Eagle Transmission & Auto Repair

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2010

825 S Mill St

Lewisville, TX 75057

Eagle Transmission and Auto Repair has been in business since 1983. We are accredited members of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our shop is also members in good standing with ATSG (Automotive Transmission Service Group), ATRA (Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association)and ASE (Automotive Service

03/02/2017

Joe D.

Not as well as expected. Took a week longer than expected and ended up costing about $1000 more than originally discusssed. I do understand however that it's impossible to accurately quote transmission repairs without opening it up. Eagle did trace some wiring issues and repair them at no extra cost. They also however left grease on both front floor mats and driver side door. Today, sometimes when I put my vehicle in gear the transmission shifts hard and jumps. I'm hesitant to take it in to have them look at it and be without my vehicle for a few more days and get it back dirty again. The whole process could have been better if the repairs were completed more timely as promised and phone calls returned. Having a transmission rebuilt sucks, but a lot of frustration could have been avoided with a little more professionalism. They can do a better job with customer service.

Description of Work
Transmission rebuild.

Category

Hey [Member Name Removed], yes I remember on your Ford how the geartrain in your transmission had failed in such a catastrophic way, which was quite unexpected to say the least. I apologize for the time it took, but as I explained, we also had a chance to take care of some wiring harness issues between the transmission and the floor that would have bit you in the future and necessitated again removing the transmission for access. If the transmission jumps into gear, that is NOT right and I will need to see it and possibly perform a few adjustments to iron that out. Please return at your convenience, and I will personally do what I should have done in the first place, and that's ensure a timely repair. I will also see to it that your truck is cleaned and detailed for you. Ernie

01/26/2017

Toni C.

I didn't have to wait long and Ernie and his crew were polite and professional. They treated me like I know about vehicles--I don't! I appreciated the respect and courtesy I was shown.

Description of Work
Drove our vehicle, put it up on the rack and found where the problem was coming from. Brought me out to show me so I could tell my husband.

01/03/2017

Clyde P.

I wasn't totally satisfied with them. They couldn't fix it, every so often I would have to take it back, and have them re-fix it. They were nice people, and good at engaging me. The quality of the work was an issue. I say to get a second opinion, at the time ten years ago, I would like to take my vehicle to a repair person that could fix it and I don't have to worry about coming back to them. A year and a half later it's still displaying the same problems. It would cost me a little money to get it fixed. Whatever warranty they gave, many times when I came back for repairs, or touch-up, it would be expired. It was another expense to get it fixed again. I ended up getting rid of the vehicle.

Description of Work
I was having problems with the transmission engaging like it should and Eagle Transmission & Auto Repair tried to fix it.

Category auto repair

Hey [Member Name Removed], Are you sure you had your repairs performed at our shop? A search of my records shows no record of any repair orders for you, even going back 10 years. If you had work done to your vehicle here, perhaps it was under another name, or done at another shop. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Ernie

09/14/2015

danna S.

I Called and spoke to Ernie, he was real nice, and they offer free estimates. Dropped truck off next morning said I would hear back in about an hour. After probably 3hrs I called and Ernie called me back 20min later with diagnoses and "best case/worst case" scenario/price. He said he would know more once I approved the work and let them drop the transmission. I ended up being on the worst case side but what they replaced was mid range price of the other companies I called for verbal quotes. Work was finished before end of business the next day. The only thing that seemed a little strange was that I had not mentioned the Angie's List discount until I picked up my vehicle. I was told it was already on there and it turned out to be closer to 14% as opposed to the listed 10% off labor. Not sure if it was because I was a new customer or what but sounded good to me. After I paid I got the print out invoice and looked at it in my truck. It listed everything that was done in one paragraph as one invoice item with the price being the exact $1075 total. I feel the price was fair so not worried about it but previous shops I have used gave a per item price with labor listed separate. Long story short, not sure if there actually was a discount. I am typically hesitant to tell people ahead of time because I feel like that leads to "padding" the invoice and then showing a discount. Earnie did say they used all ford OEM parts which I like and there is a lifetime warranty on the clutch plus 3yrs on the labor. I would use them again and just maybe ask for a breakdown on the invoice next time.

Description of Work
Replace Clutch and other affiliated parts

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Hey [Member Name Removed], I just got back from my vacation, so I just saw your review. Thank you for everything and the great review. I have not had a chance to review the invoices that were generated just before I went away. (I make a habit of doing just that to verify for parts billing). I will check your invoice personally and verify that indeed you received your labor discount. Usually, you would receive a follow up call after this has been done to verify customer satisfaction, but because I was gone, they may not have done that or performed just the call itself. I do recall when you picked it up and mentioning that it had been credited, as it usually is. We always ask everyone how they heard about us so any applicable discounts or credits can be prepared prior to the invoice being finalized, so I'll also check for that as well. Let me check, and I'll be in touch with you today or tomorrow. Thanks, Ernie L.

04/26/2015

LARRY A.

They did a great job and followed up shortly after I drove of to see how the vehicle handled. Price was exactly as quoted.

Description of Work
diagnosed problem and replaced spring and shocks

09/17/2014

John S.

It was great. I've been very happy with them. The quality assurance is good.

Description of Work
Repair/ replace 3rd & 4th gear transmission clutches.

05/31/2014

Sharon W.

Great so far. Very professional, and did the work in a timely manner, Explained what was wrong and offered alternative solutions. I would most likely return for any other needed maintenance.

Description of Work
Replaced Transmission in 2002 Lexus

Category auto repair

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to repair your vehicle and earn your trust! We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in the need of automobile repairs. Ernie

02/02/2014

Angela W.

They are not quick but they are thorough

Description of Work
Fixed a transmission for a great price with tremendous care.

09/20/2013

Albert C.

After taking the car to the provider site, we got an estimate from the manager and a completion date for the repair. The manager was very cordial and answered all our questions to our satisfaction. We signed a work order with an estimated cost so that they could begin the work. It took a few days longer than they estimated to get the transmission completed (parts availability?) . We finally picked up the vehicle and after a test drive we paid and left. 2 days after the repair, while running an errand, the vehicle began to experience driving issues and dumped transmission fluid all over our driveway. We called Eagle and they sent a tow truck over to pick up the Rodeo. The next day they told us that an O-ring seal had failed and caused all the fluid to pump out, but that they had replaced it and all was well. Everyone, including the owner, was very apologetic about the problem. Overall, while we were initially quite annoyed that the transmission failed so soon after the repair, in reality we've had no problems with the functionality of the car or the quality of their work. We took the car in after 6 months to have the transmission checked-out and serviced per their requirement. We've been driving the Rodeo for a year now, and except for a 'rough shift' occasionally, all appears to working normally.

Description of Work
The provider removed and rebuilt the automatic transmission in my wife's 2003 Isuzu Rodeo.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Thank you for the review. Yes, I remember that from last year, and how an o-ring seal to an oil cooler line had ruptured and spilled the fluid beside your home. You're right, that isn't supposed to happen, and it took us completely by surprise. Of course we'd come and pick it up, these things are not supposed to happen at all, and I'm glad we were able to get you fixed up and back on the road pronto. Unfortunately, with Isuzu, GM has seen fit to discontinue the line, and the main Company in Japan is phasing them out in North America, so as time goes on, we will need to become more creative in locating the parts needed to repair them. But they are a nice, comfortable, reliable cars, so them on the road always pays dividends. Again, thank you for your confidence in up, Ernie

08/20/2013

Phillip E.

They seem to be very reasonable, they just didn't try to rip me off.

Description of Work
I used Eagle Transmission and Auto Repair for my auto transmission.

07/29/2013

Mayo H.

Found no issues with transmission. Drained and filled fluid.

Description of Work
Maintenance service of transmission.

07/25/2013

Brandon C.

Great place! They must be crazy busy. Their lot was very full of cars from the time I pulled up to the day that I pulled out. They had to move cars around just to let me out of the lot. First, let me say that I am very critical if I am going to leave a review and overall I was very happy with Eagle Transmission, their people and their service...if I had one complaint it was about the timing of getting an initial diagnosis. I had called on a Saturday and we made a loose appointment to drop off my truck the following Tuesday (I say "loose" because we pretty much just said "around lunch time"). I arrived a little earlier than lunch time on Tuesday and dropped off the truck and was assured that I would get a call within a few hours. By 4:15 I called them because I hadn't heard anything and I needed to make arrangements for getting home from work. I was assured I would hear something by the end of the day, but never got another call that day. The next morning I still had not heard anything and I called them about 10am. I was assured I would get a call back in the next hour. By 12:15 I hadn't heard anything, so I had a friend drive me over (I needed to get something out of my vehicle anyway) to the shop. When I got there, the hood was up on my vehicle and I went in and spoke to one of the main office guys. He explained that the problem didn't look like it was actually a transmission problem, but that my vehicle was "missing" and that was causing it to feel like a transmission problem. I was happy to hear that because I knew that would likely be less cost to fix. But, they still said they needed a little more time for an official diagnosis. Around 3:30 I got a call and they said that they believed it was definitely an engine problem. I was given a quote and that it would be ready in the next hour or so. Less than an hour later, they called to tell me it was ready...and that it was actually slightly less than I was originally quoted because of the Angie's List discount they were offering. All in all, they were very nice people (and apologetic of the diagnosis time frame), and they never made me feel like a lot of mechanic shops make you feel (like an idiot) when you go in with a problem you can't explain very well. I would definitely recommend them. I don't completely think that the extra time to diagnose the problem was because of it not being the transmission (I think it was because they were too busy at the time..judging by the full lot), but that wouldn't stop me from trusting this place again with my vehicle. My total time from "drop-off" to "repaired" was actually only a little more than a day. But, the time it took to get a diagnosis just made me nervous because this is my only vehicle and I was worried about how long it would take to actually get it fixed once they diagnosed the problem. But, again, all in all...I'm a happy camper! Any place that doesn't try to sell you the most expensive fix first gets my vote. It's only been a day but my truck is running great and no sign of the previous problem....and it cost me less than I had budgeted!

Description of Work
Repaired what I believed to be a transmission problem, turns out it was not

Category auto repair, transmission repair, car inspections

06/12/2013

pat T.

After three visits, finally found the solution to a problem that otheres were unable to fix!! Hurray, no more worries when driving in slow traffic. Great job, very professional, even though the solution seemed to be a challenge to find.

Description of Work
Car was overheating.

05/30/2013

Gary K.

Provider did a drive test, several drives tests until they experienced the problem with the transmission. This required several days of drive testing by the service shop. Once problem manifested, they pulled ECU code and called to discuss repair options and costs. I selected to have them replace the failed sensor and do a transmission service as the car had not had transmission service in 100k miles. They finished the sensor replacement and service in one business day. Then they road tested the car several times to make sure the problem was fixed. Although this took a week to complete, I appreciated that the shop was very thorough, and complete. Eagle wanted to ensure the problem was fixed. Ernie asked that we call back in a week and let him know if there were any problems. We did, and he assured us that if there were any issues, please bring the car back and they would fix them as this car's transmission should last awhile longer with proper care. With all the labor and diagnostic time, I felt their price was VERY favorable when compared to the local Mazda dealer. It's been several months since the repair and the car is working perfectly. No transmission problems!!

Description of Work
Diagnosed transmission ECU codes and fixed failed sensors. Also did a transmission flush and replaced filters (120k on car).

03/12/2013

Cara G.

The brakes on my car were grinding, and I had waited longer than I should have before taking the car in for repair. I found this shop, fairly close to me, on Angie's List and took the car them on a Tuesday morning. I called first and described the noise the brakes were making, and asked if they thought they'd be able to finish the job that day. The person who answered the phone said they should be able to finish it that day as long as parts were in stock, and that everything should be in stock unless my brakes were in an extreme state of neglect. I had my car there within 30 minutes; I had the day off and no ride back home, so I intended to wait at the shop, but I hadn't mentioned that on the phone. When the manager realized I intended to wait on the car, he put it next in line to be diagnosed. He even offered to give me a ride home, but I declined. I wanted to at least wait for the diagnosis to see whether I could get it fixed that day or take it somewhere that could. After the car was diagnosed, he gave me an estimate and said they could be finished with it by noon that day. Despite me having mentioned that I thought the brakes were grinding, they didn't tell me that the rotors needed to be replaced (which I know from experience can really hit the wallet pretty hard). The price was higher than I had been hoping it would be, but truly about what I was expecting as a fair price given the grinding sound the brakes were making. I agreed to have them do the work, and they completed it by around 10:30 am. They turned the rotors and drums, replaced shoes and pads, and cleaned the other brake parts. The price was slightly less than quoted. The feel of the brake pedal was immediately noticeable (and the grinding noise was gone). I'll definitely call Eagle when it's time for a brake job on my wife's car.

Description of Work
Replaced front brake pads and rear brake shoes; turned front rotors; cleaned and lubed other brake hardware

Category auto repair

Dear member, Thanks for the nice comments about our shop and the services we provided. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Mike Lebherz Owner

12/05/2012

Saba A.

It went very well. Got a ride back and excellent service. Will go again. Excellent diagnosis on transmissions issue. Thanks to Manager Lee for fixinng my Jaguar. I went to other transmission companies and they were not accurate in their diagnosis. It's been a while but I came back to leave feedack because of their services and honest diagnosis.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Thanks for the great review! I do remember that Jaguar, because we were kinda fearing the worst, but in the end, it wasn't. Thank you for your faith in us! Ernie

11/11/2012

georgia H.

My son's truck broke down and I called Erine at Eagle Transmission to see if that was something he could look at it. He sent a tow truck out (free of charge) to pick up the truck and take back to the shop. This was on a Saturday afternoon. He called me Tuesday morning to tell me what was wrong with the truck. He told me what needed to be done, the price and then they got started. They had the truck for a good week. The starter went out due to an engine leak, new brakes, oil change were done. About 10 days later, I noticed it still had a leak. I took it back to Eagle Transmission and they took a look at it and fixed it. It needed an O ring so they fixed it and the truck has been good ever since. This is the second vehicle they have fixed in a month of each other. I will always take my vehicles back to Eagle Transmission. They do good work, honest and dependable. I believe they give you the best price around.

Description of Work
You can call them 24 hours and they will get back to you; it might not be right away but you will get a call the next morning if it's after hours.

Category auto repair, towing

Thanks so much for the great review!! Member, you and your family are always welcome here, and we sincerely look forward to your visits!! Thanks again! Ernie

11/11/2012

georgia H.

Working and talking with Erine at Eagle Transmission, he was very honest and professional. He did all he could to find and save money on parts. They worked fast and efficiently on my van and returned it to me within a week. They are very professional and I would recommend this place to all my friends. They don't just do transmissions.they do other auto care as well. Vehicle is working and running great! Thanks Eagle Transmission!

Description of Work
I had taken my vehicle to 2 other places first, but I felt very comfortable with Eagle Transmission. I needed a new transmission.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Member, we truly appreciate your business! Transmission repairs can't always be inexpensive, but we do everything we can to keep them as affordable as possible. Thanks for your business, and we look forward to seeing you again sometime! Ernie

10/11/2012

Douglas B.

The transmission seems to be holding well. I would recommend them as far as good pricing and good professional service.

Description of Work
I had a situation after we had the transmission rebuilt; the hose had come off and it was related to the transmission fluid. They corrected it and replaced the fluid for free as they did work on the transmission.

Category transmission repair

Member, Thanks for the great review!! We sure appreciate your confidence in us, and we'll be there for any other automotive needs you may have. And thanks again for your business. Ernie

10/05/2012

Don M.

. He took it up to Eagle for an estimate. Later in the took it back up left it there for repairs. They estimated that it would take a week to rebuild the trans. It ended up taking 10 days to complete (may have been a misunderstanding on my sons part as he is not good with details). Anyway, after several months the transmission is working fine. We we crawled under the truck to look at it and it looked brand new. The guy at the desk was very friendly. Told us to being the turck back in a couple of weeks so they could check it for leaks (very important). So overall they got the job done for what they quoted and in a reasonable time frame. I wouldn't have a problem using them again.

Description of Work
My son busted the reverse gear his transmission in his 2002 Silverauto truck. Don't ever put a transmission in reverse while the truck is still moving forward even if it is (just a little bit). It required a total rebuild.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Thank you for your business and your comments on our service. We continually strive to improve our turn around time for major repair situations like yours, however, as you know, we can only estimate, rather than guarantee, the time needed for serious repairs like yours. That being said, there is always room for improvement, and we will continue to improve our response and turn around times to better serve our customers needs. Again, thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Ernie

08/14/2012

Natalie S.

I called Eagle and Ernie answered the line. I explained to him that my A/C was blowing but it wasn't getting cold. He advised me to bring my car in so they could diagnose the issue. I took my car in on Tuesday. He called me Tuesday afternoon and said there was no power to the system and the fuse was blowing. He asked if he could keep the car overnight so that they could continue investigating the next day. On Wednesday he called and said that compressor was seizing and that I would need to replace the compressor. He also stated that it is a good idea to replace the dryer and expansion valve at the same time. He quoted me $1300. I advised him to proceed with ordering the parts. He called on Thursday to let me know that one of the parts that arrived was not the right part and he would have to re-order it. Friday morning he called to let me know they had what they needed and they would be done with my car at the end of the day. The car was ready when he advised but I waited until Saturday to pick it up. When I arrived on Saturday Ernie was very friendly and cheerful. He went over my bill and advised that they ended up not having to use the dryer, so that saved me some money. He also gave me 10% off labor since I mentioned I found them through Angie's List. Overall, I had a great experience. Ernie was very friendly, knowledgeable, and informative. He was consistent with the updates and his pricing. Thanks to Eagle Transmission and Auto Service my Air Conditioner is COLD!

Description of Work
Replace A/C Compressor, Dryer, and Expansion Valve and Service Transmission

07/25/2012

Gayle R.

They are upfront in dealing with you about what's going on. They are upfront about the cost. I would tell people to go to them and check out what the deal is. They will give you an honest assessment of what needs to be done.

Description of Work
I have used Eagle Transmission and Auto Repair. They worked on my air conditioner.

Category auto repair

Thanks for the nice review! I have to admit though, I'm a bit surprised about the "C' regarding price though... We always try to be VERY price conscious here at Eagle Lewisville. Please call if you have any concerns, Ernie

07/14/2012

Pamela L.

My car stopped on the freeway and I had it towed to my home. The next day it was driveable so I drove it to the mechanic close too my home. After the mechanic checked, I was told that I had two "bad codes" that indicated I had a transmission issue. They recommended that they take to their transmission guy to confirm the transmission was the issue I approved they have the diagnosis done and when they got back to me, I was told I needed a new transmission. I had no reason not to trust them since they have taken care of my car for the past 3 years. The price that was quoted for a re-built Transmission was $2,000 with a one year warranty and $1,000 for the Solenoids with no warranty. I checked with my friend who told me it that since my car had very low milage (92,000) I should get another opinion. I called Toyota who told me they have never had a issue with my car Transmission at the milage and they suggest I bring it in to them. I opted to go on Angie's List and find another mechanic, I choose Eagle Transmission. I bought my car to Ernie and he immediately told me that he had never had Transmission problem with a car that had such low milage. He told me that it would take a couple of days to diagnosis and he would get back to me, he confirmed the two bad codes, but told me it did not necessarily mean I needed a new Transmission After 3 days he called me and told me it was the Solenoids and not the Transmission. He quoted me $850 with a one year warranty and I had them do the work after checking with my neighbor who worked as a mechanic in the Army. My neighbor took me to pick up my car and Mike showed him the diagram of what was done and he told me, he was quite impressed and so was I. They're busy so don't expect a quick turnaround, but if you have patients you can expect excellent work.

Description of Work
Eagle (Ernie) Replaced Solenoids my 2001 Toyota Avalon after being told I needed a new Transmission.

05/25/2012

Terry C.

The experience was okay. My main objection was that I did not get follow up from the company during the repair process. The car was serviced for approximately 6 days and I had to follow up with the company to see how things were going.

Description of Work
Transmission fluid changed. Motor mounts replaced. They did find a fuel leak inside of the engine compartment.

Category auto repair

Thank you for your business, Member I apologize for the lack of feedback you received while your vehicle was in our shop. Upon looking back at the notes and work we performed on your vehicle, I see that more effort was put into saving you money on your repair than in communicating with you. An example of this is us spending all that time looking for the parts to repair your fuel leak instead of just recommending a replacement. Again, I apologize for the oversight. We strive for complete professionalism here at Eagle Lewisville, and anything short of that is not only a concern for you, but for us as well. We hope to see you again in the future, and we promise you the top quality repair with great communication that people expect from us. Again, we apologize, and thank you for your business! Ernie

06/28/2011

Gayle R.

Finally found an honest repair shop and their prices are terrific to boot! This shop, while called Eagle Transmission, does all repair work except tires and mufflers. They repaired my transmission for 50% less than the dealership quoted, plus gave me a free estimate, whereas the dealership charged me $50. In addition they towed the car from the dealership to their shop for no charge. This establishment did not try to do any unnecessary work. They called frequently to advise of status. Due to an illness of one mechanic they were a day late in returning my car, but the owner called the day before and offered to rent me a car, free of charge. This is a first class repair shop with integrity. They treat the customer like gold. We will definitely be using them in the future for all car repairs and would recommend this business to anyone.

Description of Work
Had transmission rebuilt and replaced and a few other wear and tear items replaced.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Thanks for the great review, Member. I found myself blushing.... Mike and I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future! Take Care! Ernie

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Towing
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Automatic & Standard Transmission Rebuilding & Repairing, Rebuilt Differentials, Transfer Case Repair, Air Conditioning System Repair, Engine Replacement &Repair & Brakes.