Lawn Tech Corporation

Texas Department of Agriculture
01/31/2023

1417 CAPITAL AVE

Plano, TX 75074

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

The Lawn Tech program of continuous treatments combined with top quality nutrients and weed control virtually guarantees you are going to love your lawn! Our 5 Step Plan to a beautiful lawn has been hailed by our customers as "The" way to go when it comes to having "The best lawn on the block". We offer a wide variety of different services to choose from when your lawn needs the services of a professional. Additional phone - (800) 529-6227. Additional DBA - Christmas Decor by Lawn Tech....

lawn treatment (133)pest control (3)holiday decorating (2)lawn care (26)lawn & landscaping (3)wallpaper removal (1)

03/17/2021

Sandi P.

I'm impressed. These people are so nice and friendly to deal with.

Description of Work
1st service call

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

12/23/2020

Courtney R.

Their staff was great! From getting our initial quote to scheduling the installation to actually putting up the lights- they were helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly! We get so many compliments on our Christmas lights! We will definitely be hiring them each year to put up our lights!

Description of Work
Christmas light installation

Category holiday decorators

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

06/25/2020

Sabrina E.

They responded quickly and were were professional with the estimates.

Description of Work
We have weeds in our backyard that need to be treated and pulled, we also need general lawncare

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thank You [Member Name Removed], Its great to hear from satisfied customers. We will work hard to keep you that way.

06/06/2020

Curt C.

Only 5 visits per year and $345 per visit - not onsite enough and too expensive. I'm going elsewhere.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and Weed/Crabgrass control

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

Thank you for allowing us to give you a proposal only(no service provided).There are a few things I would like to state. The most obvious reason for the difference in pricing from different companies would be the areas of the property that were measured. You can see from the proposal sent to you earlier that we included the entire property. If you do not wish to treat all that area we would certainly reduce the size to your liking. If the other company measured the same areas then some other factors come into play. The most notable of those would be what does each company do on each visit and how many visits do they do. I can only speak for certain of our program, but owning this business for 35 years I can speak form knowledge about most of the others. We do five treatments per year (as recommended by Texas A&M) vs most other companies doing 7,8 and some as many as 10 visits per year. Each of our treatments includes multiple services applied on one visit, such as Pre-emergents, post emergent and fertilizers. We also offer free service calls in between treatments if it looks like the last one is not delivering the desired results. Others (not all though) split these applications into separate visits. We also treat all the shrub and flower beds along with the walkways and driveway cracks and crevasses, on each visit, for weeds and grasses. We put out a pre-emergent three times a year in the shrub and flower beds also. While there we also treat any visible Fire Ant mounds free of charge. My final comment about a company doing your size lawn (Over 39000 SqFt) for $ 346 including the trees and shrubs beds would be to make sure of what they are going to be doing. That is only $8.00 per thousand SqFt. A quality fertilizer alone is around $3.00 per thousand and that doesn’t include labor and associated cost or any of the weed control products much less the products the trees and shrubs would need. Again, I hope it works okay for you but if it doesn’t please consider us again. Thank you for considering Lawn Tech David

04/17/2019

Judy B.

Excellent We have contracted with Lawn Tech for many years and they have always did a good job. If they miss something, all you do is call and they are right back out. Very nice people to work with.

Description of Work
Yearly contract for fertilizing our lawn

Cost $46.26

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

04/05/2019

Cindy C.

They did a great job for several years. Then they said I had army worms, which they said they didn't need to spray for. Within a few weeks I had NO GRASS at all!!! It was obvious they sprayed something on my line, because you could see a definite line between my yard and my neighbors yard. I showed it to one of the young men who agreed he had never seen anything like this and told the manager who said, "we will make it right". Well they didn't and I had to replace my entire front yard!!!!!!!! $3,000!!!!! When other yard men would come they ALL agreed something had been used incorrectly, but Lawn Tech would not admit or "make it right" as they had promised. They started off great, but ended terribly. I'm so disappointed in the work they "didn't" do.

Description of Work
entire lawn died

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

Review for Lawn Tech Corporation - 1417 CAPITAL AVE, Plano, TX - 37803964

03/30/2019

Paul P.

They were on time and got back to me pretty fast when I had questions. Price was decent, especially for some of the weeds I have. Its a total of 4 treatments (5 actually, but i missed the January/February start date). Overall, pretty good.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

03/07/2019

Dorris E.

