Advance to Voigt Masonry

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2007

2113 TRELLIS LN

Plano, TX 75075

No subs. Also dba Advance to Voigt Masonry....

06/12/2020

Di N.

Did a great job. Showed up on time, got to work and did a great job. Honest, dependable, and did good work. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Removed and repaired top portion of brick column.

Category masonry

Thank you it looks great!

08/10/2018

Terry B.

Vance did a great job. He used a wench to raise my brick mailbox, then created a bed of concrete that he set the mailbox back down into. He then added concrete around the base, and then replaced the grass. He made sure the mailbox was level on all sides, checking multiple times.

Description of Work
Fix leaning brick mailbox

Category mailbox repair

Thank you sir.

10/18/2017

Steven P.

Vance did an excellent job cutting the brick, fitting the door station mount so there were not excessive gaps that required filler and cleaned the area thoroughly after the job was done. Vance was very professional, courteous and prompt, and followed up a couple weeks after the job was complete to tie off loose ends and to ensure I was satisfied.

Description of Work
Brick work needed to install a door camera

08/12/2017

Pamela K.

Vance did an exceptional job of selecting the brick that closely matched our original brick (house was built in 1989) and matching the mortar. He was always punctual and finished sooner than expected. He also used some of the original brick to ensure the brick blended well with the other brick.

Description of Work
A section of the brick on our house slipped because the builder (Pulte) did not tie the bricks to the wall.

Category masonry

Thank you for the work! It did turn out very good. Sometimes it's impossible to find a substitute brick which is almost identical.

06/16/2017

David L.

Performed the job promptly and done very well.

Description of Work
Brick mailbox was knocked over onto side, needed righted and a brick replaced.

03/20/2017

Stan M.

The price was based on the job. I think it took a little longer than he anticipated, but the job was performed professionally and looks great. They had to remove the top part of the column, take out the old box, put in the new larger box and re-brick the column. He arrived on time and finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
I needed the mailbox replaced in our brick column. The new mailbox was much larger, and he advised us that he would need more brick. I had the brick, and he and his assistant did an excellent job.

02/16/2017

Miesha S.

Well, 1st of all the the guy is arrogant and rude. I told him I needed a estimate on a mailbox repair and he said let me think about it. Then he came back and said I think you better call someone else, I am 3 weeks out and don't have time for that little work. I told him wow and that's not what I expected. Not professional and NO customer service.

Description of Work
Mailbox brick repair needed

Category masonry,mailbox repair

I recall speaking to a man about this mailbox. So maybe the conversation was lost in translation between you and him. A call which lasted less than a minute. I have the right to decline work. I'm sorry I didn't have time available for your job. I don't get every job I bid on. You could say that's a form of rejection. Which I accept and deal with. There is an old expression ( don't be so thin skinned)!

01/16/2017

Wayne M.

Showed up on time and performed work in timely professional fashion.

Description of Work
Hearth repair

Category masonry,fireplaces

12/20/2016

chris W.

Competed work as planned & scheduled

Description of Work
Leveled mailbox

11/23/2016

Gail C.

When he built in the pillars, he re-installed the mailbox and also prepped the other pillars for the electricians. After they cured he came back sealed them. They have held up beautifully and we have not had any issues. We get a lot of positive comments on them from neighbors.

Description of Work
He tore down and re-built three pillars for our lights and mailbox. He corrected some cracking in the brickwork on the house.

11/07/2016

Maria B.

Awesome! I was presented three different options that would solve the issue, each with different levels of work and price. I appreciated the partnership and professionalism.

Description of Work
Front of arch over door way was separating from rest of house.

10/20/2016

Felicia D.

Very good service. They were able to match the brick very well, which wasn't easy. Prompt and professional service at a reasonable price. I'd highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired the front porch

06/07/2016

paul K.

Vance was timely and professional from the initial estimate through the completion of the project. The completed wall is exactly as we discussed, looks great, well drained, there were no unexpected costs, clean-up was satisfactory, and it's likely to outlive me. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Vance and a helper rebuilt a low 50ft long stone retaining wall on the side of our house that was on its last legs after almost 40 years. This involved tearing down the existing wall, saving the rock and cleaning it of old mortar, and pouring a new foundation to reset it on. He also tore down a brick wing wall on the side of the house and repaired the brick on that corner.

05/07/2016

Lori J.

Professional and chimney looks great. Hopefully we won't have to work on it for many years.

Description of Work
Relayed Loose Brick at top of chimney and cut out remaining mortar and repointed rest of chimney. Reinstalled cap.

