A-1 Painting and Remodeling

Founded 1993 • With Angi since February 2011

1404 M Ave Plano

Plano, TX 75074

A-1 Painting and Remodeling is company who provide Painting, Sheet Rock Repair, Custom Finishes, Flooring, and Handy man services in Plano Texas for 18 years....

01/03/2015

Rod R.

In September 2012, I hired Mr. Hilker on the advice of my loan officer to put concrete into certain spots in the brick (near "weep holes"). When Mr. Hilker arrived (near nightfall), he noticed a decorative brick "wing" attached to the house that had loose bricks and needed some patch work. He said he would charge $250 ($100 for the decorative piece). He said he did not have all of his materials with him because he didn't expect to do the decorative piece (although he'd already started the work). He also said he guaranteed his work for 1 year. The next day, I noticed that the work looked terrible, because it is unfinished--it needed to be acid washed and, I imagine, filled in some places. I left several messages on his voice mail asking him to return. He returned my call once and said he would come by on Saturday of that week, when he was in the Valley Ranch area. It took 4 months for him to return. He again left mortar messily around the bricks and even left his tools. I imagine they were left for me to finish the job? I really would like my $100 back (for the decorate piece) to fix what he messed up.

Description of Work
Put mortar in cracks near weep holes and patch work for decorative brick 'wing' attached to my house.

Category interior painters

In this business, it isn't easy to satisfy everyone. We went over the details before the job was even started. We told the customer that mortar would not be an "exact" match to the existing mortar. It's impossible. But e did get it as close as possible, with the customers approval? It did not take 4 months to finish. That is a bold lie. It took a little over 3 weeks. We never left any tools there. Don't know what that is about. We have never received any phone calls about a warranty either. Kind of weird this is being posted 2 years later?

04/06/2011

George P.

I started to remove my kitchen wallpaper and found another different wallpaper underneath. Time to find a professional. I found A-1 Painting stating they can apply texturing over wallpaper. In reviewing pictures of his work from other jobs, I knew this is what I needed. He was on time and called before he drove to my house. He was able to do the job in the time quoted. Cleaned up after he finished the job. I will use A-1 Painting again.

Description of Work
Removed all loose wallpaper. Filled in all voids and holes with a filler. Applied a texture finish onto existing wallpaper for the new paint. On time and cleaned up afterwords.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Gotcha Covered Contracting

Gotcha Covered Contracting of Texas is your trusted residential and commercial roofing, siding and gutter company. We repair and replace all kinds of roofs including asphalt, metal, cedar shake, tile and many others! Call us when you have a home improvement project in mind or if you have a problem at hand. GCC of North Richland Hills provides professional construction services to all cities within a 60 mile radius. We've got you covered!

Concrete Smart Industries, LLC

If you going to do it, do it right!! NO cutting corners!!

Sevillas Painting

in Sevilla's painting we do more than just painting we do remodeling, power-wash ,demolition ,fence making, toilet repairs, deck makers, drywall installation, door installation, my focus is to connect with my client and do a good job so that they can be happy

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal