We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Clear Lake Movers Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2011

304 Velvet St

League City, TX 77573

The staff at Clear Lake Movers is a team of professionals who excel in providing on time, quality service to our customers. We are a family business, established in 1995, servicing the Houston, Galveston and Clear Lake areas. We bring a new meaning to the word "moving company." We are proud to have

07/29/2021

Chris F.

I contacted Clearlake movers based upon the recommendations and 4.8 stars given on Angie’s list the mover provided a price list through the messaging app on angi app. I reviewed the moves as listed above with the contractor on two separate occasions on the Friday before the move the contractor told me that the move would be to $225 for the piano move and require a three man crew at $150 per hour and estimated the job would take two hours and suggested that I have $525 on hand as I was going to pay cash I informed them about the third Drop off and that would be an additional $35 for another location when it came time to settle the bill I was informed that I was being charged for trip time from Clearlake to the first pick up and would be additionally charged from the final drop off until the movers reached back to Clearlake at no time was the transportation time discussed and nowhere on the price sheet that was provided to me on a NGI app doesIt state that there is a fee for transportation outside of 10 mile radius as the service provider is now claiming I was never informed of this additional charge the final charge of $903 also included a 5% service fee because I had to use a credit card to settle up the account as I did not have sufficient cash on hand I would like the contractor to eat the $300 And issue an apology for their miscommunication

Description of Work
Move piano from 2nd story of first residence to 1st floor of another residence. Move king size bed from 3rd floor of first residence to 1st floor of second residence. Move queen bed from 2nd residence to 3rd residence

Category moving companies, piano moving

Hi, thank you for your review and stating your side of the story. The price you were given is only an estimate as you were told, being that we cannot give you a solid price without seeing exactly what the move curtails. The transportation that we charge was explained to you, and I understand missing that information during a phone call as there is a lot of information to take in at once- which is why we always send our rates and terms to our customers by email. Everything that we charge for is explained in those sheets. On our terms and conditions, number 10 states, "we charge travel time at regular hourly rate for moves ten miles outside of the league city area". Our charges and the way we do business is very transparently explained in our rates and terms that we sent out to you prior to your move. The bill you owed us was the accurate amount for a move of your caliber, and the $300 you are requesting is unreasonable as you paid us for the work we did for you, including the 30 minute drive out to Houston and back. Before starting your move, our crew chief confirmed the details of your move and presented our contract which states everything on it that was previously emailed to you, including the travel time. You signed this paperwork and agreed to what was presented. Upon completing payment you signed your name under our "satisfactory move" signature line. These complaints did not arise until several days after your move. If there was an issue with the quality of your move compared to what you paid, we would've spoken with you during your move and cleared up any misunderstandings. You paid the same rate as all of our other customers and your total bill was a fair and reasonable price for the service we did for you. Thank you.

04/22/2020

Kenneth D.

Smoothly to say the least. Excellent workers and great owner that I talked to personally.

Description of Work
Needed a couch moved into my condo.

Category hauling services, moving companies

Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate it [Member Name Removed]

10/10/2018

Albert C.

We hired a 3-member crew for two hours to move everything from a 10x15 rental storage space and an equivalent amount of furniture and boxes from a home into another rental home. The crew was on time, worked efficiently, and handled all of our items carefully including an upright piano and an antique dining room set. They managed to keep all of our things dry during a sudden downpour. Excellent work!

Description of Work
Local move of furniture, piano, boxes

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we enjoy knowing our clients are happy with our work!

08/27/2018

Mitzi W.

excellent - the team was on time, professional, and courteous.

Description of Work
MOving furniture from 2 rooms into a third for redecorating work.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate you choosing us to move your items!

08/20/2018

Rebecca B.

It went well. My only problem was I was told I could use a credit card and I would get a discount for the move. When the moving men got there, they told us we could not have the discount unless we paid cash. I was not too happy about that, but otherwise things went well. The movers moved quickly and did a good job.

Description of Work
move from home to apartment due to flood

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we apologize for the inconvenience of the payment. We will make sure we thoroughly explain our terms and conditions over the phone prior to avoid a problem like this in the future. We truly appreciate you understanding and choosing to leave us a 5 star review. We hope you choose us again in the future!

05/23/2018

Linda N.

Mike, Mitch, and David were all very careful with our furniture and everything else that was moved. They did a great job and we very much appreciated the work that they all did.

Description of Work
Moved into new house.

Category moving companies

Thank you for trusting us to move your items. We do our best in protecting your items as well as the structure of your home. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, thank you!

04/16/2018

Stacey M.

Clear Lake Movers just moved me yesterday and I have to say that it has been YEARS since I’ve encountered such hard workers. I couldn't be more pleased with this service. The three guys they sent worked their tails off the entire time and were extremely efficient. Not one thing was scratched or broken, either. The last time I hired movers (a few years ago) it seemed like at least one of the three was texting on their phone every time I turned around. I will be a customer of Clear Lake Movers for life!

Description of Work
Moving service

03/12/2018

KATHLEEN G.

Excellent. Very skilled at their job. Very professional

Description of Work
Move my things from my flooded house to my new house with 2 stops in between

01/19/2018

Diane V.

Smoothly, efficiently, and very well.

Description of Work
Move out of furniture, clothing, pictures...all wrapped and moved flawlessly.

01/10/2018

Klaas T.

The crew arrived promptly at 9 a m and got to work with the packing of our stuff. Around half of our gear was already boxed; they carefully packed all the rest, including dishes, china, and household gear. We had a lot of stuff to move, and the crew, five guys, worked all day getting things into boxes and the boxes into their trucks. In the aftermath, several items have turned up missing; for example, my kitchen stepladder has vanished. Breakage was minimal; only one thing was broken beyond repair. Our belongings were handled carefully; I was impressed with the care with which things were packed. Unloading at the destination was completed in about four hours, with a number of boxes carried to random locations in the house. Most gear arrived in locations where it would be useful. Still, even today, three weeks later, we have not finished unpacking and unraveling the chaos.

Description of Work
All my household effects had to be moved from our old house to or new house, five miles away. We had some 2500 square feet of furniture and stuff.

Category moving companies

Hi Klaas, Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the review with Angie's list about our service. We appreciate your business and the "B"- Rating for our service. Sir I would like encourage you to continue to unpack and go through all of your belongings that we have packed and moved-which is a great amount of stuff. I believe you said 30 plus years there. When you are done unpacking and accomplished that. I promise without doubt you will find every single thing that you assumed are missing right there in your possession! Including Step Ladder! :-) Our protocol after every move before we leave each and every customers home, apartment, or business. Is to fold all pads and sweep out truck before we leave and do a walk through before pulling away with payment. There was nothing that was left on our truck from your move. If that was ever the case we would be giving you a call and informing you of that without doubt. I am confident you will find all the things you are looking for as you continue to unpack and unravel the chaos of 30 plus years of possessions in your new house as you stated. As for the broken item? Let us know what it is and we will take care of it!! Thanks [Member Name Removed]again for beingHave a great new year!

01/01/2018

Peggy M.

Perfectly, on time and professional.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from one house to another. They were on time, professional, helpful and polite. Could not ask for anyone better.

11/15/2017

Mindy C.

Excellent! Professional, trustworthy!

Description of Work
Move heavy furniture from garage into house. Also assembled 3 wooden filing cabinets that were in a hundred pieces.

10/18/2017

Christy S.

Great! Easy to schedule and fast move.

Description of Work
Moving from storage unit and from flooded home.

09/25/2017

Deidre S.

Great!! Was very careful wrapping and moving large pieces of furniture and appliances. No scratches or dents.

Description of Work
Short distance move for large items

08/08/2017

D C.

Very well. They showed up a few minutes before schedule, which was perfectly fine, and got to work immediately. They unloaded everything at my new residence quickly & carefully.

Description of Work
Moving large boxes & furniture from one residence to another

07/20/2017

Kristen B.

The team from Clear Lake Movers did a great job. We had a team of four and they worked hard the entire day. The packing went very smoothly and nothing was damaged. It also helped that the same team did the packing and moving, so they knew how we wanted a lot of things set up. They dismantled furniture like beds and tables and put it back together for us. One "antique" bed is now more sturdy than before and they fixed a gas hookup problem with the dryer at the new house. They also were great with weird furniture, such as an electric organ, large pieces of artwork, and musical instruments. I was incredibly pleased with the service.

Description of Work
We moved a 4-bedroom house with a ton of books and bookcases. They both packed and moved.

07/04/2017

Arce S.

The move went without any issues. I requested a 4 man moving crew with a single truck. The guys arrived on time and got to work right away after surveying the items that needed to be moved. One guy was dedicated to organizing the items in the truck to make sure it was well secured. The others worked with very minimal breaks. It was hot and humid that day. The travel distance was @ 35 miles (Baytown to Humble). Took a short stop at our storage facility on the way to pick a few more boxes. No issues with unpacking the truck and setting up our belongings in the rooms we designated. Workers were polite and professional. I received a discount because they were referred to me by a family member who used them recently. Cost is about average for this size moving team and truck. Thank you Clear Lake Movers! You made our move as smooth as possible. I will definitely use them for future moves and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving from single story home to 2 story home.

07/04/2017

Arce S.

Very professional and gentle with belongings. Easy to work with and pricing is competitive with other movers. They are based in Clear Lake so the further away from home base the travel expense is an added cost. This was made clear during the call and the price was equal to or less than some of the other local movers. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Moved 3BR home from Baytown to Humble

06/12/2017

Jaime O.

On time, very organized and respectful of my home. Will use again.

Description of Work
Unload U-Haul into my home.

03/30/2017

Yanne B.

Everything went very well. The guys were prompt and professional, and were very conscientious of the time frame. I was a little worried at first because there were only three men, but they had a system which made the move smooth and no unnecessary stoppage. I would most certainly recommend this company to my family and would use them again if needed.

Description of Work
I needed movers to assist with moving my family. I didn't need any boxes or have any special requests.

03/20/2017

Susanne B.

They had an extra guy on the truck but I didn't want to pay extra. No problem. They came with what I asked for and did an excellent job. The price was exactly what we agreed to.

Description of Work
Moved from one house to another

10/11/2016

Barbara K.

Went great, they were efficient and fast. Really appreciate that. The minimum charge is for 2 hours of service at 120.00 per hour. You'll be surprised just how fast the time flies by. I had a full home of furniture 2. Bedroom sets, living room armoire, 2 couches, cofffee table, 2 side chairs, patio set, 3 heavy wall bookshelf units, kitchen table, chairs, dining room set hutch, table, server. This all took 4 hours including the drive of 26 miles. Great deal

Description of Work
I have used Clear Lake Movers,Inc twice this year while I have been relocating across town. The manager Dave is a great person to work with . The moving team on both occasions were excellent. They handled my furniture with such care! I really appreciate that. Very courteous group of guys. I will continue to use them in the future.

Category hauling services

09/04/2016

Barbara K.

Great, the men warped each furniture piece with moving wrap. Handled furniture with care. Got furniture relocated to new home. The men worked very hard and quickly. Very pleased with work!

Description of Work
Three men moved from upstairs area two hutches and on first floor a secretariat hutch to another home.

07/27/2016

Howard N.

Dave was extremely helpful in planning for move, made excellent suggestions which saved me time, money, and worry. The movers were great-- efficient, friendly, and helpful. You can trust these guys!

Description of Work
Packed and loaded 1 bedroom apt into a moving truck I'm driving across country.

02/16/2016

Lisa S.

Clear Lake Movers is wonderful!. I hired them to move some large and heavy items, such as a big sofa and u-shaped executive desk, from my old office in Pasadena to my new office in Nassau Bay. They were very professional. They communicated well with me about their arrival time and actually were able to arrive a little earlier then my original appointment (after clearing it with me first). The movers worked quickly and took great care not to damage my furniture or the facility. They made moving the furniture look so easy! It took them 2 hours to move some things that I would have taken my family an entire weekend to move. They were also very reasonably priced. I would definitely hire them again in the future. I actually regret that I did not hire them sooner. I wasted a lot of time trying to move some of my office furniture myself, and damaged some things. Had I know how easy and affordable it was to hire movers from Clear Lake Movers, I would have hired them from the get go.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from my old office to my new office.

Clawtel Moving & Storage

We are a family-owned full service moving & storage company that looks to give fast, reliable, and high-quality work. We have been in the moving business for over 17 years and look to give quality work for new and returning customers. We know that moving can be a hectic part of life but Clawtel Moving is here to help make it a breeze. Pricing: The hourly rate starts at ($120/hr) includes two movers with moving rig, and protective padding/wrapping, start time starts when we leave our closest facility to pick up address, there is also a one-time scheduling deposit. (2 hour minimum) Rates-Weekday discounts available ASK ABOUT OUR MOVING SUPPLIES SALES COUNTER: BOXES/WARDOBE BOXES BUBBLE WRAP MOVING BLANKETS STRETCH WRAP TAPE STRAPS DOLLYS/HANDTRUCKS ****WE DO NOT RENT OUT TRUCKS!****

2022 Super Service Award

Moving by Design

Founded 2008, Moving by Design is a family owned business that began in Friendswood, Texas servicing the Clear Lake and Great Houston area. Honored with more awards for service than any other local moving company in the area including an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau since 2012. At Moving by Design we pride ourselves with the service we provide to make every residential and commercial move efficient, safe and affordable. All our customers receive a customized moving plan to ensure that your relocation is as stress-free as possible.

Acapulco Movers

Welcome to Acapulco Movers, we are a Houston moving company with 1 goal: To provide you a stress free moving experience. We offer both residential moving and commercial relocating in Houston and out of State. We aim to provide 5 star service, while offering some of the lowest rates in the industry.

2022 Super Service Award