Colony Roofing & Exteriors

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2006

WHAT SETS US APART – SALESMAN VS. EXPERT - At Colony Roofing & Exteriors you don’t work with a salesman- you work with an expert! We can answer any question you have, whether it's about roofing, energy-saving radiant barrier, siding, windows, exterior painting or gutters. Steve Furber, the owner,

GAF Preferred Contractor BadgeA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

roofing (212)siding companies (27)house painting (23)gutter repair (19)general contractors (12)roof cleaning (10)woodworking (9)interior painting (5)window replacement (5)decks & porches (3)water damage restoration (2)door installation (1)

08/24/2022

L.P. J.

Arrived early. Job was completed in one day. Clean up was excellent. Very professional job. Would recommend to anyone. Best I have seen. The house is on West Beach Galveston so an inspector came to file a report for the Texas Windstorm future coverage. He stated during the conversation that it was the best job he has seen

Description of Work
Roof Replacement and small area of siding replaced

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

Review for Colony Roofing & Exteriors - 22503 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX - 39847356

05/01/2022

ANDREW S.

We are extremely satisfied with the roofing service provided by Colony Roofing. Everything was done professionally and transparently, every step of the way including a minor follow-up visit. This firm is highly recommended! You won't regret using them.

Description of Work
Re-roof with asphalt composition shingles

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

10/30/2021

Paul H.

very well. They performed the job in 2 days

Description of Work
reroof house

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

09/03/2021

Ralph C.

Fantastic. Working with Colony Roofing is very straitforward. They checked work each day. Installation crew was great. Worked each day until that day's work was sealed from rain. Cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
Replace exterior siding with hardiplank and paint.

Category contractors, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

Review for Colony Roofing & Exteriors - 22503 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX - 39463938

08/06/2021

Hewitt B.

All work was completed to my satisfaction and as described in the written agreement. Price quoted was reasonable and all materials and workers arrived right on time. It was a pleasure dealing with professionals. I wouldn't hesitate to use Colony Roofing again.

Description of Work
Replaced all existing shingles

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

06/07/2021

Don K.

I got four quotes to replace my roof and Colony wasn't the highest or the lowest, but I picked them because of their long history of quality work. They are BBB accredited and the team they sent out to replace my roof was both knowledgeable and efficient. They split up and each one knew their job and they got after it. Both Steve and his son stopped by during the day and provided updates on how things were going. I had to admire their dedication as they worked until 9PM and finished up by flashlight, but got the job done in one day. After my inspection the next day in the daylight I can tell they did a quality job. Very happy!

Description of Work
Replaced roof and some decking

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

Mr. Koloa, Thakn you for you excellent review. I will pass your kind words along to the crew members. Thank you for the work. It has been a pleasure working with you

05/13/2021

Christopher N.

Colony Roofing & Exteriors was the first company to respond to my inquiry, and was available to provide an estimate the next day. The price was very reasonable. It took a while for the windows to be manufactured (not the fault of Colony), but as soon as they were ready the installation was scheduled. The windows were delivered the day before the installation, and a 4-man crew performed the installation. This was an extremely skilled crew, and they finished the entire job in less than a day. They did a great job of keeping my house as clean as possible throughout the process. I'm very happy with the entire project, and will keep Colony's number handy for future work.

Description of Work
Replaced 11 windows (7 upstairs & 4 downstairs)

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/24/2021

We appreciate the excellent review. Your house looks great with the new windows! We appreciate your business! - Steve Furber

04/10/2021

John H.

We have a 2 story house with a detached garage. Colony Roofing did a great job installing our new roof. It took two days. The materials were delivered the day before. Everyone in the crew had a job and each knew what they were doing. Once they got here, everyone go to work doing their job and the roof was installed efficiently. Steven was in and out several times though the job and had been communicative through the whole process. The price quoted had included both the GAF Silver Pledge Warranty (10 year workmanship) and the City of Sugar Land Permit (which Steven got for us). Overall, we are very happy with our new roof.

Description of Work
New roof for 2 story with detached garage.

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

Mr.[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your excellent review. It has been a pleasure working with you. Steve Furber

03/15/2021

Tina H.

Colony Roofing & Exterior did a great job putting a new roof on our one story house. Steven was patient in answering all of our questions and concerns (a new roof is a big expenditure after all) and provided us with suggestions on the best course of action based on his experience and the particulars of our house. Their pricing was competitive. The crew was on time and efficient – they covered all the surrounding lawn, shrubs, and A/C unit with tarp and when necessary they also covered windows with plywood. Afterwards, trash was picked up and nails were cleaned up with a magnetic roller. Steven was in and out multiple times during the whole process and was able to answer any questions we had. They finished installing the new roof in one day. And Steven did a final walk through with us. And because Colony Roofing & Exterior is a GAF Master Elite contractor, we automatically got the Silver Pledge Warranty (included in the price of the quote, so at no extra cost to us and filed by Colony Roofing on our behalf) – this means there’s a 10 year workmanship warranty that comes with the new roof, which definitely puts our minds at ease. We would definitely recommend Colony Roofing to our friends & family (in fact, Steven will be installing a new roof for my parents as well).

Description of Work
Installation of new roof

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

Thank you very much for the outstanding review. We appreciate it! We always aim for our customers to be 100% satisfied. Thank you, too, for recommending us to family and friends. We truly appreciate your business! Steven Furber, Jr.

02/13/2021

Susan A.

The supplies and workers arrived ahead of schedule, worked non-stop and did an outstanding job! I have had several roofs put on this house and this is the best job done and best company to perform the work EVER! I will definitely recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to give us this excellent review. If you are ever in need of other construction related services, don't hesitate to call me.

11/13/2020

Glenn O.

It went well. I did add some extra work on them as I determined some of the original plan didn't look right and as I gained confidence that they knew what they were doing. Frankly, every time I step out of my house and see the new siding, I get that good feeling of money well spent. No complaints here.

Description of Work
I had sidings, fascia and soffits, They painted the siding and exterior portions of my front door and shutters.

Category siding

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you very much for the excellent review and thank you for your confidence in us. We appreciate your business. Steve Furber

10/04/2020

Jim D.

The Colony Roofing team completed the work in a timely manner with professional craftmanship and attention to detail. I have recommend them to friends and would use them again.

Description of Work
New roof and exterior paint with repairs to soffit, facia and siding

Category roofing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

Thank you for the excellent review. You have a beautiful home and we were honored to be of service! It has been a pleasure doing business with you! Steve

09/17/2020

Marlowe W.

Replace shingle roof and patio cover due to hail damage

Description of Work
The work was completed in 1 1/2 days for the shingle roof. The metal patio roof was replaced a week later. We had the patio frame painted. Both roofs look great. Steve Furber kept us informed during the job, and the entire team were very professional. They cleaned up all nails and covered the pool to insure nothing fell in. Colony Roofing handled all the insurance paperwork

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. Our goal is for every customer to be 100% satisfied. It has been a pleasure working with you. Steve Furber

08/25/2020

Duncan C.

I enjoyed my experience dealing with Colony Roofing. Steven was prompt, explained every aspect of the process, and dropped by and called multiple times during the replacement. The crew performing the removal and replacement were very professional, efficient, and mindful of the yard and plants. I highly recommend Colony Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! It has been a pleasure doing business with you! If you are ever in need new windows, siding, or exterior painting you can expect the same outstanding results. Steve Furber

07/12/2020

Davis C.

Great, Steve Furber, the company president was really great to work with. The work was performed in a timely and professional manner and I am well pleased with the windows we purchased and had installed.

Description of Work
Remove and replace 15 windows with Don Young "Sunshield" single hung double pane, low E glass, argon gas

Category contractors, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

Review for Colony Roofing & Exteriors - 22503 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX - 38712167

Mr. Conklin, Thank you for your excellent review. It has been a pleasure working with you. I will pass along your favorable response to the crew. Regards, Steve Furber Colony Roofing and Exteriors

06/22/2020

Peter M.

