Katy Carpets Etc.

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2013

2020 S. Fry Rd. suite F

Katy, TX 77450

Katy Carpets Etc. is a true family owned full service flooring company. We take pride in the quality of our installation and products. Our showroom is full of both contemporary and classic flooring. We are always happy to provide free estimates and design advice if needed....

11/28/2018

Brittny B.

It went great! Super easy from begining to end. Glen was very helpful and fast!

Description of Work
Carpet replacement

12/30/2017

Joseph B.

It went phenomenally well! This company is top-notch and I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
We had all of the carpet place in our entire house.

11/27/2017

Patricia L.

Went well, until it was discovered that the second closet needed new carpeting as well. Some miscommunication occurred, which was quickly handled and explained.

Description of Work
Replaced both carpets in our master bedroom closets.

11/13/2017

Norman R.

Though I did not use the service, due to a promise made to another company their price and service were considered the best.

Description of Work
Quote for carpet

11/07/2017

Gordon W.

Katy Carpets Etc. did an excellent job! The overall quality of the flooring and installation was outstanding. The installers showed up on time and finished the job on time.

Description of Work
Carpet and engineered hardwood flooring install

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

09/07/2017

Danielle M.

Glen was amazingly responsive. I called two days after hurricane Harvey and They were there to measure within a couple of hours. Works was done quickly soon after and the workers were professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Needed arpet replaced due to water penetration

09/03/2017

Mark A.

Everything went as planned

Description of Work
1. Dry out and dehumidify house after flood 2. Replace carpet

03/21/2017

Drew M.

Went great! Glen was very attentive to our needs while selecting the product which arrived sooner than expected which allowed us to have the installation one week earlier than originally scheduled. He also was friendly, knowledgeable and professional during the bid process and through out the completion of the job. This included bringing in dehumidifiers after the floor was floated to ensure proper drying before installation of the wood. The work crew led by Jesus did an outstanding job. They stayed ahead of the planned schedule while doing high quality work on both the wood floor installation and fireplace renovation. They gladly helped move the large furniture and were very attentive to any questions we had. We would not hesitate to have Katy Carpets do work for us in the future.

Description of Work
Removed carpet and hardwood and installed 820 sq ft of Engineered Hardwood. Removed tile around face of fireplace and replaced with 2x3" travertine.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling

10/10/2016

Joanne & Robert W.

It went well, even though the job had to be split into 2 days over a period of 4 days in all to install.

Description of Work
New carpeting

03/18/2016

R. S.

From the very first Katy Carpets were helpful, professional and prompt. In less than two weeks I had the carpet bought, measured and installed. They worked with my schedule and completed the job in one day. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to replace carpet.

Description of Work
Re-carpeted the complete second floor.

03/09/2016

Lisa B.

Everything went so well. I selected the hardwood on a Friday, and the crew showed up the following Monday. My husband and I opted to move all the room contents ourselves...because we are picky. The crew was so polite, pleasant, and punctual. They cleaned up their work areas daily. Glen (owner) stopped in daily to check on the progress. I would highly recommend this company. I got 2 other estimates and Katy Carpets was the most affordable.

Description of Work
The contract was to remove carpet from 3 bedrooms and install engineered hardwood.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/11/2016

Karen N.

I would contact them for services in the future that they may handle.

Description of Work
I sought an estimate from provider. The provider did not offer the service, but rather than simply telling me that, they provided a provider on Angie's List that does do the service.

06/30/2015

james Z.

Description of Work
Removed old carpeting and installed approx 900 sq ft of new carpet on stairs and upstairs bedrooms. The job went well. There were some minor scuff marks on one wall but it was easily repainted.

06/18/2015

RANDALL P.

We were very satisfied with the work and all our dealings with Katy Carpet. It looks wonderful and the workers were so careful and very good at what they do. We plan to use them again for the rest of the house due to their professionalism and friendly attitude.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in 6 rooms in upstairs area, removed squeaky sounds from floorboards.

05/27/2015

RICHARD S.

went well completed same day

Description of Work
new carpet/installation

05/19/2015

Rene G.

Angel and Glen- I am so sorry for the review I posted. I thought I was posting on Katy Tile. Please accept my apologies.

Description of Work
n/a

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

We do not have record of this customer at all or have any invoices in our records with this address or name. Please contact us immediately. If we did not this work we will absolutely stand behind our workmanship. We are a Family owned and operated business that prides ourselves on our professional, highly craftsman installers and the owner Glen Baney personally visits every house to inspect and keep things above average. Please give us a call at 281-647-8100.

04/17/2015

Paul S.

Category hardwood floor

[Member name removed], It was our pleasure doing business with you. Thank you for allowing us to earn your business. Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience with your friends and Angie's List.

01/23/2015

Alexis G.

My main likes were that they are a husband and wife team and it is a smaller company, but they were very knowledgeable, very professional, very helpful, just really great customer experience, and then they had a really good product.

Description of Work
We did hardwood and carpet with Katy Carpets Etc. They replaced our carpet and hardwood.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

Hi [Member name removed], It was so nice of you to share this with your friends. Thank you for supporting us and small businesses in Katy. We want all our customers to be happy and it is nice to hear that we have succeeded. I hope you are enjoying your new floor. Please let us know if we can do anything to earn your business in the future!

06/10/2014

Brittany I.

They ordered the carpet when I bought it but due to factory issues it came in over 2 weeks late. The installers were awesome. They came out on time and stayed until the job was finished. They even let my 3 year old watch and learn.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed new carpets in 4 rooms and a hallway over tile.

05/14/2014

Dan M.

Excellent work. Price was best I could find. Communication was great! Glen and his crew were timely. They moved and replaced all the furniture and hauled off debris every day. Done in 3 days. I was very comfortable giving Glen the keys to my house.

