Village Designs Remodeling

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2010

Village Designs and Remodeling is a one-stop shop for kitchen and bathroom design and remodeling. Our innovative approach to design and customer focus makes us a stand out in the industry. Our goal is to make your kitchen and bathroom remodeling dreams come true. We have developed a Design Process that we use. Village Designs and Remodeling’s goal is to turn your dream kitchen or dream bath into a reality. To achieve this goal, we would like to learn as much as possible about your design vision. A private home interview is the first step in the process. During this appointment, we encourage you to share with us anything that will help us better understand how you would like your room designed. Clients find that magazine photos, color schemes, brochures, etc., to be helpful. The next step is for a member of our team to take photos and measurements of the existing room. About a week after the initial appointment, we will submit to you our initial design. After any revisions, we will provide you with a budget and quote for the remodeling project. All the products and materials are then ordered, in order to avoid delays in construction. Once the remodeling materials have been assembled, we will contact you to regarding a construction start date. We tailor our work around your schedule and will not begin our work until you are ready. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist....

Next Generation Construction

We have over 20 years experience in remodel and construction

Phillips Home Improvements

18 MONTHS FINANCING AVAILABLE - NO INTEREST - NO PAYMENTS (Request Quote for details) Over 24 Years Family Owned and Operated in North Texas! Voted TOP 10 in Texas 2021 by Qualified Remodeler and Guild Quality for Customer Satisfaction. Call Today. Free Estimate. Free In-Home Consultation. Our Project Consultants will love to show you the difference that Phillips truly makes on your needed improvements. Financing is available. We Thank You for choosing our services!

Offers by Phillips Home Improvements on Angi
Jose David Painting

03/18/2021

JENNIFER S.

I hired to Gene Chernay /Village Designs to remodel my kitchen in June 2018. My only regret is that I did not take the time to post a positive formal review sooner. However, since I have had experience with a number of different home improvement and home repair contractors and services since then, I have come to deeply appreciate Gene’s professionalism in comparison to others. This was a really big investment for me and a really big deal. As single mother and sole provider for my family, there were lean years where I had to live with things in disrepair because the money just wasn’t there. Once that changed, my daughter was in college and all my money went there. Finally, I was in a position to invest in my home but it was scary for me. It took me a long to time pull the trigger on signing a contract with Gene and he was patient and very professional in following up with me without pressuring me. Here is my honest take: · He was always kind and courteous, even during moments when I felt stressed or frustrated. · His tear out crew and tile people were fast and efficient! · His carpenters and electricians were a joy to have in my home and I definitely do not feel that way about every contractor or service technician who has come through my home. · Everyone picked up after themselves (trash, tools and equipment) daily and was respectful of me and my home (believe it or not, some contractors just don’t) and they did not break or damage anything (and that is not true of all contractors.) · I have since used his plumber and had positive experiences. · I have used an AC company he recommended and had positive experiences. · I wish I had used his painter to paint my exterior but I made a mistake on that decision and went with someone different for which I will post a separate review. · His fabricator did a stunning job on my kitchen counters! · I followed his recommendations on sourcing all new appliances from a business that he had a long time relationship with and that worked out really well. · He left every detail down to the selection of grout color up to me with his guidance and suggestions as needed. · He gave me a list of decisions I needed to make as we went along and helped me prioritize them. There were a couple of minor concerns with the cabinets that could have been done differently, but in the end, they are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy with my new kitchen and the way I was treated! I will definitely hire him again if he hasn’t retired by the time I am ready to do my master bathroom.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,interior designers,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,appliance sales,marble & granite,home remodeling

07/18/2018

Julie C.

gene remodeled my master bathroom, my guest bathroom , and my kids' jack and jill bathroom. he first did my master bathroom, and i was so pleased with the work that i hired him to do the other two bathrooms in my house. gene pays a lot of attention to detail and tailors all the work to his clients' exact specifications. his crews are punctual and do great work. i would not hesitate to recommend him.

Description of Work
3 bathroom remodels

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been my pleasure working with you and getting to know you and your family all these years. Call if you need me for anything. I also appreciate the referrals. We will see you around the neighborhood..... Regards, Gene

04/09/2018

Priscilla S.

Gene Cherrnay was easy to work with and a true professional. We are very pleased with our new master bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your great review. It was so nice working with you guys. I hope you and Mark enjoy it for years to come. Will see you around the neighborhood. Thanks again.....

08/24/2017

Robert S.

Took longer than scheduled, but very satisfied with work. Extended schedule did not result in problem.

Description of Work
Installed tile shower in master bath.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. Sorry for the slight delay. Hope [Member Name Removed] is getting better and you both are enjoying your new enlarged shower. Regards, Gene

08/02/2015

Susan Y.

The work was extensive and the owner (Gene Cherrnay) managed the entire remodel. He did the bid, the floorplans, the crew assignments and the supplies purchase. The tile work was done by Luis, a real artist, and the job went very well. The new bathroom is outstanding! It might just be the best bathroom in the DFW area. Thank you to Gene and his Village Designs company.

Description of Work
Remodel of the bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling

Dear [Member name removed], Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure working with you and [Member name removed]. If there was a review on clients I have worked with , you would be "A" rated too. :-)) Thanks again, Gene

06/01/2015

Gary W.

With his many years of experience, Gene Cherrnay was the perfect person to remodel our outdated kitchen. He listened, visualized and guided us to achieve the look we wanted in a new kitchen. Thanks to Gene's planning our project was totally completed in three weeks. The scheduling of the contractors was precisely coordinated so that each component of the remodel was completed like clockwork. Gene or his assistant, Enrique, promptly responded to our every question or concern. Gene personally resolved every issue to our satisfaction. It was a genuine pleasure to work with Gene and Enrique. We love our new kitchen and highly recommend Village Designs.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel - Previous ceiling damage was repaired and repainted, new recessed lighting was installed, wallpaper was removed and walls painted, cabinets were refaced and painted, granite countertops and backsplash installed, under & over cabinet LED lighting installed and owner provided appliances were installed.

09/09/2014

David & Annie F.

Gene came onsite and reviewed our current Master Bathroom.. He listened (very well) to our wishes as we described our ideal bathroom. He created a rendering of the new bathroom layout, and provide various samples for the material. We selected the design and plan he proposed.. He worked with us very closely as we selected the Tile for the floor, the Tile for the shower, the accents for the tile, the Marble for the Countertops, the new bathroom fixtures. Gene and his assistant Dan are extremely professional, and customer focused. They were both very prompt for all meetings and work that was scheduled.. They were onsite overseeing the entire project, and kept us up to date with all the status. They were quick to respond to issues that arose and executed plans to overcome obstacles encountered. I was so pleased with the coordination of all the subcontractors and skilled workers by Gene and Dan. if you could ever think a complete remodel of room in your house was a pleasant experience.. working with Gene and Dan sure made us enjoy the process. thank you guys!!! we LOVE our new Master Bath.

Description of Work
remodel / redesign Master Bathroom Remove Wall / Expand Shower, demo entire Bathroom including Tub, Sinks, Counters, Shower, Toilet, lights, tile, even wall texture. Built new Linen closet , installed new tile floors, installed new vanity, installed new Sinks, Toilets, Shower, Tiled Shower, but up new texture, paint, lighting, exhaust fans.. actually everything is completely new and the layout is been modified.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Hi [member name removed], Thanks for such a great review. You guys were such a pleasure to work with. I love what I do and I love working with such nice people like you. Communication is the key to any successful remodel and we did communicate well. Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to create such a beautiful bathroom for you. Regards, Gene

09/07/2014

Mark M.

After talking with Gene one day, and getting excited about getting an estimate to begin the long over due bathroom remodel, something change the next day. A lot of, in my mine, excuses why not to come out and give an estimate. Seems my job didn't present the numbers he would like to warrant an estimate.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling,home remodeling

For over 30 years I have been designing and remodeling kitchens and bathrooms in the DFW area. There has been times when business has been bad and some times when business is quite good. I am a small operation and can only handle affectively two projects per month. And even the two projects I am working on need to be in an approximate geographic location for me to be most effective in what I do. After considering these factors I felt it would be difficult for me to best service you and your project. I am sorry if I did not handle this communication to your expectations.

07/14/2014

Dana R.

We requested a quote for a complete Master Bathroom remodel. Gene responded very quickly and came out to take measurements and discuss what we wanted to do as part of the remodel. He provided some suggestions on the initial meeting and listened to our ideas. About a week later Gene provided a rough proposal and some initial numbers just to see if he was on the right track with what we wanted. He again provided some ideas and we shared some changes we wanted in the proposal. Gene came back out again with his detailed proposal and drawing. He explained all parts of the proposal and showed us examples of tile and a sample cabinet door. He is very professional and a pleasure to talk with about ideas for design. Gene is very straight forward and explains things very well. We had a difficult time making our final selection between his company and a second contractor to go forward with our remodel project. Although we did not select Gene's company, we felt like we would have gotten a great bathroom with his company as well as the one we chose. We would not hesitate to use him in future projects.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category interior designers,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

05/12/2014

Shara G.

It went very well. Gene came out to meet with us and provided us an estimate and proposal within 2 weeks as promised. He was very professional and communicated extremely well.

Description of Work
Gene provided us with an estimate

Category home remodeling

Hi [member name removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Although I always strive for all "A"s I understand the "B" on price. When you get the funding and are ready to move forward with the project please call. Our price is all inclusive. No surprises. Have a great Summer. Regards, Gene Cherrnay Village Designs and Remodeling

Village Designs Remodeling