Handyman Connection of McKinney

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2016

Handyman Connection of McKinney is locally owned and operated. Our goal is for Handyman Connection to provide customers with excellent workmanship and superior customer service. Each of our craftsmen has solid experience and all have gone through background checks. We enjoy helping our good neighbors and making the communities and homes we live in better places through home repair and improvement projects. We are passionate about taking your home improvement dreams and making them a reality....

A Service Provider's profile image

+122 more images

woodworking202275070
Closing room with two gigantic custom barn doors.
Custom Barn Doors project

woodworking

202275070

handyman (33)drywall (7)interior painting (6)door installation (5)ceiling fan installation (2)woodworking (2)house painting (1)deck cleaning (1)tile installation (1)fence company (5)cabinet makers (5)mailbox repair (2)

06/29/2022

Elaine F.

I will never use Handyman Connection again and would not recommend them to anyone else. My project was to mount a mantle on a brick fireplace. The company owner came out and assessed the project. He was to get back to me with an estimate. The mantle is a very heavy beam. I received the estimate 2 weeks later after calling to ask about it. The estimate seemed really high, but I was told it would require 2 skilled workmen at least a day and possibly another half day to complete the job. Workmen came out a week later, said the brackets to mount the mantle would require a special order and they would get back to me. Heard nothing for 2 weeks, so called the company. Was told I had been sent an email stating when work was scheduled. I never received it. Workman showed up morning after I called. Only 1 workman came and he completed the job in 2 hours. The project cost over $1500 and while he did a nice job and cleaned up after himself, all the job really required was the installation of 3 L brackets and quickly placing the beam on them. This is not what was originally discussed and quoted for. I sent a letter to the company detailing my problems with them. Then had difficulty reaching the owner. Finally reached him by calling the company myself. The owner stated that he called numerous times and phone always went to voice mail. He left no messages. My iPhone recorded no calls from Handyman Connection. Stated he sent text stating when workman would be returning to complete the job. I never received it. I expressed my displeasure with the cost of the project. He stated that he did not base the cost on how many workmen and how many hours it would require to do the job. He based it on the skill required to do the job, the weight and uniqueness of the beam and the fact that he had to supply the insurance to cover any problems. He is making no adjustment in the cost of the project. This company charged an excessive amount of money for what turned out to be a much simpler installation than suggested. In future, I will get multiple estimates before employing any handymen and I would recommend you find someone other than Handyman Connection of McKinney for your work.

Description of Work
Attach mantel to brick fireplace

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Thanks for sharing your feedback. While we are glad to hear that you were happy with our craftsmanship, it's disappointing that you did not feel you had more clarity on the pricing for your project. We understand that you felt the cost was high, and we can assure you that our estimates are based on the high quality of work as well as the value we bring to our customers. It is important to mention that we provided you with an estimate to do the work and not an hourly rate. We did point this out to you before we began, and it was our understanding that you agreed to this. There were different challenging tasks involved to install your fireplace mantel, and only a skilled and experienced carpenter would be able to complete this efficiently. You did mention that you had some difficulty finding a company that would be able to take this on, based on the complexity of the work required. We deeply apologize you didn't hear from us as soon as you would like, and we can assure you that there were many occasions we tried to connect with you by voicemail, email, and by text. Since our system tracks all of our outreach, we did send you the recording of the voicemails and texts that we sent to you. We hope you will have the chance to review them so that we can connect directly and provide more details about the work that we completed if it would be helpful. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

01/31/2021

Stephen N.

Wonderful. The company was very flexible and responsive for scheduling, and Dusty, the tech sent out, was too.

Description of Work
Assembling two adjustable bed bases. Including some emergency bedframe surgery when the bedframe and adjustable bed maker had different ideas of the size defined by "California King".

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're glad to know that you were pleased with Dusty's work and that he could make sure the bed frame could fit the mattress correctly. It's great that he could be resourceful and deliver exactly what you were looking for. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us! Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

10/12/2020

Phil B.

Exceptionally well. The end product was amazing and exceeded my expectations. Christian was great to work with - he is creative, responsive and truly cares about making you happy. His crew was punctual, worked very hard, communicated well with me and are true craftsmen. Overall I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Significant modifications on my new home, This included knocking down walls, closing off a hallway, installing crown molding throughout, significant electrical and drywall work, installing cabinets. installing flooring, adding ceiling fans to 6 room and changing all bathroom fixtures.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

08/03/2020

Lana C.

My Handyman was prompt and finished in the time he said it would.

Description of Work
Repaired wooden fence

Category custom cabinets, fencing

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/05/2020

Laura F.

Kevin was Great. He did a remarkable job

Description of Work
Hanging drapes

Work Completed On 07/05/2020

06/03/2020

Christine D.

Juan was super friendly and helpful. He explained the issues and was thorough in checking out the problems. He also gave me several choices along with cost analysis. I would definitely call them back out.

Description of Work
The mailbox inside my brick column was rusted and needed to be replaced.

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

05/13/2020

Maureen K.

They did a fabulous job and I was very pleased and they responded even more quickly than originally planned.

Description of Work
I need someone to add some length to the gate and possibly other places on the fence line. The gap is large enough for my dog to escape. Or if there is another suggestion I am open to it.

Category fencing, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Thank you! We're grateful that you called and we're glad that our craftsman did a fabulous job! We appreciate that you shared your review. Looking forward to serve you on your next project. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

05/11/2020

Sherry C.

The repair person did not trim the drywall to be flush around the ceiling light. I can see the attic through a hole in the drywall. Also, the repair person tried to fix a piece of sagging sheetrock by nailing it to a beam in the attic. It did not hold for longer than 24 hours. The company will not return and fix their work. I paid them to replace my gate. The pickets didn't line up with the existing pickets in the fence. The quality of work doesn't leave you feeling great. I have to have someone else fix their work and make it look right.

Description of Work
Repair the sheetrock that was falling from the ceiling in the garage and repair the gate.

Category drywall, fencing

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Review for Handyman Connection of McKinney - 307 S McDonald St, Mckinney, TX - 38556806

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that our service did not meet your full expectations. As mentioned, we guarantee our work for 1 year. We had a time reserve on our schedule to go look at the situation. Based on our conversation we understood that you were expecting having items, not covered in the original scope of work, guarantee free of charge. Your patronage is very important so please contact us if you want us to go look at the items we were originally contracted for and we will be happy to serve you. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

05/07/2020

Marilyn S.

Fine. Only didnt change lock doorknob the right way.

Description of Work
Repair barn storage

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Thank you for sharing this review. We always aim to do better than fine work. The office will be contacting you to see the situation with the doorknob and we will be sending the craftsman to take care of it. We appreciate that you called us and we'd be happy to work with you again! Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

11/13/2019

Mariya K.

I don’t often write reviews but I was blown away by the professionalism and the attention to detail that Handyman Connection provided. They were not only punctual, but they also did exceptional work. They were extremely accommodating and worked around my schedule. I will definitely be calling them again for all repairs I need done!

Description of Work
We moved into our home and needed several small and a few big repairs done.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Thank you. We're grateful that you called and we're glad that our craftsman did an exceptional work! We appreciate that you shared your review. Looking forward to serve you on your next project. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

10/29/2019

Deon H.

Handyman Connection was great to work with from start to finish. I had a hole in my ceiling and the came in and provided me with the best solution. The office kept me informed on everything from start to finish and we’re amazing to work with. I will definitely be calling them back.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

Thank you! It made our day to read your thoughtful review and know that you're pleased. We work to build lifetime connections with our clients and we appreciate the chance to help with your home projects. We are always just a call away when your next need comes up! Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

10/21/2019

Jeremith C.

I contacted Handyman Connection and they quickly scheduled me and gave me a fair estimate. I scheduled the work and received a professional service. I am very satisfied with the work done. This company is amazing!

Description of Work
Painting living and dinning area

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience! Your home is where your heart is and we're grateful that we could help you take care of it. We're just a phone call away if you need any help in the future. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

08/04/2019

Fred S.

Quoted over 4 times the cost that I had the job completed for. This was a rip off on a small job.

