Energy Attic

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2012

811 E Plano Parkway, Suite 120

Plano, TX 75074

Energy Attic, a consulting company for energy efficiency upgrades for residential or commercial. Our client's homes and offices are more energy efficient and save money. We specialize in foil radiant barrier, blown-in fiberglass insulation, and ventilation as a proven 3 part Energy Reduction System which will save you up to 40% on your utility costs. These home improvement upgrades will pay for themselves in energy savings and then continue to save you money as long as you live there. Energy tax credits are available through 2011. We have extensive construction experience and have a proven track record of installed clients. We will be happy to give you customer references. The radiant barrier we use is made from 99% aluminum foil and is 97% reflective - the highest reflectivity available. It is non toxic, has no fumes or off gassing and will not have to be reapplied over time. It can reduce your attic temperatures up to 40-50 degrees in the summer months and keep the heat from escaping during the winter months. We engineer our installations for each home to maximize air flow and heat reduction. We offer fiberglass blown in and batt insulation. We use premium insulation - Johns Manville Climate Pro. It has a lifetime guarantee against settling and does not deteriorate like many products. It is made from 25% recycled glass products and contains no formaldehyde. We also offer insulation removal services for fires, floods or contaminated insulation. The third component is ventilation. Solar fans are excellent because they actively remove hot air and moisture from your attic without using any electricity. They are extremely quiet and can withstand brutal Texas weather. We use Sunrise Solar Attic fans which are made in the USA and have an excellent warranty. Our estimates are free so call us now to start saving!...

10/20/2021

Matt C.

As expected. Part was under warranty, but had to pay for Freon and labor. Everything is fixed and cooling again.

Description of Work
HVAC Indoor coil replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/20/2021

Wayne D.

Had replacement insulation put in the attic after several contractors had ruined the insulation. I chose Energy Attic because they were my original insulation installers and radiant barrier installers that did an outstanding job. I have to say kudos to Summer, The entire Energy Attic installation crew for doing such an outstanding job once again. I would highly recommend Energy Attic to do any type of HVAC, Insulation, radiant barrier work to your home. It was one of the best investments I ever made.

Description of Work
Had replacement insulation put in the attic

10/25/2018

Frank N.

It was a great experience from start to finish, with no surprises or additional costs. I had a great conversation with Somer and she set up an appointment for Bradley to come to my home. He is a great consultant. We toured my home, I expressed my concerns, he explained my options, and we decided on a course of action. It was scheduled to be a two day project, but it was completed in one day, because Paco was able to get a second crew, due to another job being postponed. Paco is as good as advertised. He is extremely polite, a great technician, and treated my home like it was his own. His crew protected the flooring and cleaned up after the job was completed. They arrived at 8am, and left at 7pm. Since the project was completed, I've noticed that the temperature throughout the house appears to be constant, unlike before, when I had hot and cold areas. The project involved removal of the old insulation, install radiant barrier, apply 18" of new insulation, installation of two solar fans, an attic stairway tent, replace 9 soffits and install 11 new ones to increase ventilation. They also applied new insulation and a whirlybird to my detached garage. Again, this was supposed to be a two day project. Randy came to see how things were going, and I received a call from Gus (Operations Manager) as well. The attic looks awesome and feels cool. Bradley came the following day to ensure that everything went well and that I was satisfied. I appreciate the level of attention provided, and the care the crews took in cleaning up afterwards. I consider this project to be a great investment, which will provide many years of comfort, and increase my home's energy efficiency throughout the seasons. I am confident that the future energy savings will eventually pay for this one time project.

Description of Work
Remove old insulation, and add new insulation

08/21/2018

Rita E.

The whole process, from estimate appointment to cleanup went great. All the employees were punctual, polite and personable. The crew worked hard with minimal breaks. I was impressed.

Description of Work
Old attic insulation removed, deodorize and sanitize attic, then new insulation blown in.

04/17/2018

Robert W.

This is the 2nd time I've hired Energy Attic to install foil barrier and additional insulation into my attic, as well as 3 additional solar fans on the roof. Everyone from Kristina in the office, to Travis in sales, to Guy and Randy checking in several times, and Paco and his excellent team of installers - were outstanding and professional in every way! This is the 2nd house in Flower Mound we've lived in, and having this work done was a priority on our checklist, given the success of lowering utility costs in my former house. Having foil barrier in the attic dramatically lowers the temperature inside, which in Texas summers can be 120 degrees or more. The foil barrier keeps out the heat. You can actually store things in the attic if you want to. Also it doesn't interfere if you have to get your roof repaired or replaced like I did in 2017 due to a major hail storm. I had the team blow in enough insulation to bring the r value up to 49 and they did a very thorough and clean job. The 3 solar fans look great and provide additional ventilation. Don't be fooled by painted barrier companies, because paint degrades. Foil barrier is permanent. Energy Attic examines your entire house and offers solid recommendations and the best possible solutions, while providing services that mean a difference in the cost of gas and electricity. I trust these folks and they are good Texans. I promise you that you'll be happy with their work.

Description of Work
Attic Foil Barrier; Blown-in Insulation; 3 solar ventilation fans on Roof

Category insulation,energy audit

04/17/2017

SHARON L.

They were very, very organized, did a great job as it was not an easy job to climb through the attic that was so small, but they did a super, super job. I would absolutely use them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed Old Insulation

03/31/2017

Gayle W.

They were one of the best companies we've ever used to upgrade or renovate the home. They had an outstanding crew. They sent out 4 or 5 guys. It was tough, hot work they were doing. They removed and replaced all our old attic insulation and blew in all new. They installed this radiant barrier that stops and retains the heat in the attic. They just did an excellent job. And what they did works. That's what the important part was. It was a messy job but they didn't mess up the house. They cleaned up after themselves. They were hard working guys. They were fabulous. I don't think you'll find a better company that does what they do. That was the employees that they sent. The pricing was fine. They were originally going to do just installation but then added removal for not much more. The folks that checked the job came out a few different times during the job. The home is more comfortable and better insulated. It's changed the whole feel of the home.

Description of Work
Insulation removal/installation and installation of solar panels.

Category insulation,solar panels

07/16/2014

Robert W.

This is an unsolicited review. Yesterday, I had a double sided, perforated, high quality radiant barrier foil installed in my attic, along with additional Johns Manville fiber glass Formaldehyde-free insulation, which brought my insulation up to the recommended D.O.E. R-49 rating. I also had two high quality solar variable speed vents installed on the main roof along with one turbine vent installed on my 1st floor Master BR roof, along with an attic tent. There are 3 access points to my home (main house, above garage, and above Master BR). Energy Attic created a very efficient air flow with where they installed these new vents, and for no cost, moved a couple of existing stationary vents to areas that never had venting before. The results were immediate. On just the same day, my attic temperature dropped dramatically and my house last night and today is very comfortable. I actually turned the thermostat UP this morning, because of the nice chill in my house in these July 90+ degree temps! Energy Attic provided a very affordable quote, and then got to work immediately the same week on my attic. They showed up on time, were meticulous in their work and preparation, and did a terrific job. They did a very clean job and paid attention to every detail, while answering my questions, and helping me to understand the importance of the work they were doing. In short, they were a joy to work with. In Texas, a good radiant barrier, proper insulation, and proper venting are just as important as the HVAC system. This work will pay for itself in just a few years, lowering utility bills. My advice is not to go with a cheap "barrier paint" of any kind. Paint is paint, regardless of what some companies call it and the D.O.E. doesn't even recognize paint products as a radiant barrier. A high quality radiant barrier is stapled to the underside of your roof rafters and doesn't allow 97% of the sun's radiant energy to enter into your attic. Use your logic and do your own homework like I did. I promise you that you'll be glad you did. I give Energy Attic 5 stars for superior quality of service and outstanding work. You can find them like I did on the Web at www.energyattic.com or call them at 972-548-0088 or 817-529-6087. I promise you that you'll be glad you made the decision to work with them. Honesty, integrity, and customer service are important in my book, and Ryan, Guy, Kristina, and the crew at Energy Attic will take good care of you. Dr. Bob Williams, Flower Mound, TX

Description of Work
Installed double sided, perforated, high quality radiant barrier foil to attic in a 3000 sq. ft. home. Installed additional Johns Manville Formaldehyde-free fiber glass insulation up to a D.O.E. R-49 rating. Installed 2 solar attic vent fans and one turbine vent fan. Moved two existing passive vents.

05/23/2014

Nancy C.

They were very responsive and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Energy Attic gave me a bid for installing radiant barrier.

01/24/2014

Anthony M.

I has radiant barrier and a solar attic exhaust installed. They did a great job. I did see energy savings and would use them again if needed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Total Air Control

Steamatic of Dallas / Fort Worth

Whether it's in your home or place of business,Steamatic of Dallas / Fort Worth is "The Healthy Home Authority" when it comes to any of your cleaning and restoration needs. Steamatic's highly skilled and certified technicians specialize in residential and commercial air duct/ coil cleaning and carpet, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood cleaning, and furniture and drapery cleaning. Other services include wood restoration, corrosion control and deodorization. Steamatic of Dallas / Fort Worth also specializes in fire, smoke and water damage restoration. No matter how big or tough the situation is, Steamatic is available 24/7 to help you recover. Steamatic works with every insurance carrier and offers Continuing Education Classes on a regular basis at their office and around the Metroplex.

DUCTZ of DFW

If you're looking for quality air duct cleaning services, turn to DUCTZ. We are the trusted name in air duct and HVAC cleaning because we utilize industry-leading methods, advanced technology, and effective techniques. Our team of highly trained professionals has the knowledge and insight to tackle even the most stubborn build up. We carefully inspect the property before creating a customized cleaning plan including recommended actions and next steps.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, American Express

Foil radiant barriers, bubble wrap, duct sealing, insulation blown-in, house & commercial building wrap, solar attic vents, attic tent.

NA