DFW Improved

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2007

DFW Improved is a full-service home remodeling contractor that specializes in understanding your goals and providing top-tier results. Rated Top 500 in the Nation in 2018 by Qualified Remodeler, our Design-Build team is ready to serve you. Whether it’s bathroom and kitchen remodeling, media rooms

interior painting (357)home remodeling (182)house painting (87)door installation (74)roofing (72)countertop installation (62)woodworking (61)water damage restoration (35)siding companies (30)window replacement (27)gutter repair (20)decks & porches (18)

08/22/2022

Kathy H.

Ryan the salesman is honest and accurate. Carlos the project manager is amazing. His workers respect him. He is the real deal . Be patient the end result is worth it!

Description of Work
June 1 We completely remodeled our bathroom.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

01/26/2022

Danny R.

Terrible customer service. Poor project management; unrealistic project timelines provided (quoted 4 weeks— took 7 months). Change orders (yes, multiple) presented for payment AFTER project completed; price nor necessity of change order discussed/signed off on prior to “additional” work commencing. Bid omitted critical component of project (i.e. HVAC for bathroom)— which was later presented as change order, in turn adding to the cost of the entire project. Plumber was subpar to say the least— came out multiple times to repair the leaks HE created (yes, two separate, unrelated leaks). Second plumber required to get job done correctly for BOTH leaks. Escalated concerns to owner of company and we were dismissed. Do not recommend at all!

Description of Work
Additional Bathroom

Category concrete repair, countertops, drywall, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

It is unfortunate the client feels this way. It is never our intent to end a relationship like this. We were VERY upfront & honest about the job, process expectations & assumptions made to get us to the agreed-upon contract. We regret how it ended, especially since they are a repeat client, however, we feel very strongly we operated with the utmost integrity. The HVAC miss is definitely our responsibility as professionals. The other issues referenced were discussed in advance with the clients to prepare them for the reality that they could occur. Some of the cost was absorbed by us in an effort to not capitalize on unfortunate surprises that often times go with remodeling projects. The remainder was discussed with the client at the time of discovery & only a portion was passed along as direct charge to the client with no mark-up by DFW Improved. While we can appreciate their frustration our efforts to work with the client to help did not win any favor. In the end, they were not asked to pay for anything that was not a required, critical component of the project. The allegation that they were dismissed by ownership is not true. We simply disagreed on what was fair.

07/05/2021

James F.

From the beginning, the salesman and project manager (John) was excellent. Fantastic communication and ensured we knew when workers would be on-site and what they would be doing. The experience with DFW Improved was first-rate, I’d highly recommend and plan on hiring them again for a bigger project.

Description of Work
DFW Improved custom made and installed two doors along with a gas lamp. Previous contractor abandoned project and I needed someone to finish my patio project, DFW Improved stepped-up and got it done.

Category decks, plumbing, woodworking, patios

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

Review for DFW Improved - 6652 Pinecrest Dr., Plano, TX - 39393435

06/10/2021

Tuwana K.

Awesome. I had a great experience with DFWimproved. Blake led the team very well, keeping me informed of progress and addressing all of my (many) inquiries with attention and patience. He was flexible and worked with my schedule (working from home) and accommodated my requests for the flow of the project. He and the team were very careful. I was fondly surprised at how well the team cleaned up after jobs (each trade did a great of cleaning up after their work was done). Blake led an organized team which made the flow of the project run smoothly. And most of all, he was so great to speak to as my dog and I were very happy to see him when he was on site. I'd recommend using DFWi and I will use them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen Upgrade and whole house paint.

Category countertops, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

01/29/2021

Jay W.

They were top knotch! Very good quality.

Description of Work
renovated kitchen and 2 bathrooms

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

12/05/2020

Priscilla K.

Project went very well even with cold weather. Brian provided prompt and detailed estimate. Jaime scheduled work and saw that it was performed on time. Workers arrived promptly each morning and skillfully completed scheduled work. Project was completed within one week.

Description of Work
Replaced some exterior siding with Hardie board and painted to match current exterior.

Category siding, pressure washing, architect, house painters

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

10/17/2020

Mary A.

DFW Improved did an excellent job on my master bathroom remodel. The entire process was smooth from sales, to meeting with the designer, to working with the project team. My project manager, Luis, was courteous, friendly, and responsive to my questions and texts. I am beyond pleased with the outcome of my bathroom and I will definitely use DFW Improved for all of my future remodel projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Review for DFW Improved - 6652 Pinecrest Dr., Plano, TX - 38955788

09/11/2020

John K.

