Nielsen's Remodeling

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2012

At Nielsen’s Painting & Remodeling we are a design-build firm that specializes in kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, and major home improvement projects. Our #1 priority is keeping communication and clarity while offering top of the line quality and an excellent customer service to each and every one of our clients. ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+42 more images

home remodeling (11)interior painting (104)house painting (36)drywall (23)cabinet refacing (8)door installation (7)woodworking (5)wallpaper removal (5)pressure washing (2)epoxy flooring (1)hardwood floors (1)

02/25/2021

Steve C.

Excellent!! Very professional and courteous. True quality workmanship. They take pride in their work!

Description of Work
Tile floors, sheetrock, and painting

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind review! It was a pleasure to work on your home projects, and we are glad to have left you very satisfied with the outcome of your improvements! We will be looking forward to helping you with any other projects you may have in the future! Enjoy every room.

09/23/2020

Carol M.

No one from this company contacted me.

Description of Work
Trim patch & paint; re-stain fence

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for giving us your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have searched our records and were not able to find your quote request. Please let us know what site did you use to request the quote so we can address this accordingly. We can definitely help with you project. Please let us know what is the best way to reach you so we can contact you to schedule an appointment. Sincerely, Nielsen's Painting & Remodeling

08/22/2020

George S.

Nieslen's crews worked in every room in our house. Total project took 41 days and the results are amazing.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, bath remodel, new floors, new baseboards, paint

Category drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed] for your kind review! It was a pleasure to work on your home projects, and we are glad to have left you very satisfied with the outcome of your improvements! We will be looking forward to helping you with any other projects you may have in the future! Enjoy every room.

04/21/2020

Debra M.

Nielsen's Painting and Remodeling took care of all the work - new kitchen cabinet doors, counter tops, fixtures, lighting, painting inside and out, fixing water damage, and new gutters. Professional workers, and great attention to detail. Highly recommend. Will definitely use again when need arises!

Description of Work
Kitchen update, interior, exterior painting

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Thank you so much for your business as well as your feedback [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to work with you on your project. We will be ready to help whenever you need any other home improvement. Thanks again for your recommendation and trust in us.

03/02/2020

Marcel D.

It took a week to get a quote. There were a bunch of communication problems between the person who came out to my house, the contractor, and the receptionist who answers the phone. The quoted price contained items on it that weren’t necessary to completing the project, which tells me they aren’t in the best interest of the customer. I’m sure they would have done a great job, but I did all the leg work on this project including demo, soldering the pipes, and buying all materials. A basic install of a tub and 4 piece surround shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Plus I was never able to speak to the contractor who actually provided the quote. If you’re going to over charge for things, I should be able to at least hear the explanation from you personally.

Description of Work
Basic install of new bathtub and surround

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations in regards to this project. We did explain that even though you did a lot of work, we would have to un-do what you did in order to guarantee our plumbing warranties. When you first brought concerns, we recommended that you reach out to a plumber directly in order to save you money. As you know we are a general contractor we specialize in managing more complex projects including but not limited to full kitchen and bathroom remodels. When we saw that this was a straight forward project we advised that you deal with a plumber directly which you agreed was best for both parties. Thank you so much for expressing your concerns to us. We will be sure to pass this along to the project manager to avoid this in the future. If there is anything else that we can do for you, feel free to reach out to our office and we would be more than happy to help!

09/15/2019

Robert O.

I have a two story house that is 17 years old with original exterior paint. Nielsen came out and surveyed the house and sent a very detailed professional quote. Based on their good reviews, the professionalism of Nielson and Ana, and competitiveness of the quote, I decided to go with them. The painters were Juan and Luis. I work from home so I could see the work as performed. As listed in the quote, they covered all bushes and furniture, then pressure washed the entire exterior. They caulked all the windows, doors, and joints on both stories, including the three porch areas. They replaced two sections of warped wood on the garage door frame. They siliconed the brick expansion joints. Then they painted one section at a time, taping and covering outside the paint surfaces. They also painted the metal flashing that looked terrible. The paint job was smooth with no running or blotches. They hand brushed where needed. Juan and Luis did a great job and smiled broadly when I told them so, indicating they take pride in their work.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim and doors

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

04/10/2019

Danna M.

Nielsen's Painting & Remodeling replaced a bunch of wood on the exterior of my house that had rotted. They also replaced the facing on my front porch with cedar and stained it to match my fence. The work was of very high quality and was performed in three days. The cedar recommended by Nielsen and a new color of paint have improved the house's appearance 100%. I will definitely be using them again with remodeling of interior spaces!

Description of Work
Repair and replace exterior wood and repaint.

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind review! It was a pleasure to work on your project, and we are glad to have left you very satisfied with the outcome of your improvements! We will be looking forward to helping you with any other projects you may have in the future!

12/03/2018

Angela A.

We have used Nielsen's services in the past when we had wallpaper stripped, wall textured and painting of the interior of our home. He did an excellent job and very pleased with the outcome along with the prep work & clean up. We knew we would use his services in the future. Fast forward to about 5 years later when we decided to purchase a "fixer upper". Due to the contract agreement when we purchased the fixer upper we ended up using another GC for all interior work that our realtor provided us & part of the "deal" which ended up not being that at all. Unfortunately it was not a positive experience and ended up being very costly. We were having water coming in the house from rain which other contractor never addressed. We were kind of forced to start working on the exterior to address these issues. This turned into another major renovation with the exterior this time. I had seen Nielson's fb posts and realized he had expanded his business to remodeling. I gave him a call & he came out and did a thorough bid. I'll go over the highlights of what all we had done. New gutters, repair/replace siding, repair/replace facia, close up an opening with roof, aluminum ceiling in multiple areas replaced with cedar, new cedar railing, new cedar covered patio, tear down of pergola, paint brick and siding of entire home, stain cedar, repair/replace garage door frame, new shingles on additions, new metal roof on sunroom, painting of interior glass to block view of outside along with addressing our rain issues our previous contractor failed to do (let me say Nielsen went above and beyond tackling this issue and would not stopped until it was addressed). Let me also mention it rained almost the entire month of October when we were doing the bulk of the work! Even with that he was having his crew out working whenever it wasn't raining. I was throughly impressed with his coordinating trades and pulling permits (um, not all contractors are honest about this!!). Any issues we ran into (mainly the rain), he was on top of it and dealing with it. He is easy to work with, always greets you with a hand shake and a smile. He aims to please and make sure you are happy with the work being done. It just takes one bad experience to make you appreciate the honest, hard working contractors that are out there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone! Thank you Nielsen and staff for making this experience not only positive but on budget (no hidden costs and anything additional to the bid we knew about and approved). *Last picture is of covered patio which was still being worked on & now complete.

Description of Work
Major exterior renovation

Category remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

Review for Nielsen's Remodeling - 1104 Summit Ave. Suite 100, Plano, TX - 37586446

Wow, thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review! We made sure to take the necessary steps possible to see that your project was completed properly the first time. Not all tasks you had given us were easy but with our communication and staying on top of everything that needed to be completed I do think we made a great team! Once again thank you for taking the time leave us a review, we have enjoyed working with you again and making sure that we take care of you and your project.

12/01/2018

Kimberly L.

Nielsen and his crew were great to work with. Schedule was followed as planned, all crews were polite and professional. We are very happy with the results and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

It was a pleasure getting to work with you on your project! We hope to have exceeded all of your expectations on how you saw your project turning out. We work to make sure our schedules are planned accordingly and stay on track. We look forward to working with you in the future and feel lucky to have had this opportunity to work with you!

10/06/2018

Sumesh C.

I've hired Nielsen for two jobs so far and highly recommend his services. His crew was friendly, responsible, and did a great job - I felt comfortable leaving them in the house to complete the job. Nielsen quoted a fair price and gave me a lot of ideas for things I could do in the future. Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and Painting

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words towards Nielsen's Painting and Remodeling. We strive to bring our valued customers reassurance in knowing you can trust our company with your project. We have enjoyed working with you on your project to make sure that you were left completely satisfied. We look forward to working with you any future projects you may have!

08/01/2018

Chris C.

I hired Nielson 6-7 years ago to paint my chimney he painted it and replace a couple of rotten boards. Other painters were going to paint right over the bad wood. This past year I had him paint the entire exterior of my house. The work was done on time and to my satisfaction. When I am able, I will ask him to paint the interior of my house as well as some remodeling work. I highly recommend Nielson Painting and Remodeling.

Description of Work
Nielson has done a couple of exterior painting jobs for me.

Cost $2,378.5

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words we loved getting to work with you on your project and look forward to working with you again in the future!

03/08/2018

Richard A.

