smittys wood care

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2011

180 Industrial Blvd

Mckinney, TX 75069

We offer free estimates for outdoor wood staining and fence repairs. We have been in business since1999. Serving Mckinney, Allen, Plano and Frisco....

10/26/2017

Gianna and John G.

Smitty’s Wood Care in McKinney, TX is an outstanding company. I live in Dallas and they came to power wash with a cleaning solution first and then re-finish my fence with their semi-color oil finish they make themselves at the shop. The fence turned out to be beautiful, it really looks like new. They were punctual, competent & professional, and very nice, too. In addition, they were reasonable and fair in price. It’s the only company I will ever use in the future!

Description of Work
Fence re-finish

Category fencing,deck cleaning

07/30/2017

Jennifer J.

Our first scheduled appointment was rained out. The only real annoyance was that they did not contact me at all regarding the rain-out. Once I contacted them, I was given a new date. The job itself was well-done and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Fence staining

11/16/2016

Judy & Larry C.

I was very happy with the job did by Smitty's. Mike Smith was very responsive to my inquiries and the job was done very professionally. The cleaning was done ahead of time, to give it adequate time to dry before the staining and sealing. Mike's employees were courteous and did the job quickly. I would recommend Smitty's without reservation. A quality company.

Description of Work
We had a older wooden fence cleaned, restained, and sealed

05/14/2014

Martin L.

This is the third time I have used Mike Smith for fence staining over the last ten years. His work is excellent, he performs the work within a reasonable period of time and uses top-quality stains. I have been very pleased.

Description of Work
Stain Fence

Category fencing,deck cleaning,house painters

03/15/2014

Lloyd S.

Mike came out for the estimate right on time. The work was scheduled but had to be rescheduled because it was a bit too windy. I like the fact that they know the results of staining on a windy day...it can get messy. They came out the next week, as scheduled, and did an awesome job. The guy doing the work was very through and polite. He wiped the poles down so they weren't streaked and went back and touched up a couple areas where the wood was extra dry. It's always nice catching a contractor going the extra mile. Great guys and will have them come back. Thanks.

Description of Work
Clean, stain, and seal 170 lf of 8' tall cedar fence

08/09/2013

Nick G.

Did a great job of repairing our fence and staining the fence and deck. Was very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Fence repair and stain, deck stain. We live on a corner lot so there is a lot of fence. The back side of my fence was leaning towards our alley so Mike replaced the 5 short wood posts with metal ones and pushed the fence back in so it is upright again. HIs team also stained the fence and our pool deck while protecting the pool and plants in our backyard. Did a great job all around.

Category fencing,deck cleaning,house painters

04/05/2013

Lloyd S.

Outstanding! Mike called me back an hour I left him a message. He came out later that day and gave me an estimate that was a whole lot less than the competing bids. They came out and sprayed the fence within a week as promised and a couple days later to do the staining. They covered our outside furniture and cleaned-up the over-spray. We also had a new portion of the fence we needed them to match the color to a four year-old section as well as our shutters...all three were in different conditions and colors before they started. Mike's team was able to get all three to match which was something I wasn't expecting at all. Don't have your fence stained without calling Mike. Some of the estimates I received were double what Mike charged.

Description of Work
Stain 200 ft of cedar fence.

11/27/2012

Angela M.

great! took extra care on boards that had been replaced and even left me about 1/2 gal of stain to touch up myself. whole project took a few days due to having to let it dry between cleaning and staining. looks GREAT and even neighbors commented on how good it looked. they had overlooked one section and came back the next day and stained it...no problem.

Description of Work
cleaned (bleached) and restained entire fence, both sides

05/29/2012

Kimberly T.

This company was recommended by the company that installed my new fencing, but unfortunately I did not have the same good experience as with the fencing company itself. Mike was fairly difficult to communicate with, and slow to respond to inquiries and questions. I now believe this company had too many jobs to manage effectively and based on my experience, it's unlikely I'd refer someone else. Once the work was done, it looked pretty good, but frustrating to get to that point. There was a follow up item as well afterward, a problem with the stain on the gate, and while I do have an answer now, just getting that information after the fact was a challenge as well. Maybe my job was too small to be a priority, maybe they were just swamped at the time, but I believe better expectations should have been set up front, and communication needs a lot of work.

