Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Dallas Ft Worth

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2012

Homeowners with clogged dryer vents typically experience longer drying cycles resulting in $18-$24 more per month in energy costs. Additionally, over 15,000 dryer fires occur each year, with failure to clean being the leading factor. The trained professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard specialize in

dryer vent cleaning (168)appliance repair (19)air duct cleaning (12)roofing (4)

08/22/2022

Jason L.

They're great, professional, on time, and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They analyze the blockage.

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

08/15/2022

jason L.

Professional, on time and friendly. Took the time to walk me through repair options. Would recommend. And will use again

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

07/10/2020

Dyann W.

Called the day before service and Charles gave me a price I asked him why his price was higher than all the others. He explained to me all that he does that’s more than the others do. I went ahead and went with him. He seemed to give me attitude when I told him I didn’t want the new vent for an additional $250. He cleaned the vent then got on the roof for a couple minutes and checked the vent. He asked me to read him the card number to charge me. When he gave me the receipt it was $14 over what he had quoted me. I questioned it so he told me he would refund it back to the card. He only refunded part of it. I didn’t notice before he left or I would have questioned this but part of what he claimed was part of the cleaning was going in the attic and checking the vent. He never even opened my attic door.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaned

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

05/03/2020

Pamela M.

The service was great, professional and would hire again.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleanede

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

06/05/2019

Steven G.

Very well. Charles did a good job of explaining the work to be done, then the results. In particular, he noted a couple of items regarding the vent pipe installation that were not as they should be, but were workable, and provided several telltale signs of potential problems to be on the lookout for. He also made specific recommendations regarding follow-up cleaning activities and associated intervals based on our family size and dryer usage.

Description of Work
Cleaning of our dryer vent pipe (- @ 25 ft long)

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

06/18/2018

Judith H.

I bought a new place, and a brand new, state of the art washer and dryer from Lowes. I'd read about the dangers of cheap dryer vent hoses, so I bought a more expensive, all metal vent hose, but when the machines were delivered, Lowes had included the cheap flexible hose they usually install. When I protested, the installation guys (who were very nice guys) said it was what they always use, and they gave me a credit for the difference and installed the cheap hose, which was all they had on the truck. However, in less than a week I began getting a "flow sense error" message when I ran the dryer. I Googled that and learned it meant the dryer was not properly vented, so I Googled how to resolve that issue and found Dryer Vent Wizard. There were NO negative reviews, and after having Charles come out and troubleshoot the problem, I can see why. He was terrific! My dryer is not on an outside wall, which means the vent runs through my house, so he started by checking out the exterior vent. He told me the code has changed, which means if a new vent were installed today, it would be a slightly different one, but he also said there was no danger from the vent I have and therefore no need to spend the money to change it out at this time. He said it was definitely necessary to replace the flexible hose installed by Lowes with an all metal product, after which he would test the airflow to see if the vent needed to be cleaned, and if it did, that would be an additional charge. He provided specifics on what it would cost every step of the way. He pointed out a mysterious soffit in the ceiling in the corner of the laundry area and said he would guess the vent does a couple of turns inside that soffit, but there was no way to check that without going through the sheetrock. After replacing the cheap flexible hose installed by Lowe's, the airflow was still blocked, so I told him to go ahead and clean the vent. He did that from both ends, and it took a while, but after he did that my airflow was decent. Not 100%, but good enough for my dryer to run safely and efficiently. I paid a total of $252, including a $39 trip charge, and to me it was worth every penny. He was also very tidy. He wore shoe covers to protect my floors, and blew the debris off the patio after working out there. I'll have him come back in 2 years to clean the dryer vent again. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Cheap flexible dryer vent hose needed to be replaced; dryer vent needed cleaning.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

01/26/2018

Stephen L.

It went as well as it could go. He arrived ontime, recommended service, gave me a quote, and did the work. He worked in about 2 hours. The dryer vent was almost 2.5 stories up and he fixed it no problems!

Description of Work
I needed them to remove a screen that was collecting lint covering the exit dryer vent and replace it with a vermit proof vent. They also vacuumed out the vent and checked the dryer.

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

12/06/2017

Anne B.

The work was done efficiently and professionally. I was a bit surprised at how costly it was as we had had some repair done about 18 months prior. The former work was shoddy, and because of this, additional AND CORRECTLY DONE repair/replacement/installation was more expensive - but definitely worth it.

Description of Work
Reroute/install newdryer vent and remove accumulated debris in attic.

09/15/2017

Hemi A.

Charles was very professional. He was on time, gave me a quote and explained what needed to be done. He finished the work very quickly.

Description of Work
I need the dryer vent rerouted through the roof and then cleaned.

Category roofing, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

09/01/2017

Kan D.

We moved in this house and found it took forever to dry the clothing. We called the other company with more positive review on Angie's list to clean the vent and were told that the pipe was disconnected behind the dry wall. I called several places and no one is willing to give a try. Finally, I found Charles on Angie's list. He showed up on time, and run the diagnostic test of the entire system thoroughly and finally identified the problem. He fixed the problem and cleaned the whole system. He was very professional and cleaned all the dirt afterwards. We are so excited that we can use the dryer again. I would definitely recommend Charles to my friends in the future.

Description of Work
Dryer vent system inspection and cleaning

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

08/09/2017

Jeff S.

Charles Espinoza did an outstanding job. Identified a real problem requiring immediate resolution. Fixed it quickly at the quoted price and saved us from a potential house fire... highly recommend

Description of Work
Clogged dryer vent

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

06/21/2017

Deborah H.

