Lamb's Tire & Automotive - Pflugerville

3.7

Auto Service
Auto Tires

11/28/2016

Failed Inspection for Emissions on exempt vehicle. Tried to rip off wife by claiming car needed $200+ repairs for a missing vacuum hose that isn't even necessary.

Description of Work
State Inspection

Category auto repair

08/25/2015

10/20/2012

Took over four times longer than stated. Attempted to pressure us into additional service. Did service on something they had no permission touching. Wasted more of my wife's time by calling her about a review I wrote. If you know the receipt will warn us about the brakes, and that you can explain their condition as we are paying for the tires, why exactly do you need to call us and tell us before ...

Description of Work
Asked for two tires, they said it would be about an hour. Over an hour later, got a call concerning brakes. Didn't ask your opinion of the brakes Lamb's, just do as your asked please. No, continue to pressure my wife into getting brakes done as if I will just return the pads I already had planned on installing that same day so that we can pay you way too much for a 5 minute job. After telling them no, and getting the classic "we warn you, needs to be done now speech" as if no means "please, continue" They took it upon themselves to flush the brake fluid, did we give you permission to do anything but change two tires? If the designer/engineer/builder Toyota doesn't require a brake fluid flush at x amount of miles, what makes anybody think a 10$/hr mechanic/pressure salesman knows better? Even though the wheels were obviously off so they could "warn" us about the brakes, it took more than three additional hours to hear from them about the tires being done. Icing on the cake, when I left a bad review for enduring another "scare the lady into buying" auto shop, w/in hours they call my wife while she is working to ask her about my review. I just showed her all four pads, replaced the pads and agreed to never return to Lambs. If you need tires, go to a place that does only tires. Lesson learned.

06/30/2012

Sorry, see the description above.

Description of Work
I had a slow leak in one of the tires on my Ford Explorer. Took it in early Saturday, went and ate breakfast (at Casa Garcia - it was good). When I got back the leak was fixed, NO CHARGE. The man asked me to check back with them when I needed tires.

05/16/2012

I went there without any appointment and their service was very professional. They did not charge me for it. It took a couple of hours to finish the service because they had few other cars in the line but they did it and they did it nicely; it worked out very well.

Description of Work
I used Lamb's Tire & Automotive to get a flat tire fixed.

Category car tires

01/11/2012

During the time i was without my car, they took me to work all three days, and picked me up from work on the third day. The transmission work was completed on time and the car has never run better than it does now. The original quote of $3800 was a firm estimate, and I was told that it might be lower, but it would not be any higher than that under any circumstances, and they kept their word on tha...

Description of Work
After taking my 2003 Subaru Outback to Lamb's because of some unusual noises I was hearing it was determined that it needed a transmission overhaul. I was told that this would require me to leave the car with them for several days. This would be a problem for me since I live alone and did not have anyone to take me to and from work while I was without my car. Don, one of the service reps at Lamb's offered to have someone take me to work, and even pick me up if necessary. This was a great relief for me, since I saved the extra expense of renting a car for three days. The transmission work was completed on time and the car has never run better than it does now. The original quote of $3800 was a firm estimate, and I was told that it might be lower, but it would not be any higher than that under any circumstances.

Category auto repair