Abacus Foundation Repair

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2004

2530 Hullette Ave

Lancaster, TX 75134

Abacus Foundation Repair is a small family-owned and operated business founded in 2001. Our commitment to our customers is to provide the highest level of service to ensure their needs are properly taken care of. Abacus is proud to sell and install the most state of the art foundation repair

09/20/2022

Robert E.

The regular foreman was out sick that day so this kid Blake ramrodded the lift, he didn't seem to know what was going on. They broke two water pipes I found out after they left. Now 5 years later they wont honor the warranty .The piers they installed are sinking and the back of the house is now 2.1 inches down. They blamed it on the engineer(whom they recommended) and said he did not evaluate it correctly according to Blake and failed to design enough pilons to support the house now I’m back where I started from. Now they want another 10 grand to do it again! Life time guarantee my ***! I had multiple other companies measure the house for me and their pilons are sinking and when Blake came out and remeasured, his numbers are different (no surprise) than the latest measurements from other vendors. He said they need to redo all the same pylons they already have done once before for another 10,000!!! Some nerve! Blaming the failure on me because they didn't get the final report from the city of Denton, again my fault. Hope you warn people about this company, they are great till you need some warranty work.******* If you get your foundation worked on make sure you get a water sys pressure check BEFORE they raise the house that way you know if they break pipes during the lift. If it passed before and fails after then they broke something! They always only do this test after so they can tell you "It was that way before". Better luck to you!

Description of Work
Lift house to fix foundation

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

You hired an independent engineer in Jan. of 2017. You sent the engineer's report to Abacus in June of 2017 asking for a bid based on your engineer's recommendations. You then hired Abacus to perform the repairs that your engineer recommended. Unfortunately, homes move over time and can need further repairs. Abacus is does not warranty your entire house, only the pilings that we install. You can review the contract that from 2017 for the details of our warranty. Our records indicate that the pilings installed by Abacus did not fail. You can can only lift a section of home as high as its lowest adjoining point. You can review the records that you provided Abacus in 2017 and see that the back-right portion of the master bedroom was -1.2, the front right master bedroom was -1.3 and the back left of BR 1 was -1.4. Meaning we can't lift higher than that point. According to the contract signed by you, you were responsible for obtaining the final engineer's report (since you hired the engineer initially), which you did not obtain. Abacus emailed and tried to contact you on countless occasions asking for this report. We also sent requests to you from the City of Denton regarding that report as well. If you obtained that report, you will be able to see the elevations taken after the repair to compare to most recent. I'm very sorry that you are dissatisfied but Abacus has followed our terms and the home needing more work is out of our control. At this time, Abacus Foundation Repair feels that it is in our best interest to void the most recent bid provided to you. In regards to the plumbing leaks, pipes can break during foundation repair. Especially, when a home is down -2.2 inches. Our contract does disclose that plumbing lines can break when lifting and it also states Abacus is not responsible for such repairs. It also discloses that if a plumbing leak is not repaired in a timely manner that your warranty would be void. All of this information was provided to you up front, you signed said contract and agreed to the terms.

08/07/2020

Curt R.

I postponed calling a foundation repair company for a while, but I knew there was a problem with our home. A good friend of mine had Abacus fix his foundation problem last year and highly recommend them. I have to say from the first phone call they (front office to workers) were very courteous and professional. It was a big job (23 interior and exterior piers) and they did a fantastic job in two days. Special thank you to Shannon, Austin and Emilio.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Category mudjacking, foundation repair

06/01/2020

Alberto M.

I must say, out of the 3 foundation repair contacts i made Abacus was by far the most thorough. They went and explained to me what was going to happen step by step, what issues I was having and how they would be resolving them . They also had everything set up from the permit, to the engineer verifying the work was done correctly and checking for any leaks after. They may not have been the cheapest ( I feel it was a very fair price though), but you get what you pay for, everything turned out great. I would recommend and use them again if i needed to.

Description of Work
Foundation leveling

Category mudjacking

Thank you for the kind words and taking time to leave us a review. We pride ourselves in the work we do and our goal is to always have happy customers. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

06/01/2019

Tom R.

Good group to deal with. My foundation had recurring issues, but Abacus seems to have worked them out. Some interior molding needed replacement due to the work, and Richard went the extra mile to find matching molding for my 35 year-old house.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

04/05/2019

Tim D.

Mostly it went great. The foundation was work done. But there's just one problem that happened, the pipes crack and separated, and they are not responsible for fixing the pipes. But when it come to the price, they were the cheaper. They can easily be contacted.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

04/05/2019

Becky G.

They were awesome we would and did recommend them. They were wonderful. They cleaned up their mess. They did a great job

Description of Work
They repaired my foundation

03/27/2019

Warren C.

I always feel like they're not just into business as selling as much as they can. They look to get the job done right. Their engineer knows what he's doing. Their office manager talks through the problem with you too.

Description of Work
They did a foundation repair.

03/20/2019

Tim B.

It's been 18 months and so far so good.

Description of Work
They did some foundation repair for us across the front of our house.