They always call before they come and if you do what they say, it's very effective and you'll have a nice lawn.

Description of Work
They do lawn treatments six times a year.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

07/24/2018

Chris C.

This is my first year with Lawn Tech, but so far I am very pleased with their service. My yard was in good shape, but definitely is deeper green, and the many weeds that came up as we began the growing season have been eliminated. They communicate well regarding service day, and if there are changes, using text, email and phone. My service agreement is annual with no contract, and I receive an invoice by email the day of my service showing the charge to my credit card. They were responsive to questions I've had so I give them high marks for customer service in addition to yard care. I encourage you to give Lawn Tech an opportunity to show how they can improve your lawn.

Description of Work
Routine lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

04/30/2018

joe B.

Well done- very responsive and professional

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

04/19/2018

Maria T. B.

My lawn looks great. Lawn Teck staff is very professional. They explain what have they done during their visit/service day and also suggest tips to help take care of the lawn. They are always on time. You will receive a text message reminding the next service.

Description of Work
Fertilization, Weed Control

Work Completed On 04/05/2018

10/11/2017

Lewis S.

The service techs are young but they have experienced staff backing them up.

Description of Work
All lawn chemicals.

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

07/05/2017

Marcel P.

The lawn has no weeds anymore since they started treating it. They always announce in advance when they will treat my lawn. I'm now a yearly customer for several years.

Description of Work
I was not able to keep up with removing all the weeds in our lawn.

Work Completed On 01/01/2017

07/03/2017

Ron N.

I need lawn maintenance but every yard is created differently. The first thing a professional yard service should do is a soil test (this is free to them/me) to analyze exactly what is needed. I have tried using Lawn Tech for several years but the lawn looks horrible. Don't misunderstand me, these are really nice people however their service, which is generic in so much that they use the same thing for everyone...just like the other mass-residential services do, does not reap the benefits.

Description of Work
monthly/quarterly lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

05/30/2017

Barsha S.

After only two treatments my yard looks fantastic! Weeds pretty much gone. Grass filled in and green. Only complaint is they treat all flowerbeds for weeds and EVERYTHING was treated! I lost some mint that was planted, new growing bush, as well as some flowers that hadn't bloomed. I will request no flowerbed treatment

Description of Work
Ferlitizer and weed control for my yard. My yard was in terrible condition and couldn't keep up with treatments myself.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/15/2017

Robert C.

They are excellent -- courteous, responsive, great job!

Description of Work
This company has taken care of fertizing my yard and flower beds for almost 20 years.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

04/25/2017

Bob M.

it's been a month and my yard is chuck full of crabgrass & new growth clearly started. not one brown leaf of that crabgrass. I contacted customer service, who said "As for the crab grass the temperature needs to be higher at least in the high 60’s in the evening hours and high 90’s during the day. Unfortunately, the temperature is just not warm enough yet for the chemical to work, typically we can get results end of May, June. We will treat the grassy weeds now but they may not respond to the treatment normal treatment of grassy weeds starts with our 3rd application (round 2) of the year, you just received round 2." of course, their website has a blog dated 1/14/15 entitled "Preparing for the Fight, Pre-Emergent is Key". And I quote, "So, effectively pre-emergent is crucial, to controlling weeds, it's 50% of the battle, when it comes to the beauty of your lawn. So, back to the analogy of battle, we must be prepared for the fight, how we do that is by being pro-active instead of re-active. We start the season out early, we do not procrastinate. So, if you're dragging your feet on deciding whether or not to hire us for lawn care, don't wait too long," I submit that 90 degree weather or expecting same in May or June is NOT any reasonable person's understanding of March weather or consistent with the idea of what "pre-emergent" treatment is. I also asked about the free fire ant treatment. Customer service denied I was entitled to it, claiming that I received a $30 discount on that 3/23 "pre-emergent" treatment: in effect, I elected that $30 discount over a $75 value. Of course, their website makes no such claim and neither does their invoice or lawn care plan they provided on 3/17/17. For me, this vendor has behaved disreputably, as IMHO this is deceptive business practices coupled with shoddy execution & false misleading material statements in writing by customer service when I contacted them about these problems.

