The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Founded 1947 • With Angi since March 2011

3706 N County Rd W

Odessa, TX 79764

Family owned. A full service mechanical contractor specializing in the comfort of the residents of all of Darville USA. Serving clients in Midland and Odessa as well as surrounding counties; all the Permian Basin. Additional email - darvilledispatch@darvilleco.com. DBA - The Darville Company....

06/20/2017

Jude M.

The plumber who came fixed the faucets, spoke on the phone with me about the repairs, then agreed to also check the faucets in the back yard for similar problems. After his report, I asked him to replace one of the back yard faucet connections, too.

Description of Work
I needed some minor plumbing done on some outdoor faucets that had been damaged by someone doing yard work.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for the encouragement for the great people I get to work with in your review. We really do have a great bunch of folks. Call us anytime! Mark Darville - 580-9675

04/10/2017

Claudie W.

I am always very happy with their service.

Description of Work
I needed to additional maintenance with regular a/c check and on a separate call needed a part for my hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for saying so. We certainly do have a great group of folks I get to work with. The care and service they show every customer every day is astonishing. Sure makes my job fun! We appreciate your business! Mark Darville

10/17/2016

Vamsi S.

Very prompt, on to the task, professional Will call them again if needed

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you of very much. We appreciate your business and stand ready and waiting to help you again whenever you need us. Mark Darville

08/22/2016

Dianne M.

We had a new heating A/C unit installed by the Darville Co last week. Ann Darville helped us choose the right unit for our house and our budget. She made an appointment that worked with our schedules. The 2 men who did the actual install, Israel and Vince, were great. They were on time, very professional, answered all our questions, were nice to my dogs, and even cleaned up after themselves. The new unit fit in the old space but wouldn't fit through the existing door frame. Darville made all the arrangements to make sure a new door and frame were properly installed and painted. Everything was perfect and we highly recommend The Darville Company.

Description of Work
New heating A/C unit

Category plumbing

Are they not WONDERFUL? It is a joy to get to work with these guys and getting to go home with that good-lookin' sales lady! ;-) Vince has actually received a promotion and is now our Peak Performance Maintenance Program leader and takes care of all the scheduled maintenance customers. If you have not already joined our Peak Performance maintenance program, you should consider doing so. It will be Vince that comes and services your unit each time. We certainly do appreciate your business. Call us anytime we can be of service. Mark Darville

11/02/2015

Ricardo M.

Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Checked the outside unit.

Category plumbing

Thank you so very much for calling us. We will always do our very best for you. Call us anytime we can serve you. Mark Darville

10/06/2015

Leo N.

Very professional and stuck to the original estimate. Our old unit was 20 years old and the a/c was not working. Back in March, the company recommended replacing the unit, which I assumed they would since it was an old unit. We felt the estimate was a good price and it included 10 warranties which is nice. They installed our unit about a week later and had to upgrade the unit because it was all that was available but they stuck to the original price. We also got an nicer thermostat than originally listed on the estimate. The guys were professional and had the work done in a timely manner. They cleaned up after they finished installing everything and took the old unit for us. In August, we had a problem with the unit leaking water inside. We called them and they sent someone out a couple hours later. Since we're still under warranty, the service call was free and they fixed the issue. I've been impressed with how quickly they respond to service calls, even in the busy summer months. We've been very pleased with The Darville Company.

Description of Work
Replaced old heating & a/c unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so very much. Even though I have come to expect good responses, it still warms my heart to hear such reviews about those I get to work with. As I probably told you, the best thing you will like about The Darville Company is our people. They are what make this company great. You also need to understand that it doe snot take a new system project to get us to serve you. In fact when I finish this response I am headed to Andrews to help a customer this afternoon. Call us anytime we can be of service. Mark Darville

08/16/2015

Joanna W.

The Darville Company sent out a very great man named Jan to do a 20 pt inspection on my A/C. To say he did more than I expected would be an understatement. Jan was friendly, answered all questions that I had...which were many....and explained everything to me along with taking photos for me to have a better understanding when explaining problems my unit had, or would have in the near future. He was in my attic for close to three hours on a 100+ degree day. When he came down, he never once mentioned how terribly hot he was.....that is real professionalism. I had a hole in my drip pan and he came back three days later to replace it. The same professionalism, friendliness and patience were shown at that time also. The quality of the work he performed was by far superior to anyone who has done any work on my house. The Darville Company has shown me what true workmanship is. When the time comes, I plan on having this company put in a new unit for me. I couldn't be more satisfied with Darville, knowing they have people like Jan working for them. I will use them again and again for all my needs. If there was a score higher than an A+, they would get it. I can't express enough how satisfied I was and am with Darville. I highly recommend them to everyone. Once used, you will never use another company. The Darville Company is the best. Thank you Jan for the work you did for someone who is hard to please.

Description of Work
Performed 20 pt inspection.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

I cannot begin to tell you what joy it is to work with the folks I get to work with every day. These men and women are truly dedicated to taking care of the needs of our customers and exceeding their expectations on every call - every time.

08/03/2015

Linda I.

They were very efficient and gave us recommendations to improve our home.

Description of Work
Checked plumbing, flushed hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you very much for your business and your response complimenting my fantastic staff. We are sorry that your request for a plumbing check got caught up in a high volume period of customers with major issues of water leaks, sewer stoppages and construction priorities. Looks like we could have done a better job of communicating with you. You can be assured that when you have a major problem like a water leak, sewer stoppage or construction issue, you will be prioritized ahead of maintenance requests as well. Call us whenever we can be of service. Mark Darville

07/23/2015

chellye T.

The handle to my water shutoff valve for a bathroom faucet broke off in my hands. I had to turn off the home's water supply due to the rapid water leak. I called Darville, who had previously re-plumbed a relative's entire house -- a job they were very happy with. I was quoted an $89 initial fee. They arrived quickly, and I asked about having a total of 6 valves replaced (all the same sub-par brand) -- and was quoted over $1100. That shocked me, so I told the plumber that I only wanted the one valve replaced. He said it would cost the $89 initial fee plus another $191 to replace the valve. I wasn't in a good position to say no... it was late in the day, and I needed to be able to turn my water back on. The work took less than 15 minutes to complete -- and probably involved $10 in parts. So $280 seemed like highway robbery. I will absolutely never call on them again. Update: I spoke with the owner, who agreed that the amount charged was excessive. I told him I did not want a full refund... I wanted to pay a fair charge for the service performed. We agreed on a price, and I received a check for (most of) the difference. I was impressed with his candor and focus on ending up with a satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Replaced a single water shutoff valve

Category plumbing

Sounds out of line to me as well. I am sorry that you did not call me first. I ALWAYS make my customers happy. I will call you and reimburse you for the whole ticket to hopefully regain your favor. Mark Darville

07/06/2015

Andrew K.

Very well. Very professional.

Description of Work
Inspected hvac system, cleaned condenser

Category plumbing

Thank you for your response it is greatly appreciated. Keeping our customer's Home Comfort Systems working as efficiently and effectively as possible is the core of our business. Call us whenever we can be of service to you. Mark Darville

07/01/2015

Maurice W.

The tech, Jan, showed up on time and performed an inspection of my central air conditioning system inside and out. He took his time and found a small leak in my coil as well as some other problems. He did a cleaning of the outside unit and checked the temps of my air. I asked for an opinion and recommendation to which he replied. Jan was professional and helpful through out the inspection. For those wondering, he never tried to sell me any product his company offered. I'm having problems with my a/c unit and the company my home warranty is using has not been good for me and I called Darville company for a second opinion since they had a deal going on. I was pleased with the worked performed and will strongly consider them in the future should a need arrive.

Description of Work
A/C inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your response. Jan is an excellent example of our professional technicians. We did not have good experiences with the Home Warranty companies in the past when we worked for them. Because they treat their customers and their venders so very poorly is why you seldom see a established successful contractor work with them. We will be here to serve you in any way. Mark Darville

06/24/2015

Jude M.

I selected this company based on their reviews on Angie's List and was completely satisfied with them. Compared to the other companies that provided estimates, the Darville folks were prompt, friendly, and competent. Their price was towards the high end of the range of estimates I had obtained, but it was reasonable value for the work they provided. The owner, Mark Darville, met with me in person before they started the work and spent about 45 minutes in the house with me, going over everything that needed to be done and the schedule and reasons for doing it. The furnace closet needed to be enlarged to accommodate the new larger unit, which was work they don't do, but he recommended a local carpenter to do that work for me who was affordable and quick. From talking with Mr. Darville, it was clear that he -- a third-generation HVAC specialist -- and his family put real pride and effort into training and supporting their technicians. They also have a large enough staff of work crews that - unlike several other companies who provided estimates - they were able to start work on this project the next day, and they finished it in less than a week. I definitely recommend this company and plan to use them for follow-up service.

Description of Work
Installed complete new air conditioning unit and furnace unit in an older home; removed and disposed of the old systems and vents; provided new venting and extra insulation in attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing

Thank you so very much for your response. Your project, though challenging, was a fun and interesting project because of the old fan powered wall furnaces are not commonly seen - in fact in all my years I had not seen a heating system set up like this house had. We appreciate the confidence you have given us and assure you that we will do anything to keep that reputation. Our reputation built by my father, my grandfather and the great people I get to work with is the reason for my success as is evident when we see that over 85% of our business comes from returning customers and their referrals. You are a joy to work for - we look forward to serving you again. Mark Darville

06/19/2015

Luis R.

Jan did an outstanding job with my a/c units. He was punctual, professional and courteous. He explained the condition of all the different equipment and made good suggestions that will help to extend the life of the a/c units. Looking forward to doing business with Darville Co. in the future.

Description of Work
Complete cleaning and tune-up of 3 A/C units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

In an era that the American people have come to expect poor service and/or pushy people, we try every day to build relationships. We understand that being a relationship based company insulates us from the booms and busts of the West Texas economy. It is because of great caring technicians like Jan that The Darville Company is UP in this bust year over 2014. We understand that our greatest asset is our people and the customers they bring into the family. Thank you for making a response. Call us for any reason. Mark Darville

06/13/2015

Jaime H.

I called in the morning and they came out that afternoon. The two young men were very professional and friendly. They explained what was wrong, how it would be fixed and the cost. They made sure everything was working properly before they left and said if there was any more trouble to please let Darville know. I was very pleased with the promptness and helpfulness. Will use them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Repaired the air conditioning unit that went out.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you so very much for the encouraging words. I will agree that we have a outstanding group of knowledgeable and courteous technicians and apprentices. It is a joy to work with them every day. We are here and available to serve you with any comfort or plumbing concern. Call us whenever we can be of service. Mark Darville

06/09/2015

Londa M.

He came over quickly and on time. Offered some suggestion for future repairs. I will definitely use them in the future!

Description of Work
replaced the plumbing under a sink

Category plumbing

Thank you so very much. We appreciate your business - every time. Call us anytime.

04/20/2015

ben A.

They did fine. There was no extra fees. They had no problem showing up to the appointment. There was an issue that wasn't addressed. I called them back after. They were going to charge me a fee. But, I said that it was included. Anyway, they did it. They came back out. It was not a problem. They did good. I didn't have problems with my air conditioner. I guess, they did a tune up. I don't know what they did to it. I don't know if they just opened and looked at it. I was a little service. There was nothing added, attached or cleaned. There was nothing like that.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your response! However it is our desire to not just do our job but to exceed expectations on every job. So we are going to perform this Clean and Check for you again just to make sure we performed well and that you are thrilled with us. We appreciate your business! Mark Darville

04/12/2015

Sandra R.

First they came out and gave me a quote. I did have to pay for it but it was taken off of the total price when we chose them. They dug up our backyard with a small backhoe. They also had to cut our concrete to remove all the orange burg pipe. A new sewer line was laid down and they gave us three access points incase our line ever got clogged.( we had none before. our yard is longer than most of the snakes used to clear the pipes.) As they worked our sprinkler lines were cut and repaired as they went along. They then filled in the dirt and patched our cement. 1 week after this was complete I received a call from their office asking how it was working for us and if there were any problems. I told them I noticed a problem with the sprinkler line. They came out the next day and found one line they missed. I love the work they did, I love the price and especially them checking for my satisfaction. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replace our orange Burg sewer line.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Thank you so very much for your response. We work hard every day to exceed our customer's every expectation and to raise the bar of what the public expects of a plumber. We want everyone to expect to be taken care of thoroughly by a neat, clean and efficient ..... Professional Plumber. I am proud of those I get to work with --- sure makes my job fun! Call us again for any reason.

03/27/2015

JON S.

The work was performed well. My only complaint was the price first charged, around $500, since the part costs less than $100. This seemed exorbitant to me. I inquired about it, and they reduced the bill by $100. Still, I wondered what would happen to other homeowners who did not question the price. To their credit they furnished me later with a detailed bill, which showed that the part was indeed was only about $100.

Description of Work
replaced a broken garbage disposal

Category plumbing

I appreciate your response and certainly am happy that you were pleased with our service. I reviewed the information and notes on this call we performed in December and saw in the notes where I had given the refund and visited with to you about the pricing mistake. We certainly did make an embarrassing mistake when we priced the services we performed for you - we were off by one line in the price book. You had asked for the standard disposal but we charged you for the heavier duty disposal with a larger motor, heavier blades and sound insulation. I apologize again for our mistake, and hope you will call us again when we can be of service. Mark Darville

03/23/2015

Kara C.

Excellent, professional, on time.

Description of Work
Fixed a gas leak.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Thank you so very much. We are glad you were pleased. We are doing our best to reverse the public perception of the Plumbing Service business so that everyone EXPECTS to receive clean, courteous, efficient service. Call us anytime for any reason.

03/05/2015

Robert A.