Description of Work
Power wash gate & apply new stain, and stain 40+ feet of new fencing in the backyard.

Category fencing,house painters

As with my last reply for our other customer.....Weather plays a very key role if we are going to do work on any given day. When the wind is above 15 mph, we DO NOT spray. We communicated as to when we would be in the customers yard. If we make an appointment and the wind is 15-25mph, it is obvious that we will not be spraying stain in your yard. From the time we came to clean the gate to the day we came to stain, the customer was aware of the day....We cannot be specific as to the hour as we have many jobs going on and some run over time. On a day to day basis, the weather changes.....We have had WEEKS in the past when we could not stain. I really believe that its an aggravation to most people to hear me reschedule for another day when the wind MIGHT cooperate, then, reschedule when the weather man says we will be expecting high winds....On occasion, we have a DAY or TWO within a weeks time that conditions are favorable to stain. We provide a quality job at a fair price. The team that works with me know their business. I am DISSAPOINTED in these CRITICAL reviews.....P.S. The problem with the customers gate is that the painters got some paint on it and it was not noticable until the stain was complete.....HOW IS THE REVIEW THEY GOT FOR THEIR PAINTING?????????

04/18/2012

Mia G.

They are impossible to get a hold of and they never answer the phone. They take weeks to show up and put you on the books and show up when they want to. They didn't stain the shutters like they were supposed to and it took them three weeks to come back. They also spilled stain on my lawn and killed a ten square foot space of grass and didn't tell me about it. They have never been real quick but they used to be better.

Description of Work
Smitty's power washed and stained our fence.

Category house painters

With our seasonal work, we have to lay some off people when we are not busy. Sometimes work comes faster than anticipated. We strive to do a good job at a fair price. Weather plays a major role as to whether we can get work done. The obvious is the rain, however, wind is big factor too. If the wind is over 15 mph, we don typically spray stain. As a result, schedules can be change on a daily basis and often are. As to the shutters, they did get done. It was after the fact we did the fence, but they did get done. There was some stain spilled, I didnt know it killed a section of grass, but I am willing to compensate and send a partial refund. We stain around 300 fences a year. I understand our communication isnt the best. If the wind speed didnt play a major role in our getting work done, we would definately have an easier job. Thanks for reading...

Pitch & Gables Construction

At Pitch & Gables Construction We give each project we work on the personalized attention it deserves. We work side by side with our clients to understand their ideas and accommodate their concerns, while adhering to the agreed-upon budget. We specialize in Fences, Pergolas, Covered Patios, Paint and Remodeling. Once you set up a meeting us, we will help you plan, budget, and carry out your dream project. We believe in treating our customers’ homes and properties as our own, with care and respect. We are insured and have combined 15 years of experience.

Landmark Property Services

With over 20yrs of Professional Painting experience we offer "Great High Quality Work At Great Price!" A fresh coat of paint or stain can bring new life to rooms, add curb appeal to homes and commercial buildings, and help protect your investment for years to come. We are happy to bid on all types of painting, or staining projects in the North Texas area. We will meet with you, at your convenience, and provide you with a free, written, detailed estimate. There will be no surprise charges added after the fact. Locally owned and operated, we are a small company with big capabilities, including interior painting, exterior painting, commercial painting, deck and fence finishing, and drywall repair and installation. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Landmark Property Services on Angi
    Inside & Out Roofing, Painting & Remodeling LLC

Inside and Out specializes in all your Roofing, Painting and Remodeling needs. We are fully Licensed and Insured for your protections and offer affordable monthly payment options for your convenience. ***FREE ROOFING INSPECTIONS*** **Insurance Claim Specials- Get credit toward upgrades and other services on all insurance claim projects.** Take advantage of our quick and friendly customers service and schedule an appointment for a free consultation today!

Offers by Inside & Out Roofing, Painting & Remodeling LLC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal

We stain using oil base formulas that preserve and extend the life of your outdoor wood structure. We specialize in fence staining and repairs. Whether it is new or has turned gray on you, we can clean and stain / seal to beautify and extend the life of the wood.

We don't build fences, but work with a company that does.