PTI Interiors & Luxurious Hardwoods

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2009

PO Box 865011

Plano, TX 75086

PTI INTERIORS AND HARDWOODS IS YOUR COMPLETE INTERIOR RE-FINISHER FROM KITCHEN TO BATH AND EVERYTHING BETWEEN

06/20/2016

David S.

Mike (sales representative) was the gentlemen we communicated with the most and overall he was very polite and responsive. The issue we had with PTI Interiors was their lack of general liability and workman's compensation insurance. Owning a contracting firm of my own these two items are paramount because if anything occurs at a customer's property both the contracting company and the homeowner have some reasonable amount of protection in the event of loss. I completely understand there are other companies on Angie's List that do not have these coverages, but what bother me the most is how PTI attempted to avoid the issue when they were first asked to provide proof of their insurance. Mike's initial response was that my request to see this documentation was not "customary" and their company had completed several much larger projects and they never had to provide proof of insurance. This raised all kinds of red flags to me personally, so I went back through all of their past reviews on Angie's List and found a review by another customer that used their services only to have hardwood floors infested with beetles that required the entire install to be removed and replaced. If you are interested in using PTI you need to go back through all of their past reviews on this website and make a final judgment for yourself if this company is worth doing business with. Regardless, the two items every homeowner should demand from a contractor is proof of insurance and a release of lien when payment is made in full. If the contractor is unwilling, take your business else where.

Description of Work
Provided a quotation to install and resurface hardwood floors.

12/01/2015

Christina K.

08/20/2015

Douglas W.

Marty Saling, the owner of PTI Interiors, was on top of all work and has a great service attitude. We have already recommended him to others.

Description of Work
Installed new flooring and managed remodeling projects.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

06/16/2014

Bradley J.

Went well - a few pieces of furniture were damaged during moving out and back - but, all work was done in a timely and efficient manner.

Description of Work
Replaced flooring (both wood and carpet) in all rooms but bedrooms, bathrooms, and laundry room

06/18/2013

Quynh-Dao P.

They were very knowledgeable of their service. The price was not cost effective for me.

Description of Work
I used PTI Hardwoods for ceramic tiles.

Category ceramic tile

05/02/2013

Carol T.

Fabulous= I have had them done before and was having to have them refinished every year. PTI is like day and night. The floors are now fabulous. Thank you

Description of Work
Rescrape and stain floors

09/08/2012

Shelli C.

He did a large area of hardwood floor. He is very knowledgeable and works great with insurance. Very customer oriented with a good sense of design.

Description of Work
Floor, Painting, Repair sheet rock/drywall, remodel kitchen for granite counter top, sinks, faucet

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

08/03/2012

Chris W.

I can't say enough about these guys. From the minute we walked in their business, we were treated with respect and patience by manager Marty Saling. Marty is a pro's pro, he know this biz inside and out. This was a long process, 5 weeks from beginning to end, but we are ecstatic with the results. It took 3 days to lay the flooring, then we let them settle for 3 1/2 weeks, then 3 1/2 half days to sand and finish the floors. Different crews do each step and these guys know what they're doing. We got real oak hardwood floors for the same price Lowe's wanted for manufactured flooring. There is no whatsoever comparison in quality. I very happy my wife heard their ad on the radio and we couldn't be happier about the result. These guy totally rock......

Description of Work
PTI Hardwood Flooring installed floors in the majority of our home, in 4 bedrooms, 2 halls and a dining room.

Category flooring contractor

05/19/2012

Tim C.

Very well, PTI had one of the lowest prices we looked at but were very professional and installation was top notch.

Description of Work
Hardware flooring installed.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

09/09/2011

Joann F.

It was shockingly smooth. Marty ROCKS!

Description of Work
I hired PTI, specifically Marty Saling, to do the remodel on a house I had purchased (built in the '60s and never redone) - including all new hardwood floors, replacing doors, reworking the cabinets in the kitchen, building out a new closet, and adding new built in cabinetry as well as painting the entire interior and exterior. It's like a whole And I've never been happier with a decision. Marty was on budget, on time -- and he is just a marvelous man all around. I would highly suggest hiring him. I've handed his name out to all my friends and family. He has great ideas to help, but he also knows how to make someone else's vision come alive. If I could have given him something higher than an "A", I would have. I have another phase or two to go before I am completely done. And he is getting the only phone call for that.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

07/19/2011

Kathleen J.