Description of Work
i contracted for lawn care, controlling weeds, applying fertilizer, new seed. I hired them 3/17/17, 1st application on 3/23/17 was -- according to the invoice -- a pre-emergent treatment tailored "to control crabgrass and other spring annual weeds....". I also specifically chose this firm because I confirmed they offer a free fire ant service for new customers.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

Review for Lawn Tech Corporation - 1417 CAPITAL AVE, Plano, TX - 34898869

[Member Name Removed, I apologies you feel that we tried to miss lead you. Let me explain how pre-emergents work. The basics are they work by establishing a barrier that kills off the weed seeds as they begin to germinate. The problem is they do not stop all weeds and are only around 80% effective on the ones they do control. They DO NOT control the weeds after they have germinated. That is done with post emergents when the temperature are right for them to work. As you pointed out from our blog the pre-emergent put out in March was only designed to be part of the solution. The other part is spraying with the post emergents at the proper time. We never said or implied one treatment would take care of all the weed problems. As for the free fire ant control we do treat for visible Fire Ant mounds at the time of all applications. That service is not guaranteed and is only intended to help keep mounds in check, not to eliminate them totally from the lawn. The free Year Long Fire Ant application we offer as a special to new customers is a totally different product and works much like the weed pre-emergent in that it creates a barrier that prevents the fire ants from making mounds in the yard all together. It is guaranteed for one year. Of the four specials we offer to new customers you choose the $19.00 first treatment, not the Free year long Fire ant application.

08/15/2016

James S.

He was excellent, timely, and professional. I did a massive amount of drainage correction and sprinker updates (new valves and sprinkler head location changes). He had great ideas, and worked over a two-week period. He always kept me updated, and showed what needed to be done. We poured a new driveway, and he incorporated it into our drainage plan. I could not have asked for more. He was recommended by my neighbor, a builder, who uses him for all his drainage projects.

Description of Work
irrrigation and sprinker updates

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

07/14/2016

William M.

Terrible. They claimed to have expertise in, and special chemicals for handling our nutsedge infestation. Instead they came out and sprayed $8 worth of RoundUp on everything, and then charged us $52 for the experience. When we called and asked for an explanation, they changed their story and claimed that they never said they were experts or had special chemicals. They did offer to come out and spray again - with the same Roundup for free. We declined. If I wanted RoundUp I could have gone to Home Depot and done it myself. Roundup will not eliminate Nutsedge. Now I still have a nutsedge problem, and my soil is covered in Roundup. My dog can't use the backyard, and the soil in the beds are in worse shape because of it. They do not have any expertise, special treatments, etc. Terrible service, waste of time.

Description of Work
Treatment for Nutsedge

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

06/21/2016

Richard M.

Horrible. They burnt my lawn to nothing. It is now dirt in 40% of my backyard. The lawn tech warned me that there could be some browning, but that the lawn would "come back fast". Instead, he killed 40% of our backyard. Because of the rain that came after, it washed away all the dead grass and now it's dirt. Imagine having a nice, green yard and a month later having DIRT. Literal dirt. The lawn tech himself was friendly. Because we overseed with rye, they are refusing to take any responsibility. Now, ryegrass does die off anyway, but when allowed to do so naturally, the rest of the lawn is able to fill in. But none of that matters, THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO KILL A LAWN. That's their ONE JOB! Regardless of the type of grass, they shouldn't kill your lawn! I worked in chemical lawn care when I was younger. When a lawn got burnt (It did happen), the company I worked for fixed it. Why? Because if you are the one spraying the chemicals, you are responsible for the result. Makes sense to me. Guess the world is different now.

Description of Work
They provided lawn fertilizer, weed treatment, and fire ant treatment.

Work Completed On 05/12/2016

03/21/2016

Kristin L.

They don't do the mowing or anything like that. I would use them again. They are $250 for the whole year.

Description of Work
Lawn Tech Corporation does the seeding, and fertilization.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

02/26/2016

Bill A.

I called to get an estimate for lawn work this year a gentlemen answered I explained what I wanted he said the best way to get an estimate is to go to his website fill out a request and once he has received the request he will complete his estimate and contact me back I might be a little old fashioned but I just assumed if he was in there talking to me he could have taken my information completed the estimate and contacted me. so I will not be using lawn tech corporation due to the lack of custom service.

Description of Work
Called to ask for a estimate.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment