Austin Lath & Plaster

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2013

Austin Lath & Plaster has been serving the central Texas area since 1999. Our experience includes EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System), Stucco, Interior Plaster and Unique Texturing. We also specialize in roofing, painting, and all other exterior home repairs. We specialize in industrial and commercial buildings, custom homes and developing design build projects of all sizes.A true difference is noticed with a true emphasis to detail and craftsmanship. Having complete knowledge of the latest products and applications needed for building at the speed of today’s fast-paced industry, we have the ability to deliver those applications using skilled craftsmen practicing a high degree of quality workmanship, pride and dedication to excellence in their chosen field of endeavor that evident in every facet in our work. contact name - Celso Cedano.512 247 8572 fax (512) 547 2349 Email: austinlath@gmail.com !...

A Service Provider's profile image

+16 more images

Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom Project

Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom Project

home remodeling
Shower plaster

4.1

plastering (17)stucco (13)house painting (5)handyman (3)door installation (2)interior painting (2)stone & gravel (1)siding companies (1)decks & porches (1)

02/08/2020

fred B.

Thank God we found Celso and his crew at Austin lath and plaster. We've been meticulously restoring a 1910 farmhouse and German homestead in Blanco for two years. We're in the finishing stages and wanted the upper portion of the 10.5' walls veneered with plaster. Their worked plaster veneer finish is smooth as glass with just the right amount of subtle old school hand troweled character. I'm a tough restoration client to please and Celso's pleasant 4-6 man crew delivered a top notch plaster job in every room. They Used mega watt halogen side lighting to amplify every surface detail. Prep plastic covering was thorough and cleanup afterward superb. Pros all the way. We're very happy, as good as it gets

Description of Work
Veneer plaster over 1/2” drywall

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Review for Austin Lath & Plaster - 100 Fm 713, Lockhart, TX - 38376210

09/13/2019

kris a A.

Austin Lath & Plaster was hired December 2018 to do a level-5 drywall finish on already installed drywall (with a subpar finish by a previous contractor) and install sheetrock on the living room ceiling. In the contract, it was stated the project would be completed in 2 weeks. I was promised I would be satisfied with the quality of the work. Turns out, they were incapable of achieving the Level-5 finish or even using Benjamin Moore paint, which is a commonly used paint. They had only used Sherwin Williams paint and they had to learn how to spray the thicker paint. I have a wavy living room ceiling due to the poor drywall installation after I spent weeks getting the ceiling joists perfectly leveled. Thousand's of dollars of paint, primer, and drywall materials were wasted. Materials were charged on my account at the paint store that were never used at the job site. I have 200 photos of the poor work and a few are attached. We finally fired them March 2019, a full 3 months after the job was started and still not completed. We Paid $20,500 + $5896.39 wasted materials. Total out: $26,396.39.

Description of Work
Level-5 drywall finish and interior painting residential remodeling project

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/31/2019

Review for Austin Lath & Plaster - 100 Fm 713, Lockhart, TX - 38106251

Austin Lath & Plaster was hired December of 2018 by Mrs. [Member Name Removed] to fix the drywall work of another company she had fired. We are deeply concerned her misleading review, in which she includes pictures of the job the previous drywall contractor did before we took over the job. This complaint fails to mention a series of events and change requests she asked for that led to her discontent with the job completion. Our crew had to work under unpleasant conditions, for example her house had no heater running and our crew worked in freezing temperatures. Also she had agreed that we would purchase all materials needed to complete the job and she would reimburse us, however she has not done so. We had to pay our guys to go pick up the materials so we could keep working and not delay the completion of the job. When we had performed about 3/4 of the job she asked if we could start painting. We informed her that we needed to complete all of the level 5 drywall & get her approval on that work before moving forward to paint. The following day she went directly to our guys working onsite & without our consent asked them to start priming & painting certain rooms. She instructed them to use a roller rather than a sprayer as she liked the texture the roller left. She then said she didn’t like the roller texture & wanted our guys to smooth out the walls in the rooms again. In our 20 years in business we have always gone out of our way to leave our clients happy. Unfortunately, certain people take advantage of our satisfaction warranties, we have all electronic forms of communication saved along with actual photos of the work performed for her. Our priority is always quality and customer satisfaction.

08/16/2019

Lisa H.

There were some surprises because we have an older house but that only modestly increased the cost.

Description of Work
stucco replacement and siding replacement

Category decks, plastering, siding, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

05/24/2017

Jim K.

Celso was quick to bid, win and start the job. His crew was courteous, clean and punctual. The job was comleted when promised. They are real artists. What was once an eye sore is now a statement. Had a slight issue months later and the next day after a call to Celso, problem fixed at no charge. I can't say enough about these folks. I have included before and after photos which says it all.

Description of Work
Our home had a large ugly brick fireplace which really took over the living room. We decided to have it covered with stucco. Now it flows with the room and has a warm southwest feel along with showcasing a nice piece of art from Santa Fe.

Work Completed On 11/21/2016

Review for Austin Lath & Plaster - 100 Fm 713, Lockhart, TX - 35105943

08/27/2016

Brian Y.

First class. I searched a long time for someone to repair defective construction on the stucco at my home. Work required removal of existing stucco at base of exterior walls and reinstalation with correct drip edge. Work was done well, on time, with no pauses in the work. Celso was great to work with. When we found other issues with old construction he was able to help with those issues as well. Great peace of mind to have the hid done and done well.

Description of Work
Home exterior stucco repair. Drip edge installation.

Work Completed On 06/27/2016

06/06/2016

Donald W.

No hassle and professional work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
repaired cracks in the stucco and replastered the entire wall.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

03/30/2016

MICHAEL N.

Description of Work
After I scheduled my appointment through Angies List, I directly contacted via email Austin Lath and Plaster. I sent two pictures of the holes that I needed repaired in my stucco outside and the hole on the inside wall. They arrived on time and spent twenty minutes preparing the stucco prior to fixing the outside wall - which they did a good job. |When I reminded them that the inside wall also needed to be repaired, the owner said that would be an additional fee. I reminded him that I had sent pictures and he agreed to fix both - he said OK and performed the job at the agreed upon price. When I asked him when you would be painting the outside wall, he stated that he could not match the paint color and I would have to paint the patch myself. Since he did not have the proper material to match the inside wall, I borrowed the matching material from my neighbor and they fixed the hole. Again, no painting accomplished. The point being, be Very Specific when describing the work to be accomplished and the price. The Angie List price was $350 for 2 hours work. The entire job took one hour and twenty minutes.

Category plastering, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 03/28/2016

We prepare all the materials to repair exterior stucco before we arrived to the customer house only we add water we cover with tape and plastic and the promotion was only one repair exterior stucco or interior drywall not included paint We did two free repairs

03/25/2016

Nancy H.

Description of Work
repaired damage to my outside stucco from water damage and inside my wall in my house

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

02/23/2016

Jason M.

Andre was very professional and punctual throughout the entire remodel. Since we were doing several things at once, it was hard to pinpoint a specific date for the work to be done. Andre was very easy to work with on timing. His crew was professional and cleaned up exceptionally well. This is something that I have come to cherish in a service company. It seems to be the opposite these days. I am usually the one who has to spend several hours cleaning up after workmen. My only issue was that they accidentally stuccoed in a drainage pipe for the HVAC system. But once I brought it to their attention, they immediately fixed it. It was amazing how they were able to match the existing texture and blend the seam in to where no one can tell there was ever any work done. Their price was on the high side but after dealing with other companies on other projects, I was wiling to pay for quality. They definitely delivered. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Stucco Repair and Matching to Existing texture

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

02/03/2016

CANDACE C.

Description of Work
They never replied to my inquiry

Work Completed On 01/27/2016

I'm sorry but I never recived an email from you or a phone call If you can send me your reply to austinlath@gmail.com we can fix it I can give 30% in descount Thank you

12/15/2015

Douglas G.