Beautifully. There were two gentlemen, and they could not have been nicer. They quickly identified the problem with my dryer and ended up actually doing more than just addressing that one issue.

Description of Work
Dryer was not "drying," but I didn't know why, so when they came to my home, they first had to identify what the problem was before they could fix it.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

06/15/2017

Sue P.

On time. Quick, clean service. Cost more than expected because of new parts. Also, charged diagnostic fee even though work was performed. Most people waive that fee if work is done.

Description of Work
Cleaned out dryer vent. Installed new connector on dryer and vent outside. New vent hose.

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

05/03/2017

Ted M.

Really well - nice guys, very thorough and helpful. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

03/03/2017

Melissa H.

SOLUTION: I called Dryer Vent Wizard. Charles Espinoza serviced our dryer, took the time to listen to my concerns and found the root problems for what we were experiencing. There was mush and water in the dryer line and the external hose protruded from the house at least a foot. Charles took the time to explain the issues, show me the problems and the solution to it all. The previous company had bent the exit line in order to shove it into the opening and it would only go so far into the line. Charles drilled through the brick to properly attached the hose using quality parts. He wasn't in a rush, he took the time necessary to do the job. He then cleaned the wet dripping goo out of the vent line. He made sure the dryer was gonna dry and Cleaned up the area in and around the laundry closet beautifully. My new dryer then worked with no alerts!! SMILES! I couldn't be happier with the service provided and the results! CALL Dryer Vent Wizard FIRST!! I would have saved money and got it done right the first time if I had called them first. Highly Recommend!

Description of Work
PROBLEM: Our Dryer Vent needed help as it leaked damp air into the laundry closet AFTER being totally cleaned and attachments for inside and outside the house had been replaced in late 2014 by another company. AND, because the BRAND NEW dryer would only ALERT that something wasn't right with the venting. Ugh.

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

02/06/2017

Lisa R.

The service was as expected. They were fine at explaining after they were done.

Description of Work
They did dryer vent cleaning.

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

01/30/2017

Catherine B.

Great job. Tech was courteous and on time. He was knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vents and installed new roof vent.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

12/12/2016

Rico L.

The only thing that prevented this from being a perfect visit was he forgot to plug the washer back in to the wall outlet.

Description of Work
Cleaning of dryer vent.

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

01/29/2016

Brian W.

Everything went great. I have a 55 year old house and the dryer vent was undersized and heavily clogged. He removed the old vent and installed a new one using the same opening in the roof. He also did a great job of installing a new roof cap and sealing around it, I'd use his services again.

Description of Work
Installed a new dryer stack.

Category appliance repair, roofing, dryer vent cleaning

Cost $671.15

Work Completed On 05/23/2015

01/27/2016

Alicia M.

$39 service fee for traveling to my home. Another fee was hose. And charged another fee approximately $145 for cleaning vent. I was not expecting this service to be expensive. It took about 2 hours. He mentioned there was lint in trap of dryer and that was it. Was not expecting to pay this kind of money to clean out my dryer but felt pressured to get service done since I was already paying a travel fee. Then I purchased an expensive hose. Then tried to sell a maintenance plan. I do not feel comfortable recommending their company. Prices to vague and no one else mentioned a trip charge fee in their review. And my dryer is only performing about 25% better. Still having to dry clothes twice. Not worth the $224 I paid.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent and replaced hose.

Work Completed On 01/21/2016

01/17/2016

Timothy T.

Very well, Charles Espinoza was outstanding. Communication throughout the process was great, he was on time, understood my problem, provided a number of solutions, and went with the solution that was best for me at this time. I need to replace my dryer roof vent cap in the future and will definitely use Charles.

Description of Work
Replaced dryer vent, repaired dryer vent outlet, and checked for improvement of air flow.

Category appliance repair, roofing, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 01/16/2016

10/03/2015

Christina P.

Charles was prompt in getting back to me in setting up an appointment in a timely manner. He arrived a little early and was already inspecting our dryer vent when I came home from dropping my daughter off at school. I originally had him to come out to clean our dryer vent which we were told by an inspector that we needed to have done. Charles said that was not the case. He said there was just a little lent in there which he removed and told me the dryer vent was not correctly adjusted. I appreciated his honesty in not selling me a service I did not need. He did inspect our actual dryer which was full of lint and suggested it be cleaned which he did do. Charles also showed me the movers did not use the correct dryer hose for our dryer when we moved into our house. He put on the correct dryer hose. I would use Charles in the future because he was prompt in setting up an appointment, arrived a little early on the day of the appointment, was honest, nice, and most importantly did a great job!

Description of Work
Charles installed a new dryer hose, inspected our dryer vent, and cleaned the lint out of our dryer.

Work Completed On 09/30/2015

08/04/2015

Jenny E.

We have lived in the house for a little over a month. Our clothes dryer was taking forever to dry clothes. Charles was able to come out same day as called. It was discovered our booster fan was never hooked up to any power. He gave us two different options for repair. We chose to remove the fan and replace with a pipe for the time being. The other option requires a new fan and an electrician to run conduit (looking at over $500 extra). The outside dryer vent did not have any type of covering over it and a bird had made a nest. He installed a pest resistant cover into brick. He also cleaned the dryer lines. The dryer airflow significantly improved after the cleaning. He called when he was on his way and took over two hours to complete the job. There is a $39 service fee for coming out, that's the only reason I didn't score an 'A' for price.

Description of Work
Charles cleaned dryer vent, added a vent cover outside, removed a booster fan that was not installed correctly