AAA AUGER Plumbing Services

Founded 1962 • With Angi since September 2005

2437 E. Union Bower Rd.

Irving, TX 75061

AAA AUGER has been proudly servicing customers in Texas since 1962. We currently service the Austin, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston and San Antonio markets. It is our mission to send a clean, respectful, licensed and competent plumber in the timeliest manner. AAA AUGER ensures that all Service

07/02/2018

Jim P.

Excellent work. I have a power flush toilet and it was leaking in the tank. Repairman came, looked, we discussed the malfunctioning part, he left to purchase it, returned, repaired. He also worked on the flush mechanism and fixed it so no slow leakage into bowl. Spent about 1.5 hrs. total. No markup on part. Professional, courteous, nice.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Category plumbing

Thank you for the very kind review. You are well appreciated!

12/26/2017

CATHY K.

Fantastic! I called AAA Auger after another plumber failed to diagnose the problem. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Unclog main drain in front of house

Category drain cleaning

Thank you so very much for your business and the nice review!

10/29/2017

seth T.

AAA Auger showed up within an hour of being called Sunday morning and had the drain opened by noon.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain line became clogged Saturday night. I was unable to open it up using my Home Depot snake.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for such a nice review. We sincerely appreciate your business!

10/23/2017

Ann P.

Fred came within an hour of my call on a Saturday afternoon. I explained that we had the drain cleaned by another company 2 months ago. He took over an hour, snaking the drain twice, running the water, figuring out where the pipes went. He did such a thorough job to make sure it wasn't going to back up again within a short time. They even warranty it for 30 days. Great job, very reasonable price, thank you!

Description of Work
Kitchen drain backed up for the second time in 2 months.

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for your trust and confidence. We sincerely appreciate your business!

07/24/2017

David D.

Technician arrived on time, quoted to replace the 2 existing water heaters with an upgraded gas tank less system. The price was a bit high, but I secured their services. Technician installed the new unit too far from an electrical outlet that was required to operate the computer system. So, he used one if my extension cords the resolve the installation error. Contacted the Office Manager and they indicated it was my problem to resolve the issue. Hired an outside electrician, at my expense. The overflow tube was kinked, again an installation error. I fixed it myself. Not Happy....

Description of Work
2 gas water heaters needed to be replaced.

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I will have my office contact you to address further your concerns. I am sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction and the added aggravation you sustained. [Member Name Removed] Cross

01/22/2017

Lynn S.

Was so surprised by how fast they responded - literally they returned our call and had a technician on-site within 15 minutes - Wow! He snaked the drain and was done quickly.

Description of Work
Our kitchen sink wouldn't drain, and none of the regular unclogging techniques were working, so had to call in the professionals on a Sunday afternoon.

Category drain cleaning

Thank you so very much for the solid review. We sincerely appreciate your business.

01/09/2017

Frank S.

They are very good. Only one person came out and I think it took him about 45 minutes. He left the area spotless.

Description of Work
They changed out a toilet for me.

Category plumbing

Thank you fore the nice review. I am sorry to be so late responding. We appreciate your business!

06/29/2016

Preston S.

Called AAA on 6/27/16 and they were sending someone out the morning of 6/28/16. The plumber called to say he was on his way, I believe his name was Dave. He pulled the water meter cover and then pulled the sprinkler box cover told us that it would be $987.50 to make the repair. I asked why it was so much and what the labor charge was, he said it was priced as a job as a whole and there wasn't a breakdown. He stated that if he had to dig under the sidewalk it would be an additional cost. Due to the water leaking we agreed. About 10 minutes after agreeing he returned to the door and said that the leak was on the city side and that the city would need to make the repair and that it would not cost us anything. He stated he called the city. The city came out and looked at the meter and the pipe and said the leak was not on their side. The city said that it was definitely a leak somewhere in the sprinkler box. So we called a sprinkler repair person they came and told us that it was not a leak in the sprinkler system but a leak in the pipe and pointed it out. So we called back AAA and they stated that they do not work on sprinklers and I explained that it was not the sprinkler pipe that was leaking. They sent back out another plumber this evening 6/28/16 and he said that he could have told me it was not on the city side. He quoted me for a temporary fix and to fix the issue roughly $670. So form this morning to this evening we have a price difference of over $300. I'm unsure if the "temporary" fix is good enough to last or if I'm being up sold on a repair that is not really needed. I'm apprehensive after getting a $300 price difference in less then a 10 hour window. Plan on calling AAA tomorrow to discuss. Will update my review after tomorrow.

Description of Work
We have a leaky pipe in the front yard. The pipe that is leaking runs underneath the double check valve in the sprinkler control box. The coupling that was used to connect two pipes appears to be worn and that is were the leak is originating from.

12/30/2015

Kathleen W.

They used a trencher, tore up the electrical and irrigation lines in the back yard and denied doing so, until another provider pointed it our. Made an absolute mess of every area of the property they touched. Worse yet, three years later the riser closest to the house started leaking again.

Description of Work
Repaired a gas line.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Our work was covered under warranty, a warranty for which we would have honored should we have been given the chance. Regarding the broken electrical and irrigation lines, we completely and fully disclosed before we did the job that underground utilities were at risk of being hit (we had to dig a trench almost 2 feet deep in your ground); a disclosure that we required your written signature on before we began. Regardless of the disclosure, we credited $1,000.00 of the job back to you and ended up working out in the freezing cold for those several days trying to get your gas back on. Furthermore, we even provided extra work trying to put back your deck (which was clearly excluded from our proposal). The job was not without its mistakes, but we sincerely tried to do everything we could to satisfy you. We are terribly sorry that we were unable to do so.

06/23/2015

LES S.

I have an older home (built in 1942), thus, the hot water closet is very small. AAA Auger was able to furnish a hot water heater to replace the old one that went out after 28 faithful years of service. The installer was Sam. He showed up at the house with a smile and kept a positive attitude throughout the entire day even though he encountered cramped working conditions and obstacles that needed to be overcome. He did an impeccable job! I give him an A+++. I would highly recommend him and the company he works for, AAA Auger Plumbing

Description of Work
Replaced a hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

WOW! You really made our day! Thank you for the nice review and for taking the time to write it! We sincerely value your business! Thanks again, David Cross CEO

04/22/2015

Kevin M.

I noticed a leak in the water shutoff valve for the toilet in the guest bathroom late in the afternoon. The valve leaked even when I shut it off so I had to shut off water to the house. This was around 4:15 pm. I called several plumbers to see if I could get the repair accomplished that same day but they all wanted to add a significant upcharge for after hours service. I called AAA Auger at 4:45 pm and they said they could have someone at my house in less than 2 hours at no charge to provide a free estimate. The plumber (Eric) arrived shortly after 6 pm. He quoted me the price of $133 which I accepted. He took about 30 minutes to complete the work. He was professional and neat. I especially appreciated that he put booties on his feet while in the house and took them off when he went outside. Overall he did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced a water shutoff valve to a toilet.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you so very much for the nice review! We sincerely appreciate your business! David Cross CEO

01/20/2015

Randall S.

The staff were somewhat rude and rude to my wife. The were mediocre. I would tell a friend to stay away from them as far as possible.

Description of Work
I used AAA AUGER Plumbing Services. They charged me 400.00 to tell me I had a gas leak. They were going to charge me 11,000 for the job.

Category gas leak repair

Leaks of any kind can be very frustrating. Unfortunately, with gas leaks, finding the problems so that prudent options can be presented can be very tedious. We are sorely disappointed that we weren't able to gain your confidence or satisfaction. We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity and sincerely hope that you are able to remedy your problem within your budget's capacity. David Cross CEO

01/02/2015

Shannan S.

The office calls before they arrive and then follows-up after they work is completed. They are so nice and professional eveytime I call, even when my ceiling is flooding. The plummers show up in a company truck with a clean uniform and shoe covers. They explain what needs to be repaired and how much money it is going to cost. The plummer that replaced the tub faucet sweeped the entryway before he stated his repairs to ensure he didn't bring in leaves AND got us a master key to the water main so next time we can shut of the main water so it wouldn't flood like it did this past time. WAY above and beyond what I have experienced with plummers in the past. I will continue to use them for all my plumming needs.

Description of Work
The first time they replaced our water heater and was so impressed I called them back to replace a dripping faucet in the tub.

Category plumbing

WOW! Thank you for the nice review. You sincerely made my day! if you ever hear of anything less than impressive service, please let us know. Sincerely, David Cross CEO

11/11/2014

Alice A.

They were able to work me in on the same day that I called...and it was a Sunday! No up charge for a weekend visit! The attendant was so personable and polite.

Description of Work
Repaired a leaking spigot

Category plumbing

THANK YOU! We genuinely appreciate your business. It is also very kind of you to take the time to share your positive review. Thanks again, David Cross CEO

10/06/2014

Kathy M.

I think that they are very good and sometimes it does take them a long time to come, but they constantly call and tell me what the situation is. I do like that. I like their communication because that way I don't have to sit there and wait on them. I think their prices may have gone up a little bit, but we will still use them because we always know when they will be here. They come out for holidays anytime and they don't charge extra for that.

Description of Work
We used AAA AUGER Plumbing Services to unclog a toilet.

Thank you for your business and the nice review. Sincerely, David Cross CEO

09/23/2014

Donovan B.

Clog was removed, and a family of 5, including 3 small children, are happy and healthy in a home with working toilets and showers. The price was very reasonable for the service. We called in the problem around noon, and AAA Auger sent it to Dan, who arrived late afternoon and took care of everything.

Description of Work
Daughter's drain had been stopped up for several days. Toilets and showers were not draining at all. Her home insurance service was not able to send anyone for several days and, when someone did show up did not do anything, and still expected payment. We contacted AAA Auger, and they had a technician, Dan, out there that afternoon. Dan assessed the problem and presented a couple of solutions and recommendations. He got to work, and, in less than a hour, had the clog removed.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for the great review. We are very fortunate to have employees like Dan. We will let him know. Thanks again for your business! Regards, David Cross

09/05/2014

charles A.

It went as planned and done by professionals.

Description of Work
Rework of faucets, floor work for drain and installation of new fixtures.

Category plumbing

[removed member name], We value your business and appreciate you taking the time to make your experience known. If you ever hear of us delivering less than impressive service, please never hesitate to let me know about it. Although we may stumble, I pledge that we will rise to your expectation of service. Regards, David Cross CEO

08/06/2014

Rhonda O.

I discovered a hot water heater leaking on Sunday morning. I called AAA Auger about 10:30 AM. They said someone could be there in about 30 minutes. David arrived as promised. I assumed he would assess the problem and return the next day to fix it He discovered both water heaters were leaking. To my pleasant surprise he said he would go get the parts, round up some help, and try to get at least one of them fixed that day. He and Ralph returned and got to work. They encountered some problems draining the water heaters and it took longer than expected. He still they would get at least one working. He was supposed to get off work at 5:30PM. Pleasant surprise number two 5:30 came and they kept working. Almost two hours after he was supposed to get off, pleasant surprise number three. They had both water heaters up and running. I will definitely use AAA Auger again.

Description of Work
Replaced two hot water heaters.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to write the very nice review. Sincerely, David Cross CEO

06/12/2014

Chris S.

Master plumber Curtis came out and did a wonderful job. He fixed a smell we had been having in the bathroom and a leak in the front yard. He provided a friendly, personal touch to his service. The smell did come back but he arranged to have his supervisor come out with him to locate the issue and the issue has since been resolved. I will be using them again for any other plumbing issues in the future.

Description of Work
Fixed leak in front yard and flushed hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are fortunate to have fine folks like Curtis who embrace our culture of customer service. I will be sure to pass on the kind words. Thanks for your business! Sincerely, David Cross CEO

06/12/2014

Brett B.