Consistence of quality care, workmanship and customer service is what keeps me going back to them.

Description of Work
added weather stripping to a door and repaired a stairway guard rail

Category doors

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

05/22/2020

Sarah C.

Scheduling was excellent and they have been nice to work with.

Description of Work
Removal of house trash, carpet, removal of shed in backyard.

Category house cleaning

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

01/08/2020

Ann N.

The finished products exceeded our expectations. The stairs match our existing floors perfectly and are beautiful. Kristie at the Design Center was very helpful in picking out the perfect backsplash and island countertop material in the kitchen.

Description of Work
New kitchen island, backsplash for kitchen perimeter and hardwood and balusters for stairs

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Review for DFW Improved - 6652 Pinecrest Dr., Plano, TX - 38320828

11/13/2019

Dwayne D.

DFW Improved did a fantastic job remodeling our kitchen. Their entire team was professional, timely, considerate of our schedules and home, and most importantly did a GREAT job with the kitchen remodel. We would hire them again in a heartbeat, and plan to do so when we remodel our master bathroom.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

09/16/2019

Wendell P.

We had water damage to a vanity and had it rebuilt. It was a smaller job, but they were great. Very knowledgeable. Great quality. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Description of Work
New vanity

Category drywall, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/16/2018

06/03/2019

Elaine J.

From beginning to end, my experience with DFW Improved was excellent due to the professionalism and work ethic of everyone involved in my project. My original contact was Juan, who worked with me to create a plan for my dream kitchen and was available to answer any questions I had prior to signing the contract. Kristi was great, helping me with design decisions when I visited DFW’s showroom. I was especially impressed with my project manager, Jason, who managed to make me feel like I was his only client, even though I knew he was managing multiple other projects simultaneously. He always answered my phone calls and texts promptly, and he kept me up to date with all the scheduling of the various components of our kitchen remodel. We had new kitchen cabinets installed, pantry rebuilt, bar height counter removed, additional cabinet storage added, granite countertop, composite sink, faucet, and backsplash installed. In addition, we had the kitchen, dining, living, breakfast, and entry painted. Jason’s extensive experience and knowledge gave me complete confidence that the remodel would be done correctly. I now have a beautiful, functional kitchen, and the job was completed in a timely and organized manner. Need I say more? Working with this company was a great experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel and several rooms painted

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/02/2019

05/03/2019

F L.

DFW Improved just completed our bathroom reno on schedule and they were great. The work required some digging of the slab and I was worried but their workers were very careful and our project manager Miguel who was wonderful, made sure everything was done right. He addressed all our concerns throughout the project and even some small details after completion. They warranty all their work and are a very professional and honest company.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

02/08/2019

mir H.

DFW Improved is top notch! We are extremely happy with their professionalism, quality of work, and timeliness. Three month after moving to a new home our dishwasher leaked and complete damaged the kitchen hardwood floor. It was very stressful time for us and we weren’t sure what will it take to fix it all. After doing some extensive research we have hired DFW Improved for the repairs based on their excellent customer reviews and recommendations. Later we felt so lucky for our decision to hire DFW Improved, they have very well managed the entire project. Garrett Lambert, the project manager, made the repair process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Garrett is very professional, he always promptly responded to all of our quires and kept us well informed throughout the process. Garrett was very responsive to all of our concerns and immediately resolved them. DFW Improved has far exceeded our expectation and I highly recommend DFW Improved to everyone. We will definitely use them again in a heart bit for any future home improvement work. Keep up your good work, DFW Improved!

Description of Work
Kitchen island and hardwood floor repair due to water damage

Category countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

02/07/2019

Linda S.

It could not have gone better- we are so pleased - Garrett’s creative suggestions; and attention to detail are unparalleled....Excellent communication and professionalism at every step!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

Review for DFW Improved - 6652 Pinecrest Dr., Plano, TX - 37701106

02/07/2019

Becky K.

Very pleased with the service. Project manager kept everything on time and was very responsive to questions. All workers were polite and professional. Work was high quality. Getting ready to call for another project.

Description of Work
master bath and powder bath remodel, Kitchen remodel and den remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

11/26/2018

Jeremy S.

