Weedex Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2009

Additional contact name - Tom Poen. Additional DBA - Weedex Lawn Care....

+3 more images

lawn treatment (87)lawn care (19)lawn & landscaping (7)pest control (3)tree service (1)

07/14/2022

Jon B.

This service is not what I was expecting. When I went to the Lewisville office was sitting in a visitors chair in an office. When I entered, she made contact and sat back down as if I was an unwelcomed visitor.. Great customer service? I would never recommend this local service to anyone. In fact, I am planning to drop a friendly note at locations that this branch is servicing because they need to know that they can get better service/quality elsewhere. Bu the way, Weedex turned me over to a collection company because of a $149 bill. An error on my part...... But enough to keep me away and hopefully you... You is a customer

Description of Work
Under agreement for 1 year plus and didn't see any improvement on my lawn. The weed control was good but the thickness/fulness was less than when Weedex started. They talk about aeration, no evidence of that happening unless they took the aeration plugs with them... If they used a different method, it didn't nor has it worked for us.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

01/07/2022

John H.

Great technician- talked me through some issues in a very knowledgeable way- yard is looking much better, happy customer report!

Description of Work
Turf Maintenance

Work Completed On 01/07/2022

06/06/2020

Curt C.

I submitted a request for a quote on 5/29/2020, and it's now 6/6/2020 and no response from Weedex. I'm going elsewhere

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and Weed/Crabgrass control

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

05/07/2020

Matthew B.

went well. the guy that came out was very smart and helpful.

Description of Work
Took care of the weeds in the front and back yard.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

02/29/2020

Maria D.

We have a contract with Weedex and think they are doing a great job. Our lawn looks much better since they started their service. People are very professional.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Thank you for the kind words and great review! -Felisha

02/27/2020

Bill D.

I decided to try Weedex for price. Unfortunately, the trial was terrible. My lawn looked horrible, even after they retreated it several times. I went back to TruGreen and now the lawn is much improved.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer and week control

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience with Weedex. It is our goal to offer the highest-quality services and customer experience possible. Being a locally owned business, customer relationships are very important to us. When starting services on any lawn, it is our goal is to establish a partnership with our customers to help them achieve the lawn they desire. Unfortunately, many people begin services with the preconceived idea that Weedex will be able to immediately provide them with a beautiful lawn with no involvement from the customer themselves. While our services are essential, we are the smallest component of the process. Through the progression of our 8 annual applications, we commit to educating the customer on the importance of certain cultural practices such as mowing, irrigation, and cultivation. We would love the chance to hear more about your experience so that even if we are unable to mend the relationship with you personally, we can use it as valuable feedback to ensure better customer experiences in the future. -Felisha

07/26/2019

Alicia M.

They have been treating my yard for about 12 months and it looks awesome.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization / Weed Control

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with our services! Thank you for the great review.

05/25/2019

George F.

Professional from the get go..... Confirm future service dates. Touch base before starting . Leave a report and update upon completion. Not home ? Report e mailed . Our yard was a weed patch ... after 3 of 7 applications ... one if the best yards in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Lawn Care and Treatment

Work Completed On 05/25/2019

Review for Weedex Inc - 250 Valley Ridge Blvd, Lewisville, TX - 37894394

We love getting reviews like this! Thank you for the outstanding review. -Felisha

05/15/2019

Julia G.

I have tried all the top Lawn care companies like Trugreen, Scotts over the past 12 years or so and I've had Weedex for two years or a little over and our lawn have been thriving since. It comes right through after the dormant period like a carpet of grass. People always ask what do we do. Luv, luv, weedex this is a sincere review.

Description of Work
Lawn care service

Category pest control, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

Review for Weedex Inc - 250 Valley Ridge Blvd, Lewisville, TX - 37877304

Thank you for the kind words and outstanding review! We sincerely love our customers and take pride in treating lawns as if they were our own. -Felisha

01/22/2019

Cory F.

Perfect. Super informative and timely

Description of Work
Weed prevention

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

Thank you for the great review! -Felisha

11/30/2018

VICTOR M.

I was a little thoughtful at first; however they are superb. On time and very professional. As well as, the suggestions given for a better lawn.

Description of Work
Eradicated Weeds and Fertilization

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

Thank you for the great review! -Felisha

10/21/2018

William Y.

I pay an annual fee and a professional Weedex technician comes regularly to inspect the lawn and treat as needed. The lawn is treated whether I am at home or not, and a detailed report of what was applied and the present condition of the lawn is emailed to me. Our lawn looks better than anytime since we moved here 24 years ago. One recent report is that they had been "ineffective in controlling the Dallisgrass" and made recommendations. But from my perspective, the chemical that they are using is weakening the root structure of the patches of Dallisgrass, making them far easier to pull out of the ground after a rain. Usually by this time of year, my backyard looks like a forest of Dallisgrass. Not this year. I'm done messing with which product to use and when and how much. I'm leaving it to WeedEx. I pay an on-going annual fee, but I do not remember how much exactly. The number $350 comes to mind, but you can check on their website. For me, it's worth every penny.

Description of Work
General Lawn care -- fertilization and weeding.

Work Completed On 10/21/2018

Thank you for the kind words and outstanding review! -Felisha

08/24/2018

Joanne S.

It went great! The technician was so knowledgeable and was willing to work with us to treat specific issues. Really working forward to working with Weedex.

Description of Work
Lawn sprayed for weeds

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/08/2018

william C.

So badly that i fired them after 3 months. My yard, after two treatments, looks worse today than it did before they started. A couple weeks after the first treatment i noticed the lawn had a bunch of weeds and i called and asked them to come re-treat. they replied several days later saying they had a regular treatment planned for a couple of weeks and they would get to it then. Meantime, yard got worse. two weeks after the second treatment, the yard was even worse and i called about it and asked for a prompt call back. I guess prompt to weedex is 3-4 days; and they had several excuses but no real explanation as to why my yard's condition had worsened. I fired them and was actually 'happy' to pay for the original 'free' service to get rid of them. terrible experience

Description of Work
lawn fertilization and weed control

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

06/23/2018

sam B.

I was a client for the past 2 years going on 3. I had asked for them to stop by next time in area to kill a patch of sticker type weeds; The manager said since I was not on a full year contract but on a partial 4 applications a year, they would not stop to apply weed killer. It did not matter that I had been a client and offered to pay for the application. They wanted me to sign up for a full application first. I asked if they cared since I had been with them for 2 1/2 years if that made any difference and the answer was no. My next statement was, "cancel my not worth it to you partial contract."

Description of Work
kill a patch of weeds

05/09/2018

Steven M N.

Very nice people. Did sign up for annual service

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

Thanks for using our service. Make sure and let us know if you need anything.

05/03/2018

Becki J.

I called asking for someone to come out to give me an estimate for my lawn, to let me know why it looks so bad even though I have a company fertilizing and applying weed control (I have been in my house 18 years and my yard has never looked this bad), and to let me know what can be done to get it in better shape. I was told "we don't do that until after you sign up with us." I was then offered a $95 charge for someone to come out. How does a business expect someone to pay without knowing what the money if for??????

Description of Work
Weed control and fertilization

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

I do apologize for that but do to increasing labor costs your margins are very small. Somewhere between $30 and $40 annual profit so unfortunately we are unable to come out at no charge. I do apologize and hope you are able to find what you need.

03/30/2018

William Y.

Jason was clear about my lawn condition before applying treatments, and then left instructions on how to manage the treatment for best effect. I called WeedEx because of the excellent job they did for my daughter and son-in-law. I paid for a full year of treatments, so we will see as the year progresses, but given the experience of my daughter, I expect great things. The first interaction was very good, and the office staffer who set up my program was very helpful. Price depends on lawn area and situation. For my 5000 sq ft of lawn, the 6 treatments year-round, grub control in the fall, and aeration this spring was $550.00.

Description of Work
First of 6 treatments for lawn fertilization and weed control.

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

01/19/2018

Joseph H.

Yard appearance improved. We didn't follow the recommendations which would have helped but that isn't any fault of the company.

Description of Work
weed control

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

08/01/2017

Claudia A.

Excellent. Quinton was the technician who came and he was great. He explained the steps I need to follow after treatment, showed the paperwork with the mowing instructions. Quinton was professional and courteous while answering questions about my lawn. Employees like him are an asset since he made me glad I hired Weedex.

Description of Work
I signed up for a 1 year week program. Following a visit, the comment was on the paperwork to call back if a new set of weeds pop up in 2 weeks. Sure enough, the weed population returned. I called and a respray appointment was scheduled.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

07/13/2017

Thomas G.

Christian, the Weedex technician, gave me a courtesy call that he was on his way. When he arrived we walked the whole property and I stated my main concerns of wild violets and another weed that neither of us had ever seen before. Christian accessed his database to determine the best treatment for the lawn. He assured me that I should see successful results within the next two weeks. The lawn is doing very well and both the wild violets and any other weed has been exterminated. Christian provided some good recommendations on watering and mowing on the invoice, which they provide via e-mail. I am very satisfied with the way that Weedex responded to my needs and am glad to be rid of the other companies that I have tried in the past. I was provided a significant discount since I prepaid for the year less the treatments that would have normally have been done in the early spring. Today, is the second visit from Weedex to continue with my treatments. Again I received a courtesy call that they would be out today.

Description of Work
Yard treatment for weeds and lawn health.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

06/10/2017

Shreya A.

Not much to show even after 3 years of service, just got excuse after excuse after excuse

Description of Work
Lawn treatments for 3+ years

05/22/2017

James M.

They were great - punctual and the lawn looks great

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing and weed treatment