James Kate Roofing & Solar

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2011

2364 Highway 287 N Suite 113

Mansfield, TX 76063

We are a roofing and solar contractor, offering commercial and residential services throughout the Dallas / Ft Worth Metroplex. If you are looking for a roofing company in Mansfield, Arlington, Dallas, Ft Worth, Plano, Frisco or McKinney or any other city in the D/FW Metroplex then request a free quote today. Our team is 100% dedicated to providing the best products and highest quality service possible. We’re ready to prove it and you will not be disappointed!...

02/01/2021

Dallas W.

We had a grand roof replacement experience! Never have I seen a more efficient and timely crew of roofers. They were knowledgeable, organized, focused and friendly. There was no goofing off, stretching the project longer than it needed to go, or getting to points in the project where they lost their way. From start to finish, it was an upscale production! Isaac Price headed them up and I know that they made him proud! Thanks again for a super experience!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

We are so happy to hear about your great experience, and thank you for taking the time to write this great review!

01/14/2021

Lesley D.

We had a fantastic experience with James Kate. Our rep Isaac was very attentive and ensured all our projects were completed in a timely manner. They worked with our insurance company - even when our insurance company was extremely difficult and non-responsive. I can heartily recommend this company for roof installation, high-quality gutters and carefully done paint.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutter replacement, exterior paint

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are so pleased you had such a great experience.

01/14/2021

Andy L.

Very pleased with services we received. Isaac Price worked with our insurance, scheduled the roof replacements, and quick respond to any questions or concerns that we had. He made the whole process easy for us. Highly recommend the company, great job!.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]! We’ll be sure to give Isaac an atta boy for you.

01/05/2021

Rosela S.

The deserving Construction, James & Kate, I have rated 5 stars cause they earned it! All started from the Project Manager (Mike Dedeluk); his superior sales tactic, made me convinced and I bought it: also he back his words for it! I'm very hard to convince, finally, the third times, I said; "Yes" cause he is Christian, he can be trusted! I'm very happy and satisfied with their worked cause you have excellent managers/supervisor, well planned, very organized and executed the job well done! In the future, I will recommend James Kate Construction to my friends and family for their superior service. I love my brand new roof and fresh clean look of the entire exterior painted house: also not listed, they installed new garage door for me: I'm very please and so happy about it because of (Mr. Deleluk), I have a new garage door, I didn't expect that! Thank you very much & I appreciate it for the superior service, well done! Rosela Streagle

Description of Work
installed new roof and entire exterior of the house painted

Category roofing, garage builders, house painters, doors

Thank you so much for the incredible review! We hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the best in 2021.

12/25/2020

Tim L.

Never used or requested services of this company. Ask ANGIE she seems to think I order from several companies and would like my Honest opinion of How They Performed. Stop this nonsense please!!!

Description of Work
I don't know why Angies lists keeps contacting me about Companies I've never used. And there is NO way to Delete Angies Erroneous Messages. Angie Please Stop!!!!!!!

Category concrete repair

12/21/2020

Linda W.

If you are looking for roof repair/replacement look no further than James Kate Construction! Their professionalism and work ethic is extremely evident from the beginning of the job to the end. Our house has taken on a completely new look! We love it❤️

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

We love your great review! We're so happy to have been apart of your home's transformation. Merry Christmas!

12/19/2020

Remedios H.

I highly recommend James Kate Construction. They tore out our old roof and installed a new one all in one day. The quality of their service was high and their work was prompt and nonintrusive. Project manager Isaac Price was friendly and professional throughout the entire process and worked well to help guide us through the steps making everything come together. In the future James Kate Construction will be my go to roofer.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof

Thank you so much! Hearing we will be your "go to roofer" is music to our ears. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas and New Year?

12/04/2020

Thomas F.

Extremely professional and helpful every step of the way. Our sales rep, Isaac Price was knowledgeable and very diligent to ensure we felt comfortable and were completely satisfied. Every appointment and schedule was right on time. Top notch company!

Description of Work
Roof install, gutter install, drywall repair and paint

Category gutter repair, screen repair, garage builders, interior painters

Thank you and we’ll let Isaac know you had a great experience. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas and look forward to being you contractor for life!

12/03/2020

Austin F.

Project went very well. Everyone was on time, worked hard, and did exactly what they said they would do. Cannot ask for anything more.

Description of Work
Total Exterior Paint and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, house painters

Thank you for the opportunity to paint your home and the A rating!

11/03/2020

James B.

Very satisfied with the repairs to our home from the hail/storm damage insurance claim. Isaac worked with our insurance company and made the whole process easy for us.

Description of Work
Roof hail/storm repairs with associated insurance claim.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased you had such a great experience.

