Superior Finish

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2007

1402 N Valley Pkwy # 302

Lewisville, TX 75077

Owner operated BATHTUB and TILE REFINISHING Cost determined by a flat rate. No travel charges. No service fee. May contact through email. Ask about Angie's list discount....

01/01/2021

daniel R.

Bob was great! Helped refinish our tub and save us some money!

Description of Work
bathtub refinish

08/17/2020

Pat F.

Excellent service!! Right on time! Did a wonderful job. My tub now looks brand new!! I would use them again!

Description of Work
bathtub refinishing

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

08/17/2020

Synthia W.

We hired Bob to finish our children's bathtub. I really thought it was beyond hope and would have to be replaced. Bob refinished the tub and made it look brand new. We couldn't be any happier! He explained the entire process and was very professional. Thanks Bob!!!

Description of Work
Bathtub Refinishing

10/31/2017

Debra F.

Better than I expected. Bob is prompt, knowledgeable and does a great job.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinishing and will have counterfeits done soon.

07/05/2017

paula K.

The completed work turned back time on our tub. Our tub looks brand new. We have already recommended this family owned company to friends.

Description of Work
We had our 25 year old tub refinished.

06/21/2017

Lynn B.

The finish remains rough. The other 2 problems with the area around the drain finish have been corrected, but the tape on the chrome drain was never correctly removed and that remains a jagged circle. I have a lock box on the condo so the work was performed with no supervision. A trusted contractor friend suggested superior and I instructed him to perform the work for $450 and did not inspect it until after it was finished. The first problem was the area around the tub drain where deterioration was the reason for the refinish, had a ridge or ragged edge. If the old finish was removed and a new finish applied, this should not have happened Bob returned to correct the drain problem but left the tape on the chrome drain area. He also did not smooth out the finish as requested at the time the rough finished drain area was mentioned to him. I have not taken the time to call Bob again. At some point this becomes discouraging and trust that the work will be completed correctly becomes doubtful. I give them a liberal C because the tub looks fine until you touch it (except for the ragged tape removal on the chrome drain. I've had several tubs and basin refinished over the past years and all have smooth surfaces, so I know it can be done.

Description of Work
Resurfaced a standard tub.

06/18/2017

Barbara S.

Could not be more pleased with the results as the tubs look brand new.

Description of Work
Had two bathtubs refinished

05/18/2017

Shirley W.

It well with one exception of an additional charge for removing the prior finish. Ted said it was in the fine print but I could never find it. I needed it done & am happy with the results.

Description of Work
Tub refinishing

04/12/2017

Mark R.

Excellent and quick work. He took extra time to protect the flooring and trim from damage and fumes. The finished product is fantastic - looks like a new tub!

Description of Work
Bath tub refinishing

04/12/2017

Mark R.

Superior arrived exactly on time and was very courteous. He took extra time to cover and tape off his work area to make sure nothing was damaged. The finished result looks amazing!

Description of Work
bathtub resurfacing

02/09/2017

Teddi D.

Bob, the owner gave me a quote that was above the quote by two other companies but based on reviews I decided to pay it. The first day he stripped the wall and tub with very toxic chemicals. Next day, he came and finished stripping and sprayed. I looked at the tub later and realized that it was the wrong color, I called and said it was wrong. He said, no problem, he would re-spray tomorrow. He resprayed the next day and the tub had a very ruff finish and runs. I told him about it and he said no problem he would sand it out. The next day he is sanding and re-stripping the walls again. The dust from the sanding has now covered every flat surface in my house. I keep asking about the ruff texture of the paint and he said that it happen when there is a lot of dust. My problem with that is that he didn't even try to contain or clean up the dust in the room or the house. I saw no wet/dry vac or anything. He re-sprayed and sanded twice again. Same results. Since I had a time constraint, I left him do the second tub without the stripping. Same results.What should have been a 4 day job had turned into 2 weeks. Bob is a very nice man and said when he left that if I was not satisfied he would redo the work. The tubs are still ruff, there are still visible runs and imperfections, but the 2nd and 3rd redo was no better that the 1st so I will decline. I have had the tubs redone twice before so I know that a smooth porcelain finish is possible. As I said, Bob is a very nice guy and at first I thought that I would just not post a review but since we all depend on Angie's list to be honest, I felt that I must. I wish someone had done that for me.

Description of Work
I paid for 2 tubs and tile surrounds to be refinished

01/31/2017

LESLIE MICHELLE M.

That guy was great. It seems like they were prompt when they came out and explained the expectations of the process because the prior owner had actually painted the tub and it was chipping off. They had to strip the tub and then refinish. So it was a two day process but he explained about the chemicals and what the expectation were so to clear children and pets. We felt really comfortable with that. It turned out fabulous when he got everything finished. I thought he did a real good quality job. If I remember the pricing, it was very reasonable considering what all he had to do but I don't remember exactly how much it was.

Description of Work
We sold our house in July of last year and moved. We had to have a repair done to our tub before our house sold.

12/01/2016

Craig C.

Terrific. Bob was great. He actually recommended one of 2 tubs was only stained, and he cleaned it rather than refinish to save us money. The tub he did refinish came out great. Gave advice on how to care for and clean tub to keep looking new. I would highly recommend to friends and family. Honest, amiable, and professional. (He also re-caulked the tub he cleaned and reattached and caulked a soap dish the kids had broken off.)

Description of Work
Needed 2 tubs refinished.

09/17/2016

DONNA H.

The project went completely beyond my expectations. Very professional.

Description of Work
Provider refinished bathtub.

05/11/2016

William S.

We purchased a 50 year old home with a discolored cast iron tub, that we thought needed refinishing. Bob was able to clean the tub with lacquer thinner and scotch brite to an almost new finish, saving us the expense of refinishing. It will probably need to be refinished a few years from now, and you can bet we will call Bob when the time comes. Bob we appreciate your professionalism and honesty.

Description of Work
Evaluated and cleaned cast iron tub

03/06/2016

Linda J.

This is not a job for wimps! My goodness, it's a tedious job but Bob was so patient and dedicated. He came all the way to south Arlington from Lewisville every day all week to do the next step of the process (several steps require overnight drying). After we thought it all was finished, I noticed a couple of spots that weren't quite right and he graciously came back to get them right. Twice he did that! I really appreciated his commitment to getting it right so that I was pleased. He cleaned up very well afterwards. Bob is very nice to work with and was a pleasure to do business with. His price is very fair.

Description of Work
refinish master bathroom counter tops, jetted tub, and shower.

02/28/2016

Mark H.

We were quoted $250, but they only charged $225. That was amazing. The work was first class, they were very easy to work with and friendly. I got quotes for the same job a few months ago for over $1000 total. This is probably the best experience we have had with a contractor in our home! If I could give more than 5 stars I would!!!!

Description of Work
Refinished a sink, repaired a crack in a bathtub and shower.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

02/13/2016

Deborah A.

I called because our 25 year old tub looked like it had rust around the overflow drain. I had tried to clean it but it never looked right and seemed to get worse as time went on. I thought we might need to have the tub refinished to stop the "rust" from progressing. Bob determined that it was not rust but mold (not black mold!). He cleaned the area and now it looks fine. The tub otherwise was in good condition and did not need refinishing. I appreciate his honesty in helping us deal with this. Very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
The area around the overflow drain on our tub looked rusted. Bob determined that it was mold not rust. Chemically cleaned area and it looks good.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

02/04/2016

kelly O.

Bobby and his wife fixed chips and discolorations in 3 tubs. They did an amazing job. The price was great. They were professional and prompt and worked around other contractors. I wish I could review them three times.

Description of Work
repair finish in tubs

11/06/2015

Nicole W.

Bob was friendly, arrived on time and gave an accurate quote. He and his son were VERY neat and clean up after refinishing my tube. He was flexible and came back a few days after the finished dried to finish the job by replacing the drain. He even gave me tips on refinishing my second bathroom tub and tiles and fixed a lose tile in that bathroom as well. As soon as I figure out what I'm doing with the tile in my second bathroom, I will definitely be calling him to re-finish my second tub.

