BACKYARD RETREATS

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2006

Pearland

Pearland, TX 77581

Backyard Retreats creates and builds outdoor living areas throughout the Houston area. Backyard Retreats offers everything from covered patios, outdoor kitchens, porches, arbors, to pool houses. Most importantly, everything is designed to match your home. We are fully insured and take care of all permitting (city/Homeowners Association) and Windstorm Certificate, if needed. We word hard to satisfy each customer and our solid reputation reflects such. Free estimates...

08/25/2015

Robert B.

Very good to deal with. Good work crews. Patio crew excellent. Builders excellent. Plumbing Average.

Description of Work
Constructed a backyard patio, ran gas line and pergola.

Category decks,hardscaping,patios

08/22/2015

KC C.

Great job!! Patio cover added to garage. They did an excellent job. Love this outdoor space and definitely would use them again.

Description of Work
Patio cover

Category awnings,decks,patios

07/06/2015

Steven C.

Builder was responsive. Builder presented options and alternatives, took time to adjust design before building. Came back to repair and correct problems after initial build was complete.

Description of Work
Backyard retreats added a single story cedar covered patio with gabled roof to the back of the house.

Category decks

We thank you so much for your kind review and we sincerely appreciate your business!

06/28/2015

Ivan B.

The process with Bill was very smooth. He handled getting all permits and HOA approval. His crew worked very fast, although we had a few weather delays. The electrical crew was amazing and worked with us to install switches that we wanted in 2 different rooms and even hung our fans and programmed them for us. When we informed Bill that we had an upcoming party he quickly worked to finish the job so we could have it in time. The crew cleaned up everything and were very professional. We had quotes from 3 other companies and Backyard Retreats was in the middle but they were the only ones that stained the ceiling and did not have to have a support pole in the middle of the patio. So in our view he was by far the best price with the highest quality. The quality of their work for the price we paid is why we highly recommend them. Every person that worked on our patio was very professional and knowledgeable and when we decide to add an outdoor kitchen we will be calling Bill and his crew back out.

Description of Work
Demoed existing concrete pad, repoured larger concrete patio, built roof with 23' engineered beam (to avoid having a support pole in the middle), installed pine ceiling and stained to our choice, installed electrical for outdoor TV, 2 fans and 4 can lights (also provided LED can lights for us so we didn't have to purchase them), removed and re-bricked where existing lantern lights were.

Category concrete repair,decks,landscaping,hardscaping,outdoor kitchens

Thank you tremendously for taking the time to review us! We really enjoyed working for you and please contact us if we can be of further assistance.

05/04/2015

Melissa G.

Backyard Retreats is a great company. I had a hard time finding a company that wanted to work with me because I couldn't spend $15,000 to $20,000. Bill came to my home and gave me an estimate and worked within my price range at no cost to me. He is very professional and kept me updated every step of the way. The entire process from start to finish for my backyard kitchen was about 4 months. It took time due to my home owner's association and city permits. All of the workers were always very professional and friendly. They always introduced themselves and explained what they were going to do that day. My outdoor kitchen is amazing. I use it every day! I couldn't be happier! You will not be disappointed if you choose this contractor!

Description of Work
Outdoor Kitchen

Category decks,landscaping,hardscaping,outdoor kitchens

We are so happy to hear you are pleased with your backyard project and really appreciate your kind review. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of further service. Thank you!

03/10/2015

David B.

Job went very well. Company is professional and knows their business. We were impressed with the quality of work. No problems here.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete builder install patio. Installed paver stones for backyard patio. Replaced fence separating patio from driveway.

Category concrete repair,decks,concrete driveways,fencing,landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you [member name removed] for your kind review-we really appreciate it! Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

02/12/2014

Marla S.

It went very well. Bill was a professional and was always available to speak to when needed. We are very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Built a kitchen island with gas grill and refrigerator.

Category decks,outdoor kitchens

01/15/2014

Marla S.

They are still working on it, so far it has been great. The owner is very conscientiousness, very timely in his responses. The are reasonable in price. I would use them in the future again.

Description of Work
I consulted Backyard Retreats for small outdoor kitchen, flagstone, patio covers last week.

Category home remodeling

08/22/2011

Josefina P.

SINCE HE NEVER CALLED US BACK TO SAY ANY THING,WE THINK HE IS NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL .

Description of Work
We were looking to build a patio floor with flag stone and gravel, I called Backyard Retreats because it was in Angies list and in the Pearland magazine. Mr. Bill Salazar of Backyard Retreats came to our home to take measurements, our patio is about 442 sq ft. It also needed some relocation of a portion of the existing sprinkler system. After he spoke with me and my husband on the phone, he said he would send me an estimate via e-mail by the next day, August 10 -2011. I did not receive it so I called him and ask if he had it . He said there were others in from of mine , he also said I would get it by the next day, August 11, 2011. Today is AUGUST 22 -2011 AND NO ONE HAS CALLED OR SENT ANY THING . I WILL NEVER CALL THIS COMPANY FOR ANY THING ELSE EVER ,THAT TELLS ME THE KIND OF COMPANY THEY ARE . IF THEY DO NOT WANT THE JOB THEY CAN SAY SO BUT NOT KEEP TELLING PEOPLE TOMORROW , TOMORROW .ETC.

Category decks,pavers, gravel

Member, I must admit, I was very surprised when I read your compliant, as your estimate was sent the very next day we had met. I regret that you did not receive it. Being a consumer myself, I know how important it is to give estimates in a timely manner. I met with you on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 and as promised, your estimate was sent the next day (via e-mail) Wednesday, August 10, 2011. It was sent to the email address you wrote on the tentative drawing. (I must also note, that I did not receive a notice that it was “undeliverable” ) However, one of the letters/numbers could have been transposed or mistaken for another letter/number. Nevertheless, we are very sorry to hear for whatever reason you did not receive the email. We wish you all the best for your project.

08/14/2007

SARAH M.

We were very impressed with Don from the start. He came to our house (in the evening, after we got home from work) for a free estimate/consultation. He was patient with us while we looked through his numerous samples to pick the pattern and colors. He made a separate trip to leave us samples of the possible colors. He called to say they had another color we might like and made yet another trip to drop off the new sample. He kept us up-to-date on expected arrival of the pavers. Work was done very quickly. Meticulous and diligent crew. One paver wasn't perfectly flat, so they busted it out, rearranged the sand underneath and replaced with new paver. Final product is very nice, very professional. Excellent crew clean-up - no trash or remnants at all. Don was easy to work with and always returned our calls. Fair price for the quality of the product.

Description of Work
We had a 20' x 12' paver patio built by Backyard Retreats.

Category hardscaping

Fort Bend Painting & Remodeling

Having been in the painting and remodeling industry for more than 20 years we have come to understand what is important to our customers. We believe in providing expert painting services at a fair price. Our workers are career painters & remodelers, experienced craftsmen who take great pride in their work. We recognize that home and business projects are not an everyday occurrence for you. There is education and preparation that needs to occur so your project goes smoothly and meets your expectations. You can be assured that we will always deliver superior service that is on time and on budget. We hope you will trust Fort Bend Painting & Remodeling as your partner to improve the interior or exterior of your home or office.

Complete Fencing

Specializing in WOOD FENCING! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! We do one thing and we do it well, simple privacy fencing to replace your existing, worn out fencing.

TEXAS FORGED METAL

WEBSITE: www.TexasForgedMetal.com SOCIAL MEDIA: @texasforgedmetal MAJOR REHABS + NEW CONSTRUCTION + SERVICE MAINTENANCE: Fences/ Gates/ Operators/ Access Control/ Keypads/ Stairs/ Balconies/ Misc. Welding. Texas Forged Metal, LLC: Fence & Gate Construction Company/Vendor Operating Within & Throughout The Great State Of Texas; Our Rendered Services Encompass The Greater Houston Area & All Major Surrounding Cities & Suburbs. Craftsmanship Is Showcased By Our Combined Decades of Experience; All Quality Projects Start & Finish With Qualified Professionals.

Covered Patios, Arbors, Outdoor Kitchens, Outdoor Structures, Outdoor Bathrooms, Screened Porches, Flagstone Patios, Paver Patios, Gazabos, Fire Pits, Fireplaces, Pool Houses, Carports, Brick Pavers & Flagstone, Patios & Walks, Cabanas, Shade Pergolas, Outdoor Living Rooms, driveways, Wood Decks, Composite Decks, Balconies, Docks, Piers, Verandas, Room Additions

Ask for details.