Description of Work
Removed carpet and hardwood floor. Preped and floated the slab, then layed ceramic tile in the study, dining room, entryway and very large living/tv/fireplace room. Replaced trim and sealed the tile.

11/05/2013

Caroline L.

Glen and his team were fantastic. It took longer than expected, but the floors came out looking incredible! Glen came daily to check the progress personally. The guys he had working for him were professional, courteous, and very experienced. I was impressed with the whole process.

Description of Work
Katy Carpets floated the floor, put down tile that looked like wood, transition tile, and grout.

Category ceramic tile

11/01/2013

Anne S.

I dropped by Katy Carpets, ETC and talked with the owner, Glen Baney. I wanted him to show me some samples of Bella Cera engineered wood and some tile samples. I had explained what I wanted done but told him I was having the interior of my house painted. He showed me some samples and then told me to call back when the painters were close to finishing. He said he would then come out, bring some samples, and give me an estimate. I called him later and he came out with several samples of the Bella Cera wood and Mohawk tiles. I chose the Mohawk Mirador Cameo 20" tile in a beige for my entryway and hallway. I went with Bella Cera Southern Traditions Verona Arezzo for my dining room, living room, and bedroom floors. We decided on a date when his crew would come out and get started. Jonathan and Mario came on September 25th and completed the work on the 30th. Jonathan's dad also helped out on some days. They removed the wood flooring in the dining room and carpet from the rest of the areas. They floated as needed then installed the wood with adhesive and stained trim. They installed the tile with two diagonal transitions to my already tiled bathroom and utility room. I wanted my window sills on either side of my front door tiled too since they are my dogs favorite spot to watch outside activity! They took care of my request. The men let me know when they would arrive each day. They were polite, very hard working, and always professional. Glen checked on the progress of the work and even added the sealant to the grout after the tiles were installed. I am very pleased with my beautiful floors and will use Katy Carpets in the future. My dogs love their tiled window sills!

Description of Work
installed Bella Cera wood flooring and Mohawk tile

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, hardwood floor

09/14/2013

Catherine P.

Katy Carpets did a wonderful job with our new floors. They were prompt, neat, courteous and extremely professional. We shopped around and found them to be informative, patient (as I asked LOTS of questions) fair and competitive. They allowed me to bring many different samples to my home and "sit" with them for as long as I needed. We will definitely use them again and wholeheartedly recommend them for any flooring project.

Description of Work
Katy Carpets removed old carpet, padding and tile and replaced it with hardwoods in our entry, living, dining and office areas.

Category hardwood floor

08/20/2013

Patricia M.

They came in and had to remove wood flooring that had just been laid down in late May early June, 2013. Removed all old float, wood and re-floated floor. Installed wood floors along with trim. They moved all furniture and replaced it when completed. Took 2-days to remove and replace floor. Used two-man crew which were unbelievably efficient, and clearly worked as a team over a long period of time. One reason I originally went with Katy Carpets is because they have set crews full-time, and don't tend to have 'day labor'. Which provides for working as a team, and the experience and craftsmanship necessary for wood installation.

Description of Work
my water heater leaked on the new wood floor, so had to replace approximately 480 square feet. Glen and his team were able to patch the floor since he found wood from the same dye lot. Which was very helpful versus having to replace the entire floor - 1,300 sq feet.

06/16/2013

Patricia M.

Excellent. Glen and his team were very professional clean and knew what they were doing. They came in and removed existing carpet and tile removed all furniture wrapped and covered things well with plastic. Very meticulous - looks great. Even better than I expected. The owner Glen was attentive and came by frequently. Also he has his own team that he's worked with for years - not daily workers. Makes a big difference.

Description of Work
Replace 1400 sq. feet carpet with hardwood.

Elite Emergency Solutions

Elite Emergency Solutions provides 24/7, 365 days a year water and smoke restoration services for your house or commercial building. We have a 1 hr response time and there is no charge for us to come to your residence and give a evaluation of the damage and what needs to been done to take care of it. Additional email - info@eliteemergencysolutions.com. www.elitefirewaterdamage.com

Eldridge Roofing & Restoration, Inc.

Eldridge Roofing & Restoration, Inc. is family owned and operated. We are a BBB Accredited Business with many certifications, such as GAF Master Elite Contractor, HAAG Certified, IICRC Certified (Master Water, Fire, and Textile Restorer). We are members of multiple associations, including RCAT (Roofing Contractors Association of Texas) and Chamber of Commerce. We also hold a Real Estate Broker/Agents Licenses. We believe 110% in "People Before Profit."

Resto Medic

Resto Medic provides 24/7 emergency restoration and mitigation services in the wake of a water loss, flood, sewer, fire, mold, and other disasters. We pride ourselves on excellent service with rapid response times. With licensed adjusters on staff to assist with your claims, we provide a comprehensive solution to the entire material damage process. Locally owned and operated in Tomball Texas, Resto Medic offers a 10% discount to all military, first responders, and teachers.

Offers by Resto Medic on Angi

Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Katy Carpets Etc.

How is Katy Carpets Etc. overall rated?

Katy Carpets Etc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Katy Carpets Etc. open?

Katy Carpets Etc. is open:

What payment options does Katy Carpets Etc. provide

Katy Carpets Etc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Does Katy Carpets Etc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Katy Carpets Etc. offers free project estimates.

Does Katy Carpets Etc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Katy Carpets Etc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Katy Carpets Etc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Katy Carpets Etc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Katy Carpets Etc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Katy Carpets Etc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Katy Carpets Etc.?

Yes, Katy Carpets Etc. offers warranties.

What services does Katy Carpets Etc. offer?

Katy Carpets Etc. offers the following services: Sales and installation of new flooring and countertops. Complete kitchen and bath remodeling.