Category masonry,chimney repair

02/03/2016

David D.

Vance and his helper build a scaffolding from my back porch to the roof and another one around the chimney. They put down carpets where they worked on the roof. He replaced some flashing pieces that were rusting away. He fixed the chimney top (leveling and capping) so it would no longer collect water. They cleaned up well after the approx. 7-day job. Vance is a man of few words. Don't get me wrong, he's quite professional and responsive to any calls or requests, but he certainly doesn't bloviate.

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild brick chimney whose mortar was disintegrating. Cut out, matched tinted mortar color, and replaced in other places around the house exterior. Recommended and replaced chimney cap with larger one that covered the entire chimney top.

Category masonry

Thank you for the work,glad your leak stopped.

09/05/2015

stephen C.

Matched the brick and performed a very clean replacement. Mortar matched invisibly. Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Repaired wall crack

09/04/2015

Sharlotte G.

Vance was very punctual and responsive. He was fully booked for the week but still managed to fit me in. The job was finished earlier than promised and I am very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Straightened my brick mailbox.

09/04/2015

Gail C.

Mr. Voigt responded quickly to my inquiry and set a walk-thru date. He was very knowledgeable about our crumbling brick issues and gave us a quote and apx. start date. He found our matching brick, but we had to wait two months for a "run" at the brick company. He came by to show us the brick as soon as it arrived. We set a new date. He and his crew were very punctual. The site was cleaned up as they worked and at the end of each day. You would never know they had been here except we now have three perfect pillars. He is very careful and exact in his construction. He will be returning in 10 days to apply a protective coating - assuming no rain. His work on the house mortar cracks blends well.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced two 2'sq x 5' tall brick and stone pillars for post lights and one 2'sq x 5' tall pillar enclosing a mail box. Repaired mortar cracks on house.

Thank you very much!

08/15/2015

Bryan D.

I had a car plow into my brick mailbox and needed to replace it, received several bids which were similar in price. Mr Voigt returned my call within an hour of leaving a message on his phone and went to my house the same day and placed a bid. This was a good sign in my opinion as another bidding company did everything by email. I liked the fact he actually went to my house and reviewed the site and damage. He was leaving for vacation but was able to get the work done before he left. He communicated well by phone and texting and was able to send him pictures of what I was looking to have done. he was very prompt and punctual. The maibox looks great and I am very happy with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
replace brick mailbox with new stone mailbox

Thank you very much!

08/13/2015

Jonathan F.

Mr. Voigt was very professional. Showed up when he said he was going to be here and he did an excellent job!

Description of Work
Fixed some mortar joints that were cracking on my home.

Category masonry

Thank you [Member name removed]!

07/30/2015

Barbara M.

Everything he did was superb. It was excellent.

Description of Work
Vance did a double custom mailbox that went between my house and the neighbor's house with locked mailboxes. Also, he removed a wood insert panel on the front of our house and replaced it with the same brick that matches our house. Also, we put in double glass doors and he came in and bricked around the doors.

07/17/2015

Anthony F.

they showed up exactly when they said they would. they performed the work they said they would. they charged exactly what they said they would. The work was beautiful, you can not even tell where they did the work because you can no longer see cracks on the brick mortar. The brick on once side of my house had a very long crack following up and across the wall from the foundation, all the way up to the 2nd story. they removed part of the old cracked mortar, and filled it with new mortar, matching the original mortar color. they cleaned up after themselves. They did everything right. I could not have been more satisfied with their work. I've already referred them to my brother to do work on his house.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing - fixing cracks in brick mortar

07/12/2015

susan Y.

I wish all providers was as good and nice as he was. I would use him again and I would and have referred him

Description of Work
he rebuilt my mailbox with a locking mailbox

07/12/2015

Angela N.

My front porch is laid with brick. We had to remove the brick prior to foundation repair because we did not have any spare brick to replace it with. They arrived on time and very carefully removed all of the brick within a 2 foot square of the inside corner of our porch without one single break - it was amazing. After the foundation repair was completed - they returned and re-laid the same brick. It was indistinguishable from the rest of the brick. An excellent job!

Description of Work
Temporary removal of brick to accommodate foundation repair.

06/24/2015

Ed T.

They were working around all the rain and flooding in Texas and did a great job of communicating their scheduling difficulties and re-scheduled promptly. They showed up early and the work was performed to my satisfaction. They even did some other minor non-masonary related repairs that i had started and could not finish due to rotator cuff surgery, at minimal cost. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Re-point 3 corners of the foundation, recapped tension posts, removed and re-caulked expansion 20' expansion joint along brick wall.