Would not come out from Plano to Bedford without a non-refundable $150 trip charge, even to provide a quote. Would not recommend due to this gouge.

Description of Work
Framing and sheetrocking

Category drywall, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry that we were unable to help you on your project. Unfortunately Bedford is out of our service area. The main areas where we offer services are Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, a couple more cities in Collin County, Preston Hollow and some areas in Dallas. We are a small company and we want to make sure that the project managers are always within 30 minutes from our projects' locations in case their presence is required at any given time. We are thankful that you considered our company for your project. Unfortunately in cases where the address does not meet the necessary criteria, we had to come out with a $150 fee for the estimate. Since it would take approximately 3 hours out of a day for us to give a quote outside of the radius where most of our projects are. We hope to expand and be able to serve more areas in the metroplex in the near future. In the mean time, we apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. Once again, thank you very much for considering Nielsen's Painting & Remodeling !

11/16/2017

Raymond C.

Nielsen’s Painting worked with my schedule to review project and provide quote remotely. At completion an on-site inspection was coordinated on our schedule. Great work!

Description of Work
Exterior paint and stain

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

We are glad to have left you a satisfied customer! It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to hearing from you with future projects! Thanks so much.

11/09/2017

Joyce P.

I was very pleased with the outcome. The job was completed promptly and done well.

Description of Work
painting two rooms

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

Your honest review means so much to us! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you, we are glad that you're pleased with the outcome!

11/05/2017

David W.

The estimate for the work was within range of other estimates but the quality far exceeded other companies I have hired in the past. The team was punctual, thorough, and very attentive to details. Based upon my experience and the professionalism and quality of the work completed I would certainly hire Nielsen's again and furthermore would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Repair and re-stain 3 solid wood exterior doors.

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

We do appreciate your feedback, and are also very happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. You thinking of us when considering passing our name off to friends and family means a lot. We enjoyed working with you and hope to hear from you soon with your future projects! Thanks, Niel

09/18/2017

Susan P.

Great job, well prepped all work was high quality and on time. Very easy to work with. No surprises.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

It was a pleasure working with you [Member Name Removed]. We do thank you for trusting your project with us. Glad you are satisfied! Thanks, Niel

08/22/2017

Bev P.

Very happy with work done! Quality work, reasonably priced!

Description of Work
Kitchen Reno, painting, fireplace, reno

Category remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for letting us help with this project! We are so happy you are a satisfied customer! We hope to hear from you soon.

08/08/2017

Amanda E.

Everything went smoothly. They started the project on time and finished early. Everything was clean, tidy, and working well when they left! Everyone on the team was polite and professional.

Description of Work
Had popcorn ceilings scraped and painted in two rooms. Had five light fixtures replaced as well as vent hood in the kitchen.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure working on this project for you! I am glad to see you are enjoying the remodels.

05/09/2017

Steve K.

The crew sent to paint our house was very professional, arrived on time and worked diligently throughout the day. Finished product fully meets expectations. Would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Engaged Nielsen's to paint exterior of my house.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

Your expectations were our number one concern, we are happy to have left you satisfied. Thank you for putting your trust in us!

03/14/2017

Ann M.

Excellent, did everything they said they would. Showed up when they said they would. Started & completed the job as originally said they would.

Description of Work
Painting & drywall repair in several rooms.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

Thank you for trusting us with your projects! We are happy you're satisfied with the outcome.

02/21/2017

Keri N.

Nielsen was very helpful with his suggestions for colors & materials and directed us to a great tile shop to further assist with our selections. Nielsen's team was very professional & friendly while they were in our home, and after the work was completed they were great with finishing up the details. We look forward to working with them again in the future!

Description of Work
Nielsen's team remodeled our kitchen. The remodel included new pendant lighting, floor tile, back splash, ceiling popcorn removal, & painting the cabinets, walls & ceiling. They also helped install some shower & sink fixtures and installed additional can lights in the kitchen & master closet.

Category home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

Review for Nielsen's Remodeling - 1104 Summit Ave. Suite 100, Plano, TX - 34499634

Your review means so much to us! Thank you for putting the trust of your project in our hands. We are glad you satisfied with the work and are always here to help!

02/20/2017

Lynn P.

I phoned and left several messages with no reply. Made me sad considering they had nice reviews and I hate leaving a poor review but it would have been really simple to just return a phone call.

Description of Work
Full house interior painting + kitchen cabinets painted

Category drywall, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 10/19/2016