03/19/2019

Lynn B.

They were excellent, I highly recommend them. They were trustworthy, I believe that their recommendations and work was truthful.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced all the sewer pipe which was under the foundation, so it required trenching.

03/17/2019

Atlaf A.

Price was little high but the work was fine.

Description of Work
Repaired foundation.

03/16/2019

Delmer A.

Chris Gonzales was an excellent representative. He is very professional, gave us peace of mind about our foundation. I I will be needing a foundation repair, Abacus foundation repair will be my only choice.

Description of Work
We called them for a foundation Repair. Chris Gonzales came out for evaluation and told us that we do not need foundation repair. It was a free evaluation.

06/28/2018

Susan J.

A detailed assessment of the first steps to determining the source of cracks in the walls and ceiling was done. Richard gave us good information as to what to have checked out first before he determined if his services were needed.

Description of Work
Assessment of foundation problem

05/18/2018

Ravi B.

The guy sounded real pro. I liked the way they did their job.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection

12/20/2017

Alex G.

They came out right on time as they promised to take a look at my foundation and assess the problems. He left and told me it would be a couple days before I saw a quote. 10 days later I called back into the company and they apologize for dropping the ball and said it would be another few days before getting a quote. When I finally received a quote was for $99,000 (I kid you not) I have a 2000 square-foot home and three other bids from companies in the $10-$15,000 range. Their response to me was that there is too much liability and they recommend I talk to an engineer before having them do any work. This makes absolutely no sense to me as all the other companies were able to provide solutions. To be honest I’m not sure where the disconnect is here but I would not recommend using this company in any capacity

Description of Work
Foundation work

Category concrete repair, excavators, foundation repair

09/13/2017

Ted R.

On time worked professionally completed job as scheduled could not Ask for more

Description of Work
Foundation repair

07/18/2017

steve K.

If you want honesty, use Abacus. They were the most thorough, with the best description of what my house needed. I had a couple others out to give me bids and no one came close to the detail and time that Abacus provided. They were in line with the other offers, but gave me info that the others didn't as well as giving me options to not mess up the front porch. Chris was awesome. We decided to move to a different house instead of fixing our foundation, but since Abacus had done such a great job with us already, we had them take a look at another house we were in the process of buying. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did that. The house was in much worse shape than the one we were moving out of. Abacus literally saved us over a quarter of a million dollars because we withdrew our bid on that house. Guess what, we had them come check the next one we bid on. It passed their inspection and we purchased the house. Foundation inspection money was the best money we spent. On a side note, a guy I work with was needing foundation work on his house and wasn't happy with the quotes he was being given. I told him to call Abacus. He did, and not only were they less money, they told him his problems were most likely the result of a water leak under his house. They were right! None of the others did that. Abacus was the hero for him also.

Description of Work
Foundation repair estimate on a house we were living in and then evaluations on houses we were looking to buy.

Category foundation repair

Wow! Thank you for such an amazing review and of course the referral.

06/16/2017

Mark C.

Went very well, was candid that repairs were not likely needed, but wrote an estimate.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection and maintenance, needed to determine why one corner of house a little lower.

Category foundation repair

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are a family business and we take pride in our work and honesty to our customers. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know!!

04/11/2017

Anthony M.

As a home buyer, I have contacted Abacus twice, and they were helpful and understanding both times. The first time, they had (at seller's request) evaluated the foundation on a home & recommended repairs. When my inspector recommended additional fixes, I called Abacus to verify; they were very accommodating & willing to work with both parties to figure out the right way to get the foundation up to par. They were so helpful the first time, I contacted them again for a second opinion on plumbing work at another home. No service was provided (I was under a severe time crunch) but they were as helpful as one could imagine. I would have no qualms contacting Abacus for additional work.

Description of Work
Needed second opinions on my home-buyer's inspection report for foundation & plumbing.

Category plumbing, foundation repair

Thank you [Removed Member Name]! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It was a pleasure working with you and allowing us to repair your foundation and plumbing issues!!!!

02/27/2017

John B.

Everything went great, and they were very professional!

Description of Work
Abacus provided an estimate that was very reasonable and I would definitely recommend their service.

Category foundation repair

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!! We really do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave us a review.

02/01/2017

Robert K.

Two other contractors bid about the same at $7k. This company wanted $26k. Ridiculous! AND in their fine print said they would NOT be responsible for any broken sprinkler lines.

Description of Work
Install a French drain around a sunken living room.

Category drain pipe, foundation repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm very sorry that you feel our bid was so overpriced. However, a 65' French Drain 60" deep, 28' Roof Drain Line, 40' Discharge Line, 36' Spray Silicon Waterproofing on Grade Beam, 18' of Ego Shield Waterproof Material, and 7' deep Sump Pit & Pump are very costly. Our company uses 4" Schedule 40 PVC instead of Corrugated Drain Pipe. Corrugated Drain Pipe is significantly cheaper; however, you get what you pay for. According to research (check google as well) and experience, we have found that Corrugated Drain Pipe does not last as long and it will collapse with earth movement. Also, considering the French Drain that we proposed was 60" deep, that means that the amount of rock (which was provided in bid) on top of the pipe would ultimately crush it if we used Corrugated Drain Pipe. I understand that you said two other company's bids were significantly lower, however, I seriously doubt that you are comparing apples to apples. The only reason, I say that is because from what we have seen over our 16 years in the business, most other companies do not use the same products. Good luck with your drainage system, please feel free to follow up with us in a few years to let us know how it's performing.