Keith arrived within the time frame he said he would, showed me how to "unclog" the disposal. Tried to make friends with my shy dog. :) I told him I had an appointment and worked to make it happen. Keith was nice and a wonderful service representative. Very personable, very helpful and pointed out the warranty to me. Thanks Keith!

02/23/2015

Sean M.

2 employees showed up after a panicked afternoon call. They were very polite and serviced my furnace quickly. Very good service and will use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much. We try very hard to bring the comfort quickly and ease the panic. You can be assured that I am the definition of Spoiled when it comes to being comfortable. Even though we spend most of our days in homes and businesses that have comfort issues, when I get home I expect it to be perfectly comfortable. My 20.00 SEER American Standard Platinum Heat Pump with Variable Capacity operation and 4-zone controls keep my whole house within 1/2 of a degree of set-point - ALl the time. If at the end of the day I got home and found it uncomfortable, believe me, I would panic as well! Call us anytime for any reason! Mark Darville

02/03/2015

Jim W.

They did not charge me more than the $49 deal. It took them forty minutes to do their work. They did not do a whole lot of work so I cannot evaluate the quality of work. They just did what they did. They were on time.

Description of Work
I used the big deal of The Darville Company. They did a clean up on the air conditioner unit. They checked the unit to make sure it was working right and checked the Freon level.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you! I am glad your system was in good working order and our thorough inspection did reveal the need for any further repairs. We hope to be your plumbing, heating and cooling contractor from here on! Call us for any reason. Thank you, Mark Darville

01/06/2015

Jeannie P.

Great please see above statement.

Description of Work
But new central air/heating unit. It was great from the time they came out and gave the estimate until the complete job was done. Very professional and polite. The installers were also very professional and polite. The job was completed in a couple of days from the time the estimate was quoted. Would highly recommend this company.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you so very much. It is a joy to work with these guys/gals. They do a remarkable job taking care of our customers. Call us anytime! Mark Darville

11/12/2014

Jeremy H.

They were prompt and thorough with their description of my needs. They explained my options for replacement of my 30 year old unit and also informed me of the potential safety issues! They left me with a competitive quote on a new unit which I will be installing very soon.

Description of Work
They gave me a full point inspection of my a/c and heat unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you very much. Furnaces can last along time, but you are right that 30 year old appliance is past its prime operational curve and could have safety, dependability and efficiency issues. We are ready to update your Home Comfort System when you area. We do have many financing options if you need to use them as well. Mark Darville

10/20/2014

Charles G.

Provided performed as expected

Description of Work
Checked HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you so very much. It is now time to get heaters checked out before the cold gets here! Give us a call and we will get that completed for you. Thanks, Mark Darville

Mr. Electric of Midland

Mr. Electric is a full service residential and commercial electrical company that is capable of handling all your electrical needs from a simple service call to large commercial projects. We proudly serve our customers with a commitment to service and value. We have the experience and expertise to get the job done right the first time. Locally owned and operated – owner Keith Hernandez has over 20 years of tried and tested experience with both residential and commercial clients. Financing available upon approval. Please call us today to schedule your appointment with Texas' true professionals at work for you!

Offers by Mr. Electric of Midland on Angi
    Corey Sly Electrical Service Inc

Established in 1988, we pride ourselves in providing the best electrical service to residents and businesses in Midland, Odessa and the surrounding areas. Corey Sly Electrical Service is unique because we offer flat rate pricing. Flat rate pricing allows us to give an up-front price to our customers for each job that is requested, no matter how small or large the project might be. Our electricians are a great group of licensed experienced professionals. We are Insured and Bonded. Our Texas Electrical Contractor License (TECL) number is #17194. We are a proud member of both the Midland and Odessa Chamber of Commerce and we've been voted Midland's Favorite Electrical Repair Service year after year. We are equipped to meet the demands of all customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our Emergency Service Crew. We have crews located in both Midland and Odessa. We also service Stanton, Greenwood, and Gardendale. We also travel to Andrews, Big Spring, Crane, & Monahans with a trip charge.

Action Air

Honest, Prompt and Professional service for all your plumbing, heating and air conditioning needs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Ask for details.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing

How is The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing overall rated?

The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What payment options does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing provide

The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer free estimates?

Ask The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing for details on free project estimates.

Does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer a senior discount?

No, The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing does not offer a senior discount.

Does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer emergency services?

Yes, The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing?

No, The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing does not offer warranties.

What services does The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offer?

The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers the following services: Plumbing, water heaters, gas lines, sewer lines, drain cleaning, pool & spa heaters, disposals & dishwashers. Heating & A/C

Are there any services The Darville Company - Air Conditioning & Plumbing does not offer?

Ask for details.