Ellis Air Systems Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2010

3513 Florence Rd

Killeen, TX 76542

For over 30 years we have been the most innovative and sought after heating and air conditioning contractor in the area, professionally installing, servicing and repairing every brand of HVAC systems. We pride ourselves in giving the most affordable solutions without sacrificing quality. Give your new favorite A/C company a call today....

12/06/2020

Donna M.

Fantastic, best hearing/AC company in the area.

Description of Work
AC/Heat air purification system installed.

03/17/2020

Keva S.

Chris was awesome! He showed up early despite me no answering the courtesy call. He was very throughout in diagnosing a complex air conditioner issue that stemmed from a year prior. I ONLY call Ellis air as their prior tech Kenny had given insight to the issue before. Not only did Chris fix the unit, he saved me over 2,100 in replacement fees as we were 1 day to date of warranty expiration! I will never call another company for home. Thank you Chris Bailey and Thank you Ellis Air❤

Description of Work
Air Compressor

08/18/2018

Cindy L.

I called late in the day in the August heat. They arrived same day. The problem was identified, they had the part replaced and the unit cooling again in no time. The team was kind and professional. I have a new favorite HVAC repair shop! Major thanks

Description of Work
A/C repair

11/09/2017

Erin T.

He arrived as soon as possible, worked quickly and efficiently. He also spoke to my husband to let him know everything he was doing. He made sure we were happy with the service before leaving.

Description of Work
Emergency call out for AC

10/03/2017

Brian S.

The guys were prompt, efficient and courteous - however a month later the unit again had problems. The previous repair team apparently forgot to replace the filter which caused the unit to go out. The 2nd visit was of course charged to me without discount. I understand mistakes happen, and usually this company comes highly recommended - however I think they are charging a little higher than their performance warrants - at least in this situation.

Description of Work
AC unit went out - the repair guys came and repaired the fan motor.

09/21/2017

Michael R.

Technician was extremely knowledgeable and located the problem rapidly, repaired and ran a full test on the unit. Explained everything he was doing, which was very helpful.

Description of Work
AC unit malfunctioning

09/21/2017

Michael R.

Excellent technician. Thorough diagnostic, quick repair.

Description of Work
AC stopped working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your business Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for choosing Ellis Air Systems!

09/19/2017

Chuck M.

Made an appt for after work. They called me around 1 but I rescheduled for after work again. They called around 2:30 to make sure I was home. Chris arrived at 2:45. Introduced himself and got right to it. 10 minutes later he explained the problem. The motor bracket was broken due to excessive vibration caused by the fan coming apart. He had to replace the motor and found a fan in his spare parts. Didn't charge me for the fan. He checked the rest of the system after reinstalling the new motor. Took him a total of around 2 hours for everything. Great job. I'm cooling it again. Thanks Chris.

Description of Work
Air conditioner inside fan quit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much! We will give Chris your praise and we very much appreciate your business!

08/08/2017

Felix V.

Their customer service stood out. They know what they are doing and they have excellent customer service without a doubt. They were here the next time and they were on time. They cleaned up after themselves, they did everything.

Description of Work
Purchase and install new heating and air conditioning unit.

07/11/2017

Rhonda S.

Excellent service, priced right, highly reliable.

Description of Work
Ellis Air Systems installed a new air conditioning system, insulation, and new duct work. They provided excellent service, kept us informed and the price was very reasonable. We continue to have Ellis provide pre-season service. Ellis Air Systems is professional, reliable, honest, and they provide great service. We highly recommend Ellis Air Systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

05/20/2017

Jerome B.

They did a real good job. It only took one day to install.

Description of Work
They changed out my air conditioning. They put in a whole new unit.

04/11/2017

Victor F.

They were very prompt, courteous and professional. They went above and beyond and explained everything they were doing. The whole experience was smooth and it is obvious that the people in this company like what they do. I will call them again in the future.

Description of Work
Complete installation for a 3 ton 15 seer Lifetime R410a system and total system seal.

03/16/2017

Patricia G.

Excellent. They knew right away what the problem was, and promptly gave me an estimate, and finished the repair the same day. I have not had problems with the A/C since, and previously with another company the noise had come back the same day or day after.

Description of Work
My A/C was making noise that it had been making for several months, so I had them come out to check them out. They have a good rating from the BBB.

02/28/2017

Bonnie S.

He came on the same day and I did not have to wait at all. i have used this company 3 or 4 different times and each experience has been great I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Fire Ants had gotten into my conductor inside of my air conditioning unit. They replaced it and got rid of the ants. He did a good job and I thought it was worth the amount that I paid.