01/30/2017

Ron S.

Staff were very helpful. Blake explained the work in detail and provided brochures on what to do and expect before and the job was done. Shannon in the business office was very easy to work with on the financial end.

Description of Work
Foundation needed leveling.

Category foundation repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking time out of your day to post such kind words!! We really do appreciate it and thank you for trusting Abacus with your home!!!

12/16/2016

Tony B.

It went well. The inspection report showed that the house was slightly unlevel in spots (less than 1.5 inches throughout) but that nothing serious had to be done. Suggestions were given to prevent future settling and how to address possible problems. We received a thorough written report. We are going to have the foundation checked again in a few years to make sure things are still okay. I appreciate their honesty, professionalism, and that I didn't feel pressured.

Description of Work
We wanted out foundations assessed before we added a new roof and siding.

Category foundation repair

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed] for taking time out of your day to leave us a review! We really appreciate the kind words!!

09/26/2016

Chris Z.

very well. I got a detailed map of home showing layout of home and contour lines showing where homes foundation had settled and by how much The inspector sat down with me and explained what it all meant and gave me a few options on how to address foundation issues he found. I got a repair quote for the option I chose

Description of Work
foundation inspection

Category foundation repair

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!!! We appreciate you taking time to post a review.

07/28/2016

Colter M.

My experience with them was good but we did not do any business with them. They had provided us separate quotes for foundation work separate from drainage. There may have been one additional quote on there but I can't remember what the category was. The total was in excess of $20,000. The advantage was that they gave us a really detailed plan for the repairs, but the value of our home is not enough to pursue any of the options that they provided. The good thing is that they really do a very thorough inspection in order to provide the quotes that they do so if I were to be buying a new home and need a foundation inspection or any sort of inspection related to drainage then I would certainly call them above anyone else. But I can't pay the cost of the repairs out-of-pocket. To do better in the future they could maybe have more competitive pricing.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for foundation work and drainage correction. There was a drain pipe they were going to install for me.

06/15/2016

Jessica H.

Abacus was extremely professional and prompt. Our initial contact was Chris Gonzalez whom had come out and done and estimate and had everything ready, including demo videos on what to expect. The price was roughly $1,000 less than what others were quoting. Shannon handled all of the paperwork and she was funny and courteous; very easy to speak to and work with. All of our questions were answered. They scheduled us quickly, within two weeks after first contact. Emilio and his crew worked on our home and they were professional and hardworking. They took very good care of the property and kept us informed each step of the way.

Description of Work
Repaired cracked foundation

Category foundation repair

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so very much such kind words!! You were very easy to speak to and work with as well. We are very happy that you are so pleased with our company and our staff.

CARAWAY CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION

Need help with your concrete? Ready for a new driveway? We are a family-owned and operated company with over 40 years serving the DFW area. We are able to serve you for concrete pouring, stamped and decorative concrete, foundations and slabs, yard grading, drainage, retaining walls, and more. You will love our dedication to quality work - you will never get an inferior quality concrete product from us. Call now to schedule your estimate at the number above or 2145022757!

Advantage Drainage

What sets Advantage Drainage apart? We solely provide drain service and have made it our specialty for the last 37+ years. Drainage is an unregulated business, this means that anyone— landscapers, plumbers, or sprinkler companies— can put a pipe in the ground and call it drainage. This becomes risky for the consumer. However, Advantage Drainage customers throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, know that our drain solutions stand apart as time-tested and proven. A large percentage of our business consists of redoing drainage work attempted by landscapers and sprinkler companies. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by contacting our team of experts to do the job right the first time. Advantage Drainage solutions integrate multiple layers of protection to stop flooding now and in the future. We have the specialized tools and equipment to deal with North Texas soils. We can access hard to reach areas— below ground level, preconstruction sites, underneath landscapes or buildings— to stop basement flooding, standing water, blocked drainage, etc., at its source. Our combination of experience, ingenuity, and specialized training cannot be beat. Let Advantage Drainage help you today! Please provide your phone number and address in the message center for the fastest response. Thank you!

Davalos Masonry

Davalos Masonry is a Masonry Contractor located in Balch Springs, TX and has been established since 1955 with over 20 years of experience. We specialize in brick and stone masonry. We also offer brick stone, block clog stone, flat stone, commercial, and residential masonry services. For more information about the service, give us a call today! Brick and Stone Services Seagoville, TX Masonry Contractor, Masonry Service, Masonry Repair, Residential Masonry, Masonry Construction http://davalosmasonry.com/

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Excavating, foundation repair, drainage system, french drains, and plumbing.

We do not offer mud-jacking or new foundation installation.