discount appliance repair

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2010

2850 Johnnie St

Orange, TX 77630

We started bussiness in 1997.Our goal is to make you happy.We repair all major brands of appliances.We offer 24 hr service.We are a member of the bbb.org.We also offer pressure washing for homes and handy man services.We do thing you need done to a house...

11/17/2017

Kay S.

Great! No problems. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Dryer hose repaired and checked

08/17/2017

Belinda G.

Very professional and reasonably priced. When needed I will call again.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

07/05/2017

Tonya B.

Very well. He fixed it quickly for a fair price.

Description of Work
I needed my refrigerator repaired.

12/30/2014

beth W.

Everything went great. He was on time and very efficient. Would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Replaced the mother board.

08/05/2014

Craig H.

The man knows what he's doing. Called ahead 15 mins and arrived on time and didn't stop till he was finished. Very professional and I will call him again for any appliance repair. Answers all questions about the work being done . Explains everything so you understand what he's doing and why. I highly recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Repaired Matag refrigerator from icing up on bottom of freezer

06/27/2014

Bruce M.

Description of Work
Repaired my frig. Will call him again should i have another appliance problem

05/15/2014

Chris B.

He showed up on time, and diagnosed the problem quickly. He returned the next day, with the parts, and replaced the bad fan. The price quoted was the price that we paid. I will use this provider again, good service.

Description of Work
Our rental property refrigerator was not cooling properly, so we had them come perform service on it. He replaced a fan which was bad, and now the refrigerator is cooling great.

04/14/2014

Adam S.

I was on the hunt for an appliance repair shop do to the one I used closing. I called a couple but didn't feel comfortable using them for various reasons. I remembered Angie's List and found discount. I decided to try them and was glad I did. They responded very quickly and was very professional. I was impressed with how quickly the job was done and the cost of repair. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Fantastic repair and cost.

03/29/2014

William W.

After informative discussions with them, I decided to have them haul it off. I found them to be knowledgeable and professional. I appreciate their help.

Description of Work
I called them out to work on an old refrigerator.

03/28/2014

Aline M.

Description of Work
Replaced fuse.

03/17/2014

CHARLEEN C.

The repairman was prompt on both visits, his charges were very reasonable, and I will call him again.

Description of Work
Came out to troubleshoot wall oven that wasn't heating properly. He replaced the bottom element.

01/19/2014

Thomas E.

Could not hold freon. Kitchen Aid has their lines built into the unit. Not what we wanted to hear, but the truth.

Description of Work
Checked out refrigerator, informed us it needed a one way trip to the appliance cemetery. Estimate $70.00.

11/27/2013

diane H.

I ended up not repairing the fridge since the cost would be half of what it cost to purchase. They arrived on time. They are very great to work with!

Description of Work
They came out to look at my refrigerator.

08/24/2013

Sandra C.

well, they arrived when they said they would, focused on the item. told us it would keep working for a while but they did not recommend repair. just run then replace

Description of Work
diagnosed problem, recommended to replace item vs repair

04/22/2013

Charles P.

Do not buy a GE washer. Very poorly made machine and not worth the money.

Description of Work
David came out at the time that was set. He inspected my 1 1/2 year old GE washer and said the motor & transmission had gone out and it would take almost the price of a new washer to repair. Charged $60.00 for service call. David is very professional and a really nice guy. I would use him again and will recommend him to everyone.

01/23/2013

wilfrid W.

My parents 2010 Frigidaire deep freezer was not blowing any air at all, I contacted several other repair companies and the fees that they wanted just to show up was ridiculous, everything was a seperate charge on top of the call out fee and they did not offer any kind of a discount, now I understand that they are in business to make money but 100.00 dollars just to show up and 65.00 per hour plus parts, heck I only paid 375.00 for the freezer brand new, anyway I initially saw the reviews for Discount Appliance Repair on southeast texas .com and they were all very positive except for the fact that he is very busy so it may be a day or two before he can see you, but when I saw him listed again on Angies list and the reviews were the same I gave him a call that morning and explained what was going on with my parents freezer, he told me that he would be able to come out the following day which he did and explained what that the electronic temperature gauge had gone out, he was able to give me the full cost for everything (142.00) along with a "Facebook" discount for going on his page and "Liking" his business, he was very professional, my parents were very comfortable with him being there and I will be calling him in the future if I ever need any other appliance repairs, just let me say though that word of mouth has spread about this young man so he is very busy, we talked briefly before he left my parents home and he definitely has a lot of work, overall I would highly recommend Discount Appliance Repair.

Description of Work
The electronic temperature control gauge was replaced on my parents 2010 Frigidaire deep freezer.

09/25/2012

stephanie C.

He came out the day after I called. He called when he was on his way. I felt price was fair. Work was completed in about 30 min. Will def. use again!

Description of Work
Replaced the motor in my Whirlpool Duet Washer

10/03/2011

Stephen B.

Called David Wagstaff at 9am and he said he could be at my house at 3:30pm. He called me at 2:15pm and said he would be here in 45 minutes. He was here a little before 3pm. He introduced himself and ask what the problem was. He troubleshot the problem and told me that the start switch was bad and gave me two options to fix it and the price to do each. I made the decision for repair to be done. In ten minutes he was done and he showed me what he did. He gave me a discount for using Angie's list. I had called two Big Company Service Centers earlier, their service call was as much and more of the total cost I paid Discount Appliance Repair for the whole job. The Big Companies could not come out to do the job until five days.

Description of Work
Repaired "Start" switch on Whirlpool clothes dryer.

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

08/25/2011

Pat F.

I had to leave a couple of messages before my call was returned but he's busy, I understand. Once contacted though he was at my house the next day. Worked around my busy schedule which was nice. He was very friendly, competent, and professional. I thought a bit pricey for a so called "discount" service but not unreasonable. I would say overall a very good experience.

Description of Work
I had a front load dryer with intermittent power problem. These type problems are sometimes difficult to troubleshoot. He had to order a new circuit board, this took about a week to come in. He might could have rushed the part but the dryer was limping along so there wasn't a need, we were never without!. He then called and set up a quick appointment (working around my schedule which I appreciated) for the installation.

04/11/2011

S B.

Unfortunately, I have a leak that cannot be repaired. Mr. Wagstaff could have easily put freon in my refrigerator and I would have thought it was repaired. I'm thankful he was honest. Its not great news, but it's nice not be rip-off. If you want a honest repair, called Discount Appliance.

Description of Work
My refrigerator was not cooling properly and I called Discount Appliance Repair to diagnose the problem. After a friendly chit-chat and explaining my un-icebox issue, Mr. Wagstaff, retrieved his tools to check out the what was wrong with my refrigerator. He checked the compressor and other items in the freezer. Mr. Wagstaff discovered I had leak somewhere in the coils and it was unrepairable.

Melvin Michaels Services

We specialize in appliance services, maintenance, repairs, and installs, for all major brands and models! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Melvin Michaels Services on Angi
    Amos Soft & Pressure Washing

We are a pressure washing service. We can clean your home, driveway, patio, porch, sidewalk, privacy fence and more.

Appliance Genius

Appliance Genius LLC has become a well-renowned Appliance Repair Service in Houston, Austin, Dallas & Beaumont. What started out as a hobby turned into a full-fledged business offering the highest quality repairs. Our passion for fixing what’s broken has brought us to the forefront of the repair industry, and our impeccable results have kept us there. Houston 713-554-0100 / Austin 512-980-8888 Beaumont 409-246-7979 / Dallas 214-814-4040

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
    10.00

We repair all major brands of home appliances.We offer same day service. We offer 90 day warranty.We offer pressure washing for homes and driveways.