Our experience using Colony Roofing and Siding LP has been outstanding. We are 100% satisfied with the service and product and would recommend them to others who are looking for residential replacement siding. Our initial call was answered immediately and owner Steve Furber met us within the hour. He described his experience, company information, shared references and answered all of our questions. We were pleased with the information he shared and his recommendations and felt comfortable with him. We purchased James Harding Siding and had all exterior siding removed and replace with new including the soffit and fascia. The bid was fair and included painting and new gutters. The installation team worked diligently and did a professional job of removing the old siding, installing the new siding and cleaning-up with Steve’s oversight and direction. The entire job took approximately two weeks. A post-completion walk- around was conducted to ensure we were satisfied.

Description of Work
Replacement siding

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Review for Colony Roofing & Exteriors - 22503 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX - 38661559

Thank you for your outstanding review. We very much appreciate your kind words. At Colony Roofing we are dedicated to seeing that all of our customers are 100% satisfied. Of course this wouldn’t be possible without the hard work of our siding and roofing crews. I will certainly pass your comments along to Felipe and the rest of the guys. Regards, Steve

04/29/2020

W M M.

Excellent customer service and workmanship. Crews were quick and kept are areas clean. Class act and takes care of repeat customers

Description of Work
Whole house roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

Thank you for the excellent review. We also appreciate your repeat business. Thank you for your confidence in our work. It is always a pleasure working with you. Steven Furber

02/06/2020

SHERI G.

This was my second time to utilize Colony Roofing to replace my roof. First roof was years ago and when second roof job was needed, I pulled out my paperwork to contact them again. It's nice to have trustworthy provider who does quality work and who is dependable . The roof was done in one day. The crew was on time and finished all in the day. Clean-up was incredible. i didn't find any remnants in the yard after they finished. Nice working with such reliable, quality company.

Description of Work
Remove existing roof and replace with new roof

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Thank you for taking time to review our company. We very much appreciate your kind response. It was a pleasure working with you.

11/16/2019

Scott C.

Colony Roofing did a superb job. The price, service, responsiveness, professionalism were all excellent. Would defiantly hire again and recommend to friends and co-workers.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

Thank you so much for the excellent review and your referrals. It was a pleasure doing business with yo.

09/28/2019

D. D.

The workers took care not to damage my plants and were great on cleanup. After about a week of staring at my roof I noticed a shingle that looked like it didn't lay right. Mr. Furber promptly sent a couple of his workers over to make it right. I thought my roof looked good before now it looks great.The foreman, Enrique was wonderful along with his crew. We did our research, interviewed multiple companies and after narrowing it down to two, we choose Colony Roofing. They also replaced some rotten trim that was under the flashing while doing the roof. They completed the work in a day and a half. Quality work at a great price as far as I'm concerned.

Description of Work
20 year old roof. It was time to get it replaced.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate your business! Steve Furber

08/06/2019

Jeff J.

on schedule, very professional, no language issues. Job done 100%

Description of Work
Complete new roof

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure working with you. Steve

07/14/2019

John W.

Chose Colony Roofing based on Angie’s List reviews and reviews posted in my subdivision. Work performed on time and in a professional manner. These are good people to work with. They explain the options and let you decide. No hard selling. Everything is transparent and up front. No money paid until work completed to your satisfaction. It was a very good experience with no issues, and I’m completely satisfied. Wouldn’t use anyone else now. Also had my house painted by their paint crew and it was done perfectly with no problems. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof replacement Exterior painting

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your excellent review. It's been a pleasure working with you. Steve

07/01/2019

CHARLES C.

As usual, Colony Roofing did a great job and stuck to their schedule. Steve has always done exactly what he promises and follows through to make sure it is done right. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an unsolicited refund check when I accidentally overpaid them.

Description of Work
Replace exterior wall with Hardi siding, paint exterior

Category siding, woodworking, house painters