Big Daddys Moving LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2009

Big Daddy’s Moving LLC is a high quality moving company similar to white glove movers. We operate all over the DFW area out of one location in Hurst. We are a family owned business and have been operating since 2007. The owner of the company, Rex Peterson, is a veteran and a retired police

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

movers (263)professional organizers (6)

01/05/2023

Bobby C.

Big Daddys was recommended by Stonecreek in NRH. The facility contact told them they could not begin the job until 10:00 or 10:30. Wendy at BD texted me asking if they could come earlier. I told her no, our packers needed until at least 10am to prepare for the move. She confirmed by text they would be there "between 10:00 am and 10:30 am" They showed up at 9:15 anyway. I told the head mover that they weren't supposed to come until 10am and he said they had to start b/c of another job. Our packers and I had to stop packing to walk him to the new room and give instructions. BD announced "we're starting the clock at 9:30." We were all stepping over one another with 2 crews in a small space packing & moving at the same time. It added a LOT of stress to an already stressful process, & we ended up moving several items ourselves AND paying the packers extra to help move items. I expressed my frustration to Wendy who responded, "I hope your move went well regardless of the early show up."

Description of Work
Move elderly parent from one room to another on the same floor, different section of a building (50 minute job, but the mover required payment for 2 hours minimum)

Category moving companies

Dear [Member Name Removed] We're very sorry to hear that your move did no go exactly how you planned it. It does appear there was a miscommunication between us as we were unaware you had packers there working and occupying majority of the space until 10am since our usual start time is 9:30am. We do strive to take the best care of our customers on every single move. Again, we do apologize and never meant to add any stress to your move. Best regards, Big Daddy's Team

05/13/2022

Carolyn D.

Talon, Cassidy, and Gabriel did a fantastic job moving me into my next chapter of life. They were professional, courteous, and kind. I have no doubt about this company and recommend Big Daddy’s to everyone. Thank you guys!!

Description of Work
Movers to unload a POD of furniture, and lots of boxes into my new place.

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

07/26/2020

Norma B.

Austin, Logan H, Gabor, & Jaime were very helpful in moving all the heavy stuff out and loading the Trucks/pod. We really appreciate all their help! Thank you!

Description of Work
Move my mom.

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

06/10/2020

Joyce O.

Talon and Cowboy were fantastic. Every step they went above and beyond my expectations. They both have several years of experience with this company. The manager, Ivan, was in communication with me nearly every day. I sent him photos and chatted about my needs. They were on time even a little early. They are exclusive to Angies List. Wonderful service! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
U-Haul loading

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

05/28/2020

Tina B.

Such a great experience, a very smooth and easy move. David and Logan are professional and friendly , courteous fast and awesome. I really appreciate all of the communication with Ivan in the office, he was great. I would definitely hire them again and you can rust them with your stuff.

Description of Work
Move out of a1 bed apartment into storage

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

05/18/2020

Nicky B.

Awesome-highly recommend. Very professional & had to deliver to 3 different locations. Did it in a timely manner & were very fair in cost .

Description of Work
Moving furniture.

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

10/11/2019

Julie A.

Great service from day one for an estimate from Ivan and Erica handing the concerns and questions. The movers where quick, friendly, and who has smiles while working. Great service and would use them again in a heartbeat. Thanks again guys and gal. You made out headache go away. 🤩

Description of Work
Heavy Furniture Moving

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

09/05/2019

Christian L.

These guys are the best! Super professional, very friendly and did a great job loading everything without damaging anything! I would recommended them to anyone and would definitely use them again! Great job guys!!

Description of Work
Need 2 large storage building loaded into 1 Uhaul truck

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

07/20/2019

Donna E.

Carl and Austin did a great job! It was a stressful and emotional day and they were very professional and respectful of the situation. They were prompt, efficient and careful with my fathers belongings. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moved my father rom his home of 50 years in Burleson to an assisted living facility in NRH

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

06/29/2019

Carolyn K.

Great!!! On time, clean, got to work, Handled things with care and respect. Two and one half hours later they were finished!! Recommend them highly!! The cost was a lot less than their competitors.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

05/24/2019

Ronke O.

They were excellent! Respectful, kind, compassionate, prompt, and extremely professional. All of my things were intact as if I had never moved when they placed it in my new apartment. I have never seen such an amazing performance. I am still wowed!

Description of Work
Moving from one apartment to another

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

05/20/2019

JEREMY B.

The team did an excellent job moving all of our large, heavy furniture items. They provided the truck, wrapped all the furniture to protect it, and they moved super fast. I had 4 guys David, Austin, Steven, and Caleb and they were all very strong / capable, very respectful / professional, and most importantly they were extremely careful to not allow furniture to touch the walls. Everything was moved without any damage to the furniture or the either house. I am extremely happy with the job they did and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again!