DO NOT USE FOR ELECTRICAL! I have not used their services for any other trades, however, their master electrician (Mike White formally Black Diamond) is dishonest and unethical. We did a whole home remodel. Mike quoted a specific scope of work, and later refused to acknowledge that he guaranteed that they would run new circuits where needed in the home. I had to dig out the original quote to show him where it was in print. They did lazy and careless work and Mike was rarely present on the project and never did a thorough review of his journeymens' work. Switch boxes all at different heights, outlet boxes (some only 3' apart over a counter top) at diffferent heights, junction boxes EVERYWHERE when not all necessary, boxes placed outside of manufacturer's specifications (detailed plans and specs sheets for all appliance and fixture were provided in every workspace; AND we reviewed them with Mike and his journeymen prior to commencement of work and throughout the duration of the project.) One of his guys electrocuted himself on a 50amp circuit for our range, because they left the wire hot while it was still loose in the wall. Dangerous for them and dangerous for my family. Mike refused to fix any of their mistakes without a battle. He would lie about what code requires/allows to avoid correcting his mistakes (which I would have to call the city on the spot to call him out on his lie so that DFW Improved would make the correction.) In the end, we had to pay another electrician out of pocket to come in and test ALL of their work and correct some of their work prior to closing up the walls with sheetrock. (I personally fixed the easy stuff like box placement, which sometimes required running a new wire, because DFW Improved placed boxes too high and cut the wires too short.) This was a nightmare to deal with, and I didn't get much help when I would call the management/owners of DFW Improved to hold the electricians accountable.

Description of Work
Electrical for whole home remodel.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

Thank you for your feedback. This review is disappointing considering our mutual efforts to achieve an amicable resolution, and your agreement that we had adequately addressed these concerns back in July 2018. We regret this negative experience for our client, and for our team members. Although, we don't have any report at all of anyone being physically injured. Because we were not acting as the general contractor, this experience was definitely not our norm. It is the very reason our standard projects have one of our construction professionals assigned to lead the building process in the most efficient manner. When it was evident this project wasn't working out well for either party, we decided to refund a portion of payment for the scope of work that we both agreed not to complete in order to reach an amicable resolution. This client chose to operate as his own general contractor, which created exorbitant scheduling delays, which ultimately resulted in several labor and material cost increases along the way. In addition, on several occasions we installed electrical items, and upon our return to the house we found that the homeowner decided to make changes to the electrical items on his own. As we were required to address/fix the newly moved items, we presented the additional cost associated for these changes to the scope of work. The client disagreed, but continued making changes to the items in our scope of work, and moved plug locations on multiple occasions. We performed the work as detailed in our original agreement. The project was properly permitted with the local code enforcement, and all items were installed according to specification. Our completed work was inspected and passed by the city's local code authority. We work according to each city's code requirements, with experience rooted in tried-and-true industry best practices. We value every one of our clients' experiences, and hold ourselves to working with the utmost integrity. Our team members work hard every day for happy clients to deliver on hundreds of construction projects each year. We regret that this didn't go well for any of us. Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you the best.

10/31/2018

Sara Y.

Garrett was ourcontractor and project manager and was very responsive to messages and helping us figure out what we needed to do. We had fire damage that lead to the repair of an external wall for the patio and kitchen along with some external framework. Framework was done in 2 days, drywall in a 1/2 day, and painting in 2 days and our kitchen and patio look better than before! Would use again for future house endeavors without insurance claims

Description of Work
Fire Repair Damage

Category drywall, water damage restoration, pressure washing, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors, patios

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

Thank you for posting this review & we are glad you are happy with the work completed. We would love to do work for your friends & family too & we offer a free gift to you for referring. Just make sure they give us your name when they call. Thanks, DFW Improved

09/21/2018

Dave G.

DFW Improved is fantastic! Class act people, professional company, and high quality work! They worked closely with me to design an updated bathroom and the finished product came out even better than imagined.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

08/30/2018

Melissa P.

Remodeling is always stressful but the folks at DFW Improved did an awesome job at minimizing the stress. All the trades were thoughtful of my families needs and our ability to still function in the home while the work was going on.

Description of Work
Kitchens, baths, outdoor living, floors, windows

Category home remodeling, interior painters, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

08/29/2018

Marty S.

DFW Improved is a top notch outfit. They helped with everything for our project and came with wonderful input and ideas. They worked within my budget and helped me to prioritize to really stretch my dollar. Their showroom and designer was a real life saverhelping is understand what options are available. The quality was great (and I am not easy to please). Thanks for your hard work guys!

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/29/2018