We were at home and started hearing water running in our laundry room. After making sure the toilets weren't running I noticed that the water heater seemed to be pushing water through even though the shower/dishwasher/washing machine/etc. were not running. My wife then mentioned that the tiles in the bathroom were warm. When we went ot investigate I heard could hear water rushing below the tiles and foundation. After some cursing, I contacted a friend of ours whom had some major plumbing issues fixed last year. She told me that she used AAA Auger(and gave me their phone number) and was very happy with them. She said they were probably not the cheapest but their professionalism and thoroughness made up for that. So I contacted AAA Auger and they told me they would send out a plumber right away. Not an hour later we met Curtis Jackson(master plumber) and described our problem. And went into the bathroom and could also hear the water running and also checked the water heater and confirmed our fears. After he pulled off the water meter lid he pointed out how our meter was spinning even though the water wasn't being used. After turning off the hot water supply from the water heater the meter stopped spinning so fortunately it was just the hot water line that was burst. Curtis then gave us our 3 options we had to re-route the hot water line, breaking through the bathroom floor to reach the hot water line or tunneling. We went with tunneling as the re-routing and breaking through the bathroom floor would mean extra expense to fix the drywall or tiling. He did say it was ok for us to use the hot water for taking showers but to just shut it off at the hot water heater when not in use. The next day the crew showed up and began to tunnel under the house. When they reached the hot water line Curtis came back out to try and fix the hot water line. During this he discovered that our main line(sewage pipe from the bathroom) was pretty much level. That is when I told him of the foundation repair and we concluded that was why the pipe was not angling towards the street. So we elected, that while he was down there, to go ahead and fix the pipe but to reach the toilet and the joint would require more tunneling. Curtis is a very friendly guy and is more then happy to explain what he is doing. And if you so wish, like I did, he has no problem with you going under the house and having him show you the problem. But if you don't feel like crawling in the mud he will happily take any photos to show you the issue. After the hot water line and the main line were fixed and they filled in the hole Curtis brought out the camera to scope my line. That is when we discovered that because of the foundation repair the line on the opposite side of hte house near the kitchen had broken. Fortunately the tunneling for this wasn't nearly as far and since they were already out there we elected to fix this too. After the tunneling was complete on that side, Curtis and his assistant Nick went down and had to use a jackhammer to break away the concrete to fix this pipe. But the repairs were completed very quickly and no leaks could be found after the fix was completed. Also, in addition to the hot water line being fixed we have noticed our toilets flushing much easier now(we were thinking it was low flow toilet problems). Even though this was a major expense for us, Curtis was very helpful in getting us through this and quot;sticker shockand quot;. We will definitely be using AAA Auger again for our future plumbing needs and be requesting Curtis to be our plumber. Though as we told Curtis after he had finished, and quot;No offense but we hope we don't see you anytime soon.and quot; to which he laughed.

Description of Work
Tunneled under house to repair a burst hot water line. During this process it was discovered that due to the foundation repair we had years ago(where the house was jacked up) our sewage line from the bathroom-where the hot water line was located at-was almost level which was causing issues when we flushed the toilet and slow drainage in the shower and bath(to angle the line required more tunneling to re-angle the pipe). We also discovered, when the line was being scoped, that the foundation repair had also broken a pipe on the opposite side of our house. This also required tunneling to get to and have it repaired. (There was a bunch of tunneling)

Category excavators, plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for placing your trust in our team. I will let Curtis know about this very kind review you took the time to put forth. On behalf of the AAA AUGER team, THANK YOU! Sincerely, David Cross CEO

05/29/2014

Stephanie H.

Further repairs were prohibited by the home warranty company, though this company has shown professionalism each time they have been called out with the exception of the first visit. The company stepped up and corrected the problem from that first visit and each subsequent visit has been good.

Description of Work
Stopped the water from continually running in a broken toilet tank.

Category plumbing

Thanks for your patronage. We understand how frustrating the warranty game can be. David Cross CEO

04/18/2014

Amy C.

We had to call auger out during bad weather. They came from Irving and were at my house in about 35-40 minutes. about 40 minutes later they were done and line was cleared. We had to call them in the evening and there was no extra charge!

Description of Work
The line was backed up.

Thank you for the kind review! Thanks again for your business! David Cross CEO

03/29/2014

Kathy M.

This company is very professional. They have fixed several things in our house and are always friendly professional and efficient. It takes a while for someone to come when you schedule but, they call constantly with time updates so it's nice because you know your still a priority. This company comes all days of the year and holidays with no extra fee!! I will use them for all our plumbing needs.

Description of Work
This company has done several plumbing jobs for us.

Category plumbing

Thank you for all of your business. Please let us know if you ever even hear of us giving less than impressive service. Thanks again! David Cross CEO

03/12/2014

Lisa D.