02/24/2017

Rebecca P.

It went excellent, I use them all the time.

Description of Work
They did a spring check up for me as part of a deal that I have where they come out in the spring and in the fall to do checkups, the "cool club."

02/15/2017

steve C.

Chris and David came out for my original request to determine why my unit kept on blowing fuses. While at the house, I asked if they could check out my other attic unit which was pooling water. These guys were very courteous, and took the time to show me what was going on with both units. A couple days later when the needed part came in, they came back out and made the install and made sure the short was also taken care of at no extra charge. These guys are an asset to their company and it is obvious that they like what they do. I would definitely call them again in the future.

Description of Work
Change out drain pan and determine cause of a short in system.

01/30/2017

Daniel G.

They did a good job. Everything is working good and they were efficient with their time and on time.

Description of Work
Installed a condenser, duct clean, installed air handler unit

09/17/2016

Michael F.

Not good!!!I use to have the up most respect for this company. But lately something has changed. Case and point I called Ellis out to come fix my A/C. Well go back to the original call on 3 Aug. I was told by Jason that the Tech would be at my appt between 8-11on the 4th.I had also told him that I needed the vent duscts in 2 rooms opened because they are hotter han rest of house. This is after a previous visit in may to check the system befor summer.I was told to tell the tech when he got here. I called at 1130 because i hadnt heard anything. I was then told by Jason that it would be till after 1-1:30. I called again at 3:30 asking again because I now had been waiting all day for them. So this time I was told that he will be sending the very next Technitian my way. So at around 4:15 they call and say they are about 15 mins away. Everything was ok to this point. He checked the freon level and checked the draw on the compressor the proceded inside my home to the inside portion. I had told him about the vents and was told that they are blowing fine it just wasnt cool because of the other issue. He looked then replaced a ceramic breaker looking thing because he said that was the problem. It wasnt.He pulled wires checked voltage for about an hour. He finally figured out that it was the board.and reversed the other thing. I was then told he didnt have the part and would be told in the AM the price of the part. Well at some point throughout the night something had happend to something he did and my whole house smelt like burnt plastic because something had shorted out and burnt a hole all the way through the board charred black. SO my wife called me to tell me what had been causing the house to stink. So I went home and saw the damaged part. I flipped out and e-mailed Ellis. At this point I was mad but not as mad as I am now. So apparently the technition had replaced the board as well as the transformer because it had been shorted out as well. Ellis tried their best to remedy the situation by sending someone else out to my house to double check everything from the previous tech and to give them a chance to remedy the situation. S at this point I thought everything is good. The new tech came double checked everything, he opened the vents for those 2 rooms that I had asked about earlier. SO i called Ellis again and thanked them for fixing the situation or so I thought. SO aparently they charge a service call which I have no problem with to troubleshoot the problem and they charge another service call to replace the part that was diagnosed by them. So I called because I got 2 bills. One for the service call to replace the board and transformer that went bad because of their Technician screwed up. And another for them to replace the part that was previously billed a service call already for. So on the original bill the transformer wasnt billed we recieved a Military Discount that we were told by the original tech we couldnt get.and I guess for the mess up they credited $50 for inconvenience or so I thought then on the 11th I was billed another Service call and was told it was for the tecnition coming back out to replace the part. SO I called again and spoke with them and what does he do. He throws the replaced transformer and the Military Discount in my face like he did me a favor by replacing it. He then told me because I was furious then the he would take care of the 2nd Service call but they werent going to service my house again. I said did you just threaten me y saying you will take care of the 2nd bill but not to call them back. He back pedaled. I then requested to speak with Mr. Ellis but was told it wouldnt be until the AM. Ill be waiting for that phone call. I believe that the 2nd bill was because they lost money on our call and wanted to recoup their losses. As i had stated in the begining of this message I had been a loyal customer until now. SO if this helps you to make an educated choice, I am glad. If not I hope you have a better experience than we did.Once again I get bit by your Tech’s incompetence . You had 3 different Techs come look at my system and NOT one of them checked the drain. So now I have water saturated carpet by the unit You are supposed to be a reputable company that we customers are supposed to be able to depend on. This is getting a little ridiculous. You want to bill me twice for the same visit. Then Mario wants to hold the transformer that burned up when your first tech screwed up over my head. Then to be told that by Mario that he would take off the 2nd visit which hasn’t happened yet I just got a new bill from you last week. Then he has the audacity to tell me not to call Ellis to service my system anymore. Well after all of this are you kidding me. WTF would I call you again anyways after issue after issue that stems from the first service call back in May. I also asked to speak with Mr. Ellis and was told I would have to wait until the next morning since he was gone for the day. I am still waiting for that call!!!!!