PTI Hardwoods installed an oak wood floor in June 2009 in our home. May 14, 2010 our exterminator determined we had powder post beetles in the wood floor. We contacted PTI; they replaced some boards on May 20,2010. President, Marty Saling said to call him if we see any more beetle activity. I called May 31, 2010 with more beetle activity and all the phone numbers were on longer working. Could not find PTI anywhere. I sent a self-addressed, stamped envelope and letter to Mr. Saling at his Garland home address asking for help in finding the provider of the wood and any help he could offer. I did receive the original letter back with a penciled notation of a wood distributer in Tennessee. I called them and they had no other complaints of powder post beetle infestation. Mr. Saling was a wood distributer and installer. Now Mr. Saling is back in business and has come to my home and inspected the floor, Feb. 24, 2011. He stated that we needed a new floor; that he was an honest man and would do us right. He also stated we would have a new floor by the end of May 2011. Mr. Saling then asked us to claim the floor under his liability insurance which denied the claim, March 16,2011. We have talked with Mr. Saling several times since the denial of the claim and he always says he will get back with us but has not done anything for months. Powder post beetles live in hardwood and do not leave. They bore out of the wood, mate and usually go back in the same hole they came out of. There is beetle activity in every room with the wood floor. They appear from 9-12 months after the floor is installed; and are active from spring through the fall leaving powder dust piles every time they bore through the floor. An entomologist from Texas Aand M, the exterminator and our research along with Mr. Saling have determined the wood floor requires replacement for the beetle infestation to be erradicated and resloved. The cost of the wood floor was $7768.09. I have been told it would cost $2000.00 to remove the beetle infested floor. Our desire is that Mr. Saling would replace the floor as he stated on Feb. 24, 2011. The workmanship and wood floor itself is of highest quality and we are very pleased with the exception of the powder post beetle infestation.

Description of Work
Red Oak wood floor was installed. Two weeks later the floor was scraped, stained and finished. Some shoemolding was installed.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Please be advised that Parvenu Enterprises dba PTI Hardwoods filed for chapter & bankruptcy on May 28, 2010 and is no longer in business. PTI Hardwoods, LLC located at 11010 Ohio Suite 108 Plano, TX 75 093 is not anyway affiliated nor their owners with Parvenu Enterprises. With that said I wish to inform you that Parvenu Enterprises dba PTI Hardwoods did not manufacture the wood floor that was installed at the Jennings residence but purchased it directly from the manufacturer. Parvenu Enterprises dba PTI Hardwoods did purchase the wood installed and finished the floor. Parvenu Enterprsoes dba PTI Hardwoods made an effort in May of 2010 to remove the effected boards with detailed instruction to the contractor to remove the boards from said residence so that no possible re-infestation could take place. Upon the last review meeting with the member, the member brought out a trash bag of infested boards that she had stored in her home which possibly could have caused there to be re-infestation of the home. I am enclosing a copy of the Parvenu Enterprise warranty that states insect infestation is excluded from being covered by said warranty. Marty Saling, Ex CEO Parvenu Enterprises.

08/06/2009

Rebecca M.

Since we hadn't moved in yet we removed carpet/tile/baseboards ourselves and no furniture to move which brought down the price a bit. First stage of the install was the actual wood floors which they installed with a crew of 7 in 2 days. 2 weeks later a crew of 4 came to scrape, stain and seal the floors within 3 days. Truly a custom wood floor, we picked out our stain and scrape texture in the house so it was easy to see what would work. We worked with John Rudolf out of the Plano office, he was very attentive and made sure all questions were asked along the way. He also stopped by the house while the work was in progress on numerous occasions. I think it helped that we live only a few minutes away. Debbie in their store was also very pleasant and helpful to deal with. If I were going to put new hardwoods in again I would definately use PTI. There were a few things I didn't think about before hand though. For example the plugs in one of our rooms was fine with baseboards before but the hardwoods moved the floor up about an inch so we had to move the plugs up in order to get baseboards back in. Another thing that bothered me at first was the slight sloped step up from carpet to hardwoods that now exists. It was sort of annoying at first but now we don't notice. The only problem(if u can call it that) we had was the stainers forgot to do the thresholds. Once we brought it to their attention they were ready to have someone come the next day to finish it. The crews were courteous and helpful.

Description of Work
We had them install red oak #1 common(probably the most affordable) hardwoods in around 1100 sq ft. of our home, we went with an Antique Brown stain and Satin finish. They are absolutely beautiful!!! They do crack/creak every once in a while but that's normal with wood floors.

Category flooring contractor

Parsanko Home Repair, LLC

We are a local, family owned business with over 15 years of quality craftsmanship in home construction. PHR prides itself on reliability, great communication, integrity, and excellent quality of work at affordable prices.

Offers by Parsanko Home Repair, LLC on Angi
    Tiger Custom Cabinets

Award 2022
    Hard Rock Imports

Hard Rock Imports offers high quality quartz countertops, marble countertops, and granite countertops design, fabrication, and installation in the Dallas and Plano Texas areas. We have over 40 years of combined experience in both natural stone countertops and engineered stone countertops materials like quartz. Our high quality craftsmanship includes our impressive mitered edges and near invisible seams. We service the greater Dallas and Plano areas with our fabrication facilities located in Dallas. Which gives us an edge over many suppliers in the market with better quality control and more competitive pricing. All of our installations are performed by Master Installers. This assures you of the highest level of craftsmanship to maximize the beauty of your home. Our customers range from individual homeowners, businesses, contractors, and multi-unit housing developments. Our focus is on offering quality countertops at the best value in the area. Backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee! Contact us today for a Free Estimate or to talk with a countertop expert.

Award 2022

General repairs to wood floors, custom staining, wax, custom wall base, native and exotic hardwoods, pattern floors, stairs, remodeling - kitchen, bathroom, countertops & cabinets.