I had a horrible experience with a company (not AAA Auger) that my Home Warranty sent out. I was lied to from dispatch. Their technician came out and stuck a stick in the ground and said and quot;well I'll be back tomorrowand quot;. This is a 2 man job. The next day their was a threat of bad weather but it didn't happen. But dispatch told me that and quot;due to the weather no one would be coming out that dayand quot;. So I called her supervisor and she told me that what I had been told was not correct and that it would have to be the next day before the technician could come out. So, this is why I went with AAA Auger. I looked at their reviews online and made the call. Mind you, we had been without water for 5 days. I wish I could remember the technicians name, but he was amazing. He came, did a diagnostic test to find where exactly the leak was. It was at least 3 feet from the and quot;stick in the groundand quot;. He proceeded to dig (and he did it himself, so it didn't have to be a 2 person job). He dug about 3 feet went straight to the leak, made the repairs (caused by roots) and the job was completed the same day. Just amazing customer service from the time I called. I didn't expect same day service, but I got it. I will never use another plumbing company besides AAA Auger. Their way of business is the way a business should be run. So glad I found them.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak in my front hard.

Category plumbing

WOW! Thank you for the great words! Please let us know if you ever even hear of us giving less than impressive service. Thanks again for your business! David Cross CEO

02/11/2014

Renee S.

He showed up promptly in the ICY road conditions. He was EXCELLENT in his attitude, and most of all service. He scoped, and cleaned my main line, and then cleaned out the kitchen line. He worked diligently to find the problem that was causing major back up in my entire house, including my kitchen floor. He was kind, and most effecient. Very positive, giving me reassurance the entire way. I thank him, and will certainly use him again.

Description of Work
Scoped, and cleaned main line.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your very kind review. We usually only learn about those times when we didn't quite hit the mark (or completely missed it). Your business is greatly appreciated! David Cross CEO

Advantage Drainage

What sets Advantage Drainage apart? We solely provide drain service and have made it our specialty for the last 37+ years. Drainage is an unregulated business, this means that anyone— landscapers, plumbers, or sprinkler companies— can put a pipe in the ground and call it drainage. This becomes risky for the consumer. However, Advantage Drainage customers throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, know that our drain solutions stand apart as time-tested and proven. A large percentage of our business consists of redoing drainage work attempted by landscapers and sprinkler companies. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by contacting our team of experts to do the job right the first time. Advantage Drainage solutions integrate multiple layers of protection to stop flooding now and in the future. We have the specialized tools and equipment to deal with North Texas soils. We can access hard to reach areas— below ground level, preconstruction sites, underneath landscapes or buildings— to stop basement flooding, standing water, blocked drainage, etc., at its source. Our combination of experience, ingenuity, and specialized training cannot be beat. Let Advantage Drainage help you today! Please provide your phone number and address in the message center for the fastest response. Thank you!

Lone Star Water Heaters LLC

Lone Star Water Heaters is family owned and operated. We specialize in a comprehensive suite of installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement services on all makes and models of water heaters. Get in touch to learn more about Lone Star Water Heaters. Our team of highly skilled technicians combines over two decades of hands-on experience in the industry. We offer standard and emergency services 24/7, serving a diverse pool of residential and commercial clients in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex area.

2022 Super Service Award

Chimney & Wildlife Specialists

Chimney & Wildlife Specialists is an owner-operated business that serves the Dallas, Ft. Worth and Amarillo areas. All labor is performed by professional technicians who work for their local company branch—we never use sub-contractors. This allows us to hold our technicians to the highest standards of excellence in the industry, as well as maintain our commitment to customer satisfaction.

M-37445
    DFW
    TSBPE
    09/30/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing Services, Gas Repair, Water Heater Repair/Replacement, Garbage Disposals, Sewer & Drain Cleaning, Faucet Repair/Replacement, Shower Pans, Slab Leaks, Water Leaks, Gas Leaks, Sewer Leaks, Leak Detection, Bathroom Remodel, Toilet Repair/Installation, Back Flow Prevention / Testing / Installation, Water Softener Installation, ALL PLUMBING SERVICES

Grease Trap or Septic Pumping, Septic Repair/Installation