Amazing experience. First time I've met a contractor in Austin who was prompt, arrived on time, communicated well via phone calls and text messages, and did what he said he would do. His crew was awesome. I paid more than I thought I would have to, but in the end it was a big job and I was happy to pay somebody that treated me the way Celso (the owner) did. It was worth every penny. Celso never pestered me for money, which is a huge pet peeve of mine with contractors. The finished product looks fantastic. Really, really happy - if you can't tell.

Description of Work
Back wall of home which extended 35' up - not an easy job... They removed damaged stucco, replaced rotting wood underneath, placed new water barrier, sealed windows, applied new stucco scratch and brown coats, painted new stucco wall. Also had some damage in front of house that required removing some roof tile and stone work, sealing windows, placing new water barrier, new stucco, and finally paint.

Category pavers, gravel, stucco

Work Completed On 11/20/2015

11/12/2015

Valerie N.

This contractor is one of the most responsive that we have ever worked with, after a ton of experience dealing with many different kinds of contractors. Celso was so professional, respectful and courteous. He sent the team to work on our home and they arrived and completed the entire job very promptly as he was aware off the need to finish the job before a storm was forecasted to arrive. Also, Celso was very thoughtful to follow up with is after the job was completed to ensure we were completely satisfied with the outcome.

Description of Work
Repaired an area of our home's stucco that was cracked and pocketing outward. They repaired the damaged section off the wall and also added a finished layer over the entire wall. They also matched the paint color of the rest of the stucco on our house.

Category plastering, stucco, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2015

Review for Austin Lath & Plaster - 100 Fm 713, Lockhart, TX - 30011395

10/10/2015

phil L.

I observed some damage to my stucco exterior. It was 30 feet off the ground! Not many companies on Angies List advertise as stucco repair companies. Found this company doing research. Contacted him and he returned my call quickly. Set up time for him to come over and look at the damage I observed. Initially it looked like a small inexpensive job. That was not the case, apparently the homebuilder or whoever had done the original stucco job did it poorly. The current covering just flaked off. The owner of Austin Lathe and Stucco explained he could just patch the faulty stuff but it would not look good, the entire area needed to be redone! Well that ment getting scaffolding to reach the 30 foot high area flaking off! It took two days to complete the job and I must say it looks very well done. It was expensive but it looks better than before. This guy does quality work!

Description of Work
Had stucco damage. Repaired stucco damage.

Category handyman service, plastering, stucco

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

07/31/2015

Pat E.

I needed and still do the stucco repaired on my house. After checking the Angie's List ads I called Austin Lath and Plaster. The provider immediately answered my email and came to my house that afternoon. He looked at the stucco that needed repair and said he would email me an estimate. I waited several days for the estimate. When I didn't receive it, I emailed him but he never responded. To me, this is very unprofessional. If he thought the job would be too overwhelming for him to do, he should have told me rather than not respond. Whether he could do a good job or not, remains to be seen.

Description of Work
Nothing. He failed to give me a bid.

Work Completed On 06/29/2015

I'm sorry but, Yes I did it please re send me your email and phone number I try to call you but I don't Have your phone number in my records

06/18/2015

suman S.

Finished stucco and painted. Everything turned out well. He was timely and he did a great job.

Description of Work
Finished previous contractors job.

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2015

05/10/2015

John L.

On time. Above original estimate but there was hidden damage - overall price was fair.

Description of Work
complete replacement of stucco chimney

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

06/30/2014

Howard L.

Description of Work
They never called me back.

Category handyman service, plastering, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/06/2014

05/31/2014

Michael R.

Description of Work
Poorly responsive: |- Didn't answer the phone with any indication you had reached the company... just 'hello' |- Didn't reply to follow-up emails. I provided information about the job, photos... but no reply.

Work Completed On 05/19/2014

01/20/2014

Lee C.

Work Completed On 12/29/2013

08/04/2013

Dale L.

They worked long hours removing the stucco, replacing, and painting. The work is guaranteed. This company has a BBB A+ rating and insurance if something goes wrong. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Repaired a leaking sliding door that was installed incorrectly and another area where the stucco was cracked. The previous work had been done 2 years prior by another company.

Category handyman service, stucco, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/15/2013