Description of Work
Build a partial wall

Work Completed On 08/04/2019

Thank you for sharing the experience you had. Looking at our system we do not have your name on file and never went to visit you to look at a project. It appears that you received the estimate from another company. Should you need help in the future to deliver on a home project, please give us a call and we would be happy to serve you. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection.

07/20/2019

Helen D.

Great!! The handyman , Kevin, was excellent, thorough, friendly and even found other things that needed doing and best of all he fixed my garage door sensor, which had been giving me issues. I was extremely pleased with his work!

Description of Work
recaulking of windows, weather stripping on front door, nail pops in ceiling

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Thank you! It made our day to read your review and know that you're pleased. We work to build lifetime connections with our clients and we appreciate the chance to help with your home projects. We are always just a call away when your next need comes up! Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

02/19/2019

Donna T.

Adam did a great job sanding and staining the wood trim that dog had chewed on. It looked great. He was prompt, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Monica in the office scheduled and handled the payment. Was very pleased with Handyman Connection.

Description of Work
Wood trim was chewed by dog

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

It's wonderful to see your recognition of Adam's craftsmanship! Thank you! We're glad that you're enjoying the experience. It was great to work for you! Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

04/07/2018

Judy & Larry C.

Rodney did an outstanding job on my mailbox project. When he quoted the job, he was on time for the appointment and explained everything in detail. When he did the job, he was again right on time and explained what he was going to do and then did the job very much to my satisfaction. He kept me informed as to what he was doing and when the job was going to be complete. The mailbox install was great and I would definitely use Handyman Connection and Rodney again.

Description of Work
Take out existing mailbox/post/concrete anchor and install new mailbox/post anchored in concrete.

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

Thanks for the great feedback. Your A Grade made our day and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know we delivered excellent services for you. Christian, Owner of Handyman Connection

10/26/2017

Donna B.

Great, Tim was very responsive to phone calls and text. He showed up on time, worked well, cleaned up everything and did so in a timely manner. Very professional.

Description of Work
I had crown molding installed in several rooms and a dog door put in through a brick wall.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

Thank You fro the kind words! We are so glad to hear about the wonderful service Tim provided. Please feel free to contact us for any future home repairs needs.

10/13/2017

Venu Y.

Todd was extremely helpful and didnt mind going up twice when the bulbs we first fixed werent too bright for the room (even though i had provided those bulbs)... very courteous and fence work was excellent....

Description of Work
15 foot ceiling bulbs (in a dome) needed replacement Fence repairs

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

08/03/2017

Eileen N.

Very well. He was professional and cleaned up all the trash and wood shavings left on floor before he left. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Large mirror installed in bathroom, pet door removed and new one installed, cabinet door under sink installed and new front door lock and door handle installed.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Thank you for taking time to leave an amazing review!

07/26/2017

Lauren R.

Paul explained the job thoroughly and gave great opinions about the project. He trim was a great match and the paint job looked wonderful. Took his time with the detail, cleaned after his work. Very nice guy and work was wonderful!

Description of Work
Painting doors and replacing trim work on doors

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/22/2017

We appreciate your time and wonderful feedback! We look forward to servicing all of your future home repair needs!

07/22/2017

Greg W.

The handyman was very professional, prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. He called prior to heading toward my house, to let me know he was on his way. I also got email messages from The Handyman Connection to notify me of his approach. Everything was well coordinated. The work was professionally done. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Adjustment of a front entry door that had expanded due to excessive moisture. The handyman assessed the needs requirement, identified specific areas to adjust, and identified specific tools needed. He made an appointment with me to come back the next day, with the proper tools for the job, since he didn't have them with him.

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

It has been a pleasure working with you and we look forward to being your handyman company of choice for many years to come! We strive for an exceptional customer experience and it is always a joy when we exceed our customers expectations!

05/19/2017

Kathy F.

All three craftsmen were courteous and competent, and both the owner and office manager were available to answer my questions.

Description of Work
Living room: patch wall anchor and nail holes, repaint Master bedroom: patch huge, gaping hole in sheetrock, match hand-done plaster texture, repaint Master bath: frame and hang doors, demolish a section of tile in shower area and replace with customer-provided decorative band of tile

Category handyman service, doors