Description of Work
Repaired quarter size hole, 3 inch surface crack and refinished bathtub. Also replaced drain.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, plumbing, drain pipe

10/15/2015

Judith B.

An honest person, I am amazed. Bob came to my house and recommended a less expensive option to fix my tub. patching the chips instead of glazing entire tub.Referred me to his son at Superior Surface, (also on Angie's list). Work was done for a much lower cost and it is beautiful. Also resurfaced the old cultured vanity top. Everything was explained to me and they left the bathroom cleaner than it was when they arrived.

Description of Work
Came to house to glaze tub.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

09/21/2015

DJ C.

Bob was quite professional and on time. He explained the process, worked quickly to set up, and worked through to completion. I've had a tub resurfaced before, so I knew what to expect. I was surprised at how amazing he made our old, outdated tile surrounding the tub look. Wow... Our tub and tile went from 80's dated and yellow to spa white! Because of the process, there is a definite smell that will linger a few days (despite the fans he provides). Because of the hot temperature outside, we weren't able to open all our windows for ventilation, therefore, the odor seemed worse. The only minus was a degree of very fine overspray (probably just in the air, but it does settle). He takes the time to clean it up, but missed some of it. I called him the next day to find out how I could remove it. He insisted on coming back because he wanted to make sure that we were pleased with his work. Not only did he drive all the way across town to remedy the situation, but he showed me how to safely clean all my porcelain AND took the time to adjust my storm door (which was sagging and falling off) plus showed us how to adjust it in the future. Bob is punctual, efficient, professional, fair in his pricing and goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are satisfied. I highly recommend Superior Finish.

Description of Work
Refinished our tub and bath surround in our guest bathroom.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

09/05/2015

James M.

Bob arrived on time to a look at the tub and said he did not believe it needed to be refinished; He cleaned it up which confirmed his evaluation and recommended someone to touch up the two chips. HE REFUSED TO LET ME PAY HIM FOR HIS TIME. Very professional.

Description of Work
Was contacted about resurfacing a bath tub

08/28/2015

Richard S.

Bob arrived on time. The job was going to be a 2-day job (not the quick 2-3 hr. same day that some other companies do). Cleaned the bathtub and said that we did not need to refinish because the tub was in such good condition. He said that he could go ahead and refinish if that is what we wanted but if it were in his house he would not refinish at this time. He also said if we change our mind and decide to refinish he would come back and deduct the amount paid from the total cost. He told me that the charge for today was $35. He drove all the way from Lewisville. I told him that would not even pay for the gas for the round trip and I paid him more. How often do you come across a contractor/service repair technician that honest and forthright. He was very professional and friendly. If you need your tub refinished, do not bother checking around, just call this company. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Scheduled to refinish 40 yr old bathtub.

08/01/2015

Yvette G.

Bob came to my house and did a walk through of my new 1938 home. He's was a wealth of information and a total charm. Day one, I took out the grout around the bottom of the tub to finish up after his visit and he suggested I regrout first, to avoid microscopic scratches from grout falling and feet stepping on top of grout - most people would not care and avoid coming back on a Sunday - he came the next day on time again and did a fantastic job on both tubs. He was 45 bucks more than the last guy that called back days later and well worth it.

Description of Work
Refinished two tubs in two locations.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

Andy’s Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Andys Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Berkeys Air Conditioning Plumbing & Electrical

Berkeys has been serving DFW since 1975. Berkeys offers plumbing, air conditioning & heating, and electrical services to homeowners. The company sells America’s top-rated brands of heating and air conditioning equipment known for high efficiency, reliability and serviceability. Berkeys Peace of Mind Plan ensures HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems all operate safely and at peak efficiency. Berkeys maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has led the field in area newspapers’ readers’ favorite polls.

Offers by Berkeys Air Conditioning Plumbing & Electrical on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal
    $25.00

Bath Tub, Tile & Countertop Refinishing.

Plumbing & General Contracting.