06/12/2020

Dianna R.

Two handrails installed inside home. Also, stucco repair around bedroom window.

Description of Work
Joseph Lambert came out and gave us a very reasonable quote on both projects. He was very friendly and knew exactly what he was doing. Best of all he kept us up to date on start dates etc which I really appreciated. He was so easy to work with and also understood how to provide the needed paperwork for our HOA approval. His team was also very professional. We would definitely use them again!

Category remodeling, stucco

Thank you for the "A" rating and thank you for the opportunity to help with your project!

05/05/2020

Amy P.

I met Joseph Lambert , the painting general manager, at a Home and Garden show in Fort Worth. I was in the process of replacing some windows in my home and wanted the home's siding and window casements repainted, to conclude the improvements to the home . The home had been handed down to me from my Grandmother and in-spite of being 80 years old has been well cared for and is in great shape. It is a redwood sided home with cased out windows. The home had last been painted 14 years ago using high quality Sherwin Williams paint. I intended to use the same color on the siding and change the white trim to a slightly different color white to match the new windows . Joseph was very timely in getting a bid to me. I liked the fact that they used Sherwin Williams products, I did agree to pay an additional fee for the upgraded Superior paint. Joseph also mentioned they would be able to use a special bonding primer which would help with some of the rougher areas. On site we went over the areas of my concern ( peeling under some of the underside of the siding, corners that were opening and needing to be nailed back and caulked, other areas that needed to be caulked as well as areas that were not normally caulked). The home is only 850 square feet with a small garden shed, which was to be painted the same as the house at an additional cost of $250.00. I believed I had found a good company that would do professional quality work with attention to the details of my concern. Since the house was small, Joseph, stated he would only use a two man crew. The house was power washed very well. I met the 2 man crew the following afternoon, a petite woman named Shannon and a teen-aged looking boy, named Noah. Shannon was very friendly and sweet and was directing the young man on areas to prep. Shannon had been repairing one corner of the house and caulking the larger cracks. I wanted to make sure we were on the same page so I pointed out the areas under the siding boards that were peeling and areas that needed to be recaulked. I noticed that some areas newly caulked were globbed on and asked if the she would smooth them out so as to blend in with the wood. She always said, "Sure no problem, we can do that. " I warned her that I am very particular and left no doubt that I had high expectations and not "good enough" ones. The bonding primer I was told would help with smoothing out rough areas, was used minimally on a few boards. She and Noah just worked a few hours that day with prepping. The next day she returned to work on the house after 10:00 am and left at 3:30 anticipating rain. Not much scraping or caulking done. I walked the area to see how the peeling areas were being addressed, Shannon assured me she would take care of it and had still one side of the house to do. Next day she and Noah arrived at 11:30 am. This is the day she and Noah are to finish prepping one side of the house, mask off 14 windows and mask the roof. They did a good job masking, It was well into the afternoon when the spray process began. Shannon says that they did spray two coats. There was not a 4 hours of drying time between coats. She later confirmed this to be true. The last day she, Noah and two additional painters did all the trim work which included fascia, and cased windows and doors. On a walk through with my husband, which she stated ended up being 2 hours they addressed areas missed from scraping and caulking. She addressed those needs. On the final walk through before payment I discovered additional cracks and peelings, and some missed areas where only primer was seen and no paint. She stated she would paint the areas missed of paint, but could not keep touching up other areas or it would not blend but would look patched. Some of the trim work was only painted white on the front side of wood and not on the sides of the wood. She said that it was not supposed to be like that and she would charge extra. At the end of the day it was apparent she was not as detailed oriented as I was. Shannon and I were both in agreement that Joseph and a Representative from Sherwin Williams come out to see the paint job. The Sherwin Willaims Rep stated the Super Paint had a Life Time Warranty if applied properly. I stated the paint had not been allowed 4 hours to dry before the second coat was applied. Shannon agreed saying, " It was a hot day and didn't need to be." Both the Rep and Joseph witnessed the conversation. At 5:00pm after hastily finishing up the paint areas missed, the trim around the shed would not be readdressed. A gallon of paint was left and a reduction of $250 was taken off the balance due, so that I could finish the job. It boils down to this: These are nice people. They work hastily, do not do adequate prep work and are not detail oriented. The customer should not have to be asked to find areas missed or needing to be fixed multiple times. If you are a professional you should know the job has been done correctly and there are no missed areas. If you hire them you will need to monitor their work. If you like " good enough" jobs, they will be fine. If you want a job well done, I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house

Category house painters

We are sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience. We take your happiness very serious and will reach out soon to work on a resolution that does make you happy.

02/13/2020

Melanie H.

Isaac, our project manager, was very easy to work with and did a great job keeping everything coordinated and completed in a timely fashion. He was willing to work around our schedules, making multiple trips to our house later in the evening once we were home. He was also easy to get in touch with if we had questions or concerns.

Description of Work
New roof after hail storm

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, patios

Thank you [Member Name Removed]for the great review - we appreciate your business!

01/06/2020

Robert T.

Great experience with James Kate Construction (JKC) when getting my roof & gutters replaced from hail storm damage. The sales/project manager, Isaac, was excellent and very professional through the entire process including pre-claim assessment, adjuster negotiations, construction to the final closing of the insurance claim. There also wasn’t the feeling of “fast food” roofing as there was opportunity get all my questions answered and to change/improve upon the existing materials etc. Great job by the construction crew in keeping the site clean. Would highly recommend JKC for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Replace Roof & Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you Mr [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share a review - we appreciate the kind words!

01/04/2020

Pat O.

James Kate Construction was wonderful to work with and did a superb job. Bryan was my project manager and he bent over backwards to make everything go smoothly. Due to a hail storm I needed to replace my roof, gutters, trim work and had fence repairs. Bryan came out and marked all the damage and answered all my many questions. He even came out on the morning of his wedding when the insurance inspectors were due. What dedication. He handled all the logistics of getting the job done, worked with my insurance, and kept me informed. I could get a hold of him anytime through text or phone. I would definitely recommend this company and Bryan. Total satisfaction with a job well done.

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, downspouts, house trim and fence repair

Category fencing, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

We are thrilled you had such a great experience, and we'll let Bryan know about your great review. Thank you for allowing us to be your construction company on this project!

01/01/2020

Natalie P.

I had an excellent experience with this company. Our sales manager, Isaac Price (214-422-9163), was truly amazing throughout the entire process. He fought hard for us with the insurance company to get what we deserved and work with me ok the pricing. The roofing team did an amazing job and finished our entire roof in just one day while I watched my neighbors with another company take multiple days! This is a great company and I will be referring them to all my neighbors.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you so much for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

12/30/2019

Ron A.

Project manager Issac, the roofing crew, rain gutter crew and window screen replacement crew, all did an excellent job. All very professional and willing to do their best, to make sure job done right.

Description of Work
Roof replacement including screens and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair

Thank you for the great review! We’ll be sure to let the team know how pleased you are.

12/01/2019

Jolene B.

Working with James Kate Construction was a great experience. I had tons of questions and concerns from the time we first called them to completion of the project and Isaac could not have been more patient or informative. He was always completely honest. The process moved quickly and was very straightforward. I was always kept in the loop about what exactly was going on. Our new roof is absolutely beautiful and even gets compliments from neighbors.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

We are so pleased you’re new roof is getting complements! Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review!

11/19/2019

Brandon A.

After the October hail storm I talked to roofing several companies. Brett was honest fast and fair. I had a new roof in. two weeks. I cannot say thank you enough! Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New roof after hail storm

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was our honor to be your roofing company! We’ll let Brett know about your great review.

10/17/2019

Baleigh R.

Joseph and Shannon were patient, professional, and timely! I also appreciated that they kept our house clean throughout the process. Our house looks great, so much improvement!! We can’t wait to hire them again for exterior painting. Thank you :)

Description of Work
Interior painting, chimney repair

Category roofing, interior painters

Enjoy your beautiful home and thank you for allowing us to be your painting company!

10/12/2019

SCOTT W.

Did a great job for a reasonable price. Would recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Complete interior painting

Category roofing, interior painters

Thank you so much for great review [Member Information Removed]! We appreciate your business!

09/23/2019

Tom B.

We used James Kate Construction to replace our roof and gutters, to paint the exterior trim around our house, and to do touch-up interior painting. The roof and gutter portions of the project involved an insurance claim. Our insurance agent recommended James Kate. The roofing and the painting representatives were each very professional and knowledgeable. They walked us through the process and provided accurate estimates. The insurance settlement was handled with little effort on our part. The work was done in stages by crews specializing in each segment. Each stage started and ended on time. The crews were competent and professional, and they respected our property. All work was finished to our complete satisfaction. Final invoices were in agreement with the estimates. We would highly recommend using James Kate Construction. Tom & Heather Buckley

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters, paint the exterior trim around the house, and touch-up interior painting

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Your home looks beautiful and we are so grateful to have the opportunity to earn your business.

05/02/2019

Douglas V.