Description of Work
Big Daddy’s Moving for moving services for my house move in town

Work Completed On 05/18/2019

03/30/2019

Eileen O.

Dave, Gustave, Steve and Caleb did an INCREDIBLE job for us. They arrived a few minutes early and went strong all day. Careful, courteous, patient, and great teamwork. We had an enormous armoire that is very difficult to move and the room we wanted it in was quite a challenge. Great attitudes all around, they got it done! We used Big Daddy’s on a previous move also - excellent experience both times.

Description of Work
Moved - within the neighborhood

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

02/23/2019

Rachael D.

Good movers! Ivan and David were very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Moving residence

01/26/2019

ANDY B.

The professionalism was outstanding shown to me by these men. Courteous, while giving forth great effort in a timely manner. Thanks Big Daddy, awesome in every way fellas.

Description of Work
Needed a quick move done on my day off.

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

11/16/2018

Laura M.

Josh and Cowboy showed up 15 minutes early. They were very friendly and professional. They were in constant motion the entire 4 hours! They went above and beyond as they had to take off and put 3 doors back on. They also took off the doors to my huge fridge so it could get through the door. I highly recommend this company for your moving needs!

Description of Work
Moving from one house to another

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

11/05/2018

Amanda J.

Everything went as planned. We had 2 movers and a small truck to move a bedroom set, some tables and boxes, and an Nordic Track, about 25 miles. The cost was exactly as quoted, the movers were very friendly, careful with our furniture, and easy to work with. We would use them again if ever needed.

Description of Work
Local move of 2 rooms of furniture

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

08/26/2018

Cheryl V.

We had large furniture that needed to be moved from our house. Some was going to my mom’s house and the rest to a storage unit. Talon, Trystan, and Manny did our move and they were incredible. Diligent, fast, and courteous! We will never move with another moving company again and will continually recommend this company. A++ service! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Moving from house to storage

Work Completed On 08/26/2018

07/05/2018

Rose Z.

Being new to the area of Fort Worth Texas, I trusted Angie's List to assist me in my selection of a mover to fit my needs. Big Daddy's Moving company is an awesome company to work with. Manny and Gabe were my two movers who arrived promptly with smiles and the eagerness to start working to complete my needs of moving. I moved from a second-floor apartment with no elevator to a third-floor apartment with an elevator, and my move was without a hitch; no damages, and with the most professional people I have ever met. We have rehired Big Daddy's Moving Company to assist with my daughter's move later this month as they are truly and asset to Angie's List and to the moving community of Fort Worth. Thank you very much.

Description of Work
Moving from apartment to apartment

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

07/04/2018

Kenneth W.

Talon and Manny were very personable and enthusiastic. They arrived on time, worked hard in 100 degree heat and handled everything in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Picked up my furniture, drove a rental truck to Big Daddy’s facility and stored my furniture for 5 days, then delivered the furniture to my new home.

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

06/18/2018

Tracy M.

The guys, David and Derrick were awesome! Were right on time. Did a super job moving everything. Very polite. Will use again for sure!

Description of Work
Moving large furniture and appliances.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/09/2018

Karthik C.

The movers were punctual, professional and got the job done. They had to dismantle some large pieces of furniture before moving it to the destination and had to put the furniture back together. They were careful to not damage either the furniture or the walls as they were moving things. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Moving furniture inside the house

Category home & garage organization

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

06/07/2018

Zulia H.

Awesome! These guys are great at what they do!!!! I hired two companies before them and they screwed up big time for me and not only that, they were sooooo rude! I found Big Daddys Moving on Yelp and then I was referred to Angie's list. Ivan and their team were very professional, nice, and knew exactly what and how to do their job fast and efficient providing great quality! The price was fair/good ( got some discounts that made me even happier) but most of all the quality of their job was excellent! If I ever will be moving again, I definitely will be looking for them! Thank you so much!!! You sure made my move less stressful!

Description of Work
Needed to move from storage to house

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

05/28/2018

Shawn B.

The move was awesome!!!! Zane and his team, Mario and Steve arrived promptly at 9:30am and began the project at a steady pace finishing up at about 2:00pm. Zane let us know how the work was going to flow, asked if we needed any supplies and if we had any items that required special needs or care. The team worked fast, but not reckless at all; which we HAVE seen from other moving companies. Upon arrival at our new house, they unloaded everything with care, placing items wherever we wanted them. Thank you again, Zane, Mario and Steve!! I would recommend Big Daddy’s Moving for all of your moving needs and will definitely use them again in the future. This was the best move we’ve had thanks to you guys!

Description of Work
We moved to a new home from Hurst to Heritage Trace.