Description of Work
A/C wasnt cooling

08/06/2016

Margaret G.

Bartt was very courteous and showed me exactly what was wrong. How to fix it and keep it from happening again. Also gave me tips to keep my unit running smoothly.

Description of Work
My Air conditioner stopped working on a day when the temps were over 100. I called late in the day and they came out the next morning.

04/16/2016

Robert B.

I had 3 estimates and Ellis was the best choice on price and had great ratings on quality of work. The person that did the estimate did a very thorough job. Gave various options, that I asked for, and explained what benefits each option had. They came to install on the day and time they gave me. Finished downstairs unit the first day and the upstairs unit the second day. Their work was excellent and they cleaned up completely after themselves. The workers were very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them for all future maintenance.

Description of Work
Replace 2 AC/Furnace units that were 22 years old.

08/28/2015

Tampa T.

I called them when it was taking too long for my home warranty company to repair my outside central air conditioner unit. I called them the day before, they sent someone out the next afternoon and replaced the unit the same day.

Description of Work
Replaced outside air conditioner unit

08/05/2015

Rebecca C.

I called the night before and left a message for Ellis Air & first thing this morning I got a return phone call asking how they could help. I explained that the ac unit was blowing nothing but hot air & that I have water leaking from the roof in my kitchen. The technician called about 10-15 minutes before he arrived & said he was on his way, I was pleased to hear the confirmation of him arriving. When he rang our bell, he immediately identified himself as Chris from Ellis Air & he immediately went to work, asking where each of the components were, the unit being upstairs in the attic being the last place to check for issues, ultimately that's where the problem was. He was prompt, professional, understanding & responsive in servicing our needs & getting our ac running like it's suppose to be. I am so thankful for the kindness & absolutely amazed at the cost of the diagnostic & repairs. I will most definitely be recommending Ellis Air Systems to all my family & friends who live in my area. Thank you Chris T.!!

Description of Work
Serviced our air conditioning unit.

07/14/2015

Rhonda S.

I was kept up to date by Chris who worked with us to make sure we were very happy. Ellis Air Systems went over and above to provide the new system at a good price. The level of service was remarkable and greatly appreciated. We highly recommend Ellis Air Systems. They do what they say they will do and when they say they will do it.

Description of Work
Replaced duct work, added 8" insulation, installed complete system

06/01/2015

Shirley D.

I filled out online form and within 2 hours, Ellis Air called me and were able to come out the next morning. Lane called me before coming and got here at the time he stated. He was in a uniform, in a company van and was clean and presentable. I appreciate a company that has uniforms and company logo vans or trucks because it shows a level of care and professionalism. He quickly ascertained the problem, explained it to me, advised of the cost and got to work! He completed the repairs and my unit was up and working in no time! I would definitely use them again and recommend them to all my neighbors!

Description of Work
Replace fan and perform maintenance on 2 units.

05/19/2015

david A.

Same day service! I had my tenant call me in the morning about the AC not working, I checked the previous reviews and as it turns out, they do have customer service and do not try to over sell you anything that you don't need. Will do business with them next time I have a need.

Description of Work
He was able to diagnose a leak on the AC system due to high voltage cable and repaired it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Alta Vista Plumbing Services, LLC.

Our lead plumbers have 20+ years of experience in the field and we offer the expertise you want when it comes to hiring a plumber. Not only do we have the skills to diagnose and repair common plumbing problems quickly, we also perform complex plumbing projects, including new construction for large-scale jobs as well as repiping.

Fix It Services

I am delighted to present to you the Fix It Services Profile. Fix It Services is built on a foundation of core values that are shared across each and every member of our team. We understand the most important items in our industry are safety, time, cost, and quality, while protecting our environment. With this in mind Fix It Services collaborates with our clients from project inception, to deliver the best possible outcome. We are driven to achieving a legacy through a synergized approach, based on integrity and satisfaction, building unsurpassed relationships, creating innovative, sustainable Plumbing work. We look forward to working with you on your next project small or big.

Wayne Hyde Plumbing

Wayne Hyde Plumbing has become a staple of professionalism and quality work in Bell County for years. With decades of experience, there is no job too small or too complex for our crew. Whether you are looking for a brand-new water-heater or just a simple leaky faucet, we have got you covered! Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm for scheduling and info Call us today for help! 254-410-4416

Blow-In AttiCat Insulation, Air Duct Cleaning, Air Quality Check. Residential- Installation, Service, Repair