When the insurance adjuster came out, he determined the roof probably should have been totaled several years ago. When viewing my insurance website, I noticed something about an "impact resistant roofing" discount. Suzanne and Stephen from Jame Kate said that would be more protection from most hail storms we might encounter, but the cost effectiveness would depend on insurance discount as a class 4 roofing would be more expensive. It was my decision and there was no pressure to encourage that decision. End result was we did get the class 4 because the insurance discount on our premium was almost 33%! The cost increase would be made up in 2 years. They scheduled the work to begin 2 days later. We had a roof vent and multiple "turtle" vents. They explained tests have shown they would work against each other and reduce air flow especially in the summer. Removing the turtle vents would not be an additional charge even allowing for decking to cover the holes. During the project they discovered prior roofers had left 4 layers of roofing felt (and 4 sets of nails) that needed to be removed and extended the project another day. They worked with insurance again to get an additional supplement to the original cost estimate. That was a step that I thought I would have to deal with. The project crew leader Alex came up with a better dryer vent cover to allow more airflow. Project completed. We love the roofing color that better matches the exterior after a whole-house remodel about 2 years ago. I like the feeling we are better protected from these "Texas sized" storms. Thank you Dustin, Suzanne, Alex, and Ivy for being so professional, courteous, and gracious in doing the work and keeping us informed thru every step.

Description of Work
Our roof had not been replaced for over 20 years. With the increasing frequency of rain, wind, and hail storms we were concerned that we were vulnerable to roof leaks. I requested evaluation of potential damage from multiple hail storms over the years.

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We're so happy everything turned out great and you love your new roof.

02/27/2019

sandra G.

The finished product looks great but what I really liked about them was how the job was handled from beginning to end. Dustin Eastman Eatman was friendly and personable and answered all my questions and concerns. Someone was here to meet my insurance adjuster so I didn’t have to worry about that. All appointments were kept on time and work scheduled and completed at the promised time. He continuously kept in touch with me letting me know what was going to happen and when. Workers were here early and completed and cleaned up job in a timely manner. Dustin was here the next day to insure the roof was done and to make sure the clean up was done at the end. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone needing work on their roof or a new roof. I was happy with the roof and the excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Roof was replaced

Thank you for the opportunity! It was our pleasure serving you. Good luck on the sell of your home!

11/26/2018

Stacy B.

We had an emergency and needed a new roof. Benjamin (project manager) came out gave us a bid price. This was a Friday. I explained we needed the roof installed on the following Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. We were heading out of town on Wednesday and it had to be done. We had a leak, that caused our sheet rock in our closet to fall off. So the leak could not wait another 10 days. It had been raining for the most part of a month and still raining. Benjamin jumped on the job and made sure they could do and complete the job in 2 days. It was completed just like they said it would be! They did a fantastic job, everyone was professional, they did not leave a mess I couldn't have asked for a better contractor. What a relief it was, and took a lot of stress off me before our trip. We had the gutters installed after we returned. Again, Benjamin jumped on the job and handled it. Everyone was on time, they did a great job and everyone was very professional. We only had one concern and Benjamin handled it and exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend anyone to use Jame Kate Roofing, trust worthy, dependable, honest and good people.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we're so happy you had such a great experience! We'll let Benjamin now about your great review.

Metroplex Gutters and Windows

At Metroplex Gutter and Windows, we’re pleased to provide gutter services and window services across North Texas. We’ve been proudly installing painted copper gutters, seamless gutters and replacement vinyl windows, among other things, in Dallas, Fort Worth and beyond for over two decades. Turn to our team of experienced installers for expert customer service on your home improvement project. Our solid reputation in the DFW area comes from offering businesses and homeowners the best service, the finest product quality and unmatched pricing, no matter whether you’ve turned to us for rain gutters or windows. In addition, our installers are insured, bonded and are lead-based paint certified to ensure your safety and the safety of others in your home and your neighborhood. Every project we take on is planned with your specific home and situation in mind, and we don’t offer cookie-cutter products or services. We custom order all materials and cut and shape your products on site when possible to make sure your home gets a perfect fit. So how may we serve you? We have a long history of satisfying people like you, and we look forward to serving you right away. Why not give us a call now — or fill out our online form for a free estimate? We’re a company you can trust, and we sincerely want your business.

StormTech Seamless Gutters

With over 25 years of industry experience, our team of gutter experts use their knowledge and expertise to address all your gutter and gutter protection needs. Whether it be replacement, repairs, services, service plans, debris/leaf protection or complete new systems, StormTech Seamless Gutters is ready and able to inspect your home at your convenience.

M & N Painting

We specialize in painting interiors and exteriors. We are professional painters with over 20 years of experience. You will appreciate our friendly reliable service. This is a small family-owned business. We can help you with.. -Exterior & Interior painting including cabinets and fences -drywall & plaster repair -deck staining -power washing -handyman services -remodeling & restoration -decorative & crown moulding installation- -much more (just ask)

Check, Financing