's make your dream design a reality!

Offers by Boyles & Sons on Angi
LoneStar Stone Design LLC

We are a family run, 3rd generation masonry company. We take pride in our work and customer satisfaction, we are always aiming to create our customer's vision for their project. We do anything involving stone, brick, stucco, block, and more! We also can help with design if you are not quite sure exactly what you want. Out specialties include outdoor kitchens, outdoor fireplaces, firepits, outdoor fireplace/TV wall combinations, retaining walls, and any veneer on buildings! Whatever your masonry project is, we can create it!

12/10/2020

Diane C.

The quality of the work exceeded our expectations. Every step of the way, the craftsmanship was exemplary. Workers were courteous and conscientious. The project took six weeks, which was not unreasonable, given the size and scope of the job. The only way it could have been improved would have been if communication had been better. Since multiple crews were involved, we didn't always know whether a team of workers would be coming on a given day until they arrived.

Description of Work
We replaced an old and damaged wrought iron fence, replaced old broken paving bricks with a stained concrete patio and sidewalk, and had a porch built on the side of our house.

Category decks,concrete driveways,fencing,wrought iron,patios

08/19/2020

Maureen M.

We used Reed Fence & Deck to build a pergola in our backyard. We solicited several bids. Shane Reed was the only one who arrived on time and sent us the bid in the time promised. He gave us the best bid for the project. He was also the only one who brainstormed how to build the pergola so that we would not lose as much usable patio space. Both he and his project manager visited while the crew was constructing the project. The crew was professional and did beautiful work. Shane also referred us to an electrician who did a phenomenal job wiring the pergola. We are thrilled with the pergola and recommend Reed Fence & Deck highly if you have any work to be done.

Description of Work
Building a pergola over our patio

Category decks

06/26/2018

Ralph T.

After calling around to several fencing companies, found Reed in Angie's List with a coupon for repair. Booked and paid for the repair over the phone. We were not at home when they came (as planned), but the repair was completed on our return, and was all that one could ask for.

Description of Work
Fence repair.

02/01/2018

Linda W.

The fence looks absolutely beautiful and we love it!!! It is the best-looking fence on the block. The workers were extremely professional and very knowledgeable regarding the installation and staining of our fence. We are so pleased with the fence that we are considering having a deck built and will definitely be calling Reed Fence & Deck Co. We highly recommend Reed Fence & Deck Co.

Description of Work
We recently moved to Terrell, TX and the home we bought had a horrible fence and we couldn't even let our dogs outside because they could get out all of the holes in the bottom of the fence. We called Reed Fence & Deck Co. and had an absolutely beautiful wood fence installed. Then they came back and stained the fence and it is even more beautiful. Tiffany is the young lady that works in the office and she extremely intelligent and kind woman. She so helpful and walked us through the whole process.

07/14/2017

Rose C.

Reed Fence and Deck was excellent. They came and gave me an estimate. They explained everything that needed to be done. I have a pool so a retaining wall was built on the alley side and up along the side of the house. They did the job in 3 days and made sure everything was cleaned up. They came back to stain the fence a month later. This is because the wood has to "cured" before it can be stained. Staining was done in half a day. I would recommend Reed Fence to anybody. We are very happy with our beautiful looking fence. A very professional company.

Description of Work
Needed a new backyard fence.

Category fencing,driveway gates

05/12/2017

SAMIR D.

Really well. Responsive. Adaptable schedule. And very communicative. We were both "on the same page" during the whole process.

Description of Work
Fence replacement with gates

12/19/2016

brian W.

I did not hire this company. They came out, we discussed the project, they said they would give me a bid within 36 hours, I had to follow up 3 days later when I received no bid, and when a bid finally arrived, it was laughably overpriced. An utter waste of my time.

Description of Work
Decking and fencing

Category decks,fencing

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied with with fence quote we provided. It looks like we provided an estimate for you in December 2015. I did look over the bid again and it was priced correctly at our standard price per foot for the style of fence you requested. Reed Fence & Deck has been in business since 1980 and I am very confident that our prices are competitive with many other companies, based on experience, quality of product and quality of service. Kind Regards, Shane Reed President Reed Fence & Deck

11/20/2016

Jeanie C.

Sent a message on 11/6/16 through Angie's List to have someone give an estimate for gate repair. No response at all.

Description of Work
Fence gate repair

Category fencing,driveway gates

Dear [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry to hear that we failed to respond to your request. I take it upon myself to attempt to reply to all of our potential leads. Unfortunately, when things get hectic I have a few that slip through the cracks. We currently do not offer repair services but I still should have responded to inform you of our policy. Kind Regards, Shane Reed President Reed Fence & Deck

09/06/2016

Linda B.

I used Reed Fence & Deck Company to put a fence around my last home. It was so beautiful and still looked new when I moved 5 years later. Naturally I hired them to fence my new home. Shane Reed worked with me designing exactly what I needed. My fence is pre stained cedar, board on board with an electric gate. They also built a smaller fence to keep my dogs off the driveway away from the electric gate. The workmen were prompt and professional, even in the brutal Texas heat. Shane was only a phone call away and everyone communicated promptly to keep me up on rain delays and arrival times every day.

Description of Work
They built a fence around my home

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

04/28/2016

Alan P.

Amazing service from the Reeds! I called and left a message on a Sunday and didn't expect a return call until at least Monday or later. A few hours later Tiffany Reed called me back from a ski trip in Utah! I was immediately impressed that they were interested in gaining my business (many companies I called didn't return call first days). I always get at least five estimates on large purchases and I was blown away by the professionalism in which Shane Reed presented himself and his company. After getting his estimate (which wasn't the lowest or the highest) and chatting with him I knew who was going to build our new fence. Shane is a very honest and straightforward person and he made me feel as if my job was personally special to him. His guys came out, dismantled my old fence and set the posts in one day! The absolutely beautiful retaining wall was built in two days and the fence was complete in another two days. Five days from beginning to end on the project! All throughout the process Shane was in and out to supervise his guys and always kept me informed on how the process was going. His guys were polite, professional and hard working. The fence is absolutely gorgeous and all of my neighbors are envious! If you're thinking about fence or deck work I highly recommend Reed.

Description of Work
New stone retaining wall and board on board 6' & 7' cedar fence.

Category decks

Fences, Decks, Arbors & Gazebos, Patio Covers, & Patios.

Fence, Deck, Arbor or Gate